Dogs @ Flyers a THRILLER

Waldo
12-05-2003, 11:19 AM
Last time the Dogs clawed and scratched their way back to .500 they crashed and burned, losing 3 straight. They've clawed and scratched their way back to .500 only to run up against the Flyers who are unbeatable at home. We've seen some great individual performances since the beginning of the season but it is only within the last few games where the entire team have all played well all at the same time. Given that Hitchcock has promised to nuke the Coyotes next time they played in PA I would expect the Flyers to start the cheapshots right off the opening faceoff. The Yotes measure up quite well to the Flyers. There's a lotta size in them 2 teams. I'm just expecting that Flyers are too focused on revenge and will be off their game. With the Coyotes, one can never tell which players will come up HUGE but there have been several superb performances lately. My inclination is to say that in no way can the Coyotes beat a superior team like the Flyers but I'll suggest some more superb performances by ..... yada yada yada ..... whoever happens to come up big this time. But its gonna be a THRILLER.

Dancing Chicken
12-05-2003, 11:28 AM
I hope Nagy takes fire again and paging Mr Spiller, you have a meeting with JR that is far over due..

ulf
12-05-2003, 11:31 AM
if burke stops 38 of 40 shots we will have a chance :)

Hordichuk_24
12-05-2003, 01:42 PM
Even though Nazarov doesn't deserve to dress after the last game I really hope he does tonight. We could really use him. This game could get nasty, although I doubt it will. Usually when a team "vows revenge" nothing really comes out of it thanks to a warning sent out from the league.

Devils Advocate
12-05-2003, 04:33 PM
Even though Nazarov doesn't deserve to dress after the last game I really hope he does tonight. We could really use him.

That's amazing you knew we were going to need his offense tonight ;)

Too bad we came up short. Still a good effort & a great road trip thus far. If we lose to the Blackhawks (given their injuries) it will be a shame, yet I think we'd all have taken 5 of a possible 10 points if asked prior to the road trip.

Hopefully we'll spank the Blackhawks like we should. I'm amazed we get to see it on TV given it involves that jackass Wirtz.

fighterflea1*
12-05-2003, 05:02 PM
This was some business the Flyers needed to take care of. Too bad it turned into a one goal game cause I think Brashear was ready to administer some headaches in a hurry towards the end. You guys are a bit lucky you got out clean. By tomorrow, your guys'lll be feeling it and remember who they played.

hbk
12-05-2003, 05:20 PM
This was some business the Flyers needed to take care of. Too bad it turned into a one goal game cause I think Brashear was ready to administer some headaches in a hurry towards the end. You guys are a bit lucky you got out clean. By tomorrow, your guys'lll be feeling it and remember who they played.

this is one of those posts that I'm not sure how to take. Yes, we were upset is was a one goal game as well. We would have preferred a more lop-sided score in our favor. II have no doubt Brashear is capable of pounding anyone on the Coyote roster but I don't think our guys were intimidated by him. Our guys have been known to play things physically as well and the Flyers didn't seem to be too concerned about the beating we laid on them in October. It was a surprisingly close game. One which I enjoyed despite the loss.

Devils Advocate
12-05-2003, 06:11 PM
this is one of those posts that I'm not sure how to take.

Sorry, but to be polite, I think it was pretty silly post.

Brashear is the one who is lucky that we didn't score on either of those powerplays.

I'd like to know why the hell Savage, Sillinger, & Gratton played the majority of those last 2 power plays. :mad:

CoyoteBaloney
12-05-2003, 08:07 PM
Many of the Coyotes did not play well tonight. Maybe that can be attributed to the Flyers being a good team or they were tired from playing their 4th game of the road trip, 4th game in 6 days ... but it still wasn't a good game.

eye
12-06-2003, 05:12 AM
this is one of those posts that I'm not sure how to take. Yes, we were upset is was a one goal game as well. We would have preferred a more lop-sided score in our favor. II have no doubt Brashear is capable of pounding anyone on the Coyote roster but I don't think our guys were intimidated by him. Our guys have been known to play things physically as well and the Flyers didn't seem to be too concerned about the beating we laid on them in October. It was a surprisingly close game. One which I enjoyed despite the loss.

The Yotes could always try to activate Marty McSorely to take care of Donald. He played well in the Heritage Classic. Just kidding of course.

hbk
12-06-2003, 08:18 AM
Sorry, but to be polite, I think it was pretty silly post.

Brashear is the one who is lucky that we didn't score on either of those powerplays.

I'd like to know why the hell Savage, Sillinger, & Gratton played the majority of those last 2 power plays. :mad:

was anyone else impressed with how Taffe danced with the puck in his limited playing time. He's deserved his spot.

PhoPhan
12-06-2003, 08:44 AM
I was at the game, and I had a lot of fun.

Heckler: Hey, does that jersey come in men's?
(after game)
Heckler: Hey, good game, drive safely.
Me: Yeah, I hope your drunk ass doesn't skid into a telephone pole.
Heckler: Drunk? I haven't drank anything.
Me: So your a jackass all the time?

Anyway, that was a BS game. The first Flyers goal should not have counted because the refs missed an icing call (unless I missed something). The Amonte goal (I forget if it was the 2nd or 3rd) was a joke as well. Brashear and Roenick skating down the wing on Tanabe, Brashear literally punches Tanabe in the face, knocking his helmet ajar, covering his eyes, allowing Roenick to skat eby and feed Amonte.

Burke came up huge again and again.

After seeing the game, I am very glad they traded Esche, he is a joke. Come on, does Andrei Nazarov score on real goalies?