Falcons update

IceLady80
12-05-2003, 07:30 PM
The falcons had a break out game tonight. They beat Worcester 6-2 at home.

Mike Strutzel had a hat trick
Chris Ferraro had a goal and assist
David leneavue played very well especially in the 3rd stopping 19 shot
Krys Kolonos also had a goal and assist. recieved 2min for cross checking at one point and had one hit that was just amazing. overall very good game for him. He did have one turnover that was not to pretty but all in all good start.

Peter Ferraro is still out with a wrist injury and Mike Strutzel left the game after being hit with a cheap shot by terry virtue. he come up to the stands after though so didnt appear to be a concussion. He seemed to be telling Zach that his neck was sore.

Greg
12-05-2003, 07:46 PM
The falcons had a break out game tonight. They beat Worcester 6-2 at home.

Mike Strutzel had a hat trick
Chris Ferraro had a goal and assist
David leneavue played very well especially in the 3rd stopping 19 shot
Krys Kolonos also had a goal and assist. recieved 2min for cross checking at one point and had one hit that was just amazing. overall very good game for him. He did have one turnover that was not to pretty but all in all good start.

Peter Ferraro is still out with a wrist injury and Mike Strutzel left the game after being hit with a cheap shot by terry virtue. he come up to the stands after though so didnt appear to be a concussion. He seemed to be telling Zach that his neck was sore.
Thanks for the post. I was just checking out the box score. Good to see the puck going in the net for the Falcons. And good news for Kolanos and Stutzel. Who would have ever thought Stutzel would be doing this well offensively?

eye
12-06-2003, 06:16 AM
Thanks for the post. I was just checking out the box score. Good to see the puck going in the net for the Falcons. And good news for Kolanos and Stutzel. Who would have ever thought Stutzel would be doing this well offensively?

Strutzel was one of the top goal scorers in the NCAA last year with 27 goals in 41 games. Many experts feel that it's twice as difficult to score goals in the NCAA as it is in the CHL so his numbers are that much more impressive.

PhoPhan
12-06-2003, 09:47 AM
The most amazing part of that recap was the Kolanos part. Not the goal and the assist, but the monstrous hit. This tells me he is over his concussion.

12-06-2003, 09:49 AM
Kolanos was also a +4 on the evening, a team high, and that means he was a big part of the game as he was on the ice for 4 of the 6 goals scored for the team.

CoyoteBaloney
12-06-2003, 10:09 AM
Thx for the update, IceLady80.

Here is the link to what the Falcons web site had to say about the game: http://www.falconsahl.com/detpages/pressbox1577.shtml

Stutzel's hattrick was a natural to start the game ... 2 in the first and 1 to open the second.

Didn't Stutzel make his living on the PP last season in the NCAA? If I recall correctly he had 18 PP goals and was near the top in all of the NCAA.

Edit: If anyone has some free time and want to listen to the Falcons game tonight against the Portland Pirates (Washington Caps) they can pick it up at http://www.wnnz.com/main.html