Mike Sillinger

Brodeur
12-05-2003, 10:18 PM
Just wanted to see if you guys would think he'd be available in a trade. The Devils are in need of a right handed center and/or a faceoff ace. Sillinger fits both descriptions.

winnipegjets4life
12-06-2003, 01:09 AM
i'd trade him. not saying i dont like how he plays, but i just dont think we should to use him in the way we are right now. He should get a bigger role and as far as i know hes still 4th line right? maybe im wrong, some1 else please tell me if i am.

hbk
12-06-2003, 08:21 AM
Sillinger is a guy who will be available at the deadline and should create a bit of a bidding war for his services. He's a perfect third line center who can chip in with some timely offense. I would anticipate that the Devils, Red Wings, Canucks, Senators will show some interest. Sillinger is set to be a UFA at seasons end so contract shouldn't be an issue.

Brodeur
12-06-2003, 09:24 AM
Sillinger is a guy who will be available at the deadline and should create a bit of a bidding war for his services. He's a perfect third line center who can chip in with some timely offense. I would anticipate that the Devils, Red Wings, Canucks, Senators will show some interest. Sillinger is set to be a UFA at seasons end so contract shouldn't be an issue.

That's what I figured also. With all that Conroy for Gomez talk, I thought a guy like Sillinger would fill our needs for a smaller price. Wacky Pacific division though, everybody's still very much in it.