OJ Mayo Incident?

Pensfan86
01-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Hey, has anyone heard about the OJ Mayo incident that recently occured, or better yet, seen the video?

For those of you who didn't, Mayo gets a "T" after some trash talking following a dunk. A group of people begin to cirlce at mid court as a result of that, but Mayo eventually walks away. He comes back near the pack though, and is given a second technical. If you watch the video though, and reports have supported this, he doesn't say anything. Then as the ref gives him the second T, Mayo follows him, obviously protesting the call. There appears to be the slightest of bumps between Mayo and the ref, and the ref hits the deck like he had just been taken out by a sniper from the crowd.

What are everyones thoughts on this? Personally, I think the ref is basically a huge loser (go figure, he is from West Virginia) and either holds some prejudice against african americans or is likely trying to capitalize on Mayo's impending success as a basketball player.

Takeo
01-30-2007, 03:35 PM
http://www.wsaz.com/sports/headlines/5404431.html

I'm not sure what all was going on, but I've seen players t'd up for staring like that when it's interpeted as intimidation or taunting. It's touchy still.

But that dive by the ref is just ludicrous! Mayo's body doesn't even flinch and it looks like the ref steps in front on purpose!

Jaysfanatic*
02-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Yeah the ref dove, I can't believe there hasn't been more discussion on the matter.

KingKessel81
02-04-2007, 09:51 PM
OJ WAS FRAMED!!!

Hilarious dive by the ref.

PanniniClaus
02-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Well if the officials start to dive we may as well just shut all sports down.

Jaysfanatic*
02-04-2007, 10:59 PM
Well if the officials start to dive we may as well just shut all sports down.

I can totally see McGeough doing it.

DaveG
02-05-2007, 10:41 AM
OJ has a reputation as being something of a hothead, but that ref is beyond garbage for what he did. That was the biggest dive I've seen since the world cup last summer. Absolutely disgusting.

Ar-too
02-05-2007, 11:17 AM
Awesome stuff. Mayo needs to learn to cool it. He should write the ref a thank you note.

took420s
02-09-2007, 02:26 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/6458936

Mayo got a 3 game suspension for that phantom hit on the ref :shakehead

albathegreat*
02-12-2007, 12:49 AM
Why would the ref dive? I don't get why he would dive like that and make himself look like a fool..

Oh well, he got his 10 minutes of fame..

JaysAttackDucks
02-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Pretty sure the ref did that just to get noticed. O.J Mayo is the top prospect coming out of high school so I am sure the ref just wanted to be known as the guy O.J threw to the ground:dunno: