Dancing Chicken
12-06-2003, 06:20 AM
Roenick irritated by line change
advertisement

Hitchcock called 'control freak'

Bob McManaman
The Arizona Republic
Dec. 6, 2003 12:00 AM

PHILADELPHIA - They hadn't lost in 12 games. They were on top of the NHL standings. But a 4-1 loss in Ottawa reminded the Philadelphia Flyers of their vulnerabilities on their way to ordering Stanley Cup rings.

That was all it took to ignite the latest feud between coach Ken Hitchcock and his top center, former Coyotes star Jeremy Roenick. A day after the loss, Hitchcock shook up his lines, which included replacing Mark Recchi with Donald Brashear on the Roenick-Tony Amonte line.

"He's been dying for a reason to split us up," JR told Philadelphia reporters. "We've had too much success. . . . That's called being a control freak."

Was Roenick seriously ticked or just spouting his opinion, which he loves to do?

"Me? I'm not (ticked)," JR said. "If I was (ticked) at him, he'd know it, believe me."

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyotes/1206yotesnotes1206.html

Our good old leader, the darkest days of the Jets..

Devils Advocate
12-06-2003, 06:34 AM
I also noticed that in a post-game interview Roenick did with Todd Walsh, that when Walsh mentioned the Flyers were now first in the Eastern Conference, Roenick corrected him & said, "well, first in the entire league".

Glad he's still able to keep his head in check.

Can't wait to watch them get eliminated in the 1st round this year (hopefully by the 8th seed).

PhoPhan
12-06-2003, 08:46 AM
Roenick is a punk. I loved watching him try to lay someone out last night and bounce right back along the boards.

c9orf
12-06-2003, 06:49 PM
Uh... Roenick is right on both counts. Substituting Brashear for Recchi is a pretty radical (and questionable) change for a line that has been great all year. And when your team is #1 in the NHL, *that* is the appropriate label for the media to use.

Missing the playoffs feels pretty much the same, whether JR is here or not.

Matzel
12-07-2003, 07:07 AM
Uh... Roenick is right on both counts. Substituting Brashear for Recchi is a pretty radical (and questionable) change for a line that has been great all year.

Right-or not-Absolutely no justification to call the coach a 'control freak' in the media... He is cancerous for the locker room - whether he performs on the ice or not... BTW, why shouldn't the coach control the line combinations?! Just because JR's head is swollen?! If a team is first overall in the league the coach must've been doin' something right, too.

To JR: "Grow up, punk!"

Dancin' Gabe rules! :bow:

Dancing Chicken
12-07-2003, 09:29 AM
:handclap: I have a Philly friend and hes says that hes always mouthing off in the public about Clark and Hitch.. If there is a weal link for philly it will be there egos..