Frederik Sjostrom

winnipegjets4life
12-07-2003, 03:54 AM
GP G A PTS +/- PIM SOG
4 0 0 0 1 0 2
...so far

nothin on offense .... but he's played less than 10 mins in each game as far as i can recall. How has he done in his limited minutes? The +1 is a positive.

PhoPhan
12-07-2003, 06:58 AM
I can only comment on the game I saw, but he didn't look out of place. He and Taffe both played a very solid two-way game, and from what I have seen, the comments about Taffe's lack of defense is unfounded.

12-07-2003, 01:56 PM
I've thought that the Sjostrom-Taffe-Nazarov line has actually been playing fairly well for the time they've received. There have been no major lapses and you've seen Taffe on the PP and Sjostrom on the PK since their callups.

But who's going to get demoted when Hrdina comes back this week?

hbk
12-07-2003, 05:58 PM
I've thought that the Sjostrom-Taffe-Nazarov line has actually been playing fairly well for the time they've received. There have been no major lapses and you've seen Taffe on the PP and Sjostrom on the PK since their callups.

But who's going to get demoted when Hrdina comes back this week?

safe to say Sjostrom is going back to the farm when Hrdina returns. Taffe looks like he's here to stay. Question is what happens when Kolanos gets his act together on the farm? Does Hrdina become expendable? Gratton's play has improved and Sillinger is certain to be a dealine day casulty despite his consistently good play. Maybe Phoenix looks to move Sillinger earlier than originally planned.