Any news on Hirdina

Dancing Chicken
12-07-2003, 01:24 PM
I thought he was only a week to two weeks??

thanks..

12-07-2003, 01:54 PM
I had read somewhere he was doubtful for today, so I bet this week.

Who do you think gets sent down? Sjostrom, Taffe, or someone else like Wilson or Ference?

Hordichuk_24
12-07-2003, 01:59 PM
Probably Sjostrom.

CoyoteBaloney
12-08-2003, 01:28 PM
Sjostrom needs to get quality ice time in offensive situations. He needs to play through his growth period to be an assest to the Coyotes in the future. Sjostrom gets sent down when Hrdina is ready to return.

ulf
12-08-2003, 02:17 PM
most likely sjostrom goes down.....it should be ference if they can't move him in the next while[conditioning stint].

i'd like to see hrdina centre a line of taffe on the left and sjostrom on the right for a couple games just to get a read on sjostroms offensive abilities.

anything to the reports[source unreliable]that he's at odds with mcsorley already.

scoob4093
12-08-2003, 03:01 PM
anything to the reports[source unreliable]that he's at odds with mcsorley already.[/QUOTE]

That was quite likely the chief reason for his recall. His on ice play certainly had nothing to do with it; at least in the 13 games I attended.

Gwyddbwyll
12-09-2003, 08:13 AM
Sjostrom and McSorely at loggerheads?

I doubt it.. in the preseason before his final (and very successful) WHL season Sjostrom used to stay behind after training sessions with McSorely. Plus McSorely put him into the lineup for a Falcons playoff game which was gutsy.

Greg
12-09-2003, 10:28 AM
Speaking of Hrdina, anyone see where Ramzi tore up his knee again? Kid can't win for losing.

HF thread (http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?postid=559935#post559935)

Plan 9
12-10-2003, 12:32 PM
Speaking of Hrdina, anyone see where Ramzi tore up his knee again? Kid can't win for losing.

HF thread (http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?postid=559935#post559935)

Really a terrible occurance, and I feel bad for Abid. He had just started producing numbers and then this happens. Hopefully he'll be able to return sometime this season.

Gwyddbwyll
12-11-2003, 12:45 PM
I really think that is why they traded him. He's just had a lot of injuries already for a young guy and he plays in the most physical style.. taking the most beating.. the power forward.. It takes a special player to stay healthy like that and Shane Doan's fitness record is remarkable.

There's probably some truth in what Abid said after the trade that the Coyotes knew he was injured. I think at the least they knew he was injury-prone. I couldnt believe we had traded a potentially good power forward at the time but it was a very smart move in retrospect.

CoyoteBaloney
12-11-2003, 07:02 PM
The Coyotes said they traded Abid because he stopped playing once the puck crossed the center line and into the coyotes' defensive zone.

Gwyddbwyll
12-11-2003, 10:40 PM
The Coyotes said they traded Abid because he stopped playing once the puck crossed the center line and into the coyotes' defensive zone.

Was it in the paper or on the radio Tony? I dont remember reading anything about that.

Personally I hope that's not the reason. I think it would show a significant coaching weakness if they gave up so fast on correcting this problem in a prospect who had been otherwise very successful in his call up. Players can be taught defense.. you cant teach hands. I do remember the Coyotes told him "get a house - you're staying" which shows a bit of confidence.

12-12-2003, 02:49 AM
Local papers report that Hrdina returns tonight centering the 2nd line of Branko & Savage as Gratton drops to the 3rd line centering Sillinger & Nash.

Cleary is out 2-3 weeks from a shoulder injury I think they said. That takes care of the roster spot at least. Not sure if they'll still send home Sjostrom since he's been a healthy scratch the past few.

CoyoteBaloney
12-12-2003, 04:08 AM
Was it in the paper or on the radio Tony? I dont remember reading anything about that.

Personally I hope that's not the reason. I think it would show a significant coaching weakness if they gave up so fast on correcting this problem in a prospect who had been otherwise very successful in his call up. Players can be taught defense.. you cant teach hands. I do remember the Coyotes told him "get a house - you're staying" which shows a bit of confidence.
Radio for sure, straight from the Heeter on Coyotes tonight Coyotes Live or Coyotes Tonight or one of those shows .... it was during the trade talk immediately afterwards.

I don't think it shows a coaching problem, I think it shows a player problem. When Abid was traded he was already sent back to Springfield and not even in the NHL.

Hrdina should return tonight. Cleary got hit in the 3rd period and skated off immediately Wednesday night. Never heard how long he would be out, but knew he injured his shoulder.

CoyoteBaloney
12-12-2003, 04:21 AM
Local papers report that Hrdina returns tonight centering the 2nd line of Branko & Savage as Gratton drops to the 3rd line centering Sillinger & Nash.

Cleary is out 2-3 weeks from a shoulder injury I think they said. That takes care of the roster spot at least. Not sure if they'll still send home Sjostrom since he's been a healthy scratch the past few.
The Coyotes placed Daniel Cleary on injured reserve after he suffered a separated shoulder Wednesday. Center Jan Hrdina, who missed 11 games with a fractured toe, was taken off injured reserve Thursday and may play Friday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/preview?gid=2003121224

12-12-2003, 06:24 AM
Is it just me, bad luck, or the truth that Cleary seems a little fragile? It seems like he has either played with an injury or been out with an injury nearly all season. I hardly followed him on the Oilers and Hawks, but I don't recall this much of the injury bug following him. Let's hope it stays at this.

Greg
12-12-2003, 08:52 AM
Is it just me, bad luck, or the truth that Cleary seems a little fragile? It seems like he has either played with an injury or been out with an injury nearly all season. I hardly followed him on the Oilers and Hawks, but I don't recall this much of the injury bug following him. Let's hope it stays at this.
Me either, but Scott Young put a solid hit on him. It reminded me of the Dmitri Yushkevich/Brian Savage hit last year.

ALA YotesPhan
12-18-2003, 05:17 AM
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyotes/1218coyotes1218.html

Article says Francis will move Savage up to Langkow and Doan.

Putting Nagy back with Hrdina and Branko.

hopefully both lines are productive tonight.
Guessing third line
Nash - Gratton - Sillinger
Sjostrom - Taffe - Naz

I would like to see Wilson on the third line and a fourth line of
Taffe - Sillinger - Sjostrom