and I'm a homosexual http://www.tsn.ca/nba/news_story/?ID=195245&hubname=

malfeasance
02-07-2007, 11:08 PM
Hi John.

Nobody cares.

took420s
02-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Dude sucked as a player...

Anyway, hope he make some money off his book (doubtful) cuz I doubt he made much being a crappy center.

12# Peter Bondra
02-09-2007, 02:06 PM
The thing which interested me most that the 1st time he touched a basketball was at the age of 17.

took420s
02-09-2007, 02:29 PM
The thing which interested me most that the 1st time he touched a basketball was at the age of 17.

Very similar to Michael Olowokandi. The Kandi man came over here on a volleyball scholership and ended up playing a couple years of college ball, only to wind up the #1 pick by the stupid Clippers. :biglaugh:

Bluenote13
02-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Forget that the guy coming out is/was a fringe player, that is NOT the story.

More importantly, again this debate shows - Adult males STILL can't come to terms with Homesexuality in the year 2007. FEAR wins out yet again. Rather than understand or discuss this matter most idiotic macho men will supress it and keep it away, anything but having to actually discuss a homosexual issue.

BleedingOil
02-21-2007, 01:40 PM
Dude sucked as a player...

Anyway, hope he make some money off his book (doubtful) cuz I doubt he made much being a crappy center.

I bet he made your than you.

Ogopogo*
02-21-2007, 02:28 PM

More importantly, again this debate shows - Adult males STILL can't come to terms with Homesexuality in the year 2007. FEAR wins out yet again. Rather than understand or discuss this matter most idiotic macho men will supress it and keep it away, anything but having to actually discuss a homosexual issue.

Part of the reason this doesn't get discussed is that if anyone has a view other than "Homosexuality is normal, wonderful and should be celebrated" they are labeled a bigot.

took420s
02-21-2007, 03:32 PM
I bet he made your than you.

I bet you failed English ;)

Brad*
02-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Part of the reason this doesn't get discussed is that if anyone has a view other than "Homosexuality is normal, wonderful and should be celebrated" they are labeled a bigot.
Because they are.

took420s
02-21-2007, 03:50 PM

Since this will get locked soon I will share this tidbit...

At my work I had two gay dudes work near my office, one was uber-flamboyant about it and the other one was not. They're both gay, but I could not stand the flamboyant one because of his PERSONALITY. Not because he was gay but because he was attention starved. However, I felt like if I ever told him to shut the hell up I would be labeled a homophobe.

The other guy also could not stand the flamboyant one and said its people like him that cause all the discrimination. This guy was my friend and while he was gay, he did not want his sexuality to define who he was...he had many other qualities that he thought were more important. He was "out" per-se, but was not always in your face about it.

So what's my point? Any kind of attention *****, gay or not, is extremely annoying to most people and to write a book solely to talk about your life as a gay NBA player will come across as purely attention seeking by most IMO.

Badger Bob
02-21-2007, 04:16 PM

How else would have ever gotten noticed?

Nobody has to discuss squat. What you can't seem to fathom is that a great many (possibly even a majority) well-intentioned people accept that it exists, but don't really give a fig about the issue and are tired of it being contantly brought before them. Maybe you mistake fear with indifference?

Amaechi's book wouldn't have otherwise garnered the least bit of attention, simply becuase his career never amounted to much. Could it be more obvious that reporters went to practically every current or former NBA star, seeking comment, until controvery could be found? That became the story.

It's how you're supposed to be shame into either acquiescence or silence.

Because they are.

The all-knowing liberal having The Last Word...as usual.

Brad*
02-22-2007, 12:16 AM
The all-knowing liberal having The Last Word...as usual.Badger Bob, throwing around the word "liberal" as if it's some kind of meaningful insult while ignoring the actual point...as usual.

Badger Bob
02-22-2007, 08:08 AM
ignoring the actual point

You must've missed this part:

indifference

Some others don't share your obsession with homosexuality. Deal with it.
Even the article even had this to say:

NBA commissioner David Stern said a player's sexuality is not important.

So the why does everybody have to be constantly reminded of the sexual proclivities of a retired fringe player?

Meantime, you must have better ways to continue jacking up your post count...such as looking horns with XavierX over in the political forum.

GarretJoseph
02-22-2007, 11:58 AM
He just wants money. Thats what its all about.

BuppY
02-22-2007, 11:55 PM
Chaaaaaaching.

Ogopogo*
02-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Because they are.

Such confusion.