Pippen Considering Comeback

Dr.Funk
02-16-2007, 01:39 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/44734/20070216/pippen_considering_nba_comeback/

GKJ
02-16-2007, 03:59 PM
I lol'd. That's good stuff.

took420s
02-16-2007, 04:09 PM
If the Lakers swing this deal for J Kidd it would free up a couple roster spots in LA...

And I could easily see Phil taking a look at Pippen to be a player/coach. There are some mods on the Lakers message board that do not think its as far fetched as it sounds :dunno:

Bruinaholic
02-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Some people just dont know when to say when

Bourque7799
02-16-2007, 07:25 PM
If the Lakers swing this deal for J Kidd it would free up a couple roster spots in LA...

And I could easily see Phil taking a look at Pippen to be a player/coach. There are some mods on the Lakers message board that do not think its as far fetched as it sounds :dunno:

What are the lakers offering for JKidd, I haven't heard anything about this so I'm kind of interested.

took420s
02-16-2007, 07:52 PM
What are the lakers offering for JKidd, I haven't heard anything about this so I'm kind of interested.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02112007/sports/nets/swamp_exodus_nets_peter_vecsey.htm?page=1

There are a few scenarios, but from the Laker's perspective they all revolve around Kwame Brown and either Smush Parker or Jordan Farmar +expiring contracts + Picks for Kidd. The Lakers do not want to give up Farmar so there are other versions where Brian Cook is added on the Lakers end and a bad contract (Jason Collins) on the Nets side.

Peter Vescey (from the link) got much of the info from the Nets who are trying to get more bidders, but basically if they want to move him the only team that has been serious are the Lakers. He said today while broadcasting from Vegas (allstar weekend) that the deal is 99% done and Kidd has requested to go to LA if he is to be traded.

Phil Jackson has tried to get Kidd before and it sounds like Kidd really wants to go to the Lakers. A few LA journalists have confirmed the deal is on the table and that its just a matter of negotiating (can the Lakers keep Farmar, what picks to include?).

I love the trade from an LA perspective and from the Nets perspective it would allow them to shed a ton of salary...trading deadline almost here, should know in a couple days if its going to happen.

Ar-too
02-17-2007, 09:23 AM
The Cavs could use him. He could definitely crack the Cavs starting line-up.

took420s
02-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Funny, but here is an article summing up my previous post perfectly...and its written 1 full day after me :sarcasm:

RE: JKidd

The rumor in detail is that LA will take the contract of Jason Collins along with Kidd in exchange for Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm, Aaron McKie, Brian Cook, Shammond Williams and Smush Parker. The argument is that LA has accepted taking Collins with the inclusion of Parker instead of Farmar. The Nets demanding Cook to offset the talent discrepancy as best possible.

RE: Pippen speculation

Maybe the comeback isn't even Pippen's idea, but Jackson's?

With his knowledge of the triangle, he could in a sense operate as a player/coach. Whether Jackson leaves at the end of his contract or extends a couple of season, Pippen could be pegged as his eventual successor.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_20866.shtml

ShawnTHW
02-18-2007, 07:26 PM
OMG, this is why I hate watching basketball. I used to play and recently stopped. But the NBA has become a joke.

GKJ
02-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Funny, but here is an article summing up my previous post perfectly...and its written 1 full day after me :sarcasm:

RE: JKidd

RE: Pippen speculation

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_20866.shtml

I'm not talking about you but those are some of the most absurdly stupid things I have ever read.

took420s
02-19-2007, 11:58 AM
I'm not talking about you but those are some of the most absurdly stupid things I have ever read.

What...Getting JKidd for junk or signing Pippen?

Looking at what Philly got for Iverson, I don't think its too far fetched the Kidd deal goes down (I read over the weekend that the Lakers are trying to involve Portland now and are determined to make the trade happen).

Pippen was at the Lakers training camp this year to help tutor Odom some more on the point-forward position, by all accounts the players said he looked like he could easily keep up for 15-20 minutes a game.

I really think the Kidd deal is goiong down...we'll see in a few days.

Nalyd Psycho
02-19-2007, 07:03 PM
What...Getting JKidd for junk or signing Pippen?

Looking at what Philly got for Iverson, I don't think its too far fetched the Kidd deal goes down (I read over the weekend that the Lakers are trying to involve Portland now and are determined to make the trade happen).

Pippen was at the Lakers training camp this year to help tutor Odom some more on the point-forward position, by all accounts the players said he looked like he could easily keep up for 15-20 minutes a game.

I really think the Kidd deal is goiong down...we'll see in a few days.

I had heard a few weeks back that the Lakers would like to rent Magloire...

AI got decent assets back, in fact, given the hold out, a solid return. Miller is a top 20 point guard, and when healthy and on, top 10. And the 1sts are what Philly needed.

took420s
02-19-2007, 08:02 PM
I had heard a few weeks back that the Lakers would like to rent Magloire...

AI got decent assets back, in fact, given the hold out, a solid return. Miller is a top 20 point guard, and when healthy and on, top 10. And the 1sts are what Philly needed.

Dre is "solid" for sure, but NJ has a great point prospect in Marcus Williams, so I don't think they need someone like Dre in return...a vet PG would do it. Picks and cap relief is what NJ wants.

The rumor now is that the Lakers are trying to involve the Blazers so Mags can end up in NJ, with Kwame going to Portland. Who knows, the negotiations are definitely ongoing and the Nets are just going to wait till the last second and see if either a better offer comes in form another team (not likely) or the Lakers flinch and pony up Farmar + take on Collins bad contract (also not likely as Kupchak is a conservative GM)

Like I said...I expect to see Kidd a Laker by next week.

Nalyd Psycho
02-20-2007, 03:28 AM
Dre is "solid" for sure, but NJ has a great point prospect in Marcus Williams, so I don't think they need someone like Dre in return...a vet PG would do it. Picks and cap relief is what NJ wants.

The rumor now is that the Lakers are trying to involve the Blazers so Mags can end up in NJ, with Kwame going to Portland. Who knows, the negotiations are definitely ongoing and the Nets are just going to wait till the last second and see if either a better offer comes in form another team (not likely) or the Lakers flinch and pony up Farmar + take on Collins bad contract (also not likely as Kupchak is a conservative GM)

Like I said...I expect to see Kidd a Laker by next week.

I was mentioning Dre in relation to the AI trade, to say the return wasn't bad.

Magloire to NJ makes sense, not sure if Kwame to Portland does. I also expect Kidd to be a Laker.

took420s
02-20-2007, 11:45 AM
I was mentioning Dre in relation to the AI trade, to say the return wasn't bad.

Magloire to NJ makes sense, not sure if Kwame to Portland does. I also expect Kidd to be a Laker.

Oh yeah, I know. I was just trying to say that Philly NEEDED a starting PG in return for AI while the Nets do not IMO.

However now I read that Vlad Rad seperated his shoulder falling on ice in Utah over the weekend (***?) and will be out 8 weeks, that is one more asset the Lakers do not have to involve in any trade.

I also read that The Lakers were close to nabbing Bibby before the Allstar break, but the Magoofs nixed it. The Lakers look like they WILL get a PG....the question now is who?

Jason Kidd

Nalyd Psycho
02-20-2007, 03:50 PM
I've heard Bibby is being persued by the Caveliers. Who are also the one team that could steal Kidd from the Lakers.

took420s
02-20-2007, 06:50 PM
I've heard Bibby is being persued by the Caveliers. Who are also the one team that could steal Kidd from the Lakers.

The Cavs might spoil things, but either way the Lakers are getting someone IMO. If Bibby was on any other team I would say he would be it...But the Magoofs cannot be seen as helping the Lakers, Sactown fans absolutely Hate the Lakers

Dr.Funk
02-23-2007, 12:31 PM
It was reported Thursday that the Missouri Court of Appeals has upheld a ruling from last year in St. Louis County in which a judge agreed that Pippen owed U.S. Bank about $5.021 million in principal, interest and attorney fees from a dispute over a private jet and company Pippen once owned.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/44859/20070223/pippens_comeback_fueled_by_need_for_money/

took420s
02-26-2007, 04:34 PM
I saw that a few days ago...I'm sure GM's will take that into account before they sign him.

He is going to have to "work out" for whoever he wants to play for IMO, nobody is going to just sign him based on the fact he's Pippen.

took420s
03-22-2007, 05:07 PM
What happened to Pip? The Lakers talked to him but they would have needed to cut someone to sign him and that was not likely to happen, and now the team is getting healthy so Pip to LA is not gonna happen.

Pip?

Dr.Funk
03-23-2007, 12:29 AM
I doubt Pip to anybody happens now as he wouldn't be eligible to play in the playoffs.

took420s
03-23-2007, 11:40 AM
I doubt Pip to anybody happens now as he wouldn't be eligible to play in the playoffs.

No I think that is only the rule for a player who is waived. Not positive, but I think he could still sign and play in the playoffs (given he was on the teams playoff roster they turn in before the post season).

Ar-too
03-23-2007, 11:42 AM
I think you're right tooks. I'm pretty sure the Sixers signed Raja Bell to a 10-day after the deadline the year they went to the finals.