Huselius Question

OttMorrow
12-09-2003, 12:16 PM
What players would you be interested in from the Stars in a trade for Huselius?

PanthersRule96
12-09-2003, 12:19 PM
What players would you be interested in from the Stars in a trade for Huselius?

depends, I want to see how he responds now to the benching but from Dallas I'd be interested in only Morrow, Miettein sp? and Kapanen.

OttMorrow
12-09-2003, 12:26 PM
depends, I want to see how he responds now to the benching but from Dallas I'd be interested in only Morrow, Miettein sp? and Kapanen.

Miettinen and Kapanen would be players that we could part with, but you would have to WAY overpay for Morrow. Would you guys be interested in Matvichuk.

FlaPanthers7
12-09-2003, 12:42 PM
Miettinen and Kapanen would be players that we could part with, but you would have to WAY overpay for Morrow. Would you guys be interested in Matvichuk.

Doubtful, but possible. Rumors had the Panthers going after him last offseason but nothing happened. Odelein has filled the role Matvichuk would have played. What's his contract like? That would play a big role as the Panthers like their vets to have short, cheap contracts. Our blueline could use some help, but not at the expense of losing Huselius. It would probably be for a guy like Morrow - another still young, budding player.

I think another player that Cats SHOULD want would be Arnott. Our PP stinks (Arnott would change that) and we lack any kind of real physical/intimidating presence, that can score, on our top lines. Then again, do you trade a future star (no pun intended :lol: ) for an older (30 yrs old) veteran player? He would like nice next to Jokinen and Kozlov. But Rick Dudley tends to say no to most of those situations. :mad:

The guy I'd want is Morrow - young at 25. Plays LW, scores, and would be a big upgrade on our top line over Marcus Nilson or Hagman.

OttMorrow
12-09-2003, 12:54 PM
Doubtful, but possible. Rumors had the Panthers going after him last offseason but nothing happened. Odelein has filled the role Matvichuk would have played. What's his contract like? That would play a big role as the Panthers like their vets to have short, cheap contracts. Our blueline could use some help, but not at the expense of losing Huselius. It would probably be for a guy like Morrow - another still young, budding player.

I think another player that Cats SHOULD want would be Arnott. Our PP stinks (Arnott would change that) and we lack any kind of real physical/intimidating presence, that can score, on our top lines. Then again, do you trade a future star (no pun intended :lol: ) for an older (30 yrs old) veteran player? He would like nice next to Jokinen and Kozlov. But Rick Dudley tends to say no to most of those situations. :mad:

The guy I'd want is Morrow - young at 25. Plays LW, scores, and would be a big upgrade on our top line over Marcus Nilson or Hagman.

Matvichuk is making somewhere around 2.3 mil(somewhere in the range of), but would be a hug upgrade over Odelien, after having seen both play for this team.

Morrow is the future captain of our team and the price for him would have to be somthing like Horton, not because he is as talented as Horton, but because of the intangibles he brings. Believe me when I say that trading for Morrow would leave you with the short end of the stick.

It would probably take Horton to get Morrow and a 2nd rounder from us.

How about Kapanen + 3rd round pick for Huselius.

PantherBlood6*
12-09-2003, 01:02 PM
No interest in Miettenen or Kapanen..while they are both good young players. they arenot much different from the Hagman's, Nilson's etc. that we already have too many of. Kapanen has been awful this year, so his value isnt very high either.

Morrow is the only guy I'd want and even then, His offensive upside is limited. Morrow is a much more valuable asset right now because of his physical play but I'm not sure if Huselius is worth giving up right now....

PantherBlood6*
12-09-2003, 01:04 PM
Matvichuk would be of no interest to Florida...no matter how good he is or how much leadership he can provide, hes a UFA to be after this year. They won't be dealing for any UFA's let alone at the expense of Huselius.

PantherBlood6*
12-09-2003, 01:08 PM
Matvichuk is making somewhere around 2.3 mil(somewhere in the range of), but would be a hug upgrade over Odelien, after having seen both play for this team.

Morrow is the future captain of our team and the price for him would have to be somthing like Horton, not because he is as talented as Horton, but because of the intangibles he brings. Believe me when I say that trading for Morrow would leave you with the short end of the stick.

It would probably take Horton to get Morrow and a 2nd rounder from us.

How about Kapanen + 3rd round pick for Huselius.

Both are awful proposals...Kapanen showed some upside last year, but his upside is probably only of a good two way 3rd liner...while Huselius has the makings of a top line scorer. Terrible, especially concidering we are loaded with good two way 3rd liners already.

Morrow for Horton? :lol:

Personally, I wanted Staal or Zherdev over Horton...but that's just ridiculous. I know how much Star fans love Morrow, I would too if he were a Panther, but try to be objective about it. Not trying to bash Morrow because I'd love to have him, but asking for Horton is laughable.

Takkie
12-09-2003, 02:53 PM
Both are awful proposals...Kapanen showed some upside last year, but his upside is probably only of a good two way 3rd liner...while Huselius has the makings of a top line scorer. Terrible, especially concidering we are loaded with good two way 3rd liners already.

Morrow for Horton? :lol:

Personally, I wanted Staal or Zherdev over Horton...but that's just ridiculous. I know how much Star fans love Morrow, I would too if he were a Panther, but try to be objective about it. Not trying to bash Morrow because I'd love to have him, but asking for Horton is laughable.

how about a straight up first round pick? or scratching that, a physical d-man Prospect, or a Goal Scoring prospect and a 2nd rounder.

OttMorrow
12-11-2003, 08:47 AM
how about a straight up first round pick? or scratching that, a physical d-man Prospect, or a Goal Scoring prospect and a 2nd rounder.

A 1st and a 2nd would do it.

Takkie
12-11-2003, 11:07 AM
you'd give us a 1st *and* a Second for Huselius?
woohoo.

PanthersRule96
12-11-2003, 12:02 PM
you'd give us a 1st *and* a Second for Huselius?
woohoo.

I'd even then be hesitant on the cats side. Huselius is a scorer that is in a slump. Eventually he will breakout of it like Bure and light it up. HE is worth a top 10 pick when playing his best hockey......But then again Dallas may have a top 10 pick with the way they're playing. HEHE :D

Takkie
12-11-2003, 04:02 PM
yeah, only problem is that he almost never, if even that plays his best hockey.