Thank you Gerald Green

Bourque7799
02-17-2007, 10:15 PM
For absolutely throwing down some crazy dunks tonight and beating NY's Nate Robinson. This kid is gonna be a stud

KesselBuiltMyHotrod
02-17-2007, 10:18 PM
Meh, I thought they were pretty weak. Howard had the best dunk. He was robbed.

The Nemesis
02-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Green's stuff was ridiculous in terms of showmanship, although it lacked some of the "pop" in the dunk itself that you see in years past from guys like Jason Richardson, Kobe, and Vince. I still think that it should've been him and Dwight Howard in the finals though. Howard got ripped off for his second dunk because I don't think all the judges noticed the sticker and just thought he did a glorified putback dunk.

I really want to like Gerald Green, but I just can't shake the fact that during the draft, he and his family cheered loudly when Toronto passed on him twice because he didn't want to come to Canada.

danno2530
02-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Howard was robbed. I like Nate alot but I didn't see anything different from last year.

Green wasn't bad but I thought he was conservative just trying to get the win.

Jaysfanatic*
02-18-2007, 12:55 AM
I really want to like Gerald Green, but I just can't shake the fact that during the draft, he and his family cheered loudly when Toronto passed on him twice because he didn't want to come to Canada.

Yeah, how'd that work out for him? I believe the Celtics are last and the Raptors are first, so whatever.

Bourque7799
02-18-2007, 01:05 AM
Yeah, how'd that work out for him? I believe the Celtics are last and the Raptors are first, so whatever.

Oh wow, good response, I bet it mustered up all of the brain cells to think of that, were talking about the dunk contest and not the regular season *******

Bourque7799
02-18-2007, 01:11 AM

And if you wanna bring up Toronto vs Boston in basketball, we got you beat 16-0...good talk see you out there...keep your mouth shut

Jaysfanatic*
02-18-2007, 01:25 AM
And if you wanna bring up Toronto vs Boston in basketball, we got you beat 16-0...good talk see you out there...keep your mouth shut

How many years in the league? Enjoy your little slam dunk victory and last place. Man Boston teams fans like to chirp and chirp and chirp. I've now argued with Celtics fans, Red Sox fans and Bruins fans.

Bileur
02-18-2007, 02:34 AM
I thought the first dunk was sweet, the one over Robinson was ok (its not like he's a 7 footer ala vince's dunk), the one over the table was massively overrated and the other wasnt very impressive. The kid has definetely got hops but I would have liked to have seen more creativity in the dunk itself and less props.

The Man in White
02-18-2007, 02:57 AM
The dunk off gets worse every year. Absolutely garbage. Howard got robbed for his sticker dunk. And none of the dunks were very special. No 10/10 dunks.

Gibsons Finest
02-18-2007, 03:02 AM
Oh wow, good response, I bet it mustered up all of the brain cells to think of that, were talking about the dunk contest and not the regular season *******

You can't deny that Green was very stupid. He decided that he was too big to play in Canada, and he's clearly paying for it. I'm not certain if Babcock still would've taken Villaneuva 6th overall if Green wasn't such a *********, but if he did, and picked Green 14th overall, Green could've been a part of something huge. Ford, Green, Bargs, Bosh? Unreal. But, now the Raptors are leading the division and Green is stuck in the cellar with the Celts, and while the Celts are a team on the rise, please remember that the Raptors' main guns are all very young as well.

As for the competition, Howard got jobbed. Also, I think the idea of those five as judges wasn't the greatest. Well, some of them weren't bad, but MJ was brutal.

And, wow was that last dunk not deserving of a 50. I think the judges decided it didn't matter and they had to give at least one 50, which is stupid.

Chileiceman
02-18-2007, 08:57 AM
Heres the viseo of the Sticker Dunk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5saBDOE6Sc
And here is the Sportscenter recap,, with a dance by Shaquille O'neal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYukPIrDZoc

Jaysfanatic*
02-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Heres the viseo of the Sticker Dunk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5saBDOE6Sc
And here is the Sportscenter recap,, with a dance by Shaquille O'neal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYukPIrDZoc

"Michael has lost his damn mind"

I agree, he's a punk.

chaosrevolver
02-18-2007, 01:51 PM
I hate Green for these,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsnEWeFbiNo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxeHYBppmY8&mode=related&search=

he is a complete ass

TorontoSports
02-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Gerald Green didn't want to play in Toronto? I don't know why you guys even care, it's gerald green! This is probably going to be his highest point of his career. He has very little BBall IQ.

KingKessel81
02-18-2007, 02:47 PM
I hate Green for these,

he is a complete ass

How does that make him an ass? The 1st game, Tony Allen gave him an oop off the backboard, obviously he is going to dunk the ball.

In the 2nd game, if he stops and decides not to dunk, Mo Pete chases him down and fouls him. Now, he probably hits both free throws since he is a pretty good free throw shooter but why even take the chance? A dunk without a doubt ended the game, stopping and shooting 2 free throws almost certainly ends the game...but there is no point of even taking a small chance of going 1 of 2 from the line and the Raptors hitting a half court shot. And if you recall, Pape (sp?) Sow had said if Gerald dunked again at the end of the game that he was going to foul him real hard. That is what the jersey popping was about.

Not like he is the only one who would prefer to play for a team in the USA, it was just this summer that John Salmons (not exactly a big loss for the Raps) backed out of a deal with the Raptors when he got an offer from Sacramento.

TorontoSports
02-18-2007, 03:00 PM
How does that make him an ass? The 1st game, Tony Allen gave him an oop off the backboard, obviously he is going to dunk the ball.

In the 2nd game, if he stops and decides not to dunk, Mo Pete chases him down and fouls him. Now, he probably hits both free throws since he is a pretty good free throw shooter but why even take the chance? A dunk without a doubt ended the game, stopping and shooting 2 free throws almost certainly ends the game...but there is no point of even taking a small chance of going 1 of 2 from the line and the Raptors hitting a half court shot. And if you recall, Pape (sp?) Sow had said if Gerald dunked again at the end of the game that he was going to foul him real hard. That is what the jersey popping was about.

Not like he is the only one who would prefer to play for a team in the USA, it was just this summer that John Salmons (not exactly a big loss for the Raps) backed out of a deal with the Raptors when he got an offer from Sacramento.

I think John Salmons got more money from Sacramento at the last second too. We were in the bidding as well before he chose Toronto.

KingKessel81
02-18-2007, 03:03 PM
I think John Salmons got more money from Sacramento at the last second too. We were in the bidding as well before he chose Toronto.
I could be wrong, but I thought I remember hearing him having a deal that was all but done with Toronto and then leaving for slightly less money. I'll try and look it up, I was going strictly off my memory.

edit: you were right, it was slightly more money to go to Sacramento. 5/25.5 to 5/23.

TorontoSports
02-18-2007, 03:12 PM
It actually worked out better for Toronto, they picked Charlie Villanueva which in turn turned into TJ Ford. What could they have traded Gerald Green for?

KingKessel81
02-18-2007, 03:16 PM
It actually worked out better for Toronto, they picked Charlie Villanueva which in turn turned into TJ Ford. What could they have traded Gerald Green for?
Well, they also passed on Green for Joey Graham because of it, too. Call me crazy, but I'd take Green over Graham long-term. Green's offensive upside is enormous. He is an awesome shooter already and has great athletic ability, once he improves his handles he'll be able to drive to the hoop (his weakness right now, due to those poor handles) and score at will.

Bruinaholic
02-18-2007, 03:29 PM
Gerald Green has so much potentail....
this talk about lack of Bball IQ is way over blown

TorontoSports
02-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Joey Graham and Gerald Green are pretty much the same players. Very high in athletcism, but horrible Basketball IQ. Potential is overrated, there are so many players that have "potential" that goes unfound and I think green is just another one of those players. I thought Celtics fans would have known about these things after getting Perkins which has turned into a bust imo.

KingKessel81
02-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Joey Graham and Gerald Green are pretty much the same players. Very high in athletcism, but horrible Basketball IQ. Potential is overrated, there are so many players that have "potential" that goes unfound and I think green is just another one of those players. I thought Celtics fans would have known about these things after getting Perkins which has turned into a bust imo.
How is Perkins a bust? The guy was one of the last picks in the 1st round, can rebound and defend (not as well this year as he is playing hurt) and signed long-term (4 or 5 years) to a backup center type contract. I don't think anyone expected all that much out of the guy as he had just about no offensive potential. You do know not every pick is stud or bust, there are in betweens and that is what Perkins is. A good defensive, backup center.

Al Jefferson is the one Celtics fans love because of his potential, and he is reaching that potential this season. Most thought he could be a 20/10 guy in his prime- at age 22 he is 14/10.5.

You're right about many players not reaching their potential, but many do reach their potential as well. Green probably has the best work ethic on the Celtics so if he doesn't reach his potential, it won't be for lack of effort.

As for Joey Graham and Gerald Green being "the same player", I have no idea where you got that comparison. Graham is a very good defensive player that went to college for 4 years but he isn't close to the shooter or scorer Gerald Green is. Green is a poor defensive straight from high school that is a great shooter and pretty good scorer (needs to work on handles so he can drive more). Graham is turning 25 in a few months and got to polish his game in college, Green just turned 21 and is very raw with a lot of potential. This is honestly one of the worst comparisons to be made for Green's (and Graham's) game. They are athletic and black, that is all they have in common.

TorontoSports
02-18-2007, 05:08 PM
How is Perkins a bust? The guy was one of the last picks in the 1st round, can rebound and defend (not as well this year as he is playing hurt) and signed long-term (4 or 5 years) to a backup center type contract. I don't think anyone expected all that much out of the guy as he had just about no offensive potential. You do know not every pick is stud or bust, there are in betweens and that is what Perkins is. A good defensive, backup center.

Al Jefferson is the one Celtics fans love because of his potential, and he is reaching that potential this season. Most thought he could be a 20/10 guy in his prime- at age 22 he is 14/10.5.

You're right about many players not reaching their potential, but many do reach their potential as well. Green probably has the best work ethic on the Celtics so if he doesn't reach his potential, it won't be for lack of effort.

As for Joey Graham and Gerald Green being "the same player", I have no idea where you got that comparison. Graham is a very good defensive player that went to college for 4 years but he isn't close to the shooter or scorer Gerald Green is. Green is a poor defensive straight from high school that is a great shooter and pretty good scorer (needs to work on handles so he can drive more). Graham is turning 25 in a few months and got to polish his game in college, Green just turned 21 and is very raw with a lot of potential. This is honestly one of the worst comparisons to be made for Green's (and Graham's) game. They are athletic and black, that is all they have in common.

How is Gerald Green a great shooter? He's averaging 9 points a game and Graham is averaging 6.2 with less minutes. They both suck, and are pretty much the same players when it comes to basketball IQ. Joey might be slightly better at this point because of his defense, but they aren't that far apart other than Age. I don't think Green is going to amount to anything and that's just my opinion.

KingKessel81
02-18-2007, 05:47 PM
How is Gerald Green a great shooter? He's averaging 9 points a game and Graham is averaging 6.2 with less minutes. They both suck, and are pretty much the same players when it comes to basketball IQ. Joey might be slightly better at this point because of his defense, but they aren't that far apart other than Age. I don't think Green is going to amount to anything and that's just my opinion.
I take it you don't see too many Celtics games. Green is shooting 41.6% from 3 point land and has great form on his jumper, you can say a lot of things that he doesn't do well but that fact that you don't agree he is a very good to great shooter leads me to believe you have seen very little of him. He can flat out shoot.

To just throw out age like it is meaningless is laughable, too. Green is almost 4 years younger, didn't develop his game by going to college and is learning on the spot in the NBA.

When Graham was Green's age, he was averaging 13 points in 29 minutes in college vs. very weak competition (wasn't at Oklahoma State at the time, was at Central Florida). Green is averaging 9 points in 19 minutes in the NBA. That is a significant difference. Green is by far the better offensive talent and is even slightly better right now offensively when he is 4 years younger.

Graham is easily a better defensive player and plays a totally different style game than Green. The comparison just isn't very good.

Bruinaholic
02-18-2007, 06:25 PM
PortlandRanger must be one of those 4.0 GPA all brains and no brawn guys because every sentence is about IQ this and IQ that...

Perkins is exactly what KingKessel said, every team needs one and he still has room to grow,hes what 21 or 22 and is just coming off that plantar whatever injury which has hampered his running/jumping(PortlandRanger is so smart so maybe he can go into detail on that) and is the ideal 15-20m per game off the bench Center

GoneFullHextall
02-18-2007, 11:18 PM
I hate Green for these,

he is a complete ass

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

TorontoSports
02-19-2007, 12:42 AM
PortlandRanger must be one of those 4.0 GPA all brains and no brawn guys because every sentence is about IQ this and IQ that...

Perkins is exactly what KingKessel said, every team needs one and he still has room to grow,hes what 21 or 22 and is just coming off that plantar whatever injury which has hampered his running/jumping(PortlandRanger is so smart so maybe he can go into detail on that) and is the ideal 15-20m per game off the bench Center

OH MY, I know fans are usually homers, but there is a reason why the celts are the worst team in the NBA when pierce is injured. Your young guys aren't all that good, and Perkins is one of the most immobile players at his age. Plantar Faschitis (sp?) happens to a lot of players, but many of the great players play well with it.

The Celtics have youth, but it's all mismatched and put together in a way that I bet Danny Ainge doesn't even realize. The Celtics are like a tribe.

Cruiser008
02-19-2007, 08:45 AM
OH MY, I know fans are usually homers, but there is a reason why the celts are the worst team in the NBA when pierce is injured. Your young guys aren't all that good, and Perkins is one of the most immobile players at his age. Plantar Faschitis (sp?) happens to a lot of players, but many of the great players play well with it.

The Celtics have youth, but it's all mismatched and put together in a way that I bet Danny Ainge doesn't even realize. The Celtics are like a tribe.

Perhaps but if they land Oden they'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

Jaysfanatic*
02-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Perhaps but if they land Oden they'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

That'll be a travesty

Bruinaholic
02-19-2007, 04:02 PM

Nobody said the Celtics at this time are a good team, most people would say they have a really good young nucleus that should grow together and if kept intact could do damage in the future...

Name me a team that has like 8 players under 24yo that did any kind of damage
Ages Entering the season
T.Allen 24
D.West 23
R.Gomes 24
A.Jefferson 21
R.Rondo 20
K.PErkins 21
G.Green 20
S.Telfair 21

I dont give a **** if the Center is Tim Duncan and the PG is S.Nash a team w/ that much youth and inexperience wont win 42 games and if they made the playoffs would likely be gone in the 1st rd,bottom line is experience is much needed for a team to became elite and give it a few years and im confident that Celts are on the right track

chaosrevolver
02-19-2007, 04:40 PM
Chicago Bulls have 9 players currently 24 or under, and are one of the better teams in the league and in my opinion could do some serious damage in the playoffs.

Martynas Andriuskevicius 20
Andre Barrett 24
Luol Deng 21
Chris Duhon 24
Ben Gordon 23
Viktor Khryapa 24
Thabo Sefolasha 22
Michael Sweetney 24
Tyrus Thomas 20

Bruinaholic
02-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Chicago Bulls have 9 players currently 24 or under, and are one of the better teams in the league and in my opinion could do some serious damage in the playoffs.

Martynas Andriuskevicius 20
Andre Barrett 24
Luol Deng 21
Chris Duhon 24
Ben Gordon 23
Viktor Khryapa 24
Thabo Sefolasha 22
Michael Sweetney 24
Tyrus Thomas 20

Damn you and your valid point

In Fairness though the Bulls have an experinced 26yo PG in Hinrich and one of the best Defensive Players in the game in Ben Wallace and have been healthy this year and are only 29-25...and likely not even a playoff team in the West

If the Celts had Pierce,Sczerbiak,Allen and Perkins healthy all year im sure theyd have atleast 25wins right now

TorontoSports
02-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Like I said having youth is one thing, but having good talented youth is another.

The Celtics don't have the latter.

danno2530
02-19-2007, 05:41 PM
"Michael has lost his damn mind"

:biglaugh: I agree, he was clearly the French Judge saturday. Howard should have advanced.