Russia is the favorite again!

Siberian
12-14-2003, 11:24 AM
I see very many try to write team Russia off as the favorite to repeat in Finland? I don't think so. Russia is very deep again!
Who has better offense? ........ Russia!
Who has better and more experienced defence?...... Russia!
Goaltending this year is better then last year!!!!

So who can challenge Russia? ..... Canada only, everything else will be a fluke! Canada has the best goaltender of the tournament, unless he starts giggling again too early!!!

Anfernic
12-14-2003, 11:31 AM
I see very many try to write team Russia off as the favorite to repeat in Finland? I don't think so. Russia is very deep again!

So who can challenge Russia? ..... Canada only, everything else will be a fluke! Canada has the best goaltender of the tournament, unless he starts giggling again too early!!!

Yes Russia has a great team, but I'am not agree with your comment "Who can challenge Russia" hey man it's a team game and even if Canada and Russia are the early favorites, team like Usa, Czech, Finland, Sweden, Slovakia, Swiss has really good players and can beat these 2 teams so yes Russia may be favorite in your mind but don't give u the gold medal so early

Siberian
12-14-2003, 11:44 AM
Yes Russia has a great team, but I'am not agree with your comment "Who can challenge Russia" hey man it's a team game and even if Canada and Russia are the early favorites, team like Usa, Czech, Finland, Sweden, Slovakia, Swiss has really good players and can beat these 2 teams so yes Russia may be favorite in your mind but don't give u the gold medal so early

Ok, I agree that the tournament can be won by at least 7 teams now. What I was saying that I read some messages and many people write Russia off. Russia has a roster that is no worse then last year!

Also, what makes Russian team so different is that most of these guys play already against men unlike most of the players on the other teams. That was the key that Russia improved so much in WC U-20, because of the rule in Russia where each team has to have 3 players under 20 years old.

Siberian
12-14-2003, 11:45 AM
Check this out: http://www.rushockey.com/events.php?i=iihf&stream=iihf_news&id=35

CSKA
12-14-2003, 11:47 AM
Ok, I agree that the tournament can be won by at least 7 teams now. What I was saying that I read some messages and many people write Russia off

no surprise for me .........the same thing last year :lol:

Hey Sibi was sagste 1st Line OVECHKIN - MALKIN - SEMIN WOHOOOOOOOOOOOO BABYYYYYYY :yo: :yo: :yo:

leafaholix*
12-14-2003, 11:52 AM
Canada has the top defense and goaltender in the tournament.

;)

Siberian
12-14-2003, 11:55 AM

Hey Sibi was sagste 1st Line OVECHKIN - MALKIN - SEMIN WOHOOOOOOOOOOOO BABYYYYYYY :yo: :yo: :yo:

I do not agree. Last year there was a lot of talk about Canada-Russia finals even before the tournament. People knew that Russia and Canada will likely take top spots in their groups and advance to semifanals. This year it is different, I do not understand why so many write Russia off.

Siberian
12-14-2003, 12:01 PM

;)

Ok, why does Canada have better defense I wonder? What kind of experience do they have? Why do you think guys from CHL and AHL are better then players from Superleague?

Alex Kovalev
12-14-2003, 12:06 PM
I do not agree. Last year there was a lot of talk about Canada-Russia finals even before the tournament. People knew that Russia and Canada will likely take top spots in their groups and advance to semifanals. This year it is different, I do not understand why so many write Russia off.

I dont understand how people could? and I dont know where your getting these ideas. Anyone who thinks that Canada will in for sure, is an idiot. Not only are the Russians good, so are the States, Czechs, and Swedes. I would even say that Finland and Switzerland could be surprising teams as well.

topshelf331
12-14-2003, 12:08 PM
Zherdev (http://www.rushockey.com/events.php?i=iihf&stream=iihf_news&id=34)

Check out that link.

Slay
12-14-2003, 12:12 PM

;)

More than half of this defence played last april at WJC U18 and wasn't that great versus pretty smallish Russian offence. That defence was making not small amount mistakes by letting several breakaways and some lapsuses. These Russian forwards are not small at all and of course much better than at U18.Canadian defence is big and skilled but not that experienced, most of players were born in 1985.

Siberian
12-14-2003, 12:29 PM
More than half of this defence played last april at WJC U18 and wasn't that great versus pretty smallish Russian offence. That defence was making not small amount mistakes by letting several breakaways and some lapsuses. These Russian forwards are not small at all and of course much better than at U18.Canadian defence is big and skilled but not that experienced, most of players were born in 1985.

Oh, man. They had so many turnovers in their own end that was not even funny. You could see that Canadian defense was a notch less experienced. I really think that this rule 3 players u-20 in each Russian club makes so much difference. I heard this is the last year, next year they will get rid of it, too bad

L3DZ3P
12-14-2003, 12:32 PM
Imo there is no favorite this year.It will be a matter of chemistry.

RiellyGood
12-14-2003, 01:53 PM

Actually, Ian White is the only returning defenceman and its not even certain if he can play yet. I think the D should be very good for Canada this year but they will have a very inexperienced group so that may hinder them a bit. I cant wait to see Phaneuf though.....he is going to crush anything with a pulse :bow:

SIBIR
12-14-2003, 01:53 PM

not bad. they will make the russian WJC-hattrick perfect ... I hope :D

DJ Spinoza
12-14-2003, 01:56 PM
Well, this is a pretty informative thread.

Bud The Spud*
12-14-2003, 02:01 PM
Actually, Ian White is the only returning defenceman and its not even certain if he can play yet. I think the D should be very good for Canada this year but they will have a very inexperienced group so that may hinder them a bit. I cant wait to see Phaneuf though.....he is going to crush anything with a pulse :bow:

I can't wait to see him either. He'll be great! :yo:

KariyaIsGod*
12-14-2003, 04:57 PM
It's too bad that Canada doesn't actually have many of it's best plaers or this might be totally different.

With Canada being shorthanded, Russia may indeed be the favorite.

Jovavic
12-14-2003, 05:32 PM
Zherdev (http://www.rushockey.com/events.php?i=iihf&stream=iihf_news&id=34)

Check out that link.

Zherdev won't be going back to Russia for a long time. If the IIHF and NHL says he can't play for the Jackets, he'll either stick around and practice with the team, or be sent to the Crunch in the AHL to stay in game shape. He's never playing for CSKA again.

Slay
12-14-2003, 11:16 PM
Actually, Ian White is the only returning defenceman and its not even certain if he can play yet.

I am talking about WJC U18, not about last U20. Coburn, Seabrook, Belle and probably Phaneuf (not totaly sure) were playing last april in Yaroslavl.

SCHL Commish
12-15-2003, 05:05 AM
*sigh* It's all about the Russians. Now imagine if all of the eligible Russians could play. Namely Kovalchuk, Chistov and Svitov.

The Pucks
12-15-2003, 05:25 AM
*sigh* It's all about the Russians. Now imagine if all of the eligible Russians could play. Namely Kovalchuk, Chistov and Svitov.

I think you might what to check those players ages, or were you planing to doctor the birth certificates ala the 80's?

Tretiak
12-15-2003, 07:12 AM
Russia will repeat Again. :handclap:

Mike8
12-15-2003, 07:27 AM

I would venture to guess that Canada would benefit far more if all junior aged players were released for the WJC.

L3DZ3P
12-15-2003, 09:26 AM
HAHA all these guys are too old.

moosefan
12-15-2003, 09:41 AM
Uhhh ok you name me another team that has a better defense core than Phaneuf, Coburn, Gorges, Klein, Seabrook, Belle, White. It sure as hell ain't Russia.

Ps, I hope Medvedev is at a fat camp and not the World Junior camp. man that was embarassing watch that butterball pickin his nose and eatin it on the bench last year.

:lol:

Good strategy all the Canadians shoulda done was wave a cheeseburger in his face aand lure him outta the net and score.

I am a Canada supporter but fat or not Medvedev did a great job for Russia last year and was one of the reasons Canada lost. I was at the tournament and he was pretty impressive.

PEli*
12-15-2003, 09:51 AM
So who can challenge Russia? ..... Canada only

Question: Are the States in the same pool as Russia? I'm sure they'd take exception to that. I'd say that the States have as much of a chance at gold as the Canadians and they could win it all as easily as the Russians.

I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Epsilon
12-15-2003, 11:12 AM
Ahh WJC time, smell the homerism!

BTW, I don't think any team has a particularly impressive defense this year and so bragging about that rings pretty hollow.

Canadian Chris
12-15-2003, 11:21 AM
Ahh WJC time, smell the homerism!

BTW, I don't think any team has a particularly impressive defense this year and so bragging about that rings pretty hollow.
Ding ding ding....Homerism at it's finest here.

Everyone's team is the best. There's no stopping (insert team here). They are unbeatable. Best defense, best offense, best this, best that....

---------

Seriously people...it's nice to have a debate WITH proper facts, but spewing out stuff that's not even relevant is pretty bad.

These boards, and in particular the WJC board turns into an *** gong show from now until the end of January. People just need to learn to grow up. It's a game. Sit back, enjoy, and hopefully you are entertained. Sure, I'd love to see Canada win, but I know damn well that Russia is going to have a great team, and that our forwards are rather inexperienced, along with our defense.

It's a short tourny, and almost anything can happen. Just keep that in mind before you guys go spouting off.

Team_Spirit
12-15-2003, 11:23 AM
Whoa ! That offensive force get the freak out of me !!!

Potential top 2 lines :

Ovechkin - Malkin - Semin :bow:
Shkotov - Mirnov - Tunik :bow:

Team Canada will need a Fleury in great shape and i hope Coburn and co. skating is good cuz they may have hard time against these guys .

btw why Kaigorodov isin't there again this year ?

Kugel
12-15-2003, 11:30 AM
I would venture to guess that Canada would benefit far more if all junior aged players were released for the WJC.

imagine a top line of Horton-Staal-Nash.....not too shabby.

anyway, the canadian D is made up of many 1st round picks and white is a returning player who has experience.

Slats432
12-15-2003, 11:42 AM
It's a game.

You wouldn't be saying that if Don Cherry was here...he would give you a "Why I outta..."

***read...making fun of CHA ads/Don Cherry debate.***

Anyways...non homer here.

I think that the Yanks are going to be very tough....I don't like the Canadian squad as much as I would with PM Bouchard, Nash, Staal, Horton, Bergeron, etc etc....

I think Canada might be in line for the Bronze with Yanks and Rusks fighting for top billing.

Slay
12-15-2003, 11:44 AM
Whoa ! That offensive force get the freak out of me !!!

Potential top 2 lines :

Ovechkin - Malkin - Semin :bow:
Shkotov - Mirnov - Tunik :bow:

I would like to see these lines (if to choose from invited players):

SEMIN - MALKIN - OVECHKIN*
ANSHAKOV* - KAZIONOV - KRIKUNOV
GLAZACHEV - PESTUNOV* - MIRNOV
ISAKOV - SHAFIGULIN - KOZHEVNIKOV/TUNIK/ERMOLIN

*- participated last year
btw why Kaigorodov isin't there again this year ?

Born in 1983

BeerTuzzi
12-15-2003, 11:54 AM
I think

Bouchard-Staal-Nash

Horton-Bergeron-Crosby

Paille-Getzlaf-Stewart

Tambellini-Colliton-Burns

Phaneuf-Coburn

Seabrook-Klein

White-Gorges

Fleury
Harding

I think this would be easily the best team in the tournament and would probably manhandle the Russians.

Agreed

Team_Spirit
12-15-2003, 11:55 AM
I don't know why you don't wanna see Shkotov in your lineup , that guy play for my local junior team ( Rempart 14gp 11g 17a 28pts) and i must say he's better than every Russina foward who played here : Balmochnyk and Shiskanov .

He also played 35 game with CSKA last year as a rookie RSLer .

*Well Balmo didn't played a lot but in his short stint he has damn impressive ! ( 31pts in 21games along with Simon Gagne ) Shish was huge too but i like Alexei a bit more .

KariyaIsGod*
12-15-2003, 11:59 AM
Agreed
:handclap:

ZBORNAJA
12-15-2003, 12:43 PM
.I think this would be easily the best team in the tournament and would probably manhandle the Russians.

Easily the best :dunno: On paper maybe but that means nothing...

Slay
12-15-2003, 01:22 PM
I think this would be easily the best team in the tournament and would probably manhandle the Russians.

In your dreams it would be easly the best team, but in reality I don't see how this team can "manhandle the Russians". Russian team is big and fast. Don't forget that Russia and Canada plays different hockey. Intimidating wouldn't work vs big Russians ;)

Slay
12-15-2003, 01:24 PM
I don't know why you don't wanna see Shkotov in your lineup

I am not sure that he was invited

Slick Nick
12-15-2003, 01:57 PM
He was invited... and I think he should make the team. He was really good at the Re/Max Challange.

goteam
12-15-2003, 02:10 PM
In your dreams it would be easly the best team, but in reality I don't see how this team can "manhandle the Russians". Russian team is big and fast. Don't forget that Russia and Canada plays different hockey. Intimidating wouldn't work vs big Russians ;)
Players over 200 lbs.:
Canada 10, Russia 1

Slay
12-15-2003, 02:16 PM
He was invited... and I think he should make the team. He was really good at the Re/Max Challange.

If so he can replace Mirnov if he won't be ready after injury or TUNIK/ERMOLIN.

John Agar
12-15-2003, 02:39 PM
rantings of hockey lovers and the World Juniors. Love this time of year.

I have no problem with the bragging and posturing; make sure your right though, otherwise I want to see Avatars of you guys from Russia eating your hats.

I will still stay with my prediction of Canada #1, U.S. 2nd, Finland or Russia 3rd.

Slay
12-15-2003, 02:41 PM
Players over 200 lbs.:
Canada 10, Russia 1

Canadians are heavier sure but Russians aren't small. About 14 players 6'1+ and 190+ I was mentioning WJC U18 where Russia had pretty smallish roster but still was able to punish both North American teams with the same score 6-3. Remember it is more about style of the game and not just about the size of the players. But good size is not contraindicated versus big teams.

Ismellofhockey
12-15-2003, 03:14 PM
Wouldn't Bouwmeester be eligible to play as well?
That means we're losing out on:
- Bouwmeester
- Nash
- Horton
- Staal
- Bouchard
- Bergeron
- Tootoo?

damn...

KariyaIsGod*
12-15-2003, 03:23 PM
- Bouwmeester
- Nash
- Horton
- Staal
- Bouchard
- Bergeron
- Tootoo?

damn...

Exactly. If all these players were on the team, it would be Canada in a walk.

Even the big bad Russians couldn't stop the NHL's leading goal scorer.

The Pucks
12-15-2003, 05:40 PM
- Bouwmeester
- Nash
- Horton
- Staal
- Bouchard
- Bergeron
- Tootoo?

damn...

J-Bo and TooToo are to old.

monster_bertuzzi
12-15-2003, 08:41 PM
Parise
Kesler
Frische
O'Sullivan
Boyle
Suter
Stuart
Moore
Murray
Jessiman

The Americans are the clear favourites...

skatman
12-15-2003, 10:01 PM
Some people should read on their facts.....Chistov,Kovy,J-Bo,Tootoo,Spezza the list goes on....are not eligible!!!!!!

skatman
12-15-2003, 10:03 PM
maybe i can understand people who has under 100 post but those with
over 1000!!!

KariyaIsGod*
12-15-2003, 10:59 PM
maybe i can understand people who has under 100 post but those with
over 1000!!!

Sue us for not being familiar with the birth dates of every NHLer...

Kugel
12-16-2003, 08:37 AM
Parise
Kesler
Frische
O'Sullivan
Boyle
Suter
Stuart
Moore
Murray
Jessiman

The Americans are the clear favourites...

i dont think jessiman is on the team... brown woulda been a huge player too bad.

Ismellofhockey
12-17-2003, 02:24 PM
Sue us for not being familiar with the birth dates of every NHLer...

Bouwmeester was drafted in 2002, like Nash, so I made a mistake.

Anyway, it's almost unfair that the russian kids get to play in what works out to be the AHL while our guys come from the minors. Add the bigger ice surface and Canada really needs those NHLers at the U20s. If these were Soviet days, I'd say it was a conspiracy but those days are gone and so I have to revert to the somewhat more sensical if less thrilling cliché of saying: "We need to give those russians some breaks if they want a chance to compete with almighty Canada" ;)

mugu
12-17-2003, 02:39 PM

Anyway, it's almost unfair that the russian kids get to play in what works out to be the AHL while our guys come from the minors. Add the bigger ice surface and Canada really needs those NHLers at the U20s. If these were Soviet days, I'd say it was a conspiracy but those days are gone and so I have to revert to the somewhat more sensical if less thrilling cliché of saying: "We need to give those russians some breaks if they want a chance to compete with almighty Canada" ;)

im pretty sure bo is still eligible....but im going to officially check because nash is eligible

Epsilon
12-17-2003, 03:19 PM

This post takes the homerism prize away from the thread starter, which is really saying something. If it was meant to be serious of course, although at WJC time I'm never one to assume that shameless homerism is actually sarcasm because more often than not that assumption would be very incorrect.

KariyaIsGod*
12-17-2003, 04:08 PM
This post takes the homerism prize away from the thread starter, which is really saying something. If it was meant to be serious of course, although at WJC time I'm never one to assume that shameless homerism is actually sarcasm because more often than not that assumption would be very incorrect.

How is that homerism?

He basically said two things.

A) The used to be conspiracies made to undermine Canada's ice hockey teams in international play. He's right about that.

B) He said that the Russians need some breaks to beat Team Canada's actual crop of talent this year and they do. They would not beat team Canada if Canada had all it's NHLers and they've gotten a break since those guys have not been lent to the WJC team.

He certainly said it in shall we say, a more homeristic manner, but he wasn't wrong which means it's not homerism.

Epsilon
12-17-2003, 04:24 PM
How is that homerism?

He basically said two things.

A) The used to be conspiracies made to undermine Canada's ice hockey teams in international play. He's right about that.

B) He said that the Russians need some breaks to beat Team Canada's actual crop of talent this year and they do. They would not beat team Canada if Canada had all it's NHLers and they've gotten a break since those guys have not been lent to the WJC team.

He certainly said it in shall we say, a more homeristic manner, but he wasn't wrong which means it's not homerism.

Actually he's claiming that:

1. It's unfair that Russian players get to play in pro leagues while Canadian players don't. This is of course 100% on the shoulders of the CHL and so there's really nothing more to be said about it. Where "fairness" comes in I have no idea.

2. That somehow the big ice surface is such a disadvantage Canada can't win without NHL players in the lineup. This is nonsense as many of Canada's teams in the early 90's were successful with minimal use of NHL players in key positions.

3. That these two things would constitute a "conspiracy" against Canada when in fact things have always been this way. It's the fault of the NHL and CHL that 19 year old Canadian kids can't play in the AHL, no one else is responsible. And the size of the ice surface hasn't changed.

4. The Russians don't need any breaks from anyone to win. While their team is nowhere near as good as the person who started this thread claims, they can still beat any other team on the right day. We heard all this "unbeatable" crap in Nagano and look how that turned out.

Vlad The Impaler
12-17-2003, 07:24 PM

Anyway, it's almost unfair that the russian kids get to play in what works out to be the AHL while our guys come from the minors

The perceived notion that coming from a men's league is a significant advantage is faulty.

This myth is one of the most frequent reason I see weak player assessments in this prospect forum.

Kugel
12-17-2003, 07:52 PM

2. That somehow the big ice surface is such a disadvantage Canada can't win without NHL players in the lineup. This is nonsense as many of Canada's teams in the early 90's were successful with minimal use of NHL players in key positions.

But the 1995 canada jr team was probably one of the greatest junior teams ever and that was b/c of the NHL lock out. they went undefeated in the old style of tourny and that is amazing. so u have to think that if every team had all their NHL players on it that Canada would be the favorite.

Rabid Ranger
12-17-2003, 07:57 PM
The perceived notion that coming from a men's league is a significant advantage is faulty.

This myth is one of the most frequent reason I see weak player assessments in this prospect forum.

Very true, especially when you consider many young players that do in fact play against "men" aren't exactly getting premium minutes, it's almost more of a learning on the job apprenticeship than anything else.

Siberian
12-17-2003, 08:32 PM

But the 1995 canada jr team was probably one of the greatest junior teams ever and that was b/c of the NHL lock out. they went undefeated in the old style of tourny and that is amazing. so u have to think that if every team had all their NHL players on it that Canada would be the favorite.

1995 is right in the middle of the period (1990-1999) when Russian hockey was in coma if not dead. You can say as much as you want about greatness of Canadian team of 1995 and I will tell you about non-existence of the real competition.

Whoever followed the recent WC games for U-20 notice how much different Russian team has become since Russian league started getting investments and implemented this 3-U20 rule. The kids playing among men will have an advantage against the other kids playing among kids.

All I am saying is that Russia should be considered pretendent number One, but it is just the game of hockey and anything can happen in the short tournament.

MartinStLouis
12-17-2003, 08:54 PM

I willl laugh in your face if Russia doesnt win gold or silver. Of course if they do win I will laugh in your face from how silly sick Ovechkin is. Hope the pens get him!!! :joker:

Epsilon
12-17-2003, 09:00 PM

Depends somewhat on the year. It's not surprising given how heavy the 2003 draft class was in North Americans that we would have that situation this year. On the other hand, Kovalchuk could have been on the Russian team in either year following the 2001 draft, and wasn't.

Slay
12-18-2003, 03:10 AM
How is that homerism?

KariyaIsGod*
12-18-2003, 08:55 AM

Did you see the officiating during the Summit Series?

Hell, even last year at the WJCs, Sweden should have been called for at least 5 interferance penalties that were called. It's not like they were marginal, hard to make calls. They were blatant.

I'm not saying that the world has some giant conspiracy to screw Canada hockey, but they have gotten the short end of the stick numerous times, the Summit Series being the earliest I can remember.

Slick Nick
12-18-2003, 09:14 AM

Hell, even last year at the WJCs, Sweden should have been called for at least 5 interferance penalties that were called. It's not like they were marginal, hard to make calls. They were blatant.

I'm not saying that the world has some giant conspiracy to screw Canada hockey, but they have gotten the short end of the stick numerous times, the Summit Series being the earliest I can remember.

Ismellofhockey
12-18-2003, 09:23 AM
Wow doesn't this smiley ;) mean anything anymore? Definitely did not want that post to mean anything other than childish ribbing...

BUT, Vlad, I don't understand why it wouldn't be an advantage that the russians play with men in a league where the gameplay is on a much higher level. They may not have more potential than the other prospects from around the world but they certainly get the opportunity to mature faster. It would also encourage them to develop physically a lot faster. It doesn't mean the russians in the RSL are always better prospects, simply that their development is quicker.

Slay
12-18-2003, 10:19 AM

I can ask you absolutely the same! Did you see the officiating during the Summit Series? Canadians were very rough, they looked as bad guys out there, they were elbowing pretty often that is not even funny and they were not receiving penalties for that in the games that took place in Canada.

Here some videos. I recorded few good moments from the game long time ago but it happened that "elbowing" was there:

alexovechkin.narod.ru/video/Maltsev.avi
alexovechkin.narod.ru/video/Yakushev.avi

Hell, what Russia have to do with it?

I can also try to blame US referee in Olympic semifinal vs USA that he refused to watch reply of debatable goal that could tie the game. The referee at the WJC 2002 final that gave penalty to Volchenkov for elbowing but it was just clear hit using shoulder and Canada tied the game...

lol probably that is why most of what Canada won it won in NA eh?

Oh and Emanuel Sandue "won" his only international title [lately] in NA too, weird eh? Can you win outside of your box or you can't because whole world agaist you?

Frolov
12-18-2003, 11:36 AM
If these were Soviet days,

If these were Soviet days the USSR would be unstopable with players like Kastitsyn, Pushkarev, Vanek all on the team.

Slay
12-18-2003, 11:57 AM
If these were Soviet days the USSR would be unstopable with players like Kastitsyn, Pushkarev, Vanek all on the team.

Vanek?

canucksfan
12-18-2003, 12:04 PM
Vanek?
Yeah, Vanek would not be on the team. He is Austrian. Austria was never under Soviet rule so he couldn't play with USSR.

Bud The Spud*
12-18-2003, 01:01 PM
I can ask you absolutely the same! Did you see the officiating during the Summit Series? Canadians were very rough, they looked as bad guys out there, they were elbowing pretty often that is not even funny and they were not receiving penalties for that in the games that took place in Canada.

Here some videos. I recorded few good moments from the game long time ago but it happened that "elbowing" was there:

alexovechkin.narod.ru/video/Maltsev.avi
alexovechkin.narod.ru/video/Yakushev.avi

Hell, what Russia have to do with it?

I can also try to blame US referee in Olympic semifinal vs USA that he refused to watch reply of debatable goal that could tie the game. The referee at the WJC 2002 final that gave penalty to Volchenkov for elbowing but it was just clear hit using shoulder and Canada tied the game...

lol probably that is why most of what Canada won it won in NA eh?

Oh and Emanuel Sandue "won" his only international title [lately] in NA too, weird eh? Can you win outside of your box or you can't because whole world agaist you?

This makes me sick :shakehead I can't believe somebody would think that when Canada wins within North America, it is because of some sort of cheating.

Slay
12-18-2003, 01:08 PM
This makes me sick :shakehead I can't believe somebody would think that when Canada wins within North America, it is because of some sort of cheating.

It was just reply (probably harsh a bit) to mistrustful KariyaIsGod so don't take it too serious Bud.

PS: I still can't call the victory of Emanuel Sandue fair. Judges often tends to sympathize to host though, but there have to be some limits.

Siberian
12-19-2003, 01:54 PM
It was just reply (probably harsh a bit) to mistrustful KariyaIsGod so don't take it too serious Bud.

PS: I still can't call the victory of Emanuel Sandue fair. Judges often tends to sympathize to host though, but there have to be some limits.

What a nice way to kill topic by moving to a place where nobody goes. I wondered why this board lacks posters......

SwisshockeyAcademy
12-19-2003, 09:27 PM
What should have just been a normal thread quickly deteriorated into perhaps one of the worst threads from top to bottom i have ever had to sift thru. It is full of misinformation, lies, over the top Bravado, whining about who is not there, Austria as part of the former USSR and then ends with figure skating. Its not even entertaining jabs back in forth, each post is worse than the previous post{ not all as there are a few decent posts mixed in but not enough to save it} Would the mod please put this crap out of its misery. Just awful.

jepjepjoo
12-20-2003, 04:27 AM

And if it was time before 1917 you would have the whole Finnish team :)

MaV
12-20-2003, 04:51 AM

That has really nothing to do with Canada. It's unfortenately the way to game is often played in Europe.

Epsilon
12-21-2003, 12:40 AM
What should have just been a normal thread quickly deteriorated into perhaps one of the worst threads from top to bottom i have ever had to sift thru. It is full of misinformation, lies, over the top Bravado, whining about who is not there, Austria as part of the former USSR and then ends with figure skating. Its not even entertaining jabs back in forth, each post is worse than the previous post{ not all as there are a few decent posts mixed in but not enough to save it} Would the mod please put this crap out of its misery. Just awful.

:bow: :handclap: :teach:

Only thing I would disagree with is your statement that this "should have been a normal thread". It was clear from the first post onwards that it was destined to be a bunch of chest-pumping homerism.

BCCHL inactive
12-21-2003, 08:45 PM
I agree Epsilon. That is why this will not continue.

Stay tuned for a sticky of WJC-specific Board Rules to come either tonight or tomorrow. It is clear to me that homerism could be a problem.