Oneil

Dancing Chicken
12-15-2003, 05:50 AM
Well I am stuck at working waiting for a meeting.. How about Oneil for Taffe or Kolanos, Ferrence and a pick?? Would you do it??

CoyoteBaloney
12-15-2003, 05:56 AM
Why would The Canes want Ference?

Dancing Chicken
12-15-2003, 06:02 AM
More hoping that they are going in rebuilding mode and Ferrence is an asset.. He plays a good game just not for the Yotes right now.. Its anouther lets hope a change of home dose a player good..

Brad and Markov would be a great pairing, I would think twice crossing that blue line..

CoyoteBaloney
12-15-2003, 06:21 AM
Ference has actually been playing better lately. I don't think we can give up a dman without getting one back.

12-15-2003, 07:06 AM
For someone like O'Neill? Sure. I'm really big on O'Neill but I don't see Carolina going for it. It'd be a steal if we gave Kolanos (damaged goods?) & Ference for O'Neill.

_Del_
12-15-2003, 09:48 AM
For someone like O'Neill? Sure. I'm really big on O'Neill but I don't see Carolina going for it. It'd be a steal if we gave Kolanos (damaged goods?) & Ference for O'Neill.

I don't see PHX taking on any salary, so it's probably moot...

12-15-2003, 10:04 AM
I don't see PHX taking on any salary, so it's probably moot...
I agree, but if you think about it...O'Neill make high $3 millions I think, Kolanos makes over $1M, as does Ference, so we only pick up $1-2M, and if you figure that Burke will be off the books by the end of the season, it's probably doable.

But I don't see it happening.

hbk
12-15-2003, 02:44 PM
with the new arena, i'm not sure that we are a team that is not willing to take a little salary; however, i think management will wait to see what kind of return they are getting from both the Coyotes and the new lacrosse team. That being said, O'Neil is at that awkward age group where he may or may not be a UFA after a finalized new CBA. On a rebuilding team I can't see Phoenix being that anxious to give up the assets that would be acquired to get O'Neil. If he were 25, I think it would be worth investigating further but in this case, two years makes a big difference.