how to promote norvegen ice hokey to another level?

pouskin74*
04-26-2007, 03:48 PM
how to promote norvegen ice hokey to another level? what you think gays?

Ciccarelli
04-29-2007, 12:08 PM
how to promote norvegen ice hokey to another level? what you think gays?

Calling everybody "gays" is probably not the best way to start conversation. :D

EbencoyE
04-29-2007, 10:45 PM
play better

Redwingsfan
05-14-2007, 08:28 AM
change everyone who has something to do with norwegian hockey. the managment SUCKS.

pouskin74*
05-15-2007, 02:31 PM
Calling everybody "gays" is probably not the best way to start conversation. :D

:handclap: ok i think they need more experts from abroad to help kinderhokey. step by step to be better!

Lux Aurumque*
05-18-2007, 06:39 PM
You know...I've never quite understood why Norway's level of hockey is so much worse than Sweden's and Finland's. They're all neighbours..it just doesn't make much sense. At least with the former USSR countries, they've got their best players usually playing for Russia (A la Alexei Zhitnik, he's from the Ukraine, but plays for Russia)

Redwingsfan
05-20-2007, 09:07 AM
You know...I've never quite understood why Norway's level of hockey is so much worse than Sweden's and Finland's. They're all neighbours..it just doesn't make much sense. At least with the former USSR countries, they've got their best players usually playing for Russia (A la Alexei Zhitnik, he's from the Ukraine, but plays for Russia)

because no one here gives a crap about hockey. and the feaw ones who, dont know what the hell they are doing.:rant:

Faktisti*
05-20-2007, 03:46 PM
real answer:

first they have to build some hockey arenas. get some more junior players. starting to develop them. they have to get some coaches. they have to develop their league with their own players from norway and get some ppl to watch the games. and then will some money go around the games and they have to advertise the hockey there. but the scary thing is that as everywhere country, also in norway football wins hockey, so its hard to do anything. im pretty sure that there wont come more real hockey countries, but canada,usa,finland, sweden, slovakia, czech and russia

its sad but true

pouskin74*
05-21-2007, 03:21 PM
ice hockey in swiss and germany and belarus is not on bad level at all. that mean norvegens have a another chance (after lillerhammer) sooner or later.

Jazz
05-22-2007, 12:28 AM
rinks are a not in good supply in Norway.

The need more rinks, and then encourage kids to start playing, things will start growing from there.

Redwingsfan
05-22-2007, 09:16 AM
rinks are a not in good supply in Norway.

The need more rinks, and then encourage kids to start playing, things will start growing from there.

i agree. when be build rinks we build them big. i dont see the problem in building more small rinks. like in canada. there are small rinks everwhere there.

barfy2000
09-16-2007, 12:54 AM
i agree. when be build rinks we build them big. i dont see the problem in building more small rinks. like in canada. there are small rinks everwhere there.

Agreed. Where I live, there are 9 public rinks that are less than 10 minutes away from me. 3 within 5 minutes. If you increase the driving time to 20 minutes, I'd bet that number would be pushing 20.

Riddarn
09-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Build more rinks and try to find a way to raise the knowledge level of grass roots hockey coaches & instructors around the country. And if possible, take a good long look at what the danes have done the past 10 years and see if they can take some of that to norway. Send more of their junior players to play in better leagues in Sweden or Canada.

toastman344*
09-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Our Team Canada guys played Norway at this past years' WC's...It was early in the tourney for us, and our team played brutally...They couldn't complete a breakout pass ...and the forwards vs. D were totally out of sync...lots of turn overs...god it was awful !

Having said that...Team Norway looked terrific for the first 10 minutes vs. Team Canada...imo...Their skating was top notch...really, they just skated like demons and had our Canucks totally on their heels...Score was 1-0 Norway after 10 and it could have been worse !

I suspect that Team Norway was really pumped to be playing Team Maple Leaf...& just expended too much energy too quickly...after that , they ran out of gas...It was a fairly routine/easy Team Canada victory in the end...

BUT... for a while there It looked like we were playing another BIG 7 opponent...Overal, I was very impressed with Team Norway...seriously...so I can't believe that Norwegian Hockey is as bad as some seem to be suggesting, in this thread...

BTW didn't George Kingston used to coach the Norwegian Nats ? Obviously, Norway has had top coaching in the past !

runeeres
09-28-2007, 10:09 AM
BTW didn't George Kingston used to coach the Norwegian Nats ? Obviously, Norway has had top coaching in the past !
He did, and he is now considering a position in the Norwegian Elite Sports Organization (Olympiatoppen), who supervises all elite sports and athletes, as the director of team sports.

Chapin Landvogt
12-23-2007, 06:11 PM
real answer:

first they have to build some hockey arenas. get some more junior players. starting to develop them. they have to get some coaches. they have to develop their league with their own players from norway and get some ppl to watch the games. and then will some money go around the games and they have to advertise the hockey there. but the scary thing is that as everywhere country, also in norway football wins hockey, so its hard to do anything. im pretty sure that there wont come more real hockey countries, but canada,usa,finland, sweden, slovakia, czech and russia

its sad but true

I think this is right, in a nutshell. There's a lot of ground work missing in Norwegian ice hockey, and when a kid is good, he's usually in Sweden before you know it.

The Norwegians may have to think of developing one, well-funded training center la the USNDTP, where the nation's best 15 and 16 year olds are courted and go to a sort of hockey internat while 16-18. There'd have to be about 25 kids going in there every year.

Each and every age group would then have a team and there would be a strict, strict schooling and hockey program. Lots of weightlifting and general fitness programs, etc. would be part of the program. There would have to then be a plate of games against a variety of different talent levels:
1) Norwegian pro teams
2) Swedish and Finnish junior teams
3) Perhaps even the Danish league and a tour through the German 2nd league.

A test schedule including a good 50-60 games a season would be important. If possible, a short tour against a few CHL teams and the USNDTP would be of great benefit.

It wouldn't answer the GENERAL Norwegian program problems, i.e. too few rinks, too few well-trained coaches, etc. but it would slowly but surely give the Norwegians and their league a good pool of kids for the coming years and may actually develop several NHLers and a team that ranks around 8-12 consistently year for year at the WCs.

Sure, the country only has 4.5 million people, but Finland has 5 million and is WAY better. Norway could start closing the gap and realistically should be making the same inroads Denmark has been making the past few years.

Regards

Redwingsfan
12-24-2007, 12:39 PM
I think this is right, in a nutshell. There's a lot of ground work missing in Norwegian ice hockey, and when a kid is good, he's usually in Sweden before you know it.

The Norwegians may have to think of developing one, well-funded training center la the USNDTP, where the nation's best 15 and 16 year olds are courted and go to a sort of hockey internat while 16-18. There'd have to be about 25 kids going in there every year.

Each and every age group would then have a team and there would be a strict, strict schooling and hockey program. Lots of weightlifting and general fitness programs, etc. would be part of the program. There would have to then be a plate of games against a variety of different talent levels:
1) Norwegian pro teams
2) Swedish and Finnish junior teams
3) Perhaps even the Danish league and a tour through the German 2nd league.

A test schedule including a good 50-60 games a season would be important. If possible, a short tour against a few CHL teams and the USNDTP would be of great benefit.

It wouldn't answer the GENERAL Norwegian program problems, i.e. too few rinks, too few well-trained coaches, etc. but it would slowly but surely give the Norwegians and their league a good pool of kids for the coming years and may actually develop several NHLers and a team that ranks around 8-12 consistently year for year at the WCs.

Sure, the country only has 4.5 million people, but Finland has 5 million and is WAY better. Norway could start closing the gap and realistically should be making the same inroads Denmark has been making the past few years.

Regards

that one hell of an idea, but......

there is no chanse in hell that there will be given enough money for this to be possible. Norwegian hockey wont get any money until the national team starts winning, and that wont happen without money, so its kind of a bad cirkle... and i dont see it getting better anytime soom.

Chapin Landvogt
12-24-2007, 01:05 PM
that one hell of an idea, but......

there is no chanse in hell that there will be given enough money for this to be possible. Norwegian hockey wont get any money until the national team starts winning, and that wont happen without money, so its kind of a bad cirkle... and i dont see it getting better anytime soom.

Yep, you'er right.

Norway will need some very hockey-friendly folks to take over positions of influence, say with the Olympic committee.

Either that, are someone of great individual wealth who loves the sport will need to simply invest large portions of money every year into such a program. There are surely a good number of people from Norway who could do that, if they were to have to love for it.

In addition, the national program would most likely need a good staff of 5+ coaches who'd be ready to perhaps spend a year or two being sent to North America or at least Sweden to take part in certain training programs.