Goal Horn History

BigMac1212
12-21-2003, 08:01 AM
I am a big fan of the goal horn. Can you historians tell me how the goal horn came to be so popular in hockey? Thanks.

DJyellow
12-21-2003, 10:57 AM
I am a big fan of the goal horn. Can you historians tell me how the goal horn came to be so popular in hockey? Thanks.

I dunno, but i can tell you that the Hartford Whalers's goal horn was probably the most annpoying one ever

GoM
12-21-2003, 05:29 PM
I dunno...I went to a Roadrunner's game friday...they had a frickin train whistle

Nearly spit out my hot dog

Jared Ramsden
12-21-2003, 06:47 PM
San Jose's horn is my favorite........

Douggy
12-22-2003, 07:42 AM
I hate it when they turn on the horn after the goal, and its just one big blast that goes on for like 15 seconds. I've never experienced it live, but It's hellish when your watching TV and you're trying to listen to the commentators.

Tom Liodice
12-25-2003, 11:26 AM
The Isles a few years back when they had those hideous fisherman jerseys, actually had a fog horn as their goal horn. When they would score then (which was a gift in itself), smoke would come out of the logos which were on the corners of the scoreboard and the fog horn would go off. One of my favorites...

~TL

Terrier
12-25-2003, 01:34 PM

I'm a Bruins fan but I had the opportunity to see a game in the old Chicago Stadium several years ago. That was the king of all horns. The Sabres had a similar one in the old Aud, but if there's one old arena that hockey fans would like to see come back to life, it's Da Stadium.

Mark O
12-29-2003, 08:56 PM
I could be wrong, but I always thought it originated in The Stadium (Chicago). And I agree with a previous poster that the Hartford horn is the most annoying of all -- and it is still in use since the AHL Wolf Pack
play their games at HCC.

HF_Rangers
02-10-2004, 08:18 PM
Anaheim: 1996-1999 Annoying Whooping Siren
1999-present Slow Foghorn, 3 or 4 blasts
Atlanta: 1998-Present Long Horn Blast followed by short blasts for each goal
Boston: 1999-Present Train Horn
Buffalo: 1987-Present Ship Horn from Kahlenberg, 3 medium blasts.
Calgary: 1997-2002 San Jose Foghorn, Two Blasts
2002-present Wachovia Center Horn, different pitch
Chicago: 1985?-present "The Stadium Horn" One medium blast, since the move in '94 it's one long blast.
Colorado: 2000-2003 Siren
2003-present Three short "cartoonish" foghorn blasts
Columbus: 2000-present Foghorn (Kahlenberg.com has a clip)
Dallas: 1996-2001 Infamously long train horn (lasted 45 seconds)
2001-present Same horn, but much shorter
Detroit: 1991-1994 Heard it in a video, think it's a ship horn
1995-present Unique horn, three blasts
Edmonton: 2001-present Unique horn, my dad jokes that it's sounds like a horn in the Holland Tunnel. One 5-second blast.
Florida: 1993-present Train horn, two blasts
Los Angeles 1998-present Foghorn, two medium blasts
Minnesota 2000-present Train horn, two blasts
Montreal 2000-present high-pitched train horn, two blasts
Nashville 1998-present Buffalo style horn, three blasts
New Jersey 1993-present Unique horn, six blasts, short, short, long and SSL again.
New York I 1973-1995 Whooping Siren
1995-1998 Foghorn, the actual sound in Anaheim's horn in ESPN NHL Hockey. 1998-2000 Siren
2000-present Loud Truck Horn, two long blasts
New York R 1986-1991? Siren
1991?-present Diesel Train, copied by the Philly Phantoms and '02 Olympics
Ottawa 1991-present "Car Horn", considered to be annoying, pattern varies and is usually long, short, short, short, long.
Philadelphia 1992-1996 Spectrum had an odd horn, think it was 5 short blasts.
1996-1998 Don't remember the sound, but it's different than current one.
1998-present Freight train, one long blast.
Phoenix 1996-2003 Coyote Howl
2003-present Short train blast followed by Coyote howl
Pittsburgh 1993-2003 Siren
2003-present Foghorn
San Jose 1993-present Foghorn
St. Louis 1989?-present Foghorn
Tampa Bay 1995-present Foghorn
Toronto 2000-present VIA Rail horn, three soft blasts, followed by a tornado sound
Vancouver 1992-1994 Train horn like Boston’s
1995-present Odd train horn, same horn is used for the Wilkes-Barre Penguins, followed by “Yabba-Dabba-Doo!”
Washington 1987-2000 Police Siren
2000-present Police Siren with Sabres style Horn

More help/corrections are welcome! Include defunct and minor league teams!!

KM
02-12-2004, 09:29 PM
Colorado's horn sounds very feminine. that's the only way i can describe it.

*midnitehockey
02-13-2004, 02:09 AM
Thanks for all the research, HF_Rangers... :)

My personal unfavourite is the Coyotes' Howl... ugh, I hate that one!

The Avs' is okay, but the further down your team is, the further down in your stomach it echoes...

benji
02-13-2004, 04:30 PM
Habs goal horn+song is the best by far.

The Sens have the most annoying one.

trenton1
02-13-2004, 04:42 PM
Boston has no goal scoring horn that I know of. The PA announcer gives a single Wooo!! after announcing the goal which the crowd usually echoes. It's okay but I sure wouldn't miss it. Celebrating my team's goal (with the rest of the crowd's applause) is more than enough---I'm glad there is no horn in Boston. I can't stand any blaring horn for a goal celebration. Also, bring back the siren to end the periods/game. Only MTL still has it I believe.

NYIsles1*
02-13-2004, 04:50 PM
Islanders origional siren 1973-1995 used to be amazing. Much like the Shawshank Redemption airhorn for those who have seen this movie.

After the Fisherman fiasco which was foghorn with origional siren blended in, it was switched to some siren for a year that sounded exactly like exactly like the one in the move, The last castle.

Comparing both sirens is kind of like comparing the two movies. One great, the other a poor imitation.

nuksforlife
02-13-2004, 05:54 PM
Canucks is followed most of the time by the Ole Ole soccer song

Malefic74
02-13-2004, 06:12 PM
I keep waiting for someone to use the Ghostbusters car horn for a Halloween game, but nobody's done it yet. Then again maybe I'm the only weirdo who thought that might be cool. :D

SedinFan*
02-13-2004, 06:26 PM
Vancouver 1992-1994 Train horn like Boston’s

Incorrect. It was similar to the St.Louis Blues horn of current, however, it was so loud, you could hear it while standing outside the arena.

I am the horn master....

HF_Rangers
02-13-2004, 07:31 PM
I listened to a clip of the old Canucks horn and I think it sounds like something other than the Blues foghorn. I'll need a clearer clip b/c the fans are louder than the horn (the clip is from the '94 playoffs). I do know the horn is still used for the Vancouver Giants so maybe someone could clarify that.

HF_Rangers
02-13-2004, 07:43 PM
Islanders origional siren 1973-1995 used to be amazing. Much like the Shawshank Redemption airhorn for those who have seen this movie.

After the Fisherman fiasco which was foghorn with origional siren blended in, it was switched to some siren for a year that sounded exactly like exactly like the one in the move, The last castle.

Comparing both sirens is kind of like comparing the two movies. One great, the other a poor imitation.

You sure the Isles' had a siren in 1973? I've seen games from the 80's where there's no siren after a goal but if this happens to be correct then the Islanders have credit for the first goal siren.

UPDATE: Found some clips from the 80's and indeed there is a siren. Great addition to the goal list, NYIsles1 and I will put it up immediately.

BigMac1212
02-14-2004, 12:25 AM
I went over to Kahlenberg.com and found the horn that Buffalo uses, wait, let me hear it again....

Braaaaaaa!

Yup! That's the one.

http://kahlenberg.com/audio/model_f-3.mp3

BigMac1212
02-14-2004, 12:48 AM
I keep waiting for someone to use the Ghostbusters car horn for a Halloween game, but nobody's done it yet. Then again maybe I'm the only weirdo who thought that might be cool. :D

Me, too. Although, if there's going to be a Ghostbusters night, they need to have Bill Murray do the PA!

BigMac1212
02-14-2004, 12:49 AM
Here's a St. Louis-esque horn. Boy, if that was used at a hockey game, everybody would go deaf!

http://kahlenberg.com/audio/s203.mp3

NYIsles1*
02-14-2004, 10:37 AM
You sure the Isles' had a siren in 1973? I've seen games from the 80's where there's no siren after a goal but if this happens to be correct then the Islanders have credit for the first goal siren.

UPDATE: Found some clips from the 80's and indeed there is a siren. Great addition to the goal list, NYIsles1 and I will put it up immediately.
I was not at games in 1973, but I was told there was a siren in that very early peirod of the teams history.

What I can say from personal experience in the building there was a siren in 1977 and that siren was used until 1999-2000. In the early eighties sometimes the siren would not work properly for an odd-game or so or just may be hard to hear from the loud crowds in that era.

The organ music played with that airhorn when goals were scored is still used at games today.

HF_Rangers
02-14-2004, 08:29 PM
Here's a St. Louis-esque horn. Boy, if that was used at a hockey game, everybody would go deaf!

This horn is used for Columbus and Tampa Bay. St. Louis has a different horn that is similar, brought from the old St. Louis Arena.

HF_Rangers
02-14-2004, 08:33 PM
I went over to Kahlenberg.com and found the horn that Buffalo uses, wait, let me hear it again....

Braaaaaaa!

Yup! That's the one.

http://kahlenberg.com/audio/model_f-3.mp3

Yep! Also used in Nashville and Washington.

HF_Rangers
02-14-2004, 08:36 PM
Also, bring back the siren to end the periods/game. Only MTL still has it I believe.

Edmonton used to have it until last year, when they got a new scoreboard. Anyone happen to have a file of the odd period-ending buzzer from McNichols Arena and the Spectrum (good example is Duke's win over Kentucky)?

SedinFan*
02-15-2004, 03:42 AM

That's Tampa's horn.

BigMac1212
02-15-2004, 04:35 AM
Yea, Tampa's has a little more bite to theirs. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. It's just my observations.

HF_Rangers
02-15-2004, 06:47 PM
Yea, Tampa's has a little more bite to theirs. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. It's just my observations.

Didn't say it was, in fact I'll agree with you because I think Tampa's horn is a modification of the St. Louis horn.

KM
02-15-2004, 10:38 PM
actual sample of st louis horn here (http://www.stlouisblues.com/fanstuff/blues_multimedia/audio/foghorn.wav)

Inertiatic
02-15-2004, 10:56 PM
You know you're a hardcore hockey fan when you participate in a 2 page thread about goal horns! :p

IslesJack
02-15-2004, 11:15 PM
You know you're a hardcore hockey fan when you participate in a 2 page thread about goal horns! :p

Damn Straight.

Anyone know a few good sites where I can get the goal horns? Thanks A lot!

BigMac1212
02-16-2004, 02:57 AM

Don't forget Chicago. From what I'm told, they started the goal horn tradition.

GD|eNSo
02-16-2004, 05:47 AM
Anaheim: 1996-1999 Annoying Whooping Siren
Toronto 2000-present VIA Rail horn, three soft blasts, followed by a tornado sound

Really? I can't seem to remember a horm going off ... I guess it is very soft, cause you cannot hear it on TV. Never been their live to experience it. The "wind-down" sound is there, followed by the, now dull, "zombie nation" chorus.

I also love the Montreal goal horn/song, and the whistle at the end of the period. Super-wicked!

I think Edmonton has a similar thing, but it is more of a chime.

With the Flames, it's wicked how everything goes orange when the score. Like a fireball.

Van/Tor/Ott: Boring. Nothing really unique.

I like the "wind-down" tune, the ACC play's, but it would be nice if they had a rock song instead.

The Sens horn is loud, decent sounding. The stuff they play afterwards is garbage ... specailly the "he shoots, he scores" (not sure if they still do, but I heard it several times)

The Nucks, is alright aswell. The "Ole" song dosn't fit them, more Montreal-ish.

HF_Rangers
02-16-2004, 08:14 PM
Really? I can't seem to remember a horm going off ... I guess it is very soft, cause you cannot hear it on TV. Never been their live to experience it. The "wind-down" sound is there, followed by the, now dull, "zombie nation" chorus.

If you're talking about Anaheim's old horn then I'd suggest finding a clip of Teemu Selanne scoring in a Ducks uniform. They had an unusual goal horn then, and you could easily hear it. I'll try to find one online. I'll agree that Montreal has the best goal horn in Canada.

GD|eNSo
02-17-2004, 07:21 AM
Oops .... I meant to quote just "Toronto"

Rangers, have a nice goal tune aswell! Catchy and Unique. More team's need their own anthems...atleast all O-6 teams should do it.

HF_Rangers
02-17-2004, 06:26 PM
Oops .... I meant to quote just "Toronto"

Rangers, have a nice goal tune aswell! Catchy and Unique. More team's need their own anthems...atleast all O-6 teams should do it.

Yes, Toronto's is very hard to hear.

Rangers have a clip of the horn plus song on their website.

buffalosabre04
02-24-2004, 05:59 PM
i luv the song buffalo plays after the horn
if u wanna know its called blur - song 2 IM me or PM me if u want the song.
WOOHOO!!

BigMac1212
02-24-2004, 07:14 PM

Plus, their horn is unique. It's an uneven sound.

Hitman*
02-24-2004, 07:53 PM
With the Flames, it's wicked how everything goes orange when the score. Like a fireball.

It is a fireball

predfan1510
02-24-2004, 09:49 PM

Correct. That is used in Nashville. As a matter of fact, their website has the goal horn on it for downloading www.nashvillepredators.com Just click on "Goal Horn" and vola!!!!

Great thread BTW!!

HF_Rangers
02-26-2004, 10:00 PM
I actually listened to some AHL horns courtesy of audio archives at the Chicago Wolves website. Cincinnati uses a horn similar to Minnesota, Chicago has a siren, Milwaukee has a weird foghorn, and San Antonio uses the same horn as Dallas.

BigMac1212
03-10-2004, 02:02 PM
This horn is used for Columbus and Tampa Bay. St. Louis has a different horn that is similar, brought from the old St. Louis Arena.

It's also used, although softer than the other, in Staples Center in LA.

Suigi
03-20-2004, 12:32 PM
A few things:
1. Toronto doesn't need a loud goal horn. 19,000 fans screaming at once works just fine, thanks.
2. I think a goal horn increases the euphoria of when a goal is scored, because the fans are cheering and the players are smiling, and then just to emphasize the fact, a foghorn blasts. It's hard to put into words.
3. Are there any horns at the Kahlenberg website that sound like the ones in the Colisee de Quebec (Nordiques), Winnipeg Arena (Jets), or Hartford Civic Center? I want to add them to my NHL 2004 game to keep it historically correct.

Waltah*
03-23-2004, 04:18 PM
can anyone tell me why the bruins play that annoying song after they score? could they pick something else. when did they start using that ? the "wooooo" is fine for me but ill pass on the annoying song.

BigMac1212
03-30-2004, 11:11 PM
I think Boston uses Zombie Nation's Krencraft 4000, or however it's spelled.

crybicki
04-04-2004, 11:22 PM

Does anyone have an audio clip of the old Islanders fog horn from 1996

predfan1510
04-05-2004, 03:07 AM
I set lower bowl in Ottawa back in March....and MY GOD! Their goal horn is ear-piercing loud! It is fine to hear, but I had to cover my ears a few times. LOL!!!

Romulien
04-09-2004, 09:20 PM
3. Are there any horns at the Kahlenberg website that sound like the ones in the Colisee de Quebec (Nordiques), Winnipeg Arena (Jets), or Hartford Civic Center? I want to add them to my NHL 2004 game to keep it historically correct.

Only the song Brass Bonanza was played in the 80's when the whalers scored a goal.
http://downloads.brassbonanza.com/Sound/WhalerAudio/WhalerAudio08.mp3

At Winnipeg arena it was a train horn with the song rock and roll part 2
http://www.dilawri.com/sites/jetstribute/sounds/realaudio/selanne54.ram

Suigi
04-12-2004, 05:54 PM
Only the song Brass Bonanza was played in the 80's when the whalers scored a goal.
http://downloads.brassbonanza.com/Sound/WhalerAudio/WhalerAudio08.mp3

At Winnipeg arena it was a train horn with the song rock and roll part 2
http://www.dilawri.com/sites/jetstribute/sounds/realaudio/selanne54.ram

Really?
This kinda shows otherwise.
http://downloads.brassbonanza.com/Video/primeau_gets_2.avi
Thanks for the help. I can take it from here.
As for Quebec, they had a higher-note horn, then some "Let's Go Nordiques" tune.
http://www.cyber-nhl.net/files/viewer/?F_ID=1081793684

08Neely
04-15-2004, 05:52 PM
Before the Yotes moved into the new digs this year they used to play
Warren Zevon's - Werewolves of London

I loved that tune when they did that, made it unique.

But I agree with a previous poster, that damn howling is the most annoying thing ever......well almost. That Shark Chomp thing is the worst.

hockeygoon96
04-16-2004, 02:39 PM
San Jose's horn is my favorite........

Anyone know where to download the San Jose horn. I have looked everywhere and can't find it. I wish every NHL team would just have a download availiable on their website. Most teams are doing pretty well.

I also need the Florida Panthers one too.

Romulien
04-18-2004, 02:13 PM
Really?
This kinda shows otherwise.
http://downloads.brassbonanza.com/Video/primeau_gets_2.avi
Thanks for the help. I can take it from here.
As for Quebec, they had a higher-note horn, then some "Let's Go Nordiques" tune.
http://www.cyber-nhl.net/files/viewer/?F_ID=1081793684

This video is from 90's (look the hartford whalers uniform and the player name..).

As for the Nordiques it's a fantasy horn not the real

rbrooks
04-23-2004, 02:33 AM
There have got to be more goal horns.

Hawksfan10
04-23-2004, 03:31 PM
I'm a Bruins fan but I had the opportunity to see a game in the old Chicago Stadium several years ago. That was the king of all horns. The Sabres had a similar one in the old Aud, but if there's one old arena that hockey fans would like to see come back to life, it's Da Stadium.

The horn in the UC is the same one from the Stadium.

It was put in the Stadium in the 1982-83 season with the new "litebright" scoreboard.

They brought it to the UC when they moved in 1994.

APPARENTLY, it's the same horn that Wirtz has on his yacht in Florida. Go figure.. ?

Hawksfan10
04-23-2004, 03:41 PM
A few things:
1. Toronto doesn't need a loud goal horn. 19,000 fans screaming at once works just fine, thanks.

Then it's rather odd that the ACC produces one of the quietest full buildings in all of hockey! !

That place is a morgue until the late playoff rounds.

:p:

Hawksfan10
04-23-2004, 03:47 PM
Incorrect. It was similar to the St.Louis Blues horn of current, however, it was so loud, you could hear it while standing outside the arena.

I am the horn master....

Apparently not.

The Blues one of current is much louder and ear-peircing than that old Canucks' one. Vancouver's old one at PNE was much "gayer" sounding.

The new one at GM Place is much better.

The best in the league is by far Chicago. Followed by Buffalo. Every other team seemed to copy like it was going out of style after the Hawks, really.

Tkachukfan
04-23-2004, 09:28 PM
I happen to be a Blues fan. The Blues horn is not very loud unless you are sitting in the lower levels or right across from the speakers. Otherwise their horn is not very loud. If you sit Mezzanine high you cant even hear it well. Besdies the organ after goals is much better. Except last season they played that terrible rock version of the Blues March until many people complained to the Blues mgt about it. I used to live in Florida and went to a Tampa game and their horn is like 5 times as loud as the Blues. If you sit high in Tampa it jolts you out of your seat.

Gavin
04-30-2004, 12:30 PM
I am looking for either the Boston Bruins goal horn at The Fleetcenter or The Mighty Ducks goal horn at the Arrowhead Pond as a download for a cell phone ringer.
Can you help please?

Thanks.

You may email me direct at shanofsky@earthlink.net

TVanek26*
05-02-2004, 07:53 PM
I love the SJ and San Jose horn..

hockeygoon96
05-03-2004, 06:07 PM
I have all 30 NHL horns and some old ones and will try to post them on my website or somewhere for downloading. Most are really good quality.
I agree on the Blues horn, it is too quiet. Needs to be loud like Dallas' or Tampa's.

crybicki
05-04-2004, 10:05 PM
I have all 30 NHL horns and some old ones and will try to post them on my website or somewhere for downloading. Most are really good quality.
I agree on the Blues horn, it is too quiet. Needs to be loud like Dallas' or Tampa's.

Do you have the old NY Islanders goal horn from 1996...Its a boat fog horn
If you have the one they have today send that too...just tell me

rattlersy2k
05-06-2004, 03:25 PM

rattlersy2k
05-06-2004, 03:26 PM
does anyone have a site with the horns on them, or kno a sight u can buy horns similar to those of the nhl.. looking for one for my hockey team :banana:

Iceburgh
05-06-2004, 05:56 PM

So any update on that website?

Suigi
05-13-2004, 05:39 PM
Seriously.
If you have all these horns, why not use them?
Or post them for all to hear?

go_leafs_go02
05-13-2004, 06:30 PM
So, what is the site? I've been looking for them.

thanks

BigMac1212
05-17-2004, 12:33 PM
Bump!

IslesJack
07-28-2004, 01:49 AM
Does anyone have a website with goal horns?

I am looking for the Islanders Goal Horn from the fisherman days, it was a fog horn.
I think the Philadelphia Phantoms use it now.

Thresher
07-28-2004, 02:48 AM
But I agree with a previous poster, that damn howling is the most annoying thing ever......well almost. That Shark Chomp thing is the worst.

I doubt you'll ever read this - but, I just had to add that the 'shark chomp' motion accompanies the "Theme from Jaws" music when the Sharks go on the power play

it has nothing to do with a goal...or the horn...& I don't see why it was compared to the 'Yote howl :dunno:

anyhow, it looks like hockeygoon96 never did get around to providing a link - if he ever got them uploaded in the first place, that is...shame, there were a few I was interested in hearing

hossua34
07-29-2004, 01:46 AM
This site is really old and outdate- because I made it 4 years ago- but it's better than anything anybody else had posted yet:

http://www.geocities.com/adamy1220/horns.html

Thresher
07-29-2004, 02:07 AM
This site is really old and outdate- because I made it 4 years ago- but it's better than anything anybody else had posted yet:

thanks hossua34

I downloaded the Sharks horn first off to get a feel for the date - the site features the old drawn out foghorn...with Rock N Roll Part 2 kicking in mid blaaat

whereas, now - it's the first blast that echoes throughout the arena, by itself...then the Rock N Roll Part 2 beat starts....soon after, the second horn resounds and ends right before the 'keyboardesque' melody kicks in - then it's all about the crowds' chants of "YEAH!" - with a rumble of drums to end the festivities

PsychoDeli
07-29-2004, 02:15 AM

:bow:

Thresher
07-29-2004, 02:30 AM
:bow:

yes - that too

this gives me something to do to entertain myself during early morning, relatively drawl, insomniac hours....classic NHL goal horns at 2am on a weekday - excellent...much appreciated

jstreim
07-29-2004, 10:30 AM
Tampa Bay 1995-present Foghorn

I don't want to nitpick, but from 1996, when they first moved to the IP to I belive 2000, their horn was extremely quiet, and it sounded almost like an air-raid siren.

Skroob*
07-29-2004, 01:51 PM
havent the Rangers used a NY Firetruck horn since 9/11?

IslesJack
07-29-2004, 03:29 PM
havent the Rangers used a NY Firetruck horn since 9/11?

No they only used the Firetruck horn during pre season and a few regular season games after 9/11.

Poikilitic
07-29-2004, 04:30 PM
Toronto uses the "oooooooOoooo" song. Along with the horn at the begining.

Emerald City Bruin
08-10-2004, 01:00 AM
Does anyone think R&Rp2 is overplayed? Listening to all of those horn clips, i would say 2/3 have Mr Glitter follow their blast.

I have a soft spot for it as we in Seattle use it for our goal song. Be kind of nice if we had a horn to go with it.

gflamesg
09-19-2004, 10:26 PM
I've got almost every single horn from every arena. There's a great place to find them, it's on cyber-nhl.net.

- This is now useless - the cyber-nhl.net site has been closed down for good....:(
However, you'll find that I'm currently making horns of my own. They're absolutely perfect and clear, and anybody wishing to download them can just wait one more week until they're all released.

jjflyer
11-19-2004, 10:57 PM
What kind of horns are these that arenas used? My old college used to have one and set it off at the end of basketball games. Where do the hockey arenas buy them from does anyone know? Are they ship horns with plug in compressors or something?

acr*
11-20-2004, 12:46 AM
I love Goal horns. The fans and their reactions and everything are great

Unfortunately, the Bruins have a terrible Horn and song. It's a weak, drawn-out train whistle with that stupid Eurotrash Zombie Nation song

Give me an Air Raid Siren and a Foghorn any day of the week

HFXMooseHabs
11-21-2004, 05:14 PM
Goal horns were cool back when a few teams used them. In places like Chicago and Buffalo it was like a tradition. Then when expansion came along in the 90's, every new team had a horn. Then teams that had been around for a while jumped on the bandwagon. Now every team has a goal horn and it's just not cool anymore. Every arena sounds the same.

wassup77
11-21-2004, 05:39 PM
Hi, Im from sweden and I watch the SEL and the team I hate the most Farjestads BK has a very good song they play when the team scores witch goes like "Det är mål, det är mål, det är mååål iiiiigeeeen" I just love it.

So its always a comfort when they score on ya favourite team :)

wassup77
11-21-2004, 05:59 PM
I whould love it if it was a horn that sounded like an earthquake or something... and the whole arena started to shake... and the jumbothrone fell down on the ice..err maybe that was a bit too...

sabrefan27
11-22-2004, 09:36 PM
I've always loved Rochester's horn at the War Memorial. Been there a while.

XX
11-22-2004, 10:58 PM
St Louis has the best, they do their goal horn and then they have this bell they toll for every goal scored, the fans get into it.

gflamesg
12-04-2004, 01:54 PM
Horn fans, today's your lucky day! During the past month I've been making 100% accurate horns over at ESPNHockey.net. The users there have helped me figure out how each team plays their horn and songs. Now, they're all finished. Reverb has been added to each horn, as well, so that they sound like they're in the arena.

Enjoy the horns - there's one for each NHL team! Click this link for over 30 goal horns without crowd noise. :)

http://www.espnhockey.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=7762&st=0

Accord
12-04-2004, 06:12 PM
Horn fans, today's your lucky day! During the past month I've been making 100% accurate horns over at ESPNHockey.net. The users there have helped me figure out how each team plays their horn and songs. Now, they're all finished. Reverb has been added to each horn, as well, so that they sound like they're in the arena.

Enjoy the horns - there's one for each NHL team! Click this link for over 30 goal horns without crowd noise. :)

Awesome, thanks!

Hockey_Nut99
12-19-2004, 05:23 PM
I love it in Vancouver. When they score the horn comes on and that Olay mosuic goes with it perfectly.

CF
12-19-2004, 11:22 PM
I listened to a clip of the old Canucks horn and I think it sounds like something other than the Blues foghorn. I'll need a clearer clip b/c the fans are louder than the horn (the clip is from the '94 playoffs). I do know the horn is still used for the Vancouver Giants so maybe someone could clarify that.The Giants curently have the same horn as Montreal's.

gflamesg
01-22-2005, 01:40 PM
I've created a couple more horns to add to the downloads list. This includes the true Pittsburgh Penguins fog horn, and some updated Colorado horns.

I hope everyone who participated in this thread gets to hear these horns, because just about every one of them has NO crowd noise, and every one of them blasts for the exact amount of time/length, AND each one has the true goal song. (Even mixed as it is in the arena).

Click the link below for more than 30 GOAL HORNS with the true goal songs and without crowd noise.

Enjoy! :)

CH Wizard
01-22-2005, 01:42 PM
The habs , Isles goal song kick a$$.

gflamesg
01-22-2005, 01:46 PM
Yeah, they do. I made sure that they sounded perfect when I made those horns, so try downloading the horns in the link that I provided, and tell me what you think!

The Islanders goal song includes the "Woos" done by the crowd.

Also, these horns do have echo in them, so they sound like they're in the arena.

Click the link below for more than 30 GOAL HORNS with the true goal songs and without crowd noise!

CH Wizard
01-22-2005, 01:48 PM
Yeah, they do. I made sure that they sounded perfect when I made those horns, so try downloading the horns in the link that I provided, and tell me what you think!

The Islanders goal song includes the "Woos" done by the crowd.

Also, these horns do have echo in them, so they sound like they're in the arena.

Click the link below for more than 30 GOAL HORNS with the true goal songs and without crowd noise

http://www.espnhockey.net/forums/in...topic=7762&st=0

Enjoy!

I listened to the sharks goal song , thx !

gflamesg
01-22-2005, 01:49 PM
Glad you liked it. I got lucky with that song, because it's the actual true techno version that the Sharks play. It was tough to find, but like I said, I got lucky. :)

Click the link below for more than 30 GOAL HORNS with the true goal songs and without crowd noise!

CH Wizard
01-22-2005, 01:51 PM
Glad you liked it. I got lucky with that song, because it's the actual true techno version that the Sharks play. It was tough to find, but like I said, I got lucky. :)

Damn , the habs song goal is better on this website then the one in the arena.GREAT STUFF! :)

gflamesg
01-22-2005, 01:52 PM
Thanks! :)