Dr_Chimera*
12-22-2003, 07:49 PM
Is this game on tv???

BCCHL inactive
12-22-2003, 07:59 PM
No.

streetballer03
12-22-2003, 08:44 PM
You don't even need to watch it. Canada won before the game even started.

Epsilon
12-22-2003, 08:54 PM

Right because the only reason people watch WJCs is to find out who wins the games...

Personally I couldn't care less who wins this tournament, the only reason I watch it is to evaluate prospects.

eSabre
12-22-2003, 09:40 PM
Not so fast. Thomas Vanek will own Canada tomorrow.

You'll see.

My prediction:

Austria 417, Canada 1

...but, Canada holds Vanek to 401 goals, 16 assists.

Paille scores for Canada.

gopher
12-23-2003, 12:56 AM
with ore without vanek, he can play like a god, it doesn´t matter, the austrian team has lost 7-8 important players from last years squad (to old - 83), so, nice to be in finnland ..... but we will lose!

hopefully canada shows some mercy .... this team is to young and unproven!

Douggy
12-23-2003, 06:02 AM
I thought Sportsnet was covering the exibition games?

L3DZ3P
12-23-2003, 07:29 AM
Is it possible to follow the game online?

BCCHL inactive
12-23-2003, 09:03 AM
I thought Sportsnet was covering the exibition games?

Only the one against Sweden.

goteam
12-23-2003, 10:25 AM
Final Score:
Canada 6, Austria 1

Canada 2-0 in Exhibition --- hopefully they can carry these two wins into the tournament. Not sure who scored for Canada but will dig around.

Slay
12-23-2003, 10:37 AM
Final Score:
Canada 6, Austria 1

Canada 2-0 in Exhibition --- hopefully they can carry these two wins into the tournament. Not sure who scored for Canada but will dig around.

http://www.canadianhockey.ca/e/teams/mens/junior/2004/results/122303_canaut.html

CharlieGirl
12-23-2003, 10:42 AM
Looks like Phaneuf was unstoppable today (1G, 2A)! Hope he keeps that up!

Alex Kovalev
12-23-2003, 11:43 AM
Burns and Brent pot two each. Not bad.

No Crosby though....

VOB
12-23-2003, 12:45 PM
As things stand right now, Canada will be in over their heads against Finland. The Finns absoultly crushed Austria and limited them to only 10 shots on goal.

I really expected a more dominant performance by Canada against a team that will be back in the B pool next year.

My prediction for Friday's game: Finland 3 Canada 0. (only Fluery's heroics will keep the score this close.)

Flames Draft Watcher
12-23-2003, 01:21 PM
As things stand right now, Canada will be in over their heads against Finland. The Finns absoultly crushed Austria and limited them to only 10 shots on goal.

I really expected a more dominant performance by Canada against a team that will be back in the B pool next year.

My prediction for Friday's game: Finland 3 Canada 0. (only Fluery's heroics will keep the score this close.)

Ahhh, nothing like making predictions based solely on the results of meaningless exhibition games. You putting money down on it?

L3DZ3P
12-23-2003, 02:10 PM

So if i follow your logic we should already count the american out?!

Brock
12-23-2003, 02:47 PM

The one thing we learn every year is that the exhibition games mean jack squat.

Another thing to take note, Canada rarely plays well against extremely inferior opponents.

jcpenny
12-23-2003, 02:52 PM
The one thing we learn every year is that the exhibition games mean jack squat.

Another thing to take note, Canada rarely plays well against extremely inferior opponents.
to add to your comments, canada never plays with full emotion in those exhibition games. Wait till the first game well see some bodies fly.

CharlieGirl
12-23-2003, 03:22 PM
I think it's encouraging that a completely different group of players scored the goals today. It shows that the team is multi-faceted, and any one of them can put it in the net on any given day.

BCCHL inactive
12-23-2003, 03:22 PM

So you're basing this on two meaningless exhibition games?

As somebody already mentioned, according to your logic, the Americans are already toast....and the Russians lost to a senior team in Russia, so I guess they're gone too right?

VOB
12-23-2003, 03:37 PM
So you're basing this on two meaningless exhibition games?

As somebody already mentioned, according to your logic, the Americans are already toast....and the Russians lost to a senior team in Russia, so I guess they're gone too right?

What I am saying is that Finland is a team to be reckoned with and if Canada plays anything like they did against Austria today, then yes they will be toast.

I still stand by my prediction of Finland 3 Canada 0!!

canucksfan
12-23-2003, 04:33 PM
What I am saying is that Finland is a team to be reckoned with and if Canada plays anything like they did against Austria today, then yes they will be toast.

I still stand by my prediction of Finland 3 Canada 0!!
The difference will be that Canada will not play like they did against Austria. They will play harder and better against the Fins. Canada goes easy on inferior oppents and it was exhibition which means the game was meaningless.

BCCHL inactive
12-23-2003, 06:03 PM

And just how do you know what Canada looked like against Austria?

If your location is correct (Michigan), on which network did you watch this game that was not even televised in Canada?

L3DZ3P
12-23-2003, 07:04 PM
And just how do you know what Canada looked like against Austria?

If your location is correct (Michigan), on which network did you watch this game that was not even televised in Canada?
Touché

chicpea*
12-23-2003, 07:25 PM

Now that's funny.

Canada does not tend to define themselves by their performances against drastically weaker teams. Sure, if their pp sucks, that's cause for concern; but if all lines are doing their jobs and getting warmed up, then a 6-1 score is nothing to be ashamed of. Far from it.
That said, they won't be riding these two insignificant wins into boxing day's contest. They will be nervous as he** for the first few shifts but will hopefully win.

I say Canada 4, Finland 2.
Go Dawes. Go Canada (and Ukraine).

Rabid Ranger
12-23-2003, 07:54 PM
Ahhh, nothing like making predictions based solely on the results of meaningless exhibition games. You putting money down on it?

I know I wouldn't. I'm sure Canada will be up for Finland, and the U.S. will surely play better (i.e more disciplined) when it's "for real". The bottom line though, is you can't underestimate any opponent, so I look for a convincing U.S. victory against Austria.

Fan.At
12-24-2003, 12:38 AM
I guess the reason why Canada did not score 13 against Austria like the Finns did is, that it was the third exhibition game for Austria and they adjusted better to the higher level. The Austrians may not be in the same class with Canada and Finland, but they aren't bad hockey players either. They at least know what it takes not to give up 13 goals after 3 games...

Just because of their exhibition results it is dumb to say that Finland is twice as good as Canada just because they scored more goals against Austria.

gopher
12-24-2003, 12:56 AM
I guess the reason why Canada did not score 13 against Austria like the Finns did is, that it was the third exhibition game for Austria and they adjusted better to the higher level. The Austrians may not be in the same class with Canada and Finland, but they aren't bad hockey players either. They at least know what it takes not to give up 13 goals after 3 games...

Just because of their exhibition results it is dumb to say that Finland is twice as good as Canada just because they scored more goals against Austria.

jep, i totally agree!!

note:
vanek wasn´t in the lineup!

Psycho Papa Joe
12-26-2003, 02:39 PM

Well at least you got the score right :p

Fedz
12-26-2003, 02:42 PM
Haha....That game was the complete opposite, heres how it should read

My prediction for Friday's game: Finland 0 Canada 3. (only Toivanen's heroics will keep the score this close.)