Looks like Khabby is back in Torts good graces!

Maximus
12-24-2003, 06:03 AM
Wasn't able to watch Khabby tonight on my dish last night, but looking at the numbers, it looks as if he didn't have too much action tonight as only 22 shots were fired upon him with only one getting by him. Anyone who saw the game, are the numbers lying and Khabby actually had to make some real tough saves, was the defense simply blocking alot of shots or were the Bruins simply a bit sluggish on the second game of their back to back games??

BTW: I notice Torterella is finally giving Khabby the playing time an elite goalie such as Khabby should have been getting from the get go. Yeah, I know Grahame was playing good in his games for the most part as well but IMO, there is a reason Grahame has been a journeymen goalie his whole career and a reason why Khabby is considered one of the Top 5 goalies in the world. Anyways, just an observation that I've made as it seems Torts is going to ride Khabby for awhile as he has been playing very well despite the lack of W's mostly due to the Lightning offense' terrible goal scoring slumber they've been in the past month or so......Any insights fellas?

-Maxie

Sotnos
12-24-2003, 06:39 AM
Khabi didn't have too much work last night, he made a few good saves, had one or two hit the post, a solid night but not a spectacular one.

I'm not sure what you mean about him being in Tort's "good graces" though. I never thought he was in the doghouse, as he's played great all year.

I just noticed yesterday that Grahame hasn't gotten a start since he got yanked from that terrible Montreal game. I'm a little surprised, as before this he was getting a start at least once a week or so. He'll definitely get a game in this weekend.

Maximus
12-24-2003, 07:03 AM
Khabi didn't have too much work last night, he made a few good saves, had one or two hit the post, a solid night but not a spectacular one.

I'm not sure what you mean about him being in Tort's "good graces" though. I never thought he was in the doghouse, as he's played great all year.

I just noticed yesterday that Grahame hasn't gotten a start since he got yanked from that terrible Montreal game. I'm a little surprised, as before this he was getting a start at least once a week or so. He'll definitely get a game in this weekend.

What I mean Sotnos and thus my comment about Khabby being in Torts "good graces", is pretty much what you stated: Ever since the game Grahame was pulled and Khabby relieved him, apparently Torts decided that Khabby was going to get more PT and Grahame was going to sit more. Before the Habs game, seemingly Grahame was playing 1 of every 3 games. Now though, it looks as if Torts is going to go with a more appropo 1 in every 4 games type of ratio. I say appropriate because IMO, a goalie the quality of Khabby, should be getting 3 to 4 of every 4-5 games. Not trying to diss Grahame who has proven to be a very good backup but that's what he is.....a backup!. Way it was looking for awhile, despite Khabby having looked stupendous 90-95% of the time this season, Torts was giving Grahame alot more starts than I expected. I realize the fact there was no KHodson around anymore and rather a solid backup like Grahame instead, gave Torts the confidence to rest Khabby more but I was starting to wonder if there was going to be a platoon or something.

Anyways, its nice to see Khabby getting the playing time he deserves as if it weren't for him, the Lightning would not be tying games or losing 2-1 or 3-2 but they'd be getting blown out instead. Hope that helps in explaining what I meant.....

-Maxie

Sotnos
12-24-2003, 08:00 AM
I see what you mean. I thought you might be one of those people who used Khabi's benching in the playoffs as proof that "Torts doesn't like Khabi" or some such nonsense. ;)

I certainly don't mind Grahame getting starts, since he's been great for us, but I like to see Khabi play as often as possible myself.

Maximus
12-31-2003, 11:40 AM
I see what you mean. I thought you might be one of those people who used Khabi's benching in the playoffs as proof that "Torts doesn't like Khabi" or some such nonsense. ;)

I certainly don't mind Grahame getting starts, since he's been great for us, but I like to see Khabi play as often as possible myself.

NO not at all Sotnos. I believe that playoff "benching" by Torts was merely a ploy to see if the Lightning could stay in the series as nothing else was working vs the Devils.

Its truly amazing that the 'Ning can't score friggin goals with the talent they have. Once again Khabby only gives up 2 goals and he's got not even a chance of sniffing a W or even a tie....This has been one bizarre year for your Lightning. I still think they have one monster hot streak left in them which will get them easily into the playoffs. But that streak better start darn soon.

BTW Sotnos or any of you other Tampa heads: Who gets the call tonight in net......Khabby or Grahame...eh? If my theory is correct and Torts truly is going to ride Khabby seeing that he is the last reason the Lightning are struggling, he should get the call as Grahame played two games ago....I guess we'll see soon enough

-Maxie

Maximus
12-31-2003, 12:37 PM
Well aint I the fool? Didn't realize the Lightning/Panther game was an afternoon affair and Khabby did get the nod from Torterello......good for him.

As far as the game, its 2-2 right now as Richards scored on a PP and Stillman got the other one I see. Wow.....Danny Boyle actually got himself on the scoresheet other than for being negative 1 or 2 in the plus/minus columns as he garnered with an assist on the BRichards PP goal....

Hopefully Khabby won't give up another goal cause if he does, the way the 'Ning offense has been executing the past month or so, it will be lights out.....we'll see

-Maxie