Finns Viking Cup Roster ! Info ?

Nielson81
12-25-2003, 07:00 PM
Hey Guys,

I will be broadcasting the Viking Cup which gets started on Saturday in Camrose Alberta! I have posted the finnish roster below, if any of you know anything about these players please post what you know !!!!! Maybe even some prounounciations.

I know Jesse Joensuu is going to be a top prospect in the 2006 draft? If oyu have more about him!! Or anyone else please let me know!! I know Hannu Toivunen was the starting goalie for the Finns in 2002!

Thanks guys,
Dustin Nielson
www.anysportanytime.com

PS is this a strong or weak team ? What are some strengths/weaknesses!

FINLAND

No
Family Name
Given Name
Pos
Club

Ramo
Kari
G
Pelicans Lahti

Gardstrom
Tuomas
LD
KooKoo Kouvola

Turunen
Antti
RD
JYP Jyvaskyla

Korhonen
Risto
RD
Karpat Oulu

Kulmala
Vesa
LD
Jokerit Helsinki

Laakso
Teemu
RD
IFK Helsinki

Leppanen
Erkka
LD
JYP Jyvaskyla

Ruohola
Jussi
RD
HPK Hameenlinna

Alikoski
Mikko
LW
Karpat Oulu

Finell
Joni
RW
Blues Espoo

Lahti
Miika
C
JYP Jyvaskyla

Wirtanen
Petteri
C
HPK Hameenlinna

Sailio
Jari
LW
HPK Hameenlinna

Jokila
Jarmo
C
TPS Turku

Koistinen
Matti
LD
Tappara Tampere

Laine
Tommi
RW
TPS Turku

Joensuu
Jesse
RW
Assat Pori

Jaatinen
Antti
LW
Tappara Tampere

Uronen
Jesse
RW
Jokerit Helsinki

Kiiskinen
Tuomas
C
KalPa Kuopio

Lehtonen
Ossipekka
LW
TPS Turku

Peramaki
Niklas
C
TPS Turku

Tuomainen
Miikka
LW
TuTo Hockey Turku

Korpikoski
Lauri
C
TPS Turku

Jaske
Teemu
RD
Ahmat Hyvinkaa

Heino
Henri
C
Pelicans Lahti

Rask
Tuukka
G
Ilves Tampere

Ahlqvist
Aleksis
G
JYP Jyväskylä

Head Coach: Harri Ahola
Coach: Mika Marttila
Goaltending Coach: Hannu Makela
Team Manager: Jari Karppinen
Physician: Tapio Makinen
Physiotherapist: Olli Ceder
Equipment Manager: Esa Maunula

Padawan
12-26-2003, 12:43 AM
Erkka Leppanen is a very promising d-man. He has been training with the JYP SM-Liiga team and has played SM-Liiga game despite the fact that he was then only 16 (now 17 years old). In that game he got one assist and 2 PIM. Pretty good for a first timer D-man. JYP SM-Liiga coach Matti Alatalo has said that Leppanen is probably the young player in JYP organization with most potential.

Aleksis Alhqvist has stolen the nr.1 goalie spot in JYP A-juniors. He is a year younger than the most of the A-juniors. JYP A-juniors' goalie coach Ari-Pekka Siekkinen (former SM-Liiga goalie) has said in an interview that Alhqvist is the best goalie in JYP's A-junior team despite them having great goalies. (At the time of the interview JYP had Tommi Tervo who is currently playing SM-Liiga games at Assat, Pori.) Alhqvist has shown that he has a great deal of potential.

Spiffy
12-26-2003, 06:16 AM
Jarmo Jokila might just be the most talented player in the TPS system since a certain #11 who now captains the Canadiens played there...

Nielson81
12-27-2003, 03:08 PM
Your help will come in handy, listen to my broadcast of the Finn game on Wednesday or Thursday...to many games this week!

Unbiased Canadian

Spiffy
12-28-2003, 01:45 AM
My cousin who has seen quite a few TPS jr. games lately says that the most dangerous area for Jarmo Jokila is around the right faceoff circle, appearantly he is an imminent scoring threat with his wrister when he works his way there.

MaV
12-29-2003, 01:40 AM
Your web archive of the broadccasts seem to be working well. Good job!

I also listened to interview of Mr. Karppinen, he seemed to be a little nervous there.

He mentioned Jarmo Jokila and Mikko Alikoski as the interesting players for scouts. Now, they both were top scorers in U17 World Junior cup earlier this season, Jokila leading the tournament over Sydney Crosby etc. Anyway, they are both quite small players and espacially for Alikoski it'll be hard to get drafted.

The best prospects in the team are the younger guys who are eligible in 2005. Rask, Korhonen, Leppänen, Lahti and so on. I'm of course hoping for Laakso to do well. I'd say Rask and Joensuu are the players we most likely see in NHL in the future.

Also, Jarmo Jokila is related to Janne Jokila who played in Syracuse AHL.

Spiffy
12-29-2003, 01:51 AM
Also, Jarmo Jokila is related to Janne Jokila who played in Syracuse AHL.
yep... They're brothers if I am not mistaken.