Nice Game Today...

Tucker
12-28-2003, 08:59 AM
USA is just a more dominating hockey team but you are up and coming...maybe in 10 years you will catch us at the WJC's.

kajoo
12-28-2003, 01:48 PM
5:0 looks really ugly. Sadly, base of Slovak hockey is narrow. Slovakia is able to build up good competitive U-20 team just once in 2-3 yrs. This yearīs team shall be struggling probably, although draw with Russia two days ago wasnīt bad result at all.

Freaky Habs Fan
12-29-2003, 11:12 AM
How was Halak in these games? Can you give an overall ranking (on 10)
I'm an Habs fan and I'm pretty high on him. Do you think he can be good enough to be a starter in the NHL?

kajoo
12-29-2003, 12:52 PM
Sorry but games are not televised, all I do know about this tournament comes from www.hokej.sk or newspapers. Very few or no details for making any statement.

Halak was the best goalie of last U-18 Worldīs, now he allowed 7 goals in two games. Sounds a bit much but against Russians he played (acc.newspapers) excellent. In the game with US team Slovak team tried to open the game after second goal of Americans what brought after all more room for US boys in front of Halak. Acc.Slovak newspapers he havenīt allowed softie.

V for Voodoo
01-01-2004, 01:21 PM
[QUOTE=kajoo]now he allowed 7 goals in two games. QUOTE]

after two straight shutouts, make that 7 goals in four games, which is great