Finnish players in Norway. Have you heard of them?

Haaland
12-29-2003, 02:58 PM
I'm from Stavanger, Norway. Our hockeyteam Stavanger Oilers are owned by a Finnish millionaire, and therefore we have a lot of Finnish players in our squad. Have anyone of you heard of these guys?

Joni Hallikainen (G)
Tomi Haapaniemi (G)
Juha Kaunismäki (D)
Topi Lehtonen (D)
Jari Kesti (F)
Juha Myllymaa (F)
Pekka Kärkkäinen (F)
Teemu Kohvakka (F)
Tomi Suoniemi (F)

Our GM is Finnish too btw! Matti Riekkinen

psycho_dad
12-29-2003, 03:10 PM
I'm from Stavanger, Norway. Our hockeyteam Stavanger Oilers are owned by a Finnish millionaire, and therefore we have a lot of Finnish players in our squad. Have anyone of you heard of these guys?

Joni Hallikainen (G)
Tomi Haapaniemi (G)
Juha Kaunismäki (D)
Topi Lehtonen (D)
Jari Kesti (F)
Juha Myllymaa (F)
Pekka Kärkkäinen (F)
Teemu Kohvakka (F)
Tomi Suoniemi (F)

Our GM is Finnish too btw! Matti Riekkinen

I thought Topi Lehtonen came back to Finland, actually I am pretty sure of that. He came back to Rauman Lukko and has played OK. There's also been some talk about Ville Piekkola going to Stavanger from Lukko.

Pekka Kärkkäinen and Teemu Kohvakka ring a bell, the others are less known names to me.

Haaland
12-29-2003, 03:33 PM
I thought Topi Lehtonen came back to Finland, actually I am pretty sure of that. He came back to Rauman Lukko and has played OK. There's also been some talk about Ville Piekkola going to Stavanger from Lukko.

Pekka Kärkkäinen and Teemu Kohvakka ring a bell, the others are less known names to me.

That's right! Topi went back to Finland.

The Piekkola-trade were supposed to go through today, but i haven't heard anything. We're trying to sign Lukko's forward Hermanni Vidman too. That was also supposed to be confirmed today, but since I still haven't heard anything, and my clock says 2:27AM we'll have to hope for tomorrow.

My inside informants in the local press tell me though, that one of the trades will fall through, but we'll see.

mlä
12-29-2003, 09:38 PM
Kohvakka and Kärkkäinen has played in JYP, Jyväskylä previous. www.jypht.fi

Who owns that Oilers?

Spiffy
12-30-2003, 03:29 AM
Kohvakka and Kärkkäinen has played in JYP, Jyväskylä previous. www.jypht.fi

Who owns that Oilers?
I am guessing you are having the same suspicion as I do for who owns it... :D

Haaland
12-30-2003, 07:02 AM
I am guessing you are having the same suspicion as I do for who owns it... :D

Hartti Kristola... Do you know him?

Spiffy
12-30-2003, 09:03 AM
Hartti Kristola... Do you know him?
Nopes. My suspicion was that it could've been Mr. Harkimo...

Haaland
12-30-2003, 02:49 PM
Nopes. My suspicion was that it could've been Mr. Harkimo...

Ok. I've never heard of him. Should I have?

Chevy Cheveldae
12-30-2003, 04:23 PM
Ok. I've never heard of him. Should I have?

Belive his first name is Hjallis, right ?

He bought a major share of Swedish team AIK a couple of years ago and put some finnish players in their team, but it didn't really have the affect he was hoping for

Now AIK is down in "allsvenskan" having trouble with their economy and rebuilding their team.

Spiffy
12-31-2003, 12:10 AM
Belive his first name is Hjallis, right ?

He bought a major share of Swedish team AIK a couple of years ago and put some finnish players in their team, but it didn't really have the affect he was hoping for

Now AIK is down in "allsvenskan" having trouble with their economy and rebuilding their team.
Yep... Harri "Hjallis" Harkimo.

pihinalle
01-01-2004, 09:13 AM
Yep... Harri "Hjallis" Harkimo.
Isn't it HarrY?

Spiffy
01-01-2004, 09:19 AM
Isn't it HarrY?
You are right. Sorry, my mistake...

Haaland
01-02-2004, 01:23 PM
And Stavanger Oilers have officially signed Ville Piekkola and Hermanni Vidman! Woohoo! :handclap:

What can we expect from them?

BellBoy77
01-03-2004, 03:58 AM
And Stavanger Oilers have officially signed Ville Piekkola and Hermanni Vidman! Woohoo! :handclap:

What can we expect from them?

I don't really know either player well but I think Vidman can be a good add to your team! It's good opportunity for him to get more icetime.

By the way, what's the deal with Espen Knutsen? I heard that Columbus bought out his contract. Is that correct? And where is he playing now is it true that he went to Russia? Sorry this is off topic question, but Im curious...

Chevy Cheveldae
01-03-2004, 05:05 AM
I don't really know either player well but I think Vidman can be a good add to your team! It's good opportunity for him to get more icetime.

By the way, what's the deal with Espen Knutsen? I heard that Columbus bought out his contract. Is that correct? And where is he playing now is it true that he went to Russia? Sorry this is off topic question, but Im curious...

Espen has signed for Djurgården in Sweden

The thing with Dynamo Moscow didn't work out somehow, he was ready to go there but they didn't sign him....

He'll be in Sweden the next 3 years i belive