Rostislav Olesz

Le Petit Viking
12-30-2003, 08:08 AM
He's rank #2 behind Ovechkin, but is he a franchise player and to who can we compare this guy ?

He got good size 6'2, 205 and he's playing well for the Czech in the WJC.

Feed me please

Le Petit Viking
12-31-2003, 10:49 AM
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=6544&mode=threaded&order=0

Interesting article on him !

A Jagr2 maybe ?

endacka
01-01-2004, 09:56 AM
Olesz is playing for Vitkovice, not Katovice, as was written in the article.
Here are his stats: 27GP 1G 10A 11P 6+/- 10PIM.
He might be a power forward in the NHL but he sure is not Jagr2. He hits people more and he lacks the unbelievable skill Jagr posses.

Le Petit Viking
01-01-2004, 06:12 PM
Olesz is playing for Vitkovice, not Katovice, as was written in the article.
Here are his stats: 27GP 1G 10A 11P 6+/- 10PIM.
He might be a power forward in the NHL but he sure is not Jagr2. He hits people more and he lacks the unbelievable skill Jagr posses.

Thanks a lot about the info !

eh
01-02-2004, 12:17 AM
I've seen him play three times in the WJC so far and he has been the best Czech forward on ice. There isn't really anything not to like about this guy: he never quits trying, he has tons of skill (maybe not unbeliavable like Jagr but anyway), great vision, good shot, more grit than the rest of his team put together. I think he could very well be a franchise player in the NHL.

TheBrew
02-03-2004, 01:44 AM
I've seen him play three times in the WJC so far and he has been the best Czech forward on ice. There isn't really anything not to like about this guy: he never quits trying, he has tons of skill (maybe not unbeliavable like Jagr but anyway), great vision, good shot, more grit than the rest of his team put together. I think he could very well be a franchise player in the NHL.Any word on his concussian problems? :dunno:

Dr_Chimera*
02-03-2004, 04:40 AM
Any word on his concussian problems? :dunno:

What concussion problems? He had a minor one at the WJC's and has long since recovered.

endacka
02-04-2004, 09:08 AM
Yes, he is OK, he was even named to the Czech national team for Swedish Games, but does not go cause he was highsticked in his last Extraleagues game and that caused some problems. Nothing in common with the concussion.

TheBrew
02-05-2004, 08:04 PM
What concussion problems? He had a minor one at the WJC's and has long since recovered.Oh sorry i heard he had a history of them before the world juniors :) but what do you see him becoming a Sniper a Playmaker or a bit of both :dunno: i also heard he likes to get physical Thanks for any info.