boyle

Advocate
12-30-2003, 11:48 AM
Hey guys,

Im in a keeper leauge (pts only) and am looking to trade for dan boyle...ibut I just wanted some thoughts on him. Is he a one season wonder or is there something wrong with his play this season that can be explained. I know he got injured, but he hasnt done anything since his return.

thanks in advance

1Timer
12-30-2003, 01:37 PM
I'm a bit of a Boyle homer/apologist, so I don't think he's a one-year wonder. The fact of the matter is that no one on the team's scoring, period.

If our PP was working then his numbers, IMHO, would be up a bit, but we just went 0-for-7 with only a glimpse of a dominant PP. One of many factors.

joeminus
12-30-2003, 01:57 PM
Are Boyle's numbers bad because the PP isn't producing, or are the PP numbers bad because Boyle's not producing?

1Timer
12-30-2003, 02:17 PM
Fair enough, Joe. It's just as right to say that one's (at least partially) the product of another, since neither of our point men are doing too much.

Boyle should be the catalyst on the PP, and he hasn't been this year.

Luke154
12-30-2003, 03:40 PM
Fair enough, Joe. It's just as right to say that one's (at least partially) the product of another, since neither of our point men are doing too much.

Boyle should be the catalyst on the PP, and he hasn't been this year.

ST.Louis has been the only player producing so u cant blame boyle

petec1978*
12-30-2003, 09:44 PM
Are Boyle's numbers bad because the PP isn't producing, or are the PP numbers bad because Boyle's not producing?

The former... otherwise you'd see Boyle's IT cut rather than seeing Torts scramble to figure out which flavor of the week (Richards, St. Louis, Stillman, and (yuck) even Lukowich tried) to put in the lefty point man slot opposite of Boyle to try to break the slump.

If anything concerns me, its that Dan's not taking enough chances at even strength. The reason he's not taking those chances though is because this team is constantly playing in 2-1 games because the forwards can't buy a goal... so he doesn't feel he can afford to take those chances.

-Pete Choquette

joeminus
01-06-2004, 06:56 PM
{rant mode}

I don't know about anyone else (actually, yes I do, I know exactly what everyone else will say), but I'm getting pretty god d**n sick of watching Boyle screw around deep in his own zone with the puck. Tonight he lived up to the "Turnover City" billing we got from Panther fans when he was acquired. Terrible effort tonight, from getting physically dominated to the indecision with the puck to the unnecessarily risky attempts to do too much. Feaster needs to make a move for another puck-moving D-man for no other reason than to take pressure off this guy. I'll admit he had an exceptional season last year, but Boyle's regressed back to his former self and has no business playing 25 minutes per night (other than the fact that nobody else on the team does either). I've been hesitant to say anything for much of the season because I know most of the other posters I respect think highly of Boyle, but tonight was the last straw. This guy is struggling and needs to simplify his game, focus on fundamentals and start making the smart play. Safe may be death, but unnecessarily dangerous is even worse.

{/rant mode}

petec1978*
01-07-2004, 01:21 AM
Its a little over the top to crucify Boyle over having this one bad game. Defensively he's been the stronger of the two on his pairing with Lukowich all season.

-Pete Choquette

Bolthed
01-09-2004, 01:30 AM
Aw, c'mon, let Joey have his one cozy, little hatred! :)

I think he secretly finds Boyler attractive (especially with the stubble) and that's what makes him so uncomfortable to watch. Just typing the words "down low" and "Boyle" in the same sentence fires up the latent self-hating homoeroticism.

Hahaha! Just playin' with you, Joey! I haven't made myself laugh like that since, well, yesterday.

joeminus
01-09-2004, 08:52 AM
... physically dominated ...

I am so gay.

joeminus
01-09-2004, 08:53 AM
I am so gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

Big Kov
01-09-2004, 10:08 AM
Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

Nah, course not. I have many gay friends.....my fathers gay :p

Oceanic39*
01-09-2004, 10:30 AM
Nah, course not. I have many gay friends.....my fathers gay :p

HA!