Joensuu Scores in OT Finns Advance To Semi's

Nielson81
01-02-2004, 12:06 PM
Hey Guys,

I just finished calling the Finland Swiss game at the Viking Cup and it was an azing game. The Finns ended up winning 3-2 in overtime and Jesse Joensuu who won player of the game for the Finns scored 1:11 into OT for his 2nd of the tournament, and I must say this kid may have the potential to be one of the best Finns ever, when he turns it on the Swiss could not control him, oh ya and he just turned 16 lol.

Anyway they play tommorow in the semi's most likely against the Czech's who are unbeaten, I won't be calling the game but the Habs aren't on TV i might drive out and watch it.

Also those who spoke highly of Jarmo Jokila, after today's game I see the comparison's to Saku, he was brilliant 4 assists in the tourney now.

And as for Wiirtenan (spelling?) he plays on a line with Jokila and Alikoski and all 3 players skate very well and move the puck great! I think comparison's to Ylonen are fair.

Unbiased Canadian

Sampe
01-02-2004, 01:19 PM
Thanks, very nice to hear that we might get ourselves some decent forwards for a change. How would you describe Joensuu as a player btw? I've heard that he's somewhat of a power forward, which would indicate that his style is closer to Olli Jokinen than Koivu & Selšnne. Is he more of a scorer than a playmaker or the other way around?

Nielson81
01-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Thanks, very nice to hear that we might get ourselves some decent forwards for a change. How would you describe Joensuu as a player btw? I've heard that he's somewhat of a power forward, which would indicate that his style is closer to Olli Jokinen than Koivu & Selšnne. Is he more of a scorer than a playmaker or the other way around?

The first thing I thought of when I saw this kid was Olli Jokinen, I'm pretty sure he is already as tall as Jokinen and has the frame to be as big. I think he is more of a scorer then a playmaker and the good news is that he can create plays by himself then rather wait for someone to get him the puck. Oh ya and he likes the physical play as well, he ended up on top of the Swiss goalie 3 times today!!

I love this kid.
Unbiased Canadian

Flonaldo
01-03-2004, 12:57 AM
Thanks a bunch for your comments!

btw, it's Wirtanen