Finns Win Viking Cup....

Nielson81
01-04-2004, 09:37 PM
Hey Guys

The Finns hammered the USA tonight 8-2 to win gold at the Viking Cup. It was a huge win because everyone was expecting the USA to win after they had dominated the tournament.

The Finns really hit there stride I can't wait to see this team develop over the next couple of years.

Go to vikingcup.com for photos, scores etc.

Unbiased Canadian

teme
01-04-2004, 10:22 PM
Way to go!

I read the recap, but in your opinion did any of the Finns really stand out? I've heard that Alikoski and Jokila are skilled if small, and Joensuu and Korhonen are supposed to be the next top prospects, but apart from them I really don't know the guys in the team.

Faaxinho
01-05-2004, 07:04 AM
That's great from Finland. I too don't know many of these players. I have played against Alikoski (Kärpät) and Korhonen (Kärpät, I think it was Hokki or Laser HT back then). Alikoski is quite small but very skilled player. Others I know are Joensuu, Rask, Ahlqvist and Jokila. It seems that goaltending isn't going to be a problem for Finland in the future.

Pekka Lampinen
01-06-2004, 01:12 AM
In case somebody hasn't scoured the tourney site nor other sources thoroughly, let it be known that Teemu Laakso was named the tourney's best defenseman and Tuukka Rask not only the best goalie, but the best player as well.