Couple rumors...

Erack82
01-11-2004, 08:23 AM
Lately I've been hearing the name Alexei Zhamnov and Tampa Bay Lightning in the same sentence. The Chicago announcer noted that the Lightning have been watching the Hawks alot of late? I'm not sure if that in fact would be for Zhamnov or another player. Then I heard on CBC a blurb that a couple other teams were interested in him, as well as the Lightning?

After hearing that, I decided to go check out the rumors board and I saw this floating around.
TB- Zhamnov for Svitov
TB- Zhamnov,5th for Lukowich,Polushin
TB- Zhamnov for Alexeev,But,3rd

A legit #1 talent @ 4+ million a season, and also a UFA after this season. Have you guys heard anything about this?

Peter Griffin
01-11-2004, 08:28 AM
Those proposals you have there were created by a dellusional fan. Don't put much thought into them...

Erack82
01-11-2004, 08:30 AM
Those proposals you have there were created by a dellusional fan. Don't put much thought into them...

Oh I know, but I figured I would throw that out on the table to get some feedback :D :lol:

petec1978*
01-11-2004, 11:03 AM
If I'm not mistaken Zhamnov is in his UFA year, which means Chicago would do well to get a mid-range prospect/pick for the guy.

I don't think he makes a good fit here. We already are deep at center. Its far more likely the Lightning are just scouting the Hawks in general looking for some meat to pick off that road kill of a carcass when trading season comes around.

-Pete Choquette

petec1978*
01-11-2004, 11:20 AM
I see NOTHING on the Hawks that would make sense to acquire. NOTHING. They're not going to trade their good young kids and everyone else is either too injured or too expensive to be worth considering.

Unless Karpovtsev is in a rent-a-player situation or the Hawks are willing to eat at least half of the $3.1M he's pulling down, I'll pass on just about everything they've got.

-Pete Choquette

aapbolt
01-11-2004, 05:05 PM
How is Daze? I understand he is hurt but do not kow the extent of his injury. Would the bolts be interested in him? I would like to see him play with Vinny because Daze is a go to the net type of player which I think we need, but would not trade for damaged goods. Otherwise I have not seen anyone we could get from Chicago that would fit on our team, unless there is some trade involving Thibault, but even then that would make no sense.

Sotnos
01-11-2004, 05:58 PM
Thibault had surgery I think, he's been out for a while.

petec1978*
01-11-2004, 09:13 PM
I believe Daze just had the second back surgery of his career...

I doubt like hell the Lightning make the financial commitment necessary to bring in a guy with that kind of chronic injury problem. Back problems generally don't go away, they only fester with time. I think Gretzky's is the only one that I can remember that didn't come back and manifest itself later in his career.

-Pete Choquette

aapbolt
01-12-2004, 05:51 PM
thanks much for the info, that is too bad about Daze.

exterminator-x
01-12-2004, 08:13 PM
I believe Daze just had the second back surgery of his career...

Didn't Zhamnov just come back from back surgery?

Rschmitz
01-13-2004, 08:20 AM
yes, this team has had bad luck dealing with peeps with chronic injuries

see Puppa,