This has to be said: Mark Schultz is a ****ING idiot.

Unsustainable
10-31-2007, 05:45 PM
I just had to get this off my chest. This guy is an absolute baffoon. How did he even gain employment with such a fine organization? He's ridiculous. Did anyone else cringe when he did his "have yourself a merry little christmas" routine during the PPV lastnight? I wanted to shoot myself. Everytime I'm at an Oilers game and he's on the jumbo-tron, I want to commit suicide. The man is a dog kicker, and baby puncher. Get him a new job LaForge, preferably cleaning toilets. A job probably isn't even qualified for.

T-Funk
10-31-2007, 05:50 PM
yeah i dont really understand why they think a guy who got fired from the worst tv station in the city is good for them

nuahs
10-31-2007, 05:51 PM
i agree i can't stand this guy at all

oilfan20
10-31-2007, 05:55 PM
Not a big fan of his, but when he was here in Yellowknife he was really good as the MC for the charity supper, as well as just a few different engagments that he did over the weekend. Seemed like a real funny guy.

Having said that I agree, some (all) of his PPV or live at the game routines are hard to handle.

stratedge
10-31-2007, 06:01 PM
The whole PPV broadcast needs to be redesigned from scratch. But yeah, he was one of the lo-lites.

Another thing that was so bad I wanted my money back was the "isolation camera" thingy they were doing on Horcoff and others... huge waste of TV screen real estate, especially the way they were bending the image of the game on the left side. Record that stuff and if something interesting happens, show it to us during an intermission or TV timeout. Hell, if you're as desperate for filler as it seems, just show it during the breaks period. But when the game is on, SHOW THE DAMN GAME!

Lupulfan*
10-31-2007, 06:03 PM
So because you don't like his style, he's a f ****** idiot?

Big man.

Unsustainable
10-31-2007, 06:04 PM
I agree 110% in re: to the mini camera focussed on a certain player for their entire shift. It does nothing but detract from the quality of the broadcast.

NMK
10-31-2007, 06:07 PM
He's aweful. Just a thought, but based on the horrible production value of the OPPV, do you think they hired the cheapest guy they could find? He was probably desperate to get back on TV.

Unsustainable
10-31-2007, 06:08 PM

Big man.

His style? Sorry but you're implying that he actually HAS style. He clearly does not. He acts like he's hot ****. I have no time for pompous asshats. The man has no business working as a public speaker. Period.

RKD
10-31-2007, 06:14 PM
I don't know. He's not my style, but I wouldn't parade around a public forum calling him an "asshat" or any number of the other profanities you chose to describe him with.

I did cringe when he sang the Christmas song, but by no means did I want to kill myself like you wanted to.

Different strokes, I guess.

For the record, his name is Scholz.

Section337
10-31-2007, 06:15 PM
Maybe it is because he replaced Ron Rimmer in the role, but he seems to do a decent job in the fluff pieces during commercials and intermissions on the big screen at games. Shows some enthusiasm, makes up for contestants speaking in monosyllables, and usually hits the mark in the amount of time he is supposed to take.

Admittedly if they ever ask him to do out-of-town scores during the intermission it is quite bad.

Girth
10-31-2007, 06:16 PM
His style? Sorry but you're implying that he actually HAS style. He clearly does not. He acts like he's hot ****. I have no time for pompous asshats. The man has no business working as a public speaker. Period.

Asshat is a style :naughty:

jsho
10-31-2007, 06:18 PM

I think he has style....but most the clothes arent his.;)

But he is pretty annoying.

Unsustainable
10-31-2007, 06:28 PM
Asshat is a style :naughty:

Touché good Sir. Touché.

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2
10-31-2007, 06:28 PM
I agree with whoever said he is SO much better than Rimer so maybe that is why we are thankful? Also if they ever let Jenny Adams help out again I may vomit...

Section337
10-31-2007, 06:31 PM
I agree with whoever said he is SO much better than Rimer so maybe that is why we are thankful? Also if they ever let Jenny Adams help out again I may vomit...

Was she the one trying to hypnotize us with her cleavage during the first game of the year?

AM
10-31-2007, 06:34 PM
I dont really like the guy, but I liked him alot less last year.

I think they are learning what works, the hard way for us :)

AM
10-31-2007, 06:35 PM
Was she the one trying to hypnotize us with her cleavage during the first game of the year?

I dont remember that, I must have been drinking too much.

SpaceCam
10-31-2007, 06:37 PM
So who is this guy? And who is Jenny Adams?
I have NHL Center Ice, so I don't get the PPV broadcasts.

Speaking of broadcasts, even with Center Ice, I still have not seen a Rogers Oilers broadcast since the Phily game!
I miss Quinn & Ferraro dammit!

awesomo
10-31-2007, 06:40 PM
you guys should actually pay attention to some of his movements and stuff. I think hes drunk when he does these. Just watch next time... he is totally out of it

MrMackey
10-31-2007, 06:48 PM
I CAN'T STAND THAT GUY!!!

I'm glad someone said it and it seems that 100 Helens agree.

I can't tell you how frustrating it is when I am paying $14 for a PPV game and can't get a replay or the time left on a PP - but I'm reminded at every TV timeout where my money is going.

Attn Oilers broadcast crew: Get rid of Schultz and spend his salary on a proper timeclock (I like to know how much time is left in a PP/period/game). And while you're at it, get rid of that ******, pulsing copper square graphic with the "Let's go" music... it was crap last year, and its still crap.

dashingsilverfox*
10-31-2007, 06:51 PM

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Giant Moo
10-31-2007, 06:51 PM
The whole PPV is a gong show!

Scholtz was absolutely dreadful last night. I don't know who gave him the go-ahead to sing, but they need to be fired immediately.

The other night when Principe was using the ice crew's shovel and hacksaw as props for a piece about Burke vs. Lowe, I hoped he was going to trip and fall in the wheelbarrow.

Also agreed on how bad the "isocam" thing is, that reduces the game to a quarter of the screen size and you can't see anything.

Let's also talk about the intermission pieces. The thing with the players driving around was lame as hell. The thing about the inner city school was repeated approximately fifteen times (I get it, you have a charity).

How about Rob Brown talking for about 5 minutes straight during the first period during the play? How about playing audio interviews during the play? I'd rather hear the sounds and the call of the game.

Only way it could get worse is if somehow they managed to get Cassie Campbell and Greg Millen do do play-by-play and colour.

T-Funk
10-31-2007, 06:54 PM

Big man.

lupulfan

Phrost
10-31-2007, 07:01 PM
This whole production could be solved if they just mic'd up every player and let the profanities fly throughout the game. Who needs announcers! Id definitely buy that

HFPM
10-31-2007, 07:09 PM
I think we've all known for a while that the Oilers media team is completely bush league. I always get a laugh out of the fact that Sportsnet as a whole is downright putrid, yet their graphics and in-game features are far superior.

Heavy Dee
10-31-2007, 07:10 PM
I just had to get this off my chest. This guy is an absolute baffoon. How did he even gain employment with such a fine organization? He's ridiculous. Did anyone else cringe when he did his "have yourself a merry little christmas" routine during the PPV lastnight? I wanted to shoot myself. Everytime I'm at an Oilers game and he's on the jumbo-tron, I want to commit suicide. The man is a dog kicker, and baby puncher. Get him a new job LaForge, preferably cleaning toilets. A job probably isn't even qualified for.

totally disagree...i had the opportunity to meet this guy last year when my daugters played a minor hockey game at the interemission that he hosted...very first class, professional and accomodating...cant say a bad thing

Replacement
10-31-2007, 07:35 PM
Sholtz acts like a buffoon. Not my thing and aggravating in the 155guys acted that way in highschool kind of way.

I suppose somebody likes this kinda thing and knock knock jokes and the whole bad radio humor genre.

His singing "its beginning to look a lot like christmas" IMO befit the halloween eve occasion..truly scary:amazed:

dashingsilverfox*
10-31-2007, 07:57 PM
The guy in charge of Oiler's video production is Don Metz...and absolute professional with great credentials.

I can't believe he is associated with the Oilers PPV broadcast's which remind me of nothing more than the local sports coverage we used to get on Videotron (remember when) with Tim Dancy and crew. Just absolutely bush league.

Unfortunately, here on Vancouver Island, the NHL CI feed is the Oiler PPV feed rather than the opposing team's feed so I have to watch it too. Yuck.

Trizent
10-31-2007, 07:59 PM
Shloats seems like a nice enough guy. I don't want him on my ppv broadcasts or at the rink on the jumbotron though.

Reimer
10-31-2007, 10:12 PM

Like you said its a fine organization and they probably hire a guy like him to piss off the less than fine fans that this organization mostly has.

Vomiting Kermit*
10-31-2007, 10:34 PM
Patrick LaForge, Gene Principe, Mark Schultz, Rob Brown, and Morley Scott all need to be canned. It's embarrassing listening to these guys talk.

Giant Moo
10-31-2007, 10:36 PM
Patrick LaForge, Gene Principe, Mark Schultz, Rob Brown, and Morley Scott all need to be canned. It's embarrassing listening to these guys talk.

Morley Scott? Why?

Vomiting Kermit*
10-31-2007, 10:42 PM
Morley Scott? Why?
He could put up a good fight with Roger Millions as to who is a bigger homer. Maybe it's just me, but when I watch hockey games, I don't want to hear constant whining or over the top comments coming from the broadcasters.

Giant Moo
10-31-2007, 10:47 PM
He could put up a good fight with Roger Millions as to who is a bigger homer. Maybe it's just me, but when I watch hockey games, I don't want to hear constant whining or over the top comments coming from the broadcasters.

He's a homer, sure... he works for the team. But I don't see him in the same league as Roger Millions. He and Rod both consistently lambaste the team when they make stupid mistakes on the ice, as they should.

Pigsofa
10-31-2007, 11:24 PM
I think my favorite part was when the went to the 2 screen thing, and the big screen was a cash is king lottery, and the small screen was the actual game in play. The small screen was small enough on my big screen that I had to squint to see anything. I love paying and being forced to watch ads during the game, with priority over the game.

Not to mention the quality was garbage. I loved during the wild game that the score clock said detroit for the first 10 mins and that I had to argue with my buddies girlfriend that it wasn't detroit on the ice.(she could read otherwise and doesn't know anything about hockey, and just loves to pick fights. Real winner.)

I figure $13 could get me some hd, but instead I get horrible quality. Worst of the SD quality cams. Must have bought them seccond hand from 1992.

Lastly a colour comentator would be great. The game is called so dryly and penalties are usually called wrong, while you can actually hear the proper calls from the announcer.

I'm considering center ice so that I don't have to deal with the crap that is Molson Edmonton Oilers Pay Per View.

nye
10-31-2007, 11:44 PM
You're suffering a lack of luck.

If you have the option of PPV, those games would be blacked out on CI for you.

nye
10-31-2007, 11:47 PM
Oh, and the annoying Oilers in Focus... really bad.

Picture distorted at an angle in picture, with flashing... what are they? oil pipes?... adding distraction to the jumbled mess. Just totally awful.

It's like the producer doesn't have a clue.

Julio18
11-01-2007, 07:40 AM
crap commentary - crap segments - crap video feed

i hope they are working on changing the next ppv event from the ground up - scrap everything and start fresh. that schultz guy has got to go - what a ******! usually i am tolerant of mean jean, but these flowery little "skits" during the interlude / segway are half-witted at best. its clear the producer does not know what the audience wants and is struggling to create content.

they have to remember we rent the service to watch the game and not the side show of idiots that provide so-called entertainment. these broadcasts need to be pg-13 / r-rated because that is what people want to see. player's mic'd up hardly say anything because of the production - simply brutal! If you have ever laced up a pair of skates in a competitive league you know what goes on during the play.

turn down your speakers - not suitable for work - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmppE-SlBGw

They're taking an exciting and emotional game and trying to make it viewable for a general audience, when in fact, these productions should be targeted at a very specific demographic. Now i know the game has evolved in many ways, including the players approach on and off the ice, but maybe this is why we're seeing so many cheap hits and such. the game has gotten to 'marketable' and players can't be players anymore - the media is everywhere. for example - get macguire off the ice surface unless we get to hear the true nature of the game. anyway, i digress.

the entire approach needs to be examined - think mma, not teletubbies. maybe dora the explorer had a more profound effect on some than others....

so until the next 'production', i'll remain sad to see the state of the game, but because I'm an Oil fan and love hockey in general, I'll rent the crap again... love makes us do the weirdest things.

HappyPanda
11-01-2007, 08:52 AM
I'm always thankful that I have a PVR and I can fast forward through all the stoppages in play. I used to think about listening to the commentary between whistles, so I tried it. Then I stopped doing that. :D

TheDarkestOne
11-01-2007, 11:15 AM
I have been buying the PPV's since they started airing them. I for one, am happy to get a broadcast of a game that would otherwise be unavailable to me.

That being said..

Once again, there is allot of complaining, but few ideas on how to improve the broadcast. I think the main problem is that they are trying to do it "on the cheap", so to say. Inexpensive intermission vignettes, local "talent" behind the microphones, and cheaply produced commercials (in what is supposed to be a commercial free broadcast:handclap:). There doesn't seam to be much consideration other than getting the game on the air. Perhaps we need a "write in" campaign to offer suggestions.

Such as,...

1) a Don Cherry, or Cub Carson (remember him?) type of host. Gene's a nice guy, but too many "how does it feel" questions with pap answers, are not entertaining or informative. Get a host that Charlie Huddy wants to punch in the face, and you've got an interesting interview. Instead of "hey coach, how important was that first goal?" How about, "hey coach, what did MacT say to Jacques after he iced the puck?".

2) an experienced play by play guy that can generate some excitement. Morley's good on colour, and may develop into a good p by p guy, but he's not there yet. ( although he is an improvement over the Principe/Karius tandem)

3) why not an Oilers history moment. Show clips of some former players combined with an interview, Kind of a "where are they now" thing. BTW, what is Glenn Anderson up to these days? Ken Linseman? Rusty Patenaude? You get the idea. More interesting than Dustin Penner's crib?

The secret would be to produce these things cheaply, because until the PP's start to make some real coin, they aren't going to pump allot of cash into them.

any other ideas?

Wolfpack
11-01-2007, 11:44 AM
The whole PPV broadcast needs to be redesigned from scratch. But yeah, he was one of the lo-lites.

Another thing that was so bad I wanted my money back was the "isolation camera" thingy they were doing on Horcoff and others... huge waste of TV screen real estate, especially the way they were bending the image of the game on the left side. Record that stuff and if something interesting happens, show it to us during an intermission or TV timeout. Hell, if you're as desperate for filler as it seems, just show it during the breaks period. But when the game is on, SHOW THE DAMN GAME!

I am glad to hear I am not the only one who thought that isolation camera was brutal.

Manicmoose
11-01-2007, 12:10 PM
I have actually taken to changing the channel when M.S is on the screen. I am sure he is a nice guy outside of his work enviroment, but I refuse to listen to him. I feel compelled to plug my ears and screen NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH.... until the sound of his voice can no longer be heard. I found him annoying on A-Channel as well... I was sadden to see him on the PPV games and at the Oilers games.

Oh and the split screen thing... drives me bonkers... I buy a big tv so that I can see things larger then life not to have them shrunk down to a 22" screen... i think it even makes baby jesus cry when the ppv splits the screen. How could they do that to baby jesus.... sweet merciful crap....

420ilerBuzz*
11-01-2007, 12:45 PM
The production is cheap because the Oilers are cheap. I was asked by Andres Schwabe (Oiler's Webmaster) to do some audio (filler music etc.) for the PPV games - but compensation wasn't mentioned once and I got the distinct impression that he wanted me to do the work pro bono.

When it comes to Sholtz, he's not a bad guy and I think more than anything he plays a role that the Oilers want him to. He's better than Keera K (sp?) and Rimmer. I think they do need to find someone else though.

The PPV could be improved in so many ways. I just don't have the time at work to get them all down in this post.

Heavy Fuel
11-01-2007, 12:56 PM

Big man.

That's it, fights on after school out by the monkey bars...

I vote for Jenny doing yoga, push-ups, or anything else over another player interview...

http://www.realitytvworld.com/images/dbpeople/408.jpg

Giant Moo
11-01-2007, 04:01 PM
The production is cheap because the Oilers are cheap. I was asked by Andres Schwabe (Oiler's Webmaster) to do some audio (filler music etc.) for the PPV games - but compensation wasn't mentioned once and I got the distinct impression that he wanted me to do the work pro bono.

If you didn't ask, it's your fault. (Who does work "hoping" for payment? Not even a volunteer would)

If you did ask, and they said "no" or avoided it, that's really lame on their part.

WHAfanatic
11-01-2007, 04:16 PM

I think the whole PPV presentation is very 2nd rate, shoddy, amatuerish. In that sense, Mark fits right in b/c he comes across as communication arts student anyway. It annoys the hell out of me to pay good money for it some nights but they got me over a barrel if I want to see the game.

LawnDemon
11-01-2007, 04:38 PM

I can't see how anyone who does this could be considered "Bad"... Unless it was Delta Burke or Sally Struthers.

420ilerBuzz*
11-01-2007, 04:47 PM
If you didn't ask, it's your fault. (Who does work "hoping" for payment? Not even a volunteer would)

If you did ask, and they said "no" or avoided it, that's really lame on their part.

File it under the "avoided it" on their part... if you know what I mean.

Giant Moo
11-01-2007, 05:47 PM
File it under the "avoided it" on their part... if you know what I mean.

Not really... failed to remunerate you? Did you have a contract?

If you did, take them to small claims court. It would be shameful for the organization to stiff someone like that.

tips
11-01-2007, 05:58 PM
i'm not sure if anyone else caught it after the ducks ppv, but i had it on shaw cable, and after a delay of watching the honda centre clear out after the shootout, it switched over to the vancouver ppv game by itself which was already in progress. i watched it for a few mins just to see...

oh my lord what a difference.

awesome production value, the graphics were amazing (transitions especially), fantastic in-game score clock, stats, information etc, they even have their own custom made "canucks ppv" branded mics for the interviews that match the ppv graphics. It was all very nice and clean and professional looking. the announcers were good (i think they use the radio feed?) and didn't have any annoying fluff crap. the intermission(s) seem to be a bit like flames tv where they sit around a desk and discuss what the team is up to, but that is a hell of alot better then getting oil propaganda jammed down your throat at every spare second. even the flames ppv you can tell is better just by seeing highlights of a broadcasted game on TSN.

even though the oil's ppv has put a bit of a fresh coat of paint on some items this year (re-designed score clock and information graphics) but you can put all the make-up on a pig you want but it's still a pig.

they are well behind the production value of the flames ppv and light years behind the canucks ppv from what I have seen of both IMO. it's quite embarrassing and you would think that a better effort would be made to entertain the fans. the EIG can't seem to keep under wraps how much money they are reeling in these days, how about spend a bit of it on your ppv's? i could make a better production with final cut studio pro 2 and a mac pro.

for starters... yes, sholtz, that stupid in-game close up split screen thinger, and that "lets go" music with accompanying burnt orange flare graphics have got to go..... asap...

Captain Pilsner
11-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Wow, I see this thread going good places... but I cna't believe it took so long for this topic to surface.

Chalk me up for hating Scholz and refusing to buy PPV

SCAT
11-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Cant stand him. What a t00l.

MrMackey
11-01-2007, 07:28 PM
i'm not sure if anyone else caught it after the ducks ppv, but i had it on shaw cable, and after a delay of watching the honda centre clear out after the shootout, it switched over to the vancouver ppv game by itself which was already in progress. i watched it for a few mins just to see...

oh my lord what a difference.

awesome production value, the graphics were amazing (transitions especially), fantastic in-game score clock, stats, information etc, they even have their own custom made "canucks ppv" branded mics for the interviews that match the ppv graphics. It was all very nice and clean and professional looking. the announcers were good (i think they use the radio feed?) and didn't have any annoying fluff crap. the intermission(s) seem to be a bit like flames tv where they sit around a desk and discuss what the team is up to, but that is a hell of alot better then getting oil propaganda jammed down your throat at every spare second. even the flames ppv you can tell is better just by seeing highlights of a broadcasted game on TSN.

even though the oil's ppv has put a bit of a fresh coat of paint on some items this year (re-designed score clock and information graphics) but you can put all the make-up on a pig you want but it's still a pig.

they are well behind the production value of the flames ppv and light years behind the canucks ppv from what I have seen of both IMO. it's quite embarrassing and you would think that a better effort would be made to entertain the fans. the EIG can't seem to keep under wraps how much money they are reeling in these days, how about spend a bit of it on your ppv's? i could make a better production with final cut studio pro 2 and a mac pro.

for starters... yes, sholtz, that stupid in-game close up split screen thinger, and that "lets go" music with accompanying burnt orange flare graphics have got to go..... asap...
agree on all the improvements you've suggested.

go with the 630 ched pbp and save money everywhere they can and focus on more quality. less is more in so many cases.

I bought the first PPV matchup and haven't bought the other 2. Don't intend to purchase any more this season unless people start telling me changes have been made.

I hope tencer or ciampa or someone close to the oilers' org takes note of this thread.

Pouzar
11-01-2007, 08:20 PM
The PPV is garbage, and I cringe when I see it on the calendar. I feel bad for anyone in Edmonton who has to pay $12.95 for it.

Mark Scholtz is the least of Oilers PPV's problems.

1. Rob Brown: Unless you enjoy being pandered to, I resent that this "analyst" basically is a cheerleader for the team, whining about penalty calls on behalf of Oilers fans or simply reducing everything to lame coaching cliches: "Okay, the Oilers need a strong shift after this goal." If I wanted some dude to make inane, repetitive comments (last night Rob Brown had one point -- that the Oilers weren't getting it deep -- and hammered on it for the entire second half of the third period), I'd head down to the local and listen to my fellow bar flies. Give me Ray Ferraro anyday.

2. Too many ads. If you spend $12.95 for a broadcast that's "commercial free," fill it with more analysis, highlights or well, anything except the endless Edmonton Oilers and Edmonton Oil Kings ads cajoling us to buy more product.

3. Less Patrick LaForge, please. I remember a time when nobody knew who this guy was, but lately Oilers PPV can't get enough of the guy. Rock bottom in shamelessness was last year's in-game interview with the guy talking about how next year was going to be much better than what viewers were watching on the ice. For a time, this guy and Toby Petersen were the true faces of the franchise. Never again!

4. Gene Principe: he seems like a nice enough guy, but the man-love for hockey players is of a shambling, knee-knocked kind that's not easy to watch (He once did a self-indulgent, overlong feature on how one Oiler dressed up as Gene Principe for a team Halloween night, which pretty much sums up my take on the dude).
Sometimes, I like to watch the beautiful round arc of his softball questions, but otherwise there isn't a lot of insight behind his inquiries. The tragedy is that I've seen MacT perk up when asked real questions about his tactics, line changes, etc., but that's usually on TSN.

I'll give Oilers PPV credit for a couple of things: 1) the somewhat unfiltered access to the dressing room (although I often feel like we're one ill-advised cameraman's turn away from seeing more of the Oilers than we bargained for) and 2) the "Mic'd Up" feature in which we hear what a player says on the ice, although this is an innovation borrowed from Sportsnet and TSN, who do it for free.

Oilers fans deserve better.

BleedzOilerBlue
11-01-2007, 11:09 PM
wasnt Jenny Adams on "the Bachelor" one time ?

Eskie Jetski
11-02-2007, 12:00 AM
http://www.cox.com/support/images/mutebut.gif

nye
11-02-2007, 12:03 AM
That works well.

I listen to Rod and watch the game. I do that for some of the SN broadcasts as well.

That doesn't protect me from the Oiler in Focus 'feature' where I am trying to watch a hockey game and a fight for screen space breaks out between a distorted Oiler and a flashing pipeline map.

Ginty
11-02-2007, 12:30 AM
I have seen Mark out in public before and he is the most arrogant man I have ever met. I still regret not sucker punching him when I had the chance at a game.

I was at a pub on St Paddys Day, waiting in line for the urinal like everyone else with no problem. He walked in, saw that he would have to wait in line, pouted, and left.

need I say more. PS hi

Pouzar
11-02-2007, 08:10 AM
I was at a pub on St Paddys Day, waiting in line for the urinal like everyone else with no problem. He walked in, saw that he would have to wait in line, pouted, and left.

need I say more. PS hi

So the guy decided to not use a urinal? Whatta jerk.

HappyPanda
11-02-2007, 09:28 AM
The least they could do with their "in focus" crap would be to leave the game on full screen and put the player view over a SMALL portion of it. I'd rather see most of the ice rather then none of the ice, and the player up close which is absolutely useless unless you can see more around him.

Better yet, the "In Focus" could be their filler for commercial breaks or intermission. Would be cool if they did it during the intermission and had the player commenting on it.

Ginty
11-02-2007, 11:48 AM
So the guy decided to not use a urinal? Whatta jerk.

No, he felt he didnt have to wait in line like the rest of us common folk and when nobody would let him to the front he pouted and left

HFPM
11-02-2007, 11:59 AM
I think he expected to be using a Puerto Rican kid instead of a regular urinal.

Spanktacular
11-02-2007, 03:04 PM

Agreed about Morley. He sounds like he's hosting a children's show. I prefer play-by-play men who sound like excitable auctioneers. Rod Phillips, for example. Morley's colour commentary for 630 CHED was terrific. I miss it.

Replacement
11-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Agreed about Morley. He sounds like he's hosting a children's show. I prefer play-by-play men who sound like excitable auctioneers. Rod Phillips, for example. Morley's colour commentary for 630 CHED was terrific. I miss it.Yeah theres something about Morley. Let see. Boring.

He has all the excitement of Mr Rogers or Mr Dressup..I'm waiting to find out he was secretly "Barney" in the purple suit.

If this guy talks for 20 secs I start falling asleep. I can't imagine someone expressing less passion on a subject. Always seems like he's depressed or something or his minds not in it.

How someone decided he could do TV is beyond me.

Yawn.

Giant Moo
11-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Agreed about Morley. He sounds like he's hosting a children's show. I prefer play-by-play men who sound like excitable auctioneers. Rod Phillips, for example. Morley's colour commentary for 630 CHED was terrific. I miss it.

He's definitely better at the colour, that's for sure.

My guess is he's being groomed to take over for Rod when he retires... and/or he wants to do PBP instead of colour.

Salosanct
11-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Some comments that I enjoyed were, first off, the guy who said he hoped that Gene would fall into the wheelbarrow. I was braying like a donkey after I read that. Principe is such a hack and such a f%%ing pushover. I think that, at this point, macT actually enjoys kicking him out of the dressing room on the rare occasions when the Oilers win.

And I would call Scholz a ***** but that would indicate that there's a use for him and thus far I haven't seen it. Years ago, I was annoyed by that guy when he was on a Breakfast TV program out of Halifax and wouldn't you ****ing well know it, I hadn't heard tell of him from that point up until he appeared on the Oilers PPV casts last year. The whole singing bit on Tues night just about tore it, though. My GF wasn't really watching the game but she heard him singing and she said to me, voice dripping with equal parts disgust and wonder, "who is that clown."

Also, yes, enough is enough with the Laforge.

Finally, much sympathy to the guy who had to put up with his buddy's stupid GF. You just gotta wait for them to break up and then just rip the guy for like the following two weeks, just constantly referencing her stupidity.

SeriousBusiness
11-02-2007, 07:15 PM
I've never seen the guy do a PPV game, but I despised him when he did the morning show for A Channel.

I like the shorter, fat guy. He was sweet. But Mark blew big time.