Jackets on the market... looking for...

Ohio Jones
01-15-2004, 02:56 PM
The Blue Jackets are rumoured to have recently completed a deal with Dallas, still pending league confirmation -- if it goes through, they are going to have some roster juggling to do. Accordingly, the following players are on the market:

D Patrice Brisebois (76)
D Sean O'Donnell (74)
D Mathieu Dandenault (72)
RW Vladimir Orszagh (69)
C/LW Chad Kilger (69)
RW Chris Neil (65)
G Milan Hnilicka (69) (will only move in package for other goaltending)

Other Notables: LW Joe Sacco, L/RW Jeff Cowan, RW Nathan Perrott, picks and prospects

EDIT: RW Vladimir Orszagh, acquired today from the Dallas Stars, is also available as part of a package for an upgrade up front. He is young, affordable and plays both ends of the ice (66 DF, 66 SC).

Only one defenceman will be moved unless there is a defenceman coming back in the package. The Jackets are looking to upgrade at key positions, notably a scoring power forward and a goaltender capable of pushing Kevin Weekes for starts, but we will consider all offers. Send offers to my home address: ohiojones@rogers.com

NOTE: The league office will not allow me to take on huge salary in any deal (my team's in a precarious financial position), so don't ask! :shakehead

Donga
01-15-2004, 04:10 PM
NOTE: The league office will not allow me to take on huge salary in any deal (my team's in a precarious financial position), so don't ask! :shakehead

Aren't most of us?? Didn't you say that everyone was losing money except TB. :teach:

Ohio Jones
01-15-2004, 07:42 PM
Aren't most of us?? Didn't you say that everyone was losing money except TB. :teach:

That's true (or it was at the time - a few teams are in slightly better positions now that their home gates are rolling in...). But where most teams have some moeny to work with, I'm sitting with only $6M in the bank, so I'm that much closer to the brink - acquiring a huge salary (OK, ANOTHER huge salary, after Roenick!) could well be the death of me. Then I'd have to kick myself out! :cry:

Ohio Jones
01-18-2004, 04:54 PM
Bump - RW Vladimir Orszagh (69) added to availables list...

SensGod
01-19-2004, 01:38 PM
I think we need to talk some more...Neil ;)