FLA/TB Ideas

PanthersFan5Mezei
01-31-2004, 10:01 PM
Who would it take to move Vinny LeCavilier a little further south? Preferably Huselius and someone and/or a pick.

Any ideas?

Crossbar
01-31-2004, 10:29 PM
Fan5Mezei, its not going to happen and we're the absolute last team Tampa would deal Vinny off to if they did decide to move him so I'll save TB fans from having open season on you, but just for the heck of it I'd say it would take Luongo.

PanthersFan5Mezei
02-01-2004, 04:00 AM
Fan5Mezei, its not going to happen and we're the absolute last team Tampa would deal Vinny off to if they did decide to move him so I'll save TB fans from having open season on you, but just for the heck of it I'd say it would take Luongo.

I figured that much...except, Luongo ?!?! That's going a little crazy, don't you think? I mean, the Lightning are the team that traded the 4th Overall pick to Philly for a 3rd-liner at best. But, otherwise, I'd say you're probably right. But, hey, a guy can dream can't he?

1Timer
02-01-2004, 06:06 AM
No, crazy is asking for Lecavalier. We're just going t!t-for-tat.

That third-liner's been playing on line 1B for a while now, and we're no longer the ones with gaping holes on D that Pitkanen would've filled.

Crossbar
02-01-2004, 06:20 AM
I figured that much...except, Luongo ?!?! That's going a little crazy, don't you think? I mean, the Lightning are the team that traded the 4th Overall pick to Philly for a 3rd-liner at best. But, otherwise, I'd say you're probably right. But, hey, a guy can dream can't he?

Probably but I never said I'd do it, just thats probably what Tampa would seek as near equal exchange for Vinny. The way we view how important Luongo is to the present and future of the Panthers is how the Lightning and their fans view Vinny to the present and future of their team so they aren't going to just go deal him off unless they're somehow forced to.

Tampa wants to compete now and Florida doesn't have any other "franchise" type player that are close to being near fully developed other than Luongo. Bouwmeester, Horton, Weiss, ect. still need time to grow so Tampa wouldn't be interested in setting themselves back (especially by dealing someone as important as Vinny) for any of those young guys (or draft picks) other than probably Luongo.....if not for that then Feaster probably would have gladly drafted and waited a year for Pitkanen to complete his military duties in Finland.

petec1978*
02-01-2004, 09:09 AM
Get. Out. Now.

-Pete Choquette

PantherboyHTR
02-01-2004, 02:05 PM
Get. Out. Now.

-Pete Choquette
Coming from you, that is funny :lol:

Sotnos
02-01-2004, 05:06 PM
I figured that much...except, Luongo ?!?! That's going a little crazy, don't you think? I mean, the Lightning are the team that traded the 4th Overall pick to Philly for a 3rd-liner at best.
*Groan* :shakehead If you're going to post proposals here, at least do your homework first please.

This thread is going to get ugly very quickly, so let's just stop it now.

Next person who comes on this board for the sole purpose of ragging on Pete (or any other TB poster) gets a 3 day ban, period. I'm tired of this.