CHAT ROOM thread (all non-ATD discussion here)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

VanIslander
04-09-2008, 09:00 PM
It really helps unclutter the draft threads and makes it easier and more focused to read through if all shooting-the-breeze that has nothing to do with the ATD to go here.

chaosrevolver
04-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Im currently talking to my friend Sara (team named after).

VanIslander
04-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Im currently talking to my friend Sara (team named after).
Does she know you guys made a shrine to her? What does she think about your team name and roster thread post with her picture?

MXD
04-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Nice idea VanI.

chaosrevolver
04-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Does she know you guys made a shrine to her? What does she think about your team name and roster thread post with her picture?lol shes the one who gave us the idea to put pics up and sent us the pics. And I actually let her use my username and password just so she could see the page.;)

She laughed when she found out we were doing that though.:D

ck26
04-09-2008, 09:53 PM
She laughed when she found out we were doing that though.:DWhat did she do when you told her the GM of the Dallas Freeze roams the streets of Canada nightly with her picture in hand, looking for dinosaurs?

:naughty:

vancityluongo
04-09-2008, 10:02 PM
What did she do when you told her the GM of the Dallas Freeze roams the streets of Canada nightly with her picture in hand, looking for dinosaurs?

:naughty:

I would LOL if she went on his account and read this. :nod:

ck26
04-09-2008, 10:28 PM
I would LOL if she went on his account and read this. :nod:So would I.

God Bless Canada
04-09-2008, 10:33 PM
Good idea, VanI. Cuts down on the chit chat. Always will be some, but I want to talk about the picks, not about the first night of the playoffs, in the draft thread.

vancityluongo
04-09-2008, 10:34 PM
So would I.

I don't know what it has to do with your post, but it's a damn good song:

5rKo7Tf5YBQ

VanIslander
04-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Avs-Wild in OT !!

Weird seeing a 20:00 clock for OT , and no shootout.

Could be a looong night.

(First shift in OT for Forsberg was great.)

VanIslander
04-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Sakic wins it in OT.

G'day guys.

See you on the flip side.

FissionFire
04-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Avs-Wild in OT !!

Weird seeing a 20:00 clock for OT , and no shootout.

Could be a looong night.

(First shift in OT for Forsberg was great.)

Kinda sad when not seeing a shootout is weird now. I still think it's weird watching that gimmick.

Pwnasaurus
04-09-2008, 11:36 PM
Good start for my darkhorse Flames team :)

pitseleh
04-09-2008, 11:36 PM
Well, that finish to the Flames/Sharks game was fun.

papershoes
04-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Well, that finish to the Flames/Sharks game was fun.

agreed - kipper had a solid game.

this is going to be a fantastic series!

EagleBelfour
04-09-2008, 11:40 PM
Joe Sakic is amazing! The Senators in general are dreadful ... I didn't watched the NYR/NJ game and the final minute between CGY and SJ was amazing.

There you go.

FissionFire
04-09-2008, 11:41 PM
For all the hype people spewed at the Sharks, they are still a core of chokers come playoffs. They aren't off to a good start in shedding that label.

EagleBelfour
04-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Didn't saw that game: Jarome Iginla and Joe Thornton ... how they've done?

FissionFire
04-09-2008, 11:51 PM
Iginla was clutch and Thornton folded under pressure. The usual.

ck26
04-10-2008, 04:32 AM
I don't know what it has to do with your post, but it's a damn good song:

5rKo7Tf5YBQWhile that is a damn good song, I assure you it has very little to do with my post.

Sturminator
04-10-2008, 06:42 AM
Iginla was clutch and Thornton folded under pressure. The usual.

Good lord; it's one game.

FissionFire
04-10-2008, 07:49 AM
Good lord; it's one game.

True, but he asked how Iginla and Thornton played and I gave him an answer. I wasn't commenting on games not yet played.

Pwnasaurus
04-10-2008, 08:00 AM
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=13557147&postcount=578

One game, but yeah taking one in SJ is a good start.

chaosrevolver
04-10-2008, 03:11 PM
hello...this would be Sara..the girl you guys were having a discussion about earlier? .lol
Chris told me about what was being said..i thought i should sign on and and read it..just like you said..that would be funny..lol

ck26
04-10-2008, 04:23 PM
hello...this would be Sara..the girl you guys were having a discussion about earlier? .lol
Chris told me about what was being said..i thought i should sign on and and read it..just like you said..that would be funny..lol

meh.

I hoped for more.

chaosrevolver
04-10-2008, 04:29 PM
meh.

I hoped for more.haha she didnt know what to type.

EagleBelfour
04-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Anyway, this is a PG forum :P

MXD
04-10-2008, 04:32 PM

Hi Sara

Don't worry,

We all take a shower once a day, we all shave on a rather regular basis (... i think, even though for fans of a few teams we might avoid the razors), and we probably all have social lifes. Some of us have rather serious jobs as well - I can think of a lawyer, an accountant, a lawyer-turned-translator... We're all normal.

chaosrevolver
04-10-2008, 04:37 PM
haha...good to know? lol
yea.i didnt know what else to say? .lol.

arrbez
04-10-2008, 05:50 PM
haha...good to know? lol
yea.i didnt know what else to say? .lol.

Dear Sarah,

For competitive purposes, we here at the internet would like to know more about you. I have with me a standard list of questions that I ask every girl I meet. Please answer as honestly as possible.

1. Which fictional character (TV, movie, religious or otherwise) are you most like, and why?

2. What country are you most like, and why?

3. If you could eat anyone, who would it be? Why?

4. Your favourite thing to do when nobody's watching is...?

5. The Prime Minister just called. You've won a prestigious award. What is it for?

6.Moustaches are:
A) sweet
B) totally sweet

7. Big spoon or little spoon?

Thank you in advance for your prompt reply.

vancityluongo
04-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Dear Sara,

Are you a figment of chaos' imagination? Just asking.

pitseleh
04-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Regardless of the fact that he now makes a lot more mistakes than he used to, there's not much that tops listening to a playoff game called by Bob Cole (well aside from the other legends like Robson or Gallivan, but that's beside the point).

arrbez
04-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Regardless of the fact that he now makes a lot more mistakes than he used to, there's not much that tops listening to a playoff game called by Bob Cole (well aside from the other legends like Robson or Gallivan, but that's beside the point).

amen, and i'm listening to broadcasting legend Jamie Campbell call the Jays game on the other channel...

chaosrevolver
04-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Dear Sara,

Are you a figment of chaos' imagination? Just asking.Trust me, she is not. How else would I get those pics.

pitseleh
04-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Trust me, she is not. How else would I get those pics.

Maybe you Facebook stalk her?

chaosrevolver
04-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Maybe you Facebook stalk her?:laugh:

sigh...id get her to comment on this but shes at MY school playing basketball;)

MXD
04-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Zdeno Chara just solified his status as a playoff performer....

Pwnasaurus
04-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Ducks title defense begins soon.

VanIslander
04-10-2008, 09:45 PM
and losing in the first now ;)

EagleBelfour
04-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Zdeno Chara just solified his status as a playoff performer....

Unfortunately, I didn't saw the game. How did he do?

And Iginla is the bomb. Great first period.

Pwnasaurus
04-10-2008, 10:20 PM
and losing in the first now ;)

It's getting better though. The 3rd PP goal they allowed was right at the end of it. It almost expired.

VanIslander
04-10-2008, 10:26 PM
In the second period tonight Joe Thornton "mishandles" the puck and misses an open net scoring opportunity.

9 of his 10 NHL seasons he couldn't score more than 29 goals.

if he had even AVERAGE goal scoring ability he'd be a 40-goal scorer.

The greatness of his passing is matched by the inepitude of his goal scoring. Utterly amazing. He can get the puck andf himself in great scoring position but just can't pull the trigger.

FissionFire
04-10-2008, 10:35 PM

Maybe they thought it started Saturday? Game 1's haven't been kind to California so far.....

Pwnasaurus
04-10-2008, 10:41 PM
they should perhaps try not to take penalties in the offensive zone, that's a start. At this rate it won't matter what day they decide to show up. It's not enough.

FissionFire
04-10-2008, 10:44 PM
they should perhaps try not to take penalties in the offensive zone, that's a start. At this rate it won't matter what day they decide to show up. It's not enough.

The fans are booing but these are legit penalties on the Ducks too. Now they score, 4-0. Anaheim has come completely unglued. I'm really shocked to see the defending champs not just being outplayed, but coming totally unraveled and undisciplined.

Pwnasaurus
04-10-2008, 10:44 PM
and 4 powerplay goals against. Shidding the bed. An empty netter no less. When's the draft again?

Pwnasaurus
04-10-2008, 10:46 PM
. I'm really shocked to see the defending champs not just being outplayed, but coming totally unraveled and undisciplined.

They outplayed Dallas badly in the first 10 minutes of the game. The checking line was playing phenomonally hitting everyone and creating chances. The Getzlaf line was playing well also. Then they started taking penalty upon penalty, since about the 10 min. mark of the 1st period they've played about as poorly as they've played all year.

pitseleh
04-10-2008, 11:24 PM
This Sharks/Flames game has been a goaltending clinic.

vancityluongo
04-11-2008, 12:16 AM
Trust me, she is not. How else would I get those pics.

Internet. Duh.

EagleBelfour
04-11-2008, 02:50 AM
This Sharks/Flames game has been a goaltending clinic.

I was about to post that. Nabby with a couple of glove save, but Kipper just played fantastic. Definitely my n.2 serie now.

EagleBelfour
04-11-2008, 03:00 AM
http://www.hulu.com/nhl

What?? I was all pumped up to watch the '64 game, but they can only stream in the US! Anyone has another link for that game?

chaosrevolver
04-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Internet. Duh.
Try to find them...they're not there;)

vancityluongo
04-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Try to find them...they're not there;)

Yeah, well I'm gonna let you talk to MY gf...

Hey HF'ers,

My name is Jessica. I'm posting on my bf's account. Here is a pic of me.

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2006/celebdatabase/jessicaalba/jessica_alba1_300_400.jpg

:sarcasm:

Just bugging BTW.

MXD
04-12-2008, 10:14 PM
My bad, not the good time to steal a Bruins fan lunch money.

raleh
04-13-2008, 01:30 AM
haha **** bruins fans and **** their lunch money!!

You boys, and Sara, will be happy to know that I made $300 dollars today. I made a bet with a few guys who said that I couldn't run 24 miles and drink 24 beers within 24 hours. Well I ****ing did it! Just to let you know how hard 24 beers is for me, I weigh in at 135 lbs and am 6'0' tall. Now I'm wasted, but $300 richer and am as happy as can be. Now if only this draft would move along so GBC and I can pick. And if Pitseleh's conditional deal is for the player we want I'll be so upset!

FissionFire
04-13-2008, 01:41 AM
haha **** bruins fans and **** their lunch money!!

You boys, and Sara, will be happy to know that I made $300 dollars today. I made a bet with a few guys who said that I couldn't run 24 miles and drink 24 beers within 24 hours. Well I ****ing did it! Just to let you know how hard 24 beers is for me, I weigh in at 135 lbs and am 6'0' tall. Now I'm wasted, but $300 richer and am as happy as can be. Now if only this draft would move along so GBC and I can pick. And if Pitseleh's conditional deal is for the player we want I'll be so upset!

I know the feeling. arbezz traded up to the pick before ours and took Klukay. I was pushing hard for him and NP was thinking Holik so we had a wonderful little debate going. I really wanted to reunite the Metz-Klukay PK tandem.

arrbez
04-13-2008, 10:23 AM
I know the feeling. arbezz traded up to the pick before ours and took Klukay. I was pushing hard for him and NP was thinking Holik so we had a wonderful little debate going. I really wanted to reunite the Metz-Klukay PK tandem.

Yeah, for that reason alone I think Klukay would have been the pick for you guys. He's better defensively, although Holik brings more offense.

I guess I got really lucky there, because you were looking at taking him, and EagleBelfour was trying to trade up two spots and use my pick to take him. And he rose 40 spots too...

FissionFire
04-13-2008, 10:36 AM
Yeah, for that reason alone I think Klukay would have been the pick for you guys. He's better defensively, although Holik brings more offense.

I guess I got really lucky there, because you were looking at taking him, and EagleBelfour was trying to trade up two spots and use my pick to take him. And he rose 40 spots too...

One think Holik does bring is the ability to defend against the larger centers and power forwards. Having him on the team means not having to worry about him matchup up with Beliveau at some point. He can also play wing against power forwards so he'll be useful in our division, especially against the Big Bad Bruins line of Bucky-Schmidt-Neely. One underrated aspect of his game that will be tremendously helpful late in games is his faceoff abilities. He's been quietly excellent on draws over the years.

chaosrevolver
04-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Heyy...this is Sara again..sorry i havent gotten back to you all for a while..i kinda got lost last time and couldnt figure out how to reply again..lol.yes..im that bad with computers.
and no im not a figment of imagination.i am very real..lol.yes i was playing basketball.and we won actually!.haha
Well Arrbez :
1. Bambi.....um..because im really clumsy.. haha
2.I guess im most like Canada...because ive lived in Canada my whole life..lol
3.If i could eat anyone....i dont think i could..lol. thats just..not right
4.fave thing to do when no ones watching- turn the music up and sing along really loudly ..haha
5.Won an award?...um..itd be for..person who gets scared easiliest? lol
6. A
7. uh.... lol

Nalyd Psycho
04-13-2008, 11:02 PM
One think Holik does bring is the ability to defend against the larger centers and power forwards. Having him on the team means not having to worry about him matchup up with Beliveau at some point. He can also play wing against power forwards so he'll be useful in our division, especially against the Big Bad Bruins line of Bucky-Schmidt-Neely. One underrated aspect of his game that will be tremendously helpful late in games is his faceoff abilities. He's been quietly excellent on draws over the years.

That was exactly my thinking. GBC and Raleh are definite division rivals, so, I like matching Langway-Holik-Seibert against the big bad Bruins, they just won't seem so big and bad...

VanIslander
04-14-2008, 04:39 AM
As for my avatar, did Rick Astley ever play hockey?
No but Pope John Paul II and U.S. Democrat and ex-presidental candidate John Kerry did.

We were soooo close to having the two most powerful men in the world as hockey buffs.

Now, ugh.

VanIslander
04-14-2008, 04:43 AM
http://www.ginoodjick.com/images/gino009.jpg
I'll concede that no one on the Fighting Saints has Gino's George Clooney meets Errol Flynn good looks.
you mean, a cave man meets Ferengi kind of looks eh

papershoes
04-14-2008, 06:21 AM
No but Pope John Paul II and U.S. Democrat and ex-presidental candidate John Kerry did.

We were soooo close to having the two most powerful men in the world as hockey buffs.

Now, ugh.

according to some sources, so did albert einstein

http://www.clubsask.com/images/einsteinhockey.jpg

Nalyd Psycho
04-14-2008, 03:00 PM
The number one reason I hate Chat room threads is people yelling "Take it to the chat room." I just wanna bloody well enjoy talking with my fellow GMs...

FissionFire
04-14-2008, 03:02 PM
The number one reason I hate Chat room threads is people yelling "Take it to the chat room." I just wanna bloody well enjoy talking with my fellow GMs...

blah blah blah, take it to the ch.......oh wait.

:D

FissionFire
04-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Nonis fired. Burke back to the Nucks ???

Retarded move. They are just getting their system back into halfway decent shape after Burke's last gutting. Nonis was smart not to sell the farm for a playoff spot on a team with little hope of winning it all this season. Next year was the year with cap space for the offseason. Worse yet, a major factor in Brunnstrom choosing Vancouver was his comfort with Nonis. He might be back in play now that they've fired him. At least they shoulda waited until he was signed to do this.

Hawkman
04-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Sean Avery found yet another way to annoy Martin Brodeur, and forced the NHL to change a rule in his honor.

The Hall of Fame resume of the New Jersey Devils goalie doesn’t resonate with Avery, the New York Rangers forward, who has turned agitation into an art form. During a 5-on-3 power play in New Jersey’s 4-3 overtime playoff victory Sunday night, Avery planted himself in the crease with his back to the action and faceguarded Brodeur.

Holding his stick upward, Avery waved it side to side and up and down to block Brodeur’s vision in a newfangled method of screening. Brodeur gave him a whack, but that was hardly a deterrent.

“I’ve played for 15 years in this league. I’ve been watching games for 33 years. I had never seen that in my life,” Brodeur said. “I don’t think that kind of behavior should be done in front of the net, but there is no rule for it.”

That was true Sunday, but not Monday. The NHL moved quickly to eliminate this activity by making an on-the-fly rule interpretation.

“An unsportsmanlike conduct minor penalty will be interpreted and applied, effective immediately, to a situation when an offensive player positions himself facing the opposition goaltender and engages in actions such as waving his arms or stick in front of the goaltender’s face, for the purpose of improperly interfering with and/or distracting the goaltender as opposed to positioning himself to try to make a play,” Colin Campbell, the NHL director of hockey operations said in a statement.

FissionFire
04-14-2008, 10:00 PM
It certainly was good for a laugh.

God Bless Canada
04-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Actually, I like this. We can still talk hockey with our fellow GMs. Keep the draft thread for draft talk.

Surprised Nonis was canned. I thought they'd give him this off-season as a last shot, considering the good he did in the summer of 06. I guess they didn't want to chance a pivotal off-season to a guy who hasn't gotten the job done when it comes to rounding out the roster.

I don't think Burke goes back to Vancouver. I think Burke goes to Toronto, to take hockey's ultimate challenge: win a Cup for the Leafs. It's not an ideal situation for Burke, he's stubborn and there will be clashes with MLSE. But after JFJ bloopers, I think MLSE will do what they can to get the guy they want, and that's Burke.

Canucks hire Steve Tambellini. Highly thought-of guy throughout the game. Has been a big part of Canada's international successes. He's been a guy who has been in line for almost every GM's job in the league since 2002. I don't know if the Canucks fire Nonis if Tambellini wasn't there. Now will be his time. He'll have a lot of work to do this summer, and a lot of cap room to do it.

pitseleh
04-15-2008, 08:36 PM
Mike Richards is cannon.

Nice move.

God Bless Canada
04-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Mike Richards is cannon.

Nice move.
Once Linden retires, Richards will be one of my favourite players in the game, if not my favourite. Okay, Sakic will probably be my favourite, but he won't be around much longer. Milan Lucic is another who will be one of my favourites.

Richards is the kind of player I have always loved watching. I think he's one of the most exciting players in the league. And he's a great leader, too.

Forget the goal, Richards biggest contribution tonight was his effort against Ovechkin. I don't think Ovechkin's been challenged like that since he entered the league.

Gibsons Finest
04-16-2008, 06:13 AM
I think Burke goes to Toronto, to take hockey's ultimate challenge: win a Cup for the Leafs. It's not an ideal situation for Burke, he's stubborn and there will be clashes with MLSE. But after JFJ bloopers, I think MLSE will do what they can to get the guy they want, and that's Burke.

I certainly don't. If anything, IMO, Vancouver is much a much more likely destination for Burke than Toronto. Many assume he'll do it because of his ego and whatnot, but realistically there isn't much motivation for him to leave, other than to try and boost his ego by winning in Toronto. He hates the Toronto media, he probably does not like MLSE one bit, and he needs total control, which is questionable to come from MLSE. In Anaheim, he's close to his wife, lives in a city he loves and has complete and total control of what happens. The Samuelli's are also great owners as opposed to MLSE.

Vancouver's a possibility because of new ownership and his wife working there, but I do have some doubts he'd want to return. Thus far he's said he wants to retire in Anaheim and the Samuelli's have said he has a job for life if he wants it. Sounds like a perfect fit to me.

FissionFire
04-16-2008, 09:12 AM
I certainly don't. If anything, IMO, Vancouver is much a much more likely destination for Burke than Toronto. Many assume he'll do it because of his ego and whatnot, but realistically there isn't much motivation for him to leave, other than to try and boost his ego by winning in Toronto. He hates the Toronto media, he probably does not like MLSE one bit, and he needs total control, which is questionable to come from MLSE. In Anaheim, he's close to his wife, lives in a city he loves and has complete and total control of what happens. The Samuelli's are also great owners as opposed to MLSE.

Vancouver's a possibility because of new ownership and his wife working there, but I do have some doubts he'd want to return. Thus far he's said he wants to retire in Anaheim and the Samuelli's have said he has a job for life if he wants it. Sounds like a perfect fit to me.

As I recall, even when he left Vancouver for Anaheim he still didn't really want to leave. If he goes anywhere else it'll be Vancouver.

Gibsons Finest
04-16-2008, 10:09 AM
As I recall, even when he left Vancouver for Anaheim he still didn't really want to leave. If he goes anywhere else it'll be Vancouver.

Well technically he didn't leave Vancouver for Anaheim, unless you're talking about him moving from Vancouver to Anaheim, as in the cities, and not changing teams.

Pwnasaurus
04-16-2008, 11:35 AM
In other news my Berzerk arcade machine arrives tomorrow :handclap:

MXD
04-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Man, VCL just received the longest YOU'RE UP message ever.

vancityluongo
04-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Man, VCL just received the longest YOU'RE UP message ever.

And the greatest one ever too. :handclap:

Evil Sather
04-16-2008, 07:50 PM
If any of you are watching the Devs-Rangers game, Jagr drove to the net, Brodeur went down and Jagr's hip hits him in the head. Not super hard, enough to make Marty's head snap a little. It snapped back into its normal place immediately.

Half a second later, Martina launches his body backward (talking near parallel to the ice), knocks his own helmet off, and lays motionless on the ice until the whistle is called.

He then promptly stands up and puts his mask back on.

As a hockey fan, that's embarrassing. Thoroughly, totally embarrassing.

MXD
04-16-2008, 07:51 PM
If any of you are watching the Devs-Rangers game, Jagr drove to the net, Brodeur went down and Jagr's hip hits him in the head. Not super hard, enough to make Marty's head snap a little. It snapped back into its normal place immediately.

Half a second later, Martina launches his body backward (talking near parallel to the ice), knocks his own helmet off, and lays motionless on the ice until the whistle is called.

He then promptly stands up and puts his mask back on.

As a hockey fan, that's embarrassing. Thoroughly, totally embarrassing.

Less embarassing than the SLEEPING WITH YOUR STICK on Coaches Corner...

pitseleh
04-16-2008, 07:53 PM
Less embarassing than the SLEEPING WITH YOUR STICK on Coaches Corner...

They brought it up again tonight.

Sturminator
04-18-2008, 02:29 AM
Did anyone see that kid in game 4 of the Calgary/San Jose series who was decked out in full equipment mimicking every move the Flames' goalie was making? Serious, serious issues there.

EagleBelfour
04-18-2008, 02:32 AM
Did anyone see that kid in game 4 of the Calgary/San Jose series who was decked out in full equipment mimicking every move the Flames' goalie was making? Serious, serious issues there.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=507066

I don't find it a big deal. If it was a 25 years old men though ...

Sturminator
04-18-2008, 02:49 AM
It's not so much the kid that I find objectionable, but the parents who clearly encourage this behavior. Bottom line: whether or not it's a sign of mental illness, it's horribly tacky. Seriously, would you let your kid do that in public?

papershoes
04-18-2008, 06:06 AM
It's not so much the kid that I find objectionable, but the parents who clearly encourage this behavior. Bottom line: whether or not it's a sign of mental illness, it's horribly tacky. Seriously, would you let your kid do that in public?

'mini-kipper' was featured on tsn (there was a video clip on the website yesterday). he also was invited to present at the nhl awards ceremony and, meet most of the games best players....that's pretty awesome for a young kid.

Sturminator
04-18-2008, 06:18 AM
'mini-kipper' was featured on tsn (there was a video clip on the website yesterday). he also was invited to present at the nhl awards ceremony and, meet most of the games best players....that's pretty awesome for a young kid.

Yes, and Rupaul was once in a B-52's video. I don't want my kids dressing up like that, either.

Nalyd Psycho
04-18-2008, 06:39 AM
Not sure I'd want my kid in a B-52's video for that matter...

Sturminator
04-18-2008, 06:52 AM
Not sure I'd want my kid in a B-52's video for that matter...

I'd be ok with Rock Lobster. Anything else and I'd pretty much disown them.

Pwnasaurus
04-18-2008, 09:28 AM
I'd be ok with Rock Lobster. Anything else and I'd pretty much disown them.

Is it too late to take back my agreeing with you that Teemu is not the playoff liability that others make him out to be. He was just awful in the biggest game of the year last night. Awful.

Hawkman
04-18-2008, 10:33 AM
If my teams loses tonight, they could lose the series. That's a bad year in my book. I can't accept that. :)

Sturminator
04-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Is it too late to take back my agreeing with you that Teemu is not the playoff liability that others make him out to be. He was just awful in the biggest game of the year last night. Awful.

Yeah, Turco pretty well stoned him, didn't he? Teemu did run Marty pretty well there, at the end, though. Pretty spunky for a soft European, though I'm sure you would have preferred it is Selanne had found the back of the net.

If it makes you feel any better, here's a great video of Selanne planting Pronger face-first into the glass at the Olympics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ej9C8Jbs2U

Pwnasaurus
04-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Yeah, Turco pretty well stoned him, didn't he?

Pretty sure at least 1 of the 3 open nets he had last night were him just shooting it wide. I think one Turco clipped maybe and the other was a great backcheck by Lehtinen if memory serves. I've tried to erase it from memory though.

Hawkman
04-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Red Wings forward Kris Draper said Nashville's Jordin Tootoo intentionally stepped on his back when both were going for a puck along the boards in Game 4 of their first-round series. "Anything he does isn't an accident, plain and simple," Draper said Friday before Game 5 in Detroit. Tootoo wasn't called for a penalty and Draper wasn't injured during the sequence in question Wednesday night. :)

Hawkman
04-18-2008, 11:02 PM
Kournikova's marital status has been an issue on several occasions. There were conflicting rumors about whether or not she was engaged to hockey player Pavel Bure. There were reports that she married NHL hockey star Sergei Fedorov in 2001. Kournikova's representatives have denied this, but Fedorov stated in 2003 that the couple had married and since divorced. Kournikova currently has a relationship with pop star Enrique Iglesias (in whose video, "Escape", she appeared), and rumors that the couple had secretly married appeared in 2003 and again in 2005. Kournikova herself has consistently refused to directly confirm or deny rumors about the status of her personal relationships. But, in May 2007, Enrique Iglesias was (mistakenly, as he would clarify later) quoted in the New York Sun that he had no intention to marry Anna and settle down because they had split up. The singer would later deny these rumors of "divorce" or simply separation.

Hawkman
04-18-2008, 11:10 PM
My worst NHL team in the last 30 years is the 1992-93 San Jose Sharks. Who's yours? :laugh:

Transplanted Caper
04-19-2008, 08:44 AM
My worst NHL team in the last 30 years is the 1992-93 San Jose Sharks. Who's yours? :laugh:

Senators in their first season.

MXD
04-19-2008, 08:44 AM

Hey, why not the worst of the last 33 years so it would be much easier to answer!!

Sens expansion.

Hawkman
04-20-2008, 12:55 AM
Rick Middleton may be happy on Monday. I'm still trying to figure out who JFF roots for. ;)

raleh
04-20-2008, 12:13 PM
Rick Middleton may be happy on Monday. I'm still trying to figure out who JFF roots for. ;)

Rick Middleton is never happy.

vancityluongo
04-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Rick Middleton is never happy.

Rick Astley on the other hand...:

onrzgB_-0sM

Absolutely amazing video.

Jungosi
04-20-2008, 03:13 PM
How the **** could Flippula miss that?

vancityluongo
04-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Center Ice Lidstrom goal

FissionFire
04-20-2008, 05:45 PM
Center Ice Lidstrom goal

Ellis pulled a Cloutier lol. Does that mean Detroit's winning the Cup again just like 2002?

Nalyd Psycho
04-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Painful memories...

Painful memories...

vancityluongo
04-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Ellis pulled a Cloutier lol. Does that mean Detroit's winning the Cup again just like 2002?

Yup, after a huge WCF win over Forsberg, Foote, Sakic and the rest of the Avs...

MXD
04-20-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm out on a total limb here.

Habs/AVS SCF. God, that would be awesome.

VanIslander
04-20-2008, 10:17 PM
Versus broadcast is going to do a piece on Max Bentley after Dallas finishes off Anaheim, in case anyone's interested.
I'll watch it if nhlcenterice doesn't cut away from versus at the end of the game.

VanIslander
04-20-2008, 10:36 PM
I'll watch it if nhlcenterice doesn't cut away from versus at the end of the game.
dang.. they cut away... oh well

Stars win. :yo:

Jungosi
04-21-2008, 05:42 AM

Ellis = Tony Esposito light

EagleBelfour
04-21-2008, 06:16 AM
Ellis = Tony Esposito light

Ellis played great during this serie. He's the main reason the Nashville Predators won two games. He's definitely the number one goaltender of his club.

FissionFire
04-21-2008, 08:42 AM
I'm out on a total limb here.

Habs/AVS SCF. God, that would be awesome.

That would be, but an O6 matchup of Detroit and Montreal would be epic.

Evil Sather
04-21-2008, 10:20 AM
doesn't look good letting a real average boston team back in the series...

MXD
04-21-2008, 10:27 AM
doesn't look good letting a real average boston team back in the series...

Boston have the best coach in the league right now.

This was more about the fact it would be a Theo/Price matchup.

FissionFire
04-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Habs have never blown a 3-1 series lead in franchise history. It's hard to think they'd do it now.

raleh
04-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Habs have never blown a 3-1 series lead in franchise history. It's hard to think they'd do it now.

I couldn't sleep last night...I just don't have a good feeling about this.

FissionFire
04-21-2008, 03:31 PM
I couldn't sleep last night...I just don't have a good feeling about this.

If it's any consolation, I've been cheering on the Bruins since the playoffs began and whenever I cheer for a team they always lose. Boston is cursed, they just don't know it yet.

vancityluongo
04-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Habs!!!

vancityluongo
04-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Just throwing this out there, but Alexander Ovechkin is damn good. :D

FissionFire
04-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Just throwing this out there, but Alexander Ovechkin is damn good. :D

Not good enough this year.

vancityluongo
04-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Not good enough this year.

Not much you can do when the refs blow a call *twice*, which includes a PP in OT, and the 2nd goal.

And I'm really scared, because I know JFF and RP are gonna *kill* me for this post. I'll just be off now. :D :)

Nalyd Psycho
04-23-2008, 01:56 AM
Is it just me, or is every second round match-up a potentially amazing series?

Sturminator
04-23-2008, 03:23 AM
Is it just me, or is every second round match-up a potentially amazing series?

Yeah, they look like good ones, though I think a couple of these matchups may end up being a lot more one-sided than they appear to be on paper. We shall see.

FissionFire
04-23-2008, 09:53 AM
Yeah, they look like good ones, though I think a couple of these matchups may end up being a lot more one-sided than they appear to be on paper. We shall see.

Rangers - Penguins looks pretty boring, but then again any Rangers game is boring.

Montreal - Philadelphia should be interesting. It'll either be a good series or a boring one.

Dallas - San Jose should be stellar, especially if Zubov (who's now skating) is able to play at all. This could be another 7 game war for the Sharks.

Detroit - Colorado.....need I say more? Even if the games aren't close the memories alone will have bot fanbases energized and might even be able to draw in some casual viewers.

Pwnasaurus
04-23-2008, 10:13 AM
My picks

Canadiens win series 4-1

Rangers win series 4-3

Detroit wins series 4-1.

Dallas wins series 4-2.

FissionFire
04-23-2008, 10:15 AM
My picks

Canadiens win series 4-1

Rangers win series 4-3

Detroit wins series 4-1.

Dallas wins series 4-2.

That would suprise me. I expect the series to be a 7 game war.

Pwnasaurus
04-23-2008, 10:18 AM
That would suprise me. I expect the series to be a 7 game war.

I think Detroit was tested enough in Round 1 (I actually had Nashville winning that series in 6 before it began and if the OT game goes different who knows) and I think got a hugely needed wakeup call. They will be on fire going into this series. Bank it.

Jungosi
04-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Rangers vs. Pittsburgh : 4-2 Penguins
Montreal vs. Philadelphia : 4-3 Montreal

San Jose vs. Dallas : 4-2 San Jose
Detroit vs. Colorado : 4-3 Detroit

John Flyers Fan
04-23-2008, 11:45 PM
Not much you can do when the refs blow a call *twice*, which includes a PP in OT, and the 2nd goal.

And I'm really scared, because I know JFF and RP are gonna *kill* me for this post. I'll just be off now. :D :)

The Flyers were the superior team for the majority of the series and both penalties were the correct calls.

One bad period from being a sweep.

shawnmullin
04-24-2008, 12:36 AM
My picks...

Habs in 5. I don't like that match up for the Flyers. I don't think they can keep up nor do I think they can shut it down like a strong defensive team... say the Rangers or Devils... could do to the Habs.

Penguins in 6. I would've taken the Rangers before the first round. The Penguins sure looked like a much more complete hockey team in the first round than I expected. But maybe that's just the stink of Ottawa.

Colorado in 7. Detroit's goaltending is very iffy and the Avalanche have more playoff warriors in key positions. Of course a couple of injuries and this one could be over in 5 for the Wings.

San Jose in 7. I always ALWAYS underestimate Dallas. I don'twant to do that, but I still feel like the Sharks should handle them. My constant underestimating of the Stars is the only reason I have this going 7.

FissionFire
04-24-2008, 08:42 AM
I'll say here what I said on the main boards.....there is no way Detroit loses a Game 7 at home, especially against Colorado.

EagleBelfour
04-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Martin Biron made one good save tonight and it's on the penalty shot. I was midly disappointed by his play and could have took the game away.

EagleBelfour
04-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Montreal over Philadelphia in 6
Pittsburgh over Rangers in 7

Detroit over Colorado in 7
Dallas over San Jose in 6

MXD
04-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Man... I probably skate faster than Derian Hatcher. The guy definitely still can play defense, though.

EagleBelfour
04-24-2008, 09:54 PM
Man... I probably skate faster than Derian Hatcher. The guy definitely still can play defense, though.

Was impress by him tonight. Coburn and Hatcher were the two best defenseman for Philly.

And Markov is injured. No doubt.

MXD
04-24-2008, 10:38 PM
I'll be friggin laughing if somebody takes Mike Richards in this MLD. Let alone the ATD. (to continue here what some people said on the main draft board).

Likely to be there in a few years, but there are definitely better options available for whatever roster spot.

MXD
04-24-2008, 10:39 PM
Was impress by him tonight. Coburn and Hatcher were the two best defenseman for Philly.

And Markov is injured. No doubt.

Indeed for Markov, nearly gets outskated by Hatcher.

Look for anything lower body. Knee or Groin is my guess.

MXD
04-24-2008, 10:57 PM
If he wins the Conn Smythe and the cup this year (which I'm guessing will be finished before the MLD starts) I would absolutely draft him as a 4th line center capable of playing some PP minutes.

That's if he can win the Smythe and the cup though, which we all know is going to Tom Kostopoulos and the Habs respectively. :D

... Don't do this.

vancityluongo
04-24-2008, 11:00 PM
... Don't do this.

Okay. :)

I was being uber-sarcastic in my previous post, just in case. But now I see it may have came across as trolling, if needed I'll delete.

Hawkman
04-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Stevie Y outplayed Forsberg and Sakic. Pron for the blind? http://news.yahoo.com/video/2466;_ylt=ArtP7W8lr0ITRoHUNl8Z58O2GL8C Rock on freaky dudes. :yo:

MXD
04-25-2008, 04:35 PM
BTW..... Does somebody knows where Alyn McCauley is now?

pitseleh
04-25-2008, 04:55 PM
BTW..... Does somebody knows where Alyn McCauley is now?

I think he retired. He was dealing with some type of injury after signing a relatively big contract with the Kings.

Jungosi
04-25-2008, 05:05 PM
He was pretty good in NHL 2004 :D

MXD
04-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Is it me, or the crowd wearing white in Pittsburgh, while the Pens wear Black and the Rags wear white just don't make any kind of sense?

raleh
04-25-2008, 10:42 PM
Is it me, or the crowd wearing white in Pittsburgh, while the Pens wear Black and the Rags wear white just don't make any kind of sense?

There's just a lot of Jagr fans in Pittsburgh, I guess.

Also, I'd like to move to have the word "Flyers" taken out of mine and GBC's team for the remainder of the second round.

EagleBelfour
04-25-2008, 10:46 PM

Also, I'd like to move to have the word "Flyers" taken out of mine and GBC's team for the remainder of the second round.

I would also be ashame to wear the word Flyers on my team name :D

FissionFire
04-26-2008, 01:41 AM

Done. Your new team name is the Philadelphia Habs Suck

Gibsons Finest
04-26-2008, 02:16 AM

Well, wearing yellow is kinda fruity, and a black-out is not a very good idea at all. Why Dallas did/is doing that, I don't know.

MXD
04-26-2008, 08:15 AM
Well, wearing yellow is kinda fruity, and a black-out is not a very good idea at all.

Would have like Boston to do this in the first round.

The See of Pea...

Yeah...

raleh
04-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Halte là, halte là, halte là, les Canadiens, les Canadiens. Halte là, halte là, halte là, les Canadiens, sont là. Les Canadiens, les Canadiens sont là!:yo:

EagleBelfour
04-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Halte là, halte là, halte là, les Canadiens, les Canadiens. Halte là, halte là, halte là, les Canadiens, sont là. Les Canadiens, les Canadiens sont là!:yo:

:clap:

FissionFire
04-26-2008, 11:49 PM
Well the Avs got spanked bad today.

Franzen has been incredible. Could he be the best player in the NHL since the start of March? He's got a good case.

MXD
04-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Hummm... Is there somebody who can told my why George Owen had such a short career?

raleh
04-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Hummm... Is there somebody who can told my why George Owen had such a short career?

I believe he took a coaching job or something of that nature.

raleh
04-28-2008, 08:48 PM
...what the **** just happened?

MXD
04-28-2008, 09:39 PM
...what the **** just happened?

I sharted.

vancityluongo
04-28-2008, 10:16 PM
More awesome music videos from vcl!

TId2NDiuu2s

MXD
04-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Wow... Nick Kypreos is the toolest of the tools... That Bettman/Burke/TML conspiracy not only doesn't make sense from a hockey POV, but also from a contract POV. Mr. Kypreos would probably have known this if he had some decent hockey skills...

FissionFire
04-29-2008, 01:06 PM
LW Ryan Smyth is OUT for Game 3.

C/LW Peter Forsberg and D Scott Hannan are PROBABLE.

Source: Colorado's Tuesday morning skate (http://redwingscorner.blogspot.com/2008/04/colorados-tuesday-morning-skate.html)

Av's are friggin cursed.....

Pwnasaurus
04-29-2008, 01:12 PM
At least I'm getting the West right.

Jungosi
05-01-2008, 01:33 AM
Do you have a legal holiday today in Canada? Just of curiosity.

MXD
05-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Do you have a legal holiday today in Canada? Just of curiosity.

No. It's like... Monday the 19th this year. And maybe Friday the 16th.

Pwnasaurus
05-01-2008, 10:18 PM
I think Detroit was tested enough in Round 1 (I actually had Nashville winning that series in 6 before it began and if the OT game goes different who knows) and I think got a hugely needed wakeup call. They will be on fire going into this series. Bank it.

I was only off by one game....sweep...I had the Lanche winning one. Ah well.

pitseleh
05-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Would it be acceptable to take Franzen as a spare forward for his clutch scoring? haha

MXD
05-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Would it be acceptable to take Franzen as a spare forward for his clutch scoring? haha

Only if you pair him with like.. John Druce.

nik jr
05-01-2008, 11:14 PM
Only if you pair him with like.. John Druce.

or steve payne and paul dipietro.

FissionFire
05-02-2008, 12:29 AM

I'd say yes. He's already got two playoff OT goals on his resume in only 3 seasons, and both of those goals were in a Game 5 with the series tied at 2-2.

shawnmullin
05-02-2008, 01:11 AM
How about a Franzen-Druce-Pisani line.

Jungosi
05-02-2008, 09:31 AM
How about a Franzen-Druce-Pisani line.

hmm should work for one draft , but in the next one it will fail miserably.

btw : http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=-iRRqQS9j2o video about my handball team ,I just felt that I should share this.

chaosrevolver
05-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Just so everyone knows, on the baseball forum I came up with an idea for an MLB All-Time Draft. Papershoes has expressed interest in helping and another member of HF is interested. If there are any baseball fans here, you might like this so join up.

EagleBelfour
05-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Just so everyone knows, on the baseball forum I came up with an idea for an MLB All-Time Draft. Papershoes has expressed interest in helping and another member of HF is interested. If there are any baseball fans here, you might like this so join up.

Always wanted to see a football and especially a baseball all-time draft. I don't know these sports enough to have a team, but I'll look to it very closely.

MXD
05-03-2008, 11:45 AM

I can definitely take part in this.

Pwnasaurus
05-03-2008, 11:50 AM
I can definitely take part in this.

<-- +1

chaosrevolver
05-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Sounds great guys.

Im thinking very similar to the hockey one but just baseball style.

Heres an idea from John Flyers Fan:

IMO should be national league rules (no DH)

LF
CF
RF
1B
2B
SS
3B
C

4 bench guys

5 starting pitches
3 reflief pitchers
1 manager
1 ballpark (so you can taylor make your team to the park)

22 rounds

I like it alot and I think it could work.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=13972878#post13972878

Thats the thread. Those who are interested just let me know. And if you have any suggestions either PM me or put them in either this thread or the one above. That way we can get organized and get this thing started.

Spitfire11
05-03-2008, 12:01 PM
I'm pretty sure baseball and football ones have both been done before. Nolan Ryan going in the top 5 was the big debate sparker.

John Flyers Fan
05-03-2008, 12:02 PM
We did a football one a few years ago. I think a baseball one, was done once before, but I wasn't a part of it. I posted in the baseball thread about some ideas for that draft.

I've actually thought about a one time all-inclusive giant draft, to see who may have the best all-around knowledge.

A combined hockey, baseball, basketball, football and hockey draft.

Hockey - 22 players
Baseball - 22 players
Basketball - 12 players
Football - 28 players

84 rounds ... and you could pick players from any sport in any round. Probably never happen, but could be fun.

papershoes
05-03-2008, 12:03 PM
I've actually thought about a one time all-inclusive giant draft, to see who may have the best all-around knowledge.

Hockey - 22 players
Baseball - 22 players
Basketball - 12 players
Football - 28 players

84 rounds ... and you could pick players from any sport in any round. Probably never happen, but could be fun.

that would be quite the undertaking - but fun nonetheless!

Pwnasaurus
05-03-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm pretty sure baseball and football ones have both been done before. Nolan Ryan going in the top 5 was the big debate sparker.

Insane.

chaosrevolver
05-03-2008, 12:08 PM
I just am as big of a fan of baseball as I am of hockey. And after playing the game BaseballMogul pretty heavily for the last week ive gotten thinking about it and really have a new love for the past of baseball. The Carew's, the Mays', the Banks', the Murray's, the Jenkins', etc.

Just thought it would be a pretty cool idea.

MXD
05-03-2008, 12:09 PM
We did a football one a few years ago. I think a baseball one, was done once before, but I wasn't a part of it. I posted in the baseball thread about some ideas for that draft.

Hockey - 22 players
Baseball - 22 players
Basketball - 12 players
Football - 28 players

Hummmm... I'd really have problems with basketball, and with football, i just don't know anything about offensive linemens that my first 5 picks will be the 5 guys I know.

John Flyers Fan
05-03-2008, 12:10 PM

Ryan might be the most overrated player in the history of team sports in this country (US).

MXD
05-03-2008, 12:10 PM
I just am as big of a fan of baseball as I am of hockey. And after playing the game BaseballMogul pretty heavily for the last week ive gotten thinking about it and really have a new love for the past of baseball. The Carew's, the Mays', the Banks', the Murray's, the Jenkins', etc.

Just thought it would be a pretty cool idea.

The thing with baseball is that it really evolved, when it comes to starting pitchers workload/relievers.

MXD
05-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Ryan might be the most overrated player in the history of team sports in this country (US).

Well, he's a starter for any AllTime baseball team, and probably not a first starter. I just wouldn't pick him 5th overall.

Man... I think my AT baseball teams might be completely different from my AT hockey teams. Probably have something to do with the fact I pitched for a while. (Then again, when I played hockey I was a D-Men...)

chaosrevolver
05-03-2008, 12:11 PM
The thing with baseball is that it really evolved, when it comes to starting pitchers workload/relievers.Yeah definetly.

But yeah we have 7 guys so far that have expressed interest and others who are thinking about it because of their knowledge for the sport.

FissionFire
05-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Well, he's a starter for any AllTime baseball team, and probably not a first starter. I just wouldn't pick him 5th overall.

Man... I think my AT baseball teams might be completely different from my AT hockey teams. Probably have something to do with the fact I pitched for a while. (Then again, when I played hockey I was a D-Men...)

Plus it's been proven countless times over the decades in baseball that pitching and defense will win over offense. Building a team around some huge bats but an average-to-poor pitching and defense doesn't work out that well usually (the current seasons Detroit Tigers being a prime example).

chaosrevolver
05-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Baseball sign-ups will be up hopefully some time tonight. Papershoes is putting together some names for Trophy's and Divisions while I might look into the rules a little.

If anyone has any ideas, pass them forward. And if you want to help, let me know what you can do (EX: Running Draft Picks, etc.).

pitseleh
05-03-2008, 07:44 PM
Scratch that, I'm drafting Umberger instead of Franzen.

pitseleh
05-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Jeez, what a melt down.

VanIslander
05-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Jeez, what a melt down.

Relying on a rookie goalie and a blueline that doesn't play defense?

This team is NOTHING like the 1986 and 1993 Canadiens I cheered to the cup. I feel sorry for Kovalev and Koivu. They simply haven't the supporting cast to go all the way. Counting on Price, Hamrlik, Brisebois, Gorges, Komisarek, Boullion to handle heavy minutes as a team's defensive core? BAH. Go play golf.

vancityluongo
05-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Relying on a rookie goalie and a blueline that doesn't play defense?

This team is NOTHING like the 1986 and 1993 Canadiens I cheered to the cup. I feel sorry for Kovalev and Koivu. They simply haven't the supporting cast to go all the way. Counting on Price, Hamrlik, Brisebois, Gorges, Komisarek, Boullion to handle heavy minutes as a team's defensive core? BAH. Go play golf.

The Habs are relying on "a offense is the best defense" kind of thing to win. If you keep scoring more goals then the other team, it doesn't matter how many you give up, you still win the game.

Too bad Biron is preventing them from scoring.

VanIslander
05-03-2008, 08:25 PM
The Habs are relying on "a offense is the best defense" kind of thing to win. If you keep scoring more goals then the other team, it doesn't matter how many you give up, you still win the game.
Ah, so they think they are Gretzky's Oilers or Lemieux's Penguins.

Tonight's game is 4-4 in the third but an embarassment to the sport: so sloppy, turnovers, blown checks, out of position defensmen, mistakes on almost every shift.

Dallas and Detroit are the class of the playoffs by far.

vancityluongo
05-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Ah, so they think they are Gretzky's Oilers or Lemieux's Penguins.

They aren't.

Yeah, and deep down inside I think they were hoping Price could be Dryden/Roy. The kid is great, and the way he's developed, he may make the ATD one day, but he isn't Roy.

And while I type this, he robs Briere, with all the pressure of Patrick Roy on his shoulders. :handclap:

VanIslander
05-03-2008, 08:32 PM
And while I type this, he robs Briere, with all the pressure of Patrick Roy on his shoulders. :handclap:
on a sloppy turnover that initiated that Briere breakaway... (Roy had an awesome core of defensively-talented skaters playing in front of him. Poor Price.).

pitseleh
05-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Montreal keeps making you look better and better VanI.

VanIslander
05-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Montreal keeps making you look better and better VanI.
Forsberg can be credited with winning this game.

(He finally did help the Flyers get to the eastern conference finals. Helping get Philly Upshall, Parent, and 1st,3rd picks for a nashville short-term rental).

John Flyers Fan
05-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Olé Olé Olé Olé Olé Olé Olé Olé Olé Olé Olé Olé !!!!!!!! :yo::yo::D:D

nik jr
05-03-2008, 08:56 PM
were the habs' management thinking that having a rookie in net was magic or lucky??

chaosrevolver
05-03-2008, 09:07 PM
were the habs' management thinking that having a rookie in net was magic or lucky??They were thinking he was the better option in net. Huet was leaving at the end of the year, and they thought it was best to give the young kid confidence and go with him. If we still have Huet..I dont think we get out of the first round.

chaosrevolver
05-03-2008, 09:24 PM
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=513402

Baseball sign up thread. Get your team.

vancityluongo
05-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Olé Olé Olé Olé Olé Olé Olé Olé Olé Olé Olé Olé !!!!!!!! :yo::yo::D:D

First Middleton, now you too? ;) The Flyers were the plain and simple better team, and Biron was a wall. Not much else to say.

Speaking of Habbieton, the Habs are out, so he can go back to being that goon Middleton, right?

John Flyers Fan
05-04-2008, 12:48 AM
First Middleton, now you too? ;) The Flyers were the plain and simple better team, and Biron was a wall. Not much else to say.

Speaking of Habbieton, the Habs are out, so he can go back to being that goon Middleton, right?

.... just a quick respone to Eagle Belfour and raleh's comments earlier in this thread. To the victor goes the spoils. :)

raleh
05-04-2008, 01:23 AM
.... just a quick respone to Eagle Belfour and raleh's comments earlier in this thread. To the victor goes the spoils. :)

I'd like to take this opportunity to announce that GBC will be taking over full responsibility of the Ottawa RCAF Flyers as co-gm raleh will be hanging himself tonight.

MXD
05-04-2008, 08:29 AM
La ville est knockée!!!

John Flyers Fan
05-04-2008, 11:06 AM
I'd like to take this opportunity to announce that GBC will be taking over full responsibility of the Ottawa RCAF Flyers as co-gm raleh will be hanging himself tonight.

.......... be sure to use Carbo's tie. :sarcasm:

chaosrevolver
05-04-2008, 11:52 AM
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=513402

4 More spots open!!

7 of the 12 GM's currently signed up are involved in ATD9

pitseleh
05-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Scratch Umberger, I want Nabokov after that ridiculous save.

vancityluongo
05-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Scratch Umberger, I want Nabokov after that ridiculous save.

Nabokov would actually make for a decent third stringer, IMO.

vancityluongo
05-05-2008, 12:29 AM
My god how long is this game going to go?

Jungosi
05-05-2008, 05:42 AM
My god how long is this game going to go? When I get up in the morning I usually check results. It was quite a suprise when I saw that the game was still running.

Btw : I want Morrow , he OWNED Michalek.

raleh
05-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Boy oh Boy was that game ever fun! I got drunk, then sober, and then drunk again!

God Bless Canada
05-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Boy oh Boy was that game ever fun! I got drunk, then sober, and then drunk again!
And our boy Morrow delivered a thundering hit, the series winners and a swath of other fine playes. The pride of Carlyle, Saskatchewan (along with Jim McKenzie) is the playoff MVP through the first two rounds.

Sorry, Jungosi, no way I'm trading a local boy (he grew up an hour from where I live, and he played his bantam hockey here) who plays that type of game. If Dallas wins the Cup, I'll get to talk to Morrow when he brings the Cup back to Carlyle. (McKenzie brought it to Carlyle when New Jersey won in 2003).

raleh
05-05-2008, 12:21 PM
And our boy Morrow delivered a thundering hit, the series winners and a swath of other fine playes. The pride of Carlyle, Saskatchewan (along with Jim McKenzie) is the playoff MVP through the first two rounds.

Sorry, Jungosi, no way I'm trading a local boy (he grew up an hour from where I live, and he played his bantam hockey here) who plays that type of game. If Dallas wins the Cup, I'll get to talk to Morrow when he brings the Cup back to Carlyle. (McKenzie brought it to Carlyle when New Jersey won in 2003).

And he looks so effing good beside Skov and Russell. I lost it when that hit happened, but nobody I was with could quite wrap their heads around an all time draft.

Leaf Lander
10-01-2008, 12:15 AM
i suppsoe we can still use this chat for idle talk

Murphy
10-01-2008, 01:39 PM
I keep coming here to check and see if a pick has been made and nuthin!!!!!

It would take me as long as it takes to type Gretzky and it'll be done. Better be a frikin blockbuster trade to take this long.

Leaf Lander
10-01-2008, 02:26 PM
as commish i feel its not my role to complain about the on goings of the draft even if it is taking longer then it should be

;)

Pwnasaurus
10-01-2008, 02:34 PM
verbal scars are peanuts compared to the beating I went through to take the player I wanted.

Leaf Lander
10-01-2008, 04:06 PM
verbal scars are peanuts compared to the beating I went through to take the player I wanted.

all your picks better not take this long;)

VanIslander
10-01-2008, 05:36 PM
:teach2: Hockey History Quiz Time!
http://www.funtrivia.com/playquiz/quiz20718817b9468.html

If you don't get at least 15/25 then you have a lot of homework to do for the draft!

I got 19.

pitseleh
10-01-2008, 06:10 PM
That was pretty good VanI. I managed to get 22, but I just guessed right about the record book guy.

Murphy
10-01-2008, 06:27 PM
11/25

Ouch!

Pwnasaurus
10-01-2008, 06:29 PM
all your picks better not take this long;)

Never missed a clock in 2 full ATD's. :nod:

17/25

pitseleh
10-01-2008, 06:34 PM
Never missed a clock in 2 full ATD's. :nod:

Hell, I don't think you ever used up more than an hour or two of your clock.

vancityluongo
10-01-2008, 06:38 PM
11/25

Ouch!

12!

Nothing to be proud of I guess, but at least it's not like everyone else is getting 25's.

VanIslander
10-01-2008, 06:42 PM
12!

Nothing to be proud of I guess, but at least it's not like everyone else is getting 25's.
though the quiz average is 13 ;)

pappyline
10-01-2008, 06:53 PM
scored 19

papershoes
10-01-2008, 07:21 PM
17 / 25 (nice find vanislander)

VanIslander
10-01-2008, 07:26 PM
(nice find vanislander)
yeah it is, isn't it? ... just doing my pre-draft research :rolly: and lovin' it

BM67
10-01-2008, 07:56 PM
23/25.

ck26
10-01-2008, 08:48 PM
I can't do it.

No, the quiz was easy (20/25).

I can't can't can't give props to the Fort Worth Fire. LL, change my team name back to Dallas Blackhawks, the greatness ... the first pro team to grace our fair burgh. The rivalry is still on (F Houston), but this way, I can live with myself in the morning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Black_Hawks

Edit: Go Hawks

Hockey Outsider
10-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Good find VanIslander. I got 19/25. I made a few stupid mistakes but I thought 8 and 19 were nearly impossible.

Leaf Lander
10-01-2008, 10:44 PM
25/25 losers:D

Nalyd Psycho
10-01-2008, 11:30 PM
20/25. All the player related ones I got right though.

VanIslander
10-02-2008, 12:19 AM
I feel better now. Any time one takes a history of hockey quiz and gets the exact same score as pappyline and Hockey Outsider, one is doing well enough! :nod:

ck26
10-02-2008, 06:54 AM
192019Clearly there is very little correlation between these scores and actual knowledge. I'm just hoping this isn't the last hfcompetition in which I out-do pappy.

Sadly, however ...

Jungosi
10-02-2008, 01:06 PM
I scored 13. Looks like I have to do some homework. I got most of the player-related questions right though including a pretty stupid mistake concerning Rory "Shrimp" Worters. I just misclicked on that one. But I think the quiz is very hard for someone who just cares about the players and not the buisness around. Anyway really nice find VanI.

MXD
10-02-2008, 01:47 PM
scored 20. Amongst the missed ones that I should have had right was the Bruce/Hod Stuart (the good answer was Tommy Smith).

pitseleh
10-02-2008, 02:07 PM
scored 20. Amongst the missed ones that I should have had right was the Bruce/Hod Stuart (the good answer was Tommy Smith).

I almost did the same thing until I remembered that Hod was inducted much earlier than 1962. That had to be one of the trickiest questions.

EagleBelfour
10-02-2008, 02:08 PM
Had 19, and yea it was a pretty difficult quiz. I would be surprise if any broadcaster around North-America score over 15 (And I'm VERY generous)

shawnmullin
10-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Had 19, and yea it was a pretty difficult quiz. I would be surprise if any broadcaster around North-America score over 15 (And I'm VERY generous)

I got 17 so that didn't take long Eagle ;)

EagleBelfour
10-02-2008, 04:40 PM
I got 17 so that didn't take long Eagle ;)

Not fair! You know what I meant: The Cherry's, Cole's, Neale's and Pedneault's of this world. The one's who don't consecrate half their free time on the History of hockey and the All-Time Draft :D

VanIslander
10-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Not fair! You know what I meant: The Cherry's, Cole's, Neale's... of this world.
Yeah, unless it was about the history of the Leafs. Then they'd ace it.

vancityluongo
10-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Yeah, unless it was about the history of the Leafs. Then they'd ace it.

Pfft, even then, I doubt they'd ace it, and I can bet a couple guys on here probably would do better.

chaosrevolver
10-03-2008, 05:08 PM
10...haha I guess thats why ive already done my research:laugh:

pitseleh
10-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Not a lot of drama with picks so far. I'm just waiting for the first 'thinking outside the box' pick. I'm hoping someone takes a sumo wrestler to play goal or Mike Tyson to be their team's enforcer.

Nalyd Psycho
10-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Not a lot of drama with picks so far. I'm just waiting for the first 'thinking outside the box' pick. I'm hoping someone takes a sumo wrestler to play goal or Mike Tyson to be their team's enforcer.

Would Bruce Lee be a left wing or right wing?

pitseleh
10-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Would Bruce Lee be a left wing or right wing?

He was pretty versatile, I think he could play either. Bruce Lee would be a damn good team trainer though. You'd have the best conditioned team in the draft, hands down. Plus I'm sure they'd be able to kick some ass.

Nalyd Psycho
10-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Maybe too well conditioned...

Jungosi
10-05-2008, 05:58 AM
What about Harry Potter then? I'm sure he is a wizzard on the puck and is Quidditch expirience should help him a lot. He is also very durable and often did very well while being under enourmous pressure and facing adversity by the press.

vancityluongo
10-05-2008, 01:50 PM
What about Harry Potter then? I'm sure he is a wizzard on the puck and is Quidditch expirience should help him a lot. He is also very durable and often did very well while being under enourmous pressure and facing adversity by the press.

Too many distractions. Will he be able to focus, or will he constantly have his mind on lesser importances like Voldemort, or Ron Weasley.

VanIslander
10-05-2008, 09:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PeEaNzg4os

turn up the volume... and you're welcome! :)

and they're Swedes! ... they're better than all the American versions including you know who

Nalyd Psycho
10-05-2008, 09:56 PM
And here I thought I was gonna be Rick rolled, but that's pretty good.