Jere Karalahti

MSteudle
02-07-2004, 06:27 PM
Is he still fighting his demons What's the latest update? Any chance of him returning to NA . Was pretty decent when he played in LA.

SmokeyClause
02-07-2004, 10:35 PM
Is he still fighting his demons What's the latest update? Any chance of him returning to NA . Was pretty decent when he played in LA.

I think the only demon he has is that he likes to drink. I don't think he was any worse than a lot of players, but with his drug past, the NHL wouldn't tolerate it. Maybe if his name was Theo Fleury.

Spiffy
02-08-2004, 04:00 AM
Well he isn't suspended from playing in the NHL anymore but I doubt anyone would want to take him even if he would have a big change in attitude. Jerks that choose that drinking alot of alcohol is more important than playing top-notch hockey don't deserve to be in the NHL. It is too bad that he is a jerk... He could easily be one of Finland's greatest d-men, he has pretty much it all, is sound defensively, plays an awesome positional play, hits hard, is a good skater, has a heck of a shot, is a good passer who florishes on both special teams.

Slime
02-08-2004, 07:08 AM
Jerks that choose that drinking alot of alcohol is more important than playing top-notch hockey don't deserve to be in the NHL. It is too bad that he is a jerk...

Why does alcohol problems make him a jerk? Jerk means a being a bad person, a guy that is mean to other people.

I think Jere Karalahti was pretty cool saying F U to the big $$, and instead returning home, where he is actually welcomed! Instead of being treated with an american hypocrit attitude. I mean who doesn't drink, he is an adult and what he chooses to do on his free time should be his own business and no one elses.

Hail Jere! :bow:

MSteudle
02-09-2004, 02:32 AM
Drinking is ok. As long as he doesn't affect anyone elses life in the process I'm a bit disappointed he isn't playing currently or is he? He's one of the reasons I got to like hockey.

Spiffy
02-09-2004, 02:38 AM
Drinking is ok I guess. As long as he doesn't affect anyone elses life in the process I'm a bit disappointed he isn't playing currently or is he? He's one of the reasons I got to like hockey.
Jere is playing with HIFK of the finnish SM-liiga.