Participation in the All-Time Draft?

JFA87-66-99
07-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Hey guys,
I'd really like to participate in one of these all-time drafts? I have a lot of knowledge about the history of the game and about a 250 book library. A couple of years ago me and my brother created the top 100 NHL players of all-time & the top 50 Non-Nhlers of all-time on our Xbox hockey game. Then did a fantasy draft and it was the coolest franchise ever even though it took a very long time especiallysince we made all the players accurately which took months of research. Could someone PM me with the details please. And sorry to make a thread but I wasn't sure how you sign up. I'll delete this thread once I get a response. Thanks

Leaf Lander
07-09-2008, 09:39 PM
we will study your posts and get back to you.

JFA87-66-99
07-10-2008, 08:05 AM

What do you mean you will study my posts? I don't think there's really anything to study. Let me know. Thanks

pappyline
07-10-2008, 09:03 AM
What do you mean you will study my posts? I don't think there's really anything to study. Let me know. Thanks
Most people that participate in the ATD draft are regular posters in the History of Hockey forum. Your posts all seem to fall into current hockey type forums.

Having said that, you sure sound like you are interested in the history of hockey and IMO would make a good addition, As for the ATD, regular participants usually get first crack. However, there are always people looking for a Co-Gm and that might be the roll you would have to play in your first ATD.

JFA87-66-99
07-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Most people that participate in the ATD draft are regular posters in the History of Hockey forum. Your posts all seem to fall into current hockey type forums.

Having said that, you sure sound like you are interested in the history of hockey and IMO would make a good addition, As for the ATD, regular participants usually get first crack. However, there are always people looking for a Co-Gm and that might be the roll you would have to play in your first ATD.

Okay that sound great. And I understand completely that you guys need people with vast knowledge of the history of the game and the players to participate and be dedicated. I have been reading through some of the threads and I see how much time and effort goes into these all-time drafts. I am going to start posting a lot more in the history of hockey forum so the regulars will start to notice me a lot more. And I will be perfectly fine with being a co-gm for my first few times or whatever. But just so you guys Know that I'm am very interested and I think you guys will be surprised with some of my knowledge. Like I said above I have many many books about hockey and I am very facinated with historic players and such. Actually I have an ancestor/relative who's name is on the Stanley Cup. His name is Josh Arnold and he played back in the 1890's. I'll look forward to hearing from one of you guys. Thanks Again!

Rick Middleton
07-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Seriously man, this isn't exactly an elitist camp of hockey snobs. If he's willing and able then by all means he can join in the next ATD, if not as a full GM then as a part-time GM.

Transplanted Caper
07-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Seriously man, this isn't exactly an elitist camp of hockey snobs. If he's willing and able then by all means he can join in the next ATD, if not as a full GM then as a part-time GM.

You made sure of that Ricky. I kid, I kid.

JFA87-66-99
07-10-2008, 12:46 PM
I was wondering what are some good books about all-time european hockey players? I have Kings Of Ice which is one of my favorites and a few others, but I wanted something about all-time players like Vladimir Zabrodsky, Sven "Tumba" Johansson, Yuri Pantyukhov, & maybe a few new guys etc. With good profiles about the players careers and stats and such. Thanks

Rick Middleton
07-10-2008, 01:40 PM
I was wondering what are some good books about all-time european hockey players? I have Kings Of Ice which is one of my favorites and a few others, but I wanted something about all-time players like Vladimir Zabrodsky, Sven "Tumba" Johansson, Yuri Pantyukhov, & maybe a few new guys etc. With good profiles about the players careers and stats and such. Thanks

PM Jungosi or nikjr, they may be able to help you out there.

seventieslord
07-10-2008, 05:01 PM

That can't be how you got in.

ck26
07-10-2008, 05:07 PM
we will study your posts and get back to you.:dunno:

Way to be a dick. It shouldn't come at the expense of more experienced folks, but with so much co-GM'ing, there's no reason we can't find a spot for everyone who wants to participate.

Leaf Lander
07-11-2008, 01:40 AM

yes it is an elitist forum

btw u better pull up your socks:D

Leaf Lander
07-11-2008, 01:48 AM
That can't be how you got in.

I started the all time draft along with GB, BM67, Spitfire,#66 Johns Flyers fan monkey,and Maxwell Edison
Then as tehdrafts went along we added soem freat stellar gms like; vanislander. evil sather, kruezer, god bless canada. pnep hockey outsider and murphy joined us to make for a very strong base of gms which made the draft better and more extensive.

Most of the teams drafted now are formed from our earlier efforts

My teams are always udnerrated. I do my hoemwork and I get info on all my players and I try to presnet it the best I can.'

I just wnated to mention that there are even newer gms who have done a terrifc job drafting teams.Not slighting you guys :bow:

chaosrevolver
07-21-2008, 01:03 AM
Well I have never posted on the History forum and I got in without trouble. Granted for JFA, I suggest starting in the MLD..it actually prepared me quite well for the All Time Draft.

camperjr
08-17-2008, 08:09 PM
Hey guys,
I'd really like to participate in one of these all-time drafts? I have a lot of knowledge about the history of the game and about a 250 book library. A couple of years ago me and my brother created the top 100 NHL players of all-time & the top 50 Non-Nhlers of all-time on our Xbox hockey game. Then did a fantasy draft and it was the coolest franchise ever even though it took a very long time especiallysince we made all the players accurately which took months of research. Could someone PM me with the details please. And sorry to make a thread but I wasn't sure how you sign up. I'll delete this thread once I get a response. Thanks

I would also like to show interest in joining the next ATD.

VanIslander
08-27-2008, 06:15 PM
I would also like to show interest in joining the next ATD.
Newbie, you drafted Jordan Staal and Vesa Toskala as all-time next bests in the ATD-ML#9.:shakehead

That said, you can certainly be a co-g.m. in the main draft with a more experienced g.m..

EagleBelfour
08-28-2008, 11:25 PM
So when does this thing start again? First time in months I think about the team I wanna construct in the next ATD. The break was fine but I think it's time we start another one :yo: