MLD #9 Sign-Up Part Deux

Transplanted Caper
08-12-2008, 08:23 PM
The other thread seems to have gotten a bit off track, so we may as well do a roll call for this thing once again. I think a 10-12 team cap is probably best given how big the main draft has gotten but I'm pliable on that depending on what the other GMs want. So, I'm in, and I'm willing to help run/coordinate things as well.

The GM's
Transplanted Caper - Peterborough Petes
God Bless Canada - Humboldt Indians
seventieslord - Regina Capitals
pitseleh + Wisent - Bergen Flyers
vancityluongo - Vancouver Giants
chaosrevolver and natethegreat - Belleville Bulls
shawnmullin - Rossland Warriors
camperjr - Kelowna Rockets

Transplanted Caper
08-12-2008, 08:24 PM
As an homage to my hometown for four years while I slaved away at post-secondary education I will enter into the fray as the ....

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:feVRTKmKTEzIbM:http://www.****************/images/logos/3/374/full/3109.gif

Peterborough Petes

seventieslord
08-13-2008, 10:04 AM
You beat me to it. I've been running a PM campaign to get it going again too. I've PM'd everyone who showed interest earlier on but I don't think I PMd you. Did I just miss you, or did you decline to join back then? Anyway, good to know that there is interest. So far Wisent, Natethegreat, chaosrevolver, and pitseleh have joined and I'm working on VCL. I'm willing to run it or be the co-commissioner.

As mentioned in my PMs, to accomodate the October start time of ATD10, my recommendations are a 4 hour time limit, 2 picks at a time starting in round 9, no trades involving the active pick, and competitive playoffs without time-consuming writeups.

What do you think of all this?

We have at least 5 teams. NTG and CR were originally going to be a team but to spread the talent out more, have offered to separate. Wisent may only join as Pitseleh's co-GM but I'm hoping we can convince them to disband so as to increase the # of teams. I'd like to see 6 or more teams, to be able to have this so we may want to look at taking on a couple newbies.

God Bless Canada
08-13-2008, 10:59 AM
I'll be in with the Humboldt Indians, but only if running this draft doesn't come at the expense of starting ATD 10 in about a month.

seventieslord
08-13-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm not the only one interested in running this now, so I'm not going to come in and say this is how it has to be, but if we follow the suggestions I proposed, with 8 teams in the draft, a round can only take a theoretical maximum of 32 hours but will probably take closer to half that. 24 rounds would then take 16 days. Two days per playoff round times three, plus the time it takes to collect and compile votes, and I think less than 30 days is easy to do. Worst case scenario - we're finishing up the finals or semifinals when everyone wants ATD10 to start - in which case they can just start it since this wouldn't undermine it at all.

seventieslord
08-13-2008, 12:49 PM
sorry, scratch that 16 day estimate... with 16 of the 24 rounds being done at double speed we'd be looking at a theoretical maximum of 32 hrs per round for the first 8, and 16 thereafter. That would be a theoretical max of 21 days, but would probably be closer to 12. That would allow us to have a little more fun in the playoffs (3 days of discussion per series, perhaps?) or an extra playoff round if we end up with 9-12 teams instead of the estimated 8.

pitseleh
08-13-2008, 01:06 PM
I'd prefer to be a co-GM with Wisent as my availability will be a bit hit or miss over the next few weeks and I believe Wisent is in a similar boat. If there is a need for us to separate to add another team to the draft, I could live with it though.

I like seventieslord's timeline.

seventieslord
08-13-2008, 02:25 PM
I'd prefer to be a co-GM with Wisent as my availability will be a bit hit or miss over the next few weeks and I believe Wisent is in a similar boat. If there is a need for us to separate to add another team to the draft, I could live with it though.

I like seventieslord's timeline.

I certainly would prefer that you did so that it created another entry and contributed to a better draft, so if you're open to breaking up, I am not going to try to stop you.. I'd assume you only would if it was feasible.

vancityluongo
08-13-2008, 03:32 PM
That's my problem too. My availability is going to be on and off, so I'd prefer having a co-GM whose around a lot...but if one can't be found, I guess I could find some way of pulling it off.

Transplanted Caper
08-13-2008, 04:30 PM
sorry, scratch that 16 day estimate... with 16 of the 24 rounds being done at double speed we'd be looking at a theoretical maximum of 32 hrs per round for the first 8, and 16 thereafter. That would be a theoretical max of 21 days, but would probably be closer to 12. That would allow us to have a little more fun in the playoffs (3 days of discussion per series, perhaps?) or an extra playoff round if we end up with 9-12 teams instead of the estimated 8.

I think this process makes sense and I support it fully.

seventieslord
08-13-2008, 05:06 PM
Good to hear.

See, there was never really a question about whether we could have the MLD. The question really is, how much of a focus do we have to put on getting it over with? This system should work for everyone.

God Bless Canada
08-14-2008, 12:01 PM
When would this start? Is Monday too soon?

I can help run things if need be.

seventieslord
08-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Monday? Heck, we could start Saturday as long as we're sure we know who's on board.

I'm the Regina Capitals, by the way.

vancityluongo
08-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Shoddy Vancouver Giants again.

chaosrevolver
08-14-2008, 10:49 PM
I will take the Belleville Bulls. I cannot guarentee Nate will do this but I will talk to him ASAP.

Wisent
08-15-2008, 04:35 AM
I am in with Pitseleh as I am in a similar situation that he is. If he has nothing against it, we will go with the name BERGEN FLYERS.

seventieslord
08-15-2008, 09:42 AM
I guess when we hear from Nate, we can begin. If we hear from anyone else in the meantime, even better. Most likely we're looking at 6-7 teams.

Transplanted Caper
08-15-2008, 03:36 PM
I guess when we hear from Nate, we can begin. If we hear from anyone else in the meantime, even better. Most likely we're looking at 6-7 teams.

Yep. I think Monday is the best kick-off date. Allows people time to draft a comprehensive list of players. With people working, out and about in the summer, I don't think people will realistically be able to be around for their picks on any given day given the quick turnaround time with such a small group of GMs. I can update in the mornings and evenings, but unfortunately won't be online 9-5 most weekdays, so having people willing to take lists will be key.

chaosrevolver
08-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Ok guys. Nate (Jon) doesnt really feel comfortable with running his own team. So he and I would prefer to team up with the Belleville Bulls.

Sorry guys.

Transplanted Caper
08-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Ok guys. Nate (Jon) doesnt really feel comfortable with running his own team. So he and I would prefer to team up with the Belleville Bulls.

Sorry guys.

Thanks for the headsup chaos.

shawnmullin
08-15-2008, 10:20 PM
You know what, I'm feeling the itch again.... if you want an extra team I'll jump back in. With so few teams I think it'll actually be fun with how quick the draft will move.

I'm such a fair weather MLDer ;) I'm committed though. Should be fun.

Again in honour of Dallas Drake's Cup win and retirement this year, I'll go with his Junior A team the Rossland Warriors.

http://www.logoserver.com/hockey/RosslandWarriors7880.GIF

seventieslord
08-16-2008, 12:08 AM
Perfect! 8 solid teams. It's too bad (IMO) that in the end, the co-GMs couldn't split up, but them's the breaks! I'm really looking forward to this.

I can take lists, and I am at work on a computer for work hours. I am not supposed to be online, but I spend my whole lunch break chatting on the boards and I cavort here and there throughout the day so it will make it easy on the draft having me partially running things.

I won't take anyone's list if I pick before them, though. I don't ever want to be in a situation where I don't pick a player I want because he's on the next guy's list and the perception may be that I sniped him intentionally.

Leaf Lander
08-16-2008, 04:31 AM
2 picks at a time sound like a good idea.

when is this starting? this weekend?

camperjr
08-17-2008, 09:14 AM
I'll join. Could I be the Kelowna Rockets?

Transplanted Caper
08-17-2008, 09:41 AM
I'll join. Could I be the Kelowna Rockets?

Yep, that gives us 8, looks like we're good to go.

camperjr
08-17-2008, 03:23 PM
I am looking for a co-G.M if someone not in this draft would like to join. Thanks

TheNudge
08-22-2008, 11:04 PM
If there s any place and if u redraft i m in for sure. So if u do redraft when is it and at what time. Thx. I ll be the Moscow Jets

seventieslord
08-23-2008, 05:29 AM
If there s any place and if u redraft i m in for sure. So if u do redraft when is it and at what time. Thx. I ll be the Moscow Jets

It's too late for this time around. But the way this one is going, who knows, we might even have a AAA draft! Keep your head up and you might get a chance in that one.