NHLers in the World Championships?

Graham
02-22-2004, 05:05 PM
With the World Championships being held in the Czech Republic this year, and with the World Cup coming up, do you think that any Czechs not in the NHL playoffs will be more likely to play in the WC this year? Some exciting names outside the playoffs just now! Jagr, Sykora, ...

Graham.

musdy
04-04-2004, 04:04 PM
dorak nedved thats all i know

Kyri
04-04-2004, 04:40 PM
Jagr will play.

Vagrant
04-05-2004, 01:56 PM
Josef Vasicek will certainly get a look. His play has broken out this year and he's had a 19G 25A season that could have easily been more. I'm fairly certain they'll take a look at him.

Possibly Radim Vrbata as well. He played well at last year's championships, didn't he?

Hugokv
04-06-2004, 01:37 AM
Josef Vasicek will certainly get a look. His play has broken out this year and he's had a 19G 25A season that could have easily been more. I'm fairly certain they'll take a look at him.

Possibly Radim Vrbata as well. He played well at last year's championships, didn't he?
He played well against weak teams last year, but he was invisible in the rest of the tournament.

endacka
04-07-2004, 04:48 AM
Here are the players who were invited, some of them might not get to the final roster.
Čechmánek - Modrý, Škoula, Špaček, Rachůnek, F. Kaberle, Melichar - Jágr, Straka, Výborný, Dvořák, Prospal, Hlaváč, Sýkora, Vašíček, Hemský, Kraft.

endacka
04-08-2004, 10:24 AM
:o Czech republic will have a strong roster this year...

Prospal - Straka - Jágr
Hlaváč - Vašíček - Dvořák
Hemský - Sýkora(make him centre again) - ?
? - Kraft - ?

Modrý - Špaček
Škoula - Kaberla
Racůnek - Melichar

Sounds scary to me...

Yes, there is a great pressure on the coach cause the WC are in the Czech. So he is trying to pick up as many great players as possible to succed - to win. It will be very difficult for Lener cause he has to put in some names from Europe as well, such as Dopita, Vlasak, Olesz (I strongly believe he will be in the team, maybe as 13th forward), Kadlec, Balastik, Leska, Blatak, Prucha, Beranek, Sup, Klepis and others.

Ola
04-12-2004, 10:44 AM
Yes, there is a great pressure on the coach cause the WC are in the Czech. So he is trying to pick up as many great players as possible to succed - to win. It will be very difficult for Lener cause he has to put in some names from Europe as well, such as Dopita, Vlasak, Olesz (I strongly believe he will be in the team, maybe as 13th forward), Kadlec, Balastik, Leska, Blatak, Prucha, Beranek, Sup, Klepis and others.

Can any one help translate this link?

http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ&webid=0&debug=&akce=clanek&id=21034

Does Petr Prucha have a good shoot of making it to the World Championships?

Jovavic
04-13-2004, 01:06 PM
What about Klesla? Surely he's better than Melichar...

TUQ
04-15-2004, 08:19 AM
:o Czech republic will have a strong roster this year...

Prospal - Straka - Jágr
Hlaváč - Vašíček - Dvořák
Hemský - Sýkora(make him centre again) - ?
? - Kraft - ?

Modrý - Špaček
Škoula - Kaberla
Racůnek - Melichar

Sounds scary to me...
Prospal won´t play on wing, so Straka - Prospa - Jagr is a possibility... Dopita will play in one of two firts lines for sure...maybe with Jagr. Sykora won´t play, Kraft won´t make the team I think, Melichar as well.

endacka
04-16-2004, 10:26 AM
What about Klesla? Surely he's better than Melichar...

Is injured.

endacka
04-16-2004, 10:31 AM
Prospal won´t play on wing, so Straka - Prospa - Jagr is a possibility... Dopita will play in one of two firts lines for sure...maybe with Jagr. Sykora won´t play, Kraft won´t make the team I think, Melichar as well.

Yea, Sykora is injured as well and that sucks. Jagr- Straka and a left wing, maybe Hlavac, I see Dopita as a 3rd liner on this team, playing with some fast guys, youngsters. Right now it is pretty tough to say ho will make the team and who will not, there are some 30-35 players on the roster with some others possible not making 2round playoffs.
Just hope that

CZECH WINS!!!!!!!!!!

Jovavic
04-16-2004, 10:40 PM
Is injured.

Is he still recovering from Maltby's dirty hit into the open bench door? Last we heard in Columbus is that he'd be good to go in a few weeks, and that was two weeks ago.

If he wasn't injured, would he have made the team? Does he have any shot at being on the World Cup squad?

endacka
04-17-2004, 08:17 AM
Is he still recovering from Maltby's dirty hit into the open bench door? Last we heard in Columbus is that he'd be good to go in a few weeks, and that was two weeks ago.

If he wasn't injured, would he have made the team? Does he have any shot at being on the World Cup squad?

He for sure has the skills to be on the team for WC but there is plenty of D-men even from NHL. If he was healthy, he would be invited to the camp.
World cup is another chapter. Kaberle T, Spacek, Kubina, Zidlicky, Kuba, Hamrlik, Skoula, Modry. All these are better than him right now, at least I think so, so making the final World Cup roster will be very tough for him.

dats-13
04-19-2004, 03:53 PM

DIRTY HIT?????

you have got to be kidding me....

AEKaki
04-22-2004, 06:42 PM

I agree that Melichar isn't that good for the team, but Kraft sure deserves to play.
He's a good young player and he's really underated.

Why are you guys so down on Kraft?

Jacob
04-23-2004, 02:10 AM
I read that Kraft made the team. Vasicek was the final cut.

TUQ
04-23-2004, 05:06 AM
I read that Kraft made the team. Vasicek was the final cut.

That´s right and it surprised mi a bit. I was really high on Vasicek. He deserves to be in the team, he playd well in frendlies with Russia.
Kraft is a good, skilled player, I am not down on him, but we have better players, which, in my mind, schould be in the team.

But nomination of Kraft and nonnomination of Vasicek wasn´t the biggest surprise...
Czechs know, how "good" players Sup and Hejda are :banghead: and the are in the team :eek: :cry:

Slats432
04-23-2004, 09:27 AM
Any idea why Hemsky got cut?

endacka
04-23-2004, 11:43 AM
Any idea why Hemsky got cut?

Right, the fact that Vasicek and Modry were cut from the roster WAS a surprise but WHY THE HELL Hamsky was cut???!!! I considered him as a sure think, 2nd liner. Oh yes, and Sup stayed with the team, although in my opinion, he has NOT international skill level.

Final roster:

Goalies:

Tomáš Vokoun (Nashville, NHL), Roman Čechmánek (Los Angeles, NHL), Dušan Salfický (CSKA Moskva, Russia).

D-men:

Jaroslav Špaček (Columbus, NHL), František Kaberle (Atlanta, NHL), Roman Hamrlík (New York Islanders, NHL), Jan Hejda (CSKA Moskva, Russia), Martin Škoula (Anaheim, NHL), Jiří Šlégr (Boston, NHL), Jan Novák (Slavia Praha), Radek Hamr (Färjestad, Švédsko).

Offense:

Martin Havlát (Ottawa, NHL), Martin Ručinský (Vancouver, NHL), Michal Sup (Slavia Praha), Milan Kraft (Pittsburgh, NHL), Jan Hlaváč (New York Rangers, NHL), Jiří Dopita (Pardubice), Josef Beránek (Slavia Praha), Václav Prospal (Anaheim, NHL), Martin Straka (Los Angeles, NHL), David Výborný (Columbus, NHL), Radek Dvořák (Edmonton, NHL), Petr Průcha (Pardubice), Jaromír Jágr (New York Rangers, NHL), Jaroslav Hlinka (Kazaň, Russia).

endacka
04-23-2004, 11:50 AM
Heard from a czech friend that he showed skill but not much intensity nor will. Skillwise he should've been there.

I did not see any of those two games he played but I talked to some friends and they told me, that he was our best player in the first one and he was descent in the second. If it is truth what you are saying, if he did not show the will, he should not have made the team and he was cut from the roster for a reason.

But still, Hemsky is sure great player to watch.

Golbez
04-24-2004, 12:02 AM
I did not see any of those two games he played but I talked to some friends and they told me, that he was our best player in the first one and he was descent in the second. If it is truth what you are saying, if he did not show the will, he should not have made the team and he was cut from the roster for a reason.

But still, Hemsky is sure great player to watch.

It's good to see the Czechs returning to the method of building a team with a strong European core. Players like Sup, Hejda, Dopita, and Novak are quality players, play the European style well, and play the Czech system well. We saw the best results from Czechia at the Olympics and WC when they used a good Euro core. When they went for all-NHLers, they did poorly (Salt Lake City, etc).

Of course, Slovakia will kick their a$$es to high heaven. My na to mame ;)

endacka
04-24-2004, 03:41 AM
It's good to see the Czechs returning to the method of building a team with a strong European core. Players like Sup, Hejda, Dopita, and Novak are quality players, play the European style well, and play the Czech system well. We saw the best results from Czechia at the Olympics and WC when they used a good Euro core. When they went for all-NHLers, they did poorly (Salt Lake City, etc).

Of course, Slovakia will kick their a$$es to high heaven. My na to mame ;)

I would not call 6 players a strong europian core but you might be right, it is good that there are some players from Czech and Russian league. The thing I am afraid of, is that this team will be all offence, just like in Salt Lake, producing great hockey but beying scored against very often. The Czech score in their last two games against Russia and Canada is 12 - 13.

Oh, and :lol . Not that you were not strong but you see, ... we are clearly stronger and have more confidence, your only hope is not to meet us in the Quatrefinals.

Czech :yo:

jdhebner
04-27-2004, 12:26 PM
Could someone translate this article about V. Prospal?

http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ&webid=259&debug=&akce=clanek&id=21063

endacka
04-27-2004, 01:20 PM
Could someone translate this article about V. Prospal?

http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ&webid=259&debug=&akce=clanek&id=21063

In short, he is speaking about the usuccesful season in Anaheim, about the defensive style he calls antihockey the Anaheim played for the whole season, about the fact, he did not play with Petr Sykora and about his exitement for being invited to the Czech national team.

jdhebner
04-27-2004, 03:18 PM
Thanks.