Child Prodigy

richardson100
09-20-2008, 10:13 PM
Alright, so I know that child prodigies in hockey only come along once in a blue, but they do happen. Crosby first got noticed when he was 13. Are there any youngsters who are starting to raise some eye brows like Crosby did?

Heat McManus
09-20-2008, 10:17 PM
there was a kid a few years ago named Horylchuck or something, but I haven't heard anything since. Other than that, nothing since Tavares has had the hype.

Vikke
09-20-2008, 10:20 PM
That kid from winnipeg (??), nine years old or something? baseball talent as well. He comes to mind.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*
09-20-2008, 10:21 PM
Where's Orca Wiesblat :P

DreamCatcher*
09-20-2008, 10:32 PM
wasn't there a news feature on a kid that scored 200+ goals in a season?

Passchendaele
09-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Jayce Hawryluk?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-7-gxXfK34

octopi
09-20-2008, 10:45 PM
I remember a tv special on Russian hockey a couple years back, and they feature a kid named Zhenya Kuznetsov who was tearing up his league at age 12.

Qubax
09-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Anyone remember that kid, I think he was maybe from B.C....his name was something like "Ocean _ _ _ _ _ _"..I can remember his last name...but I remember thinking...who names their kid Ocean??? And maybe he actually will be good...

The Korean*
09-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Any Badgers fans here? A 14 year old committed to Wisconsin.

Don Draper
09-21-2008, 06:04 PM
there is always hope for dustin rose

rt
09-21-2008, 06:10 PM

I just knew that name would be resurected in this thread.

Stealth JD
09-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Anyone remember that kid, I think he was maybe from B.C....his name was something like "Ocean _ _ _ _ _ _"..I can remember his last name...but I remember thinking...who names their kid Ocean??? And maybe he actually will be good...Ocean Wiesblatt...he with the brother named Orca Wiesblatt

Hale The Villain
09-21-2008, 10:32 PM
Jayce Hawryluk?

He kinda sucks now

Well he's ok, just like everyone else. The team he is playing in that video was about 30 minutes from where I live. So is he like famous or something?

hockeywhiz
09-21-2008, 11:47 PM
Where's Orca Wiesblat :P

Didn't you see Orca Wiesblatt in Chicago last summer. He was the only 2000 born player on 1999 Chicago Selects team in Las Vegas. He joined Ocean and his teammates for one major tournament. Orca and Ocean were the only British Columbia born players representing 1999 Chicago Cougars.
I was a junior instructor at try out camp and saw four Wiesblatt boys. They're awesome. They are talking about Wiesblatt boys becoming next great hockey family. Of course, hockey is a great passion in Canada where Sutters, Niedermayers, Stalls, and Wiesblatts come from. One of parents mentioned to me that Ocean is riding 120 to 150 km every week during summer time. Other interesting thing about Ocean, he had been growing his hair in order to donate it for wigs for those battling cancer. I think it was about 15 inches that he donated. so, he's extremely mature and has a mental toughness. I could see he has a strong leadership as well.
However, I heard another rumor about Wiesblatt boys that a neighbouring association tried to recruit them because they would put Ocean in pee wee level instead of Atom and other kids in higher level. But, they backed out because their local minor hockey association threatened them with a long term suspension. Anyway, Wiesblatt boys are true child prodigies.

AgentNaslund*
09-22-2008, 02:31 AM
Alright, so I know that child prodigies in hockey only come along once in a blue, but they do happen. Crosby first got noticed when he was 13. Are there any youngsters who are starting to raise some eye brows like Crosby did?

Dave Gagner knew about Cody Hodgsons and Steve Stamkos when they were both 11 years old.

Jason Spezza was known by alot of scouts when he was age 11.

Sidney Crosby was probably discovered way before the age of 13.

Alot of star players get discovered, dosent mean, its "hes gonna be a super star"
but more like, "hes probably gonna end up playing in the NHL one day" type

Sony Eriksson*
09-22-2008, 09:14 AM
Ocean Wiesblatt...he with the brother named Orca Wiesblatt

Vancouver should sign Orca!

Teddy Peckman
09-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Vancouver should sign Orca!

Too bad the Whalers weren't still around. He could play on Hartford, and Ocean could play for the Islanders.

Cactus Jack
09-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Taylar Hall is only 16 or 17.

deanosaur
09-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Taylar Hall is only 16 or 17.

I really wouldn't call him a child prodigy. He is very good though.

JFA87-66-99
09-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Didn't you see Orca Wiesblatt in Chicago last summer. He was the only 2000 born player on 1999 Chicago Selects team in Las Vegas. He joined Ocean and his teammates for one major tournament. Orca and Ocean were the only British Columbia born players representing 1999 Chicago Cougars.
I was a junior instructor at try out camp and saw four Wiesblatt boys. They're awesome. They are talking about Wiesblatt boys becoming next great hockey family. Of course, hockey is a great passion in Canada where Sutters, Niedermayers, Stalls, and Wiesblatts come from. One of parents mentioned to me that Ocean is riding 120 to 150 km every week during summer time. Other interesting thing about Ocean, he had been growing his hair in order to donate it for wigs for those battling cancer. I think it was about 15 inches that he donated. so, he's extremely mature and has a mental toughness. I could see he has a strong leadership as well.
However, I heard another rumor about Wiesblatt boys that a neighbouring association tried to recruit them because they would put Ocean in pee wee level instead of Atom and other kids in higher level. But, they backed out because their local minor hockey association threatened them with a long term suspension. Anyway, Wiesblatt boys are true child prodigies.

How many points did Ocean score in atom hockey? It must have been a lot to be considered for Pee Wee already
What is the youngest a player has ever played Pee Wee level hockey?

CM-
09-23-2008, 02:17 AM
How many points did Ocean score in atom hockey? It must have been a lot to be considered for Pee Wee already
What is the youngest a player has ever played Pee Wee level hockey?

Wasn't Gretzky 9 or 10 in Pee wee hockey but it could be bantam he was in Atom at 6.

TheGoldenJet
09-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Ocean Wiesblatt...he with the brother named Orca Wiesblatt

Oh god that's rich. :laugh:

N Bahn Ahden
09-24-2008, 01:44 PM
I just knew that name would be resurected in this thread.

You can't lose faith that someday he will lace them up in the NHL.

rt
09-24-2008, 03:54 PM
You can't lose faith that someday he will lace them up in the NHL.

It's too soon to get back into this. It won't be funny again for another couple of years.

Epatt001
09-25-2008, 05:35 PM
why do you ask?

http://asapblogs.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/07/24/ap070327047448_3.jpg

CurtisLoew
09-26-2008, 01:14 AM

I heard he's benching 1400 pounds now, wasn't his draft year 08?

kingpin_19
09-26-2008, 01:22 AM
According to the Stratford Minor Hockey Association Mr. Dustin Rose won the Elwin (Moe) Morris Award in 2000 as the outstanding defenseman at the Major PeeWee Division...so that would make him 19 or 20 at this point...

deanosaur
09-26-2008, 01:42 AM
According to the Stratford Minor Hockey Association Mr. Dustin Rose won the Elwin (Moe) Morris Award in 2000 as the outstanding defenseman at the Major PeeWee Division...so that would make him 19 or 20 at this point...

Did I completely miss something?
Dustin Rose does sound a bit familiar... but not really ringin any bells.

JFA87-66-99
09-26-2008, 09:47 AM
That Dustin Rose cat stinks. He pulled a Stefan in a breakaway contest, and then fell and slamed into the boards breaking his ankle like crosby did.

Airborne Troll*
09-26-2008, 09:48 AM
It doesn't only take talent to get to the NHL

It takes speed, physical play and dedication

Jussi
09-26-2008, 12:15 PM
That Dustin Rose cat stinks. He pulled a Stefan in a breakaway contest, and then fell and slamed into the boards breaking his ankle like crosby did.

But that didn't stop him from playing in the next game and scoring a hat trick.

illogic
09-26-2008, 12:23 PM

You got it wrong, it was the boards that broke from contact with his ankle.

IBleedOil247
09-26-2008, 01:54 PM
Edwin Carriere from Edmonton. He will be my son when he is born in about 5 years. Look for him at the draft in 2030.

Heat McManus
09-28-2008, 04:45 PM

Yeah except for the fact that Dustin Rose played Major PeeWee at 14 weeks.

DaveG
09-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Yeah except for the fact that Dustin Rose played Major PeeWee at 14 weeks.

Yeah but he was only 5'7, 180 at that point and only racked up 200 penalty minutes, all from fights. Nobody could tell the monster he would become.

the_speedster
09-28-2008, 05:14 PM

I thought he was a forward :sarcasm:

Heat McManus
09-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Yeah but he was only 5'7, 180 at that point and only racked up 200 penalty minutes, all from fights. Nobody could tell the monster he would become.

It was actually 203 penalty minutes. All from fights. THAT'S how good DR is!

DaveG
09-28-2008, 05:31 PM
I've heard he's become even more badass the past couple years. That ref that tried to give him the instigator penalty last year? That was classic. I don't think I could have ever seen someone dropkick another human so hard that it would be like Bobby Knight punting that basketball. Well, Bobby kicking a basketball had NOTHING on Dustin.

the_speedster
09-28-2008, 09:42 PM
I've heard he's become even more badass the past couple years. That ref that tried to give him the instigator penalty last year? That was classic. I don't think I could have ever seen someone dropkick another human so hard that it would be like Bobby Knight punting that basketball. Well, Bobby kicking a basketball had NOTHING on Dustin.

I heard the NFL extended him an offer. If that little hockey thing didn't work out, he could always try being a kicker

Heat McManus
09-28-2008, 09:44 PM
I heard the NFL extended him an offer. If that little hockey thing didn't work out, he could always try being a kicker

their offer was open ended. Any team, any position. Just sign and destroy.

chaosrevolver
09-28-2008, 09:51 PM
John McFarland was talked about pretty early in his life. Maybe 11 or 12. He has a point in two games so far in his rookie season with Sudbury.

JFA87-66-99
09-29-2008, 08:42 AM
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists/Friesen/2005/12/15/1354151-sun.html

I found this old article about Jayce Hawrluk. Is there any recent news about him? Is he still dominating like this? Does anyone know what team he was or is playing for, and in how many games did he score all these goals? I thought in Novice level they only played 20 games a season or so with maybe a few tournaments in there. Thats a lot of goals scored.
It says in the article he scored 250+ Goals in a season when he was 7 years old, and then 300+ Goals when he was 8 years old. I'm assuming it was the Novice division, but then it says he had 61 goals in 17 Games in his first season in Atom Hockey. Does anyone know what his stats were like for the past few seasons? Those stats in novice and atom seem a little unrealistic, and not even Wayne Gretzky had stats like that when he was a kid except for his 378 goal season when he was 10. What's the most Goals or Points a player has ever scored in 1 season in Novice,Atom,Pee Wee,or Bantam level hockey? I always thought nobody ever dominated there youth hockey days like gretzky, but after reading this article I'm not sure now. Also heard Ocean Wiesblatt dominated his novice division, but not sure about his exact stats, but I'm sure they were off the charts.

Ludicrous Speed
09-29-2008, 06:21 PM
Jayce Hawryluk?

some say he won't make it with that size.

SpinTheBlackCircle
09-29-2008, 07:30 PM

http://www.jewishindependent.ca/Archives/Nov07/archives07Nov09-06.html

Wow, the kid is 8 and speaks 4 languages as well. Both parents are deaf but all 4 kids can hear.

Jussi
10-01-2008, 06:40 AM
I thought he was a forward :sarcasm:

He can play any position, forward, defenseman, goalie.

kingpin_19
10-01-2008, 06:00 PM
He can play any position, forward, defenseman, goalie.

I heard the Leafs were looking at him as their next GM. Their plan was to trade all of their players away (except Schenn) and replace them with players from the Central Hockey League and make Dustin the playing-General Manager. A seemingly flawless plan. However, the deal fell through when Rose demanded that he get 600 grizzly bears to kill and feed on, and the Bruins...well, lets just say they were threatening to sue...

deanosaur
10-01-2008, 06:04 PM
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=122095

:laugh: *******s.

Hockey is my life
08-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Having had the pleasure to coach Orca Wiesblatt, I have to say that he is not the prodigy child some think. He beats to the tune of his own drum and is not a team player. When he tries to skate end to end and gets checked, there is no backchecking, just waiting for another breakout pass.

Seems to me like this is marketing propaganda with an agenda. He has a lot of work ahead of him if he wants to succeed.:shakehead

glovesave_35
08-19-2009, 09:59 PM
By definition, wouldn't we all kind of already know if there were a child prodigy out there? I mean, wasn't Crosby's "behind the net fling it into the net in midair" goal shown on HNIC when he was 15ish?...and even then his name had been known for a while.

monotone
08-19-2009, 11:39 PM
Can somebody tell me what ever happened to Sam Calabrese?

Spamhuis
08-19-2009, 11:58 PM
Calabrese, a 5-foot-10, 170-pound defenseman for the U.S. National Team Development Program in Ann Arbor, Mich., played in 47 games for the U-17 team last year and had 12 points (4 goals, 8 assists). He figures the time most of the players spent together last year will pay off as he dons the U-18 jersey this season.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*
08-20-2009, 12:23 AM
Can somebody tell me what ever happened to Sam Calabrese?

Growth spurt...

he's not a very nice guy either. I know a few of his friends.

William H Bonney
08-20-2009, 01:36 AM
Calabrese, a 5-foot-10, 170-pound defenseman for the U.S. National Team Development Program in Ann Arbor, Mich., played in 47 games for the U-17 team last year and had 12 points (4 goals, 8 assists). He figures the time most of the players spent together last year will pay off as he dons the U-18 jersey this season.

This is a year old. Calabrese was one the U-18 team this year but was demoted to the U-17 team. His time with the NTDP is over.

mercury
08-20-2009, 03:39 AM
Angelo Esposito was fairly young when people were hyping him on here. Devon MacAusland, too.

james bond
08-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Does anyone have thoughts on Jordan Challis (the New Zealander), who was somewhere in the Markham Waxers team?

monotone
08-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Growth spurt...

he's not a very nice guy either. I know a few of his friends.

So he's got attitude problems? What else is setting him back?

Like can anybody tell me what his chances are to make it to the NHL, if ever?

I just did a little research, and saw that he is committed to Notre Dame. Does anyone think his time in the NCAA will help him develop into a good prospect?

kmillzy5
08-20-2009, 12:45 PM
http://kimmacdonaldimages.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/DSC_9642tuvigbwhcblog.jpg
the scouts like his skill, but his work ethic is a constant issue..

Hanson95
08-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Lol. Nathan MacKinnon? He lives in NS, but is going to Shattuck, the same prep school Crosby went to for hockey.

BigAl
08-20-2009, 05:45 PM
That kid from winnipeg (??), nine years old or something? baseball talent as well. He comes to mind.

Yeah, I remember reading about a kid here in Winnipeg, in the local paper. I didn't bother taking note of his name though, because he is still so far away from being drafted.

AmartZing
08-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Lol i scouted Marian Gaborik when he was something like 13-14 in Quebec Pee Wee tournament...the kid was awesome...i remember him from there

kmillzy5
08-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Lol i scouted Marian Gaborik when he was something like 13-14 in Quebec Pee Wee tournament...the kid was awesome...i remember him from there

played that tournament 5 years back.. everyone on team Russia was amazing..

Canad93
08-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Dave Gagner knew about Cody Hodgsons and Steve Stamkos when they were both 11 years old.

Jason Spezza was known by alot of scouts when he was age 11.

Sidney Crosby was probably discovered way before the age of 13.

Alot of star players get discovered, dosent mean, its "hes gonna be a super star"
but more like, "hes probably gonna end up playing in the NHL one day" type

That's because Sam Gagner played on their team...
That was the legendary Markham Waxers team coached by Paul Titanic that won something like 7 AAA All-Ontario's in a row wasn't it?

Canad93
08-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Nik Antropov was scouted at the Riverside International Bantam/Midget Tournament in Windsor, Ontario when Team Kazakhstan came...He was the 1993 Tournament MVP.

There was a kid from the Moscow North Stars selects team a few years ago..maybe 07/08 season. His name was Ilya Novikov. He did really well; fast as hell, great hands, great shot, gritty. He had a temper too. He got into some scrums, and when he got pissed off, he would smoke people. He kind of took it too far though, with his bad attitude.
He was scouted by Saginaw, Peterborough, Plymouth, Windsor and maybe a few other OHL teams, and actually was invited to skate with some apparently.
I don't know what happened to him though; haven't heard much of him since.
:laugh: There was a fight at the end of the championship game, a big one after Moscow beat some Michigan team in OT. Novikov ended up taking someone's stick and smashing it in two over the glass, but after the game he went over and gave him two more..

WhiskeyYourTheDevils
08-20-2009, 09:38 PM
that kid kevin roy was pretty sick when he was 13 (atleast in the shootout). Anybody know where hes at now?

Slitty
08-21-2009, 04:50 AM
I remember a tv special on Russian hockey a couple years back, and they feature a kid named Zhenya Kuznetsov who was tearing up his league at age 12.
The one who will likely be a first rounder in the coming draft?

New Liskeard
08-21-2009, 10:54 AM
http://www.jewishindependent.ca/Archives/Nov07/archives07Nov09-06.html

Wow, the kid is 8 and speaks 4 languages as well. Both parents are deaf but all 4 kids can hear.

Deafness is not necesarilly herediatary, both my sister and I are hearing while our parents are not. I actually know some people with the name of Weisblatt, where are they from? Who are the parents?

Ryan Van Horne
08-21-2009, 12:26 PM
The one who will likely be a first rounder in the coming draft?

That's Evgeny, no? Or is Zhenya a nickname for Evgeny like Sasha is for Alexander and Pasha for Pavel?

rt
07-22-2013, 12:53 AM
Bump. How are the prodigies coming along? Jayce Hawryluk looks like he will be a first round NHL draft pick, but what about some of the other names?

jfb392
07-22-2013, 01:22 AM
Bump. How are the prodigies coming along? Jayce Hawryluk looks like he will be a first round NHL draft pick, but what about some of the other names?Looks like the only name mentioned that isn't fairly well known yet is Ocean Wiesblatt.
As a 99, the upcoming season is his WHL draft year, but I'm not even completely sure where he's playing.
He was listed as an affiliate player with the Calgary Buffaloes Bantam AAA team for a bit of time, but never played any games and is not even playing within the CBHA system on a AA team.
I believe he's likely playing for Shaw Meadows, a lower level association that covers the same area as CBHA.

Patmac40
07-22-2013, 01:23 AM
Bump. How are the prodigies coming along? Jayce Hawryluk looks like he will be a first round NHL draft pick, but what about some of the other names?

Will he? That's pretty cool if he is. And Zhenya is Yevgeni Kuznetsov from earlier in this thread which is cool to think about.

Todds Chiropractory
07-22-2013, 01:30 AM
Lol. Nathan MacKinnon? He lives in NS, but is going to Shattuck, the same prep school Crosby went to for hockey.Pretty amazing he got mentioned 4 years before his draft year and then goes first overall.

tucker3434
07-22-2013, 01:45 AM
Pretty amazing he got mentioned 4 years before his draft year and then goes first overall.

Not bad considering he was 13 at the time. That's a hell of a projection.

maroon 6
07-22-2013, 01:46 AM
Lol. Nathan MacKinnon? He lives in NS, but is going to Shattuck, the same prep school Crosby went to for hockey.

Good call. Mackinnon was 13 when this comment was posted.

Leaf Rocket
07-22-2013, 02:00 AM
Some pretty cool things for sure.

WhiskeyYourTheDevils
07-22-2013, 06:57 AM
that kid kevin roy was pretty sick when he was 13 (atleast in the shootout). Anybody know where hes at now?

Seems to be a very promising prospect with 1st line potential now after a superb freshman year in the NCAA. I think he could end up being a big time goal scorer with those hands.

NEhockeycoach
07-22-2013, 07:42 AM
I'm not going to call this kid a prodigy, but a name to keep an eye out for as a little guy in New England is Jake Wise. 2000 born player, set a new scoring record in Tournois International De Hockey Pee-Wee de Quebec (or called the Q around here). 19 points in 6 games. Time will tell if he continues to develop along this path.

S E P H
07-22-2013, 12:12 PM
Here is a few I am currently watching due to the hype,

Mathias Emilio Pettersen - Norway
Adam Tilander (http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=147733) - Sweden
Kieran Brown (http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=233990) - England
Vitaly Abramov - Russia

There is also supposed to be an amazing American player who was born somewhere around 2000, but I forgot his name.

danyhabsfan
07-22-2013, 12:22 PM
I'm not going to call this kid a prodigy, but a name to keep an eye out for as a little guy in New England is Jake Wise. 2000 born player, set a new scoring record in Tournois International De Hockey Pee-Wee de Quebec (or called the Q around here). 19 points in 6 games. Time will tell if he continues to develop along this path.

any video of this kid?

irunthepeg
07-22-2013, 01:28 PM

Nice call on that one.

JJTT
07-22-2013, 01:36 PM
From Finland Urho Vaakainen has been talked about for almost 2 years now and he's only 14. Already playing on the u18 league.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=180538

dwanmaster*
07-22-2013, 01:58 PM
From Finland Urho Vaakainen has been talked about for almost 2 years now and he's only 14. Allready playing on the u18 league.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=180538

Sick Name!

seadawg
07-22-2013, 02:00 PM

Vitaly Abramov - Russia

There is also supposed to be an amazing American player who was born somewhere around 2000, but I forgot his name.

there's a non-traditional hockey market for you...be interested to see if he gets drafted...he'd surely have to move to another country at some point if he wants to continue to develop, I assume

Brewster
07-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Will he? That's pretty cool if he is. And Zhenya is Yevgeni Kuznetsov from earlier in this thread which is cool to think about.
http://www.whl.ca/roster/show/id/10645

Plays for Brandon in the WHL. 43 points in 61 games last year.

will13
07-23-2013, 03:14 AM
Jake wise. One of the more dominant peewee players I've seen. Watched him play in that tournament in Quebec and he lit it up. Keep your eye on him

BillDineen
07-23-2013, 03:58 AM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dustin%20Rose

FrozenJagrt
07-23-2013, 06:38 PM
That poster mentioning MacKinnon wasn't exactly reading tea leaves or anything. Even back then MacKinnon was very well known. I remember hearing about him around that time, had read an article where some scout felt that MacKinnon would be the next Lindros. Obviously that never transpired. But yes, MacKinnon has been a well known name for years.

FrozenJagrt
07-23-2013, 06:40 PM
Seems to be a very promising prospect with 1st line potential now after a superb freshman year in the NCAA. I think he could end up being a big time goal scorer with those hands.

First line potential? Really? He's 5'10, 170 pounds, turned 20 in May and was taken in the fourth round in 2012. A good (not great) NCAA year doesn't make him a future superstar.

IHaveNoCreativity
07-24-2013, 02:42 AM
Joey Veleno, he's probably the best 2000 in QC. He's bigger then most of the kids though.

He will likely play Midget AAA at 14... From there I don't know. Someone to watch for though.

He might have a shot.

f1nn
07-24-2013, 04:40 AM
Sick Name!

even better on google translate: https://translate.google.fi/?hl=en&tab=wT#auto/en/urho%20vaakanainen

Mighty woman with a horizontal :D :laugh:

CouchScout
07-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Sean Dhooghe-USA(1999) and Brady Berger-Canada(1999) are a couple of names I have seen thrown around here.

Propane Nightmares
07-24-2013, 01:23 PM
there's a non-traditional hockey market for you...be interested to see if he gets drafted...he'd surely have to move to another country at some point if he wants to continue to develop, I assume

This kid scored 164 points in 15 games in the U12 league, nobody else has even come close to those numbers in the last 10 years of recorded stats.

By not even close, I'm talking nobody has even scored 100 points. Brendan Perlini (OHL Niagara) scored 89 points in 17 games at the same level.

Breakfast of Champs
07-24-2013, 01:34 PM
This kid scored 164 points in 15 games in the U12 league, nobody else has even come close to those numbers in the last 10 years of recorded stats.

By not even close, I'm talking nobody has even scored 100 points. Brendan Perlini (OHL Niagara) scored 89 points in 17 games at the same level.

....What are the scores of these games???

Propane Nightmares
07-24-2013, 01:37 PM
....What are the scores of these games???

Keiran Brown's team scored more than 11 goals per game and conceded less than 6 per game. The games are usually 3x15 periods of stop clock. But these statistics do not represent the league average at all.

He scored 141 of his teams' 189 goals

sharks9
07-24-2013, 01:46 PM

He averages over 10PPG? That's insane, no matter what league it is.

Propane Nightmares
07-24-2013, 01:49 PM
He also lead the U14 league in scoring with 80 points in 18 games

Leafs21
07-24-2013, 02:40 PM

... I think the coach needs to keep him on a shorter leash. lol how is that even fun for anybody? Including him?

WhiskeyYourTheDevils
07-24-2013, 03:31 PM
First line potential? Really?

Definitely has the potential. That's no guarantee he will reach it, but the talent is there.

He's 5'10, 170 pounds,

This guy (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=5710) didn't seem to have too hard a time being a 1st line player. He's pretty much the exact same size as Roy.

turned 20 in May

And? That's insanely young, plenty of time to add muscle to his frame. What more could he have done so far to prove his potential?

and was taken in the fourth round in 2012.
Surely you're not basing a player solely off of their draft position, especially one who greatly exceeded expectations as a freshman?

A good (not great) NCAA year doesn't make him a future superstar.

How many true freshman are able to come in and score at that pace? 17 goals (t-4th in the league) 34 points in only 29 GP? Lead his team in scoring with 5 less GP than everyone else.

He had one of the better freshman years in recent memory, scoring at a similar pace as Phil Kessel in his freshman year, and outscoring guys like Toews, Turris, Okposo, Zajac, and many others in there freshman year.

You might want to rethink your position on him. Also, no one is claiming he'll be a future superstar.

Propane Nightmares
07-24-2013, 11:40 PM
... I think the coach needs to keep him on a shorter leash. lol how is that even fun for anybody? Including him?

Under 12 hockey in Britain is basically a couple of good kids on each team play while the rest get in the way. Since there aren't many players there is only an A and B league throughout the junior age groups so there are kids who easily dominate.

This is why we suck at international level because the good players aren't challenged enough and don't get better. At this age, some of the best British players would be good enough to go to Canada and play very high level. Brendan Perlini played hockey in England until he was 13 then went back to Canada and ended up being a 1st round OHL pick, while his brother went back to Canada when he was slightly older and was taken in the 7th round of the NHL draft and played NCAA. Their cousin Scott Conway is another similar case, who this year had a great season in the NAHL and was drafted 7th overall in the USHL draft.

And as previously mentioned, Keiran Brown's points totals blow away all three of these guys.

NMFlyer1998
07-25-2013, 02:55 AM

:walrus:

Propane Nightmares
07-25-2013, 03:40 AM
If you want confirmation of these statistics, here you go

http://stats.malcolmpreen.co.uk/juniorstats.html

He plays in U12 North 1, and U14 North 1

Hagged
07-25-2013, 04:17 AM
If you want confirmation of these statistics, here you go

http://stats.malcolmpreen.co.uk/juniorstats.html

He plays in U12 North 1, and U14 North 1

Kieran Brown seems to have a lot healthier goal to assist ratio in U14 (2.0). That g/a ratio of 6.1 in U12 just screams of bad habits crawling in he just shouldn't have played in there. U16 level seems to have been a bit overwhelming for him, 2 points in 16 games. Why do you think that is, when you think he was also the leading scorer in U14 league by a big margin? Size issues? Skating issues?

Propane Nightmares
07-25-2013, 06:09 AM
Kieran Brown seems to have a lot healthier goal to assist ratio in U14 (2.0). That g/a ratio of 6.1 in U12 just screams of bad habits crawling in he just shouldn't have played in there. U16 level seems to have been a bit overwhelming for him, 2 points in 16 games. Why do you think that is, when you think he was also the leading scorer in U14 league by a big margin? Size issues? Skating issues?

He played in the U16 league last season, when he was 10/11 years old, that should speak for itself. He didn't play in it this season because the rules were changed, meaning he wasn't allowed.

JFA87-66-99
07-25-2013, 06:14 AM
Stats are unreal for Brown. How is Emilio-Pettersson been doing haven't heard much lately

wings5
07-25-2013, 08:29 AM

Is he planning on a move to NA anytime soon?

Propane Nightmares
07-25-2013, 09:51 AM
Is he planning on a move to NA anytime soon?

I don't know. Even if he doesn't, his parents could at least drive him down to Sheffield, he'd be much better off there than at Bradford.

L4vK
07-25-2013, 11:23 AM
Stats are unreal for Brown. How is Emilio-Pettersson been doing haven't heard much lately

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiAvZ0N9BfA

Good I think :naughty:

blink
07-25-2013, 11:09 PM
Tyler Benson, Vancouver Giants 1st overall pick in this year's WHL draft.

Lots of people know about him now but I heard he had some pretty amazing stats as a younger kid.

Absolutely tore up the AMBHL this past year, breaking Ty Rattie's points record.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=154220

alko
07-26-2013, 09:30 AM
I readed something about Milos Roman (http://www.hokejportal.net/?q=clanok/43840/objavili-v-kanade-druheho-panika), 13 years old Slovak kid.
Last season he played already in Czech U16 and his stats (http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=223844) are not so bad.

Did someone saw him on the last tournament in december in Windsor?

Scarecrow Boat
07-26-2013, 06:58 PM

Vitaly Abramov - Russia

Never heard of that Swede before :sarcasm:

JFA87-66-99
07-27-2013, 08:57 AM

Vitaly Abramov - Russia

This is the first I've really seen Vitaly Abramov listed as a phenom. Is he better than Dmitry Sokolov. I'd really like to hear some more info about that those 2 russian prospects

S E P H
07-27-2013, 01:20 PM
This is the first I've really seen Vitaly Abramov listed as a phenom. Is he better than Dmitry Sokolov. I'd really like to hear some more info about that those 2 russian prospects

Like every child prodigy Abramov absolutely dominates the lower leagues to the point he is playing against older kids. Can't tell you ir Somolov is better, but there are a few YouTube highlights you need to check out for Abramov.

PeakOil
07-27-2013, 06:09 PM
Tyler Benson, Vancouver Giants 1st overall pick in this year's WHL draft.

Lots of people know about him now but I heard he had some pretty amazing stats as a younger kid.

Absolutely tore up the AMBHL this past year, breaking Ty Rattie's points record.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=154220

Ya this kid is for real, absolutely dominant compared to his peers. Slick hands, good skater, great shot, size, he's got it all.

Roof Daddy
07-28-2013, 10:00 AM
I can't remember the name of the kid, but there was a kid playing AAA pee wee in Toronto who was already 6'3 and 200+ lbs. He was putting up good numbers, but nothing record breaking. Still, you can't teach size and the league values it highly.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz
07-28-2013, 01:38 PM
I can't remember the name of the kid, but there was a kid playing AAA pee wee in Toronto who was already 6'3 and 200+ lbs. He was putting up good numbers, but nothing record breaking. Still, you can't teach size and the league values it highly.

If's he not dominating at that comparative size to his competition, he doesn't seem like much of a prospect to me.

ALI
11-03-2013, 09:52 PM
update: Ocean and Orca Wiseblatt were banned from making triple aaa because they stole phones and bad mouthed the players and coaches. I hear they tearing up there div. what a shame.......

Torgo
11-03-2013, 09:56 PM
I wonder if somebody could Marinovich a hockey player to create a prodigy.

Devilspuppet666
11-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Jayce Hawryluk?

he really doesnt like to pass :laugh:

alko
11-04-2013, 04:02 AM
update: Ocean and Orca Wiseblatt were banned from making triple aaa because they stole phones and bad mouthed the players and coaches. I hear they tearing up there div. what a shame.......

:amazed: Tell us more.

Fonzieleaf
11-04-2013, 07:53 AM
Those kids are in roller hockey, not ice hockey

ALI
11-04-2013, 10:11 PM
:amazed: Tell us more.

well there's nothing more to be said, but I still think 'ocean will get signed by a WHL team. Orca is only 12 so he can tryout for triple aaa next year if he's allowed and get drafted.

Kevin8se7en
11-05-2013, 01:29 AM
I know Dustin Rose is a joke but is he even a real person? I wasn't really on message boards when the joke was popular so I missed all of it apparently. I'm not sure if he more like a Chuck Norris (exaggerated real person) or the Dos Equis Guy (fake person entirely)

I'm sure I'll get some "funny" replies but it's a serious question. Was he some kid who had one amazing game and sucked after that? Was he a made up child prodigy? something else? lol I'm curious.

InfinityIggy
11-05-2013, 01:44 AM
I know Dustin Rose is a joke but is he even a real person? I wasn't really on message boards when the joke was popular so I missed all of it apparently. I'm not sure if he more like a Chuck Norris (exaggerated real person) or the Dos Equis Guy (fake person entirely)

I'm sure I'll get some "funny" replies but it's a serious question. Was he some kid who had one amazing game and sucked after that? Was he a made up child prodigy? something else? lol I'm curious.

Dates back to roughly 2001~ on these boards. Do not believe he was ever a real person, just a hyperbole for the over rating of prospects.

Hybbe
11-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Adam Tilander is the new Gunnar Stahl.

Kevin8se7en
11-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Dates back to roughly 2001~ on these boards. Do not believe he was ever a real person, just a hyperbole for the over rating of prospects.

MHJS
11-07-2013, 07:36 AM
This just made me realize that I've been coming to this site for 11 years. Came across it in January 2002. Holy crap.

Garyboy
11-09-2013, 05:14 PM
I know Dustin Rose is a joke but is he even a real person?

He was a feature dancer/stripper for Chippendales in the late 90's. Apparently he was as graceful as Baryshnikov on stage. Only difference is Dustin's horn was hanging out during his shows.

Propane Nightmares
03-01-2014, 07:38 AM
Bump for a little update on Kieran Brown

In 14 games in the U14 league he has scored 76 goals and 44 assists for 120 points. He will still be a U14 next year, and the next highest scorer in the league has 84 points.

In the U16 league he has 20 points in 9 games

masterandy18
03-01-2014, 08:02 AM
That poster mentioning MacKinnon wasn't exactly reading tea leaves or anything. Even back then MacKinnon was very well known. I remember hearing about him around that time, had read an article where some scout felt that MacKinnon would be the next Lindros. Obviously that never transpired. But yes, MacKinnon has been a well known name for years.

Isn't that the point of this thread? lol give him credit. If you were so confident, you should have posted

scoutman1
03-01-2014, 09:09 AM
Bump for a little update on Kieran Brown

In 14 games in the U14 league he has scored 76 goals and 44 assists for 120 points. He will still be a U14 next year, and the next highest scorer in the league has 84 points.

In the U16 league he has 20 points in 9 games

still that is great britian league....I want to see him when he gets a little older and come over to NA to test his skills.

Propane Nightmares
03-01-2014, 09:58 AM
still that is great britian league....I want to see him when he gets a little older and come over to NA to test his skills.

Yes, but these kind of numbers are unprecedented even in the Great Britain league

prospects follower7
03-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Kieran Brown played for England during the Quebec pee wee tournament last week. Here is the link for his stats:

http://www.tournoipee-wee.qc.ca/fr/stats/2013-2014/pee-wee/pee-wee-int-c/page/classement-joueurs/5:10481

scoutman1
03-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Kieran Brown played for England during the Quebec pee wee tournament last week. Here is the link for his stats:

http://www.tournoipee-wee.qc.ca/fr/stats/2013-2014/pee-wee/pee-wee-int-c/page/classement-joueurs/5:10481

im not sure how the peewee tournament leagues are set but AAA is the main peewee league...did he not play in the C.

prospects follower7
03-01-2014, 03:11 PM
By the way, here is the link for Xavier Parent's stats for the same tournament in AAA category (His team won the championship):

http://www.tournoipee-wee.qc.ca/fr/stats/2013-2014/pee-wee/pee-wee-aaa/page/classement-joueurs/5:10258

Scarecrow Boat
03-01-2014, 05:43 PM
im not sure how the peewee tournament leagues are set but AAA is the main peewee league...did he not play in the C.

I'm not sure of the levels either despite asking many people so I checked the Atlantic teams in INT-C & INT-B and they were both peewee AAA teams.