Filppula's knee

TK79
03-02-2004, 05:05 PM
Anyone know how badly he was injured? Will he possibly return for the playoffs? :dunno:

Jussi
03-02-2004, 08:01 PM
Anyone know how badly he was injured? Will he possibly return for the playoffs? :dunno:

Last weeks Helsingin Sanomat (or rather Jortikka) confirmed that Filppula is done for the season. Since you're a fellow Finn: tästä oli kerrottu Jatkoajan foorumilla, Jokereiden osastolla, Loukkaantumistilanne-ketju.

ALF AmericanLionsFan
03-02-2004, 10:15 PM
Being a wings fan this is the first I've heard of his injury. Can anyone tell me how he hurt himself and type of injury? Thanks

Jussi
03-03-2004, 06:01 AM
Being a wings fan this is the first I've heard of his injury. Can anyone tell me how he hurt himself and type of injury? Thanks

It was in a game against HIFK a week ago. Apparently it was just a normal hit (although Jokerit coach Hannu Jortikka disagreed somewhat) by Toni Häppölä, Filppula just had bad luck. I don't know the exact english word for the injured part, either ligaments or MCL. It probably wont' hurt his preparations for next season too much.

princess_filppula
03-04-2004, 04:22 PM
It was in a game against HIFK a week ago. Apparently it was just a normal hit (although Jokerit coach Hannu Jortikka disagreed somewhat) by Toni Häppölä, Filppula just had bad luck. I don't know the exact english word for the injured part, either ligaments or MCL. It probably wont' hurt his preparations for next season too much.

Oh no, I hadn't heard about this until now, that's not good. Hope he recovers well..do you think the red wings will look differently at him now playwise??

eh
03-05-2004, 01:45 AM
do you think the red wings will look differently at him now playwise??
I don't think so, apparently it's just a minor knee injury almost every hockey player has at some point of their career. Doesn't MCL mean medial collateral ligament? IANAD, but "polven sisäsiteen repeymä" = "torn MCL", right?