Chris Drury's Injury

Rust Heisenberg
04-15-2009, 10:48 PM
Does anyone know what it is?

If it is serious...

How long he will be out for?

He is the captain of this team and if they have any chance of making a run they need him.

McMonster
04-15-2009, 10:50 PM
nobody knows.

NYR Viper
04-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Does anyone know what it is?

If it is serious...

How long he will be out for?

He is the captain of this team and if they have any chance of making a run they need him.

Agreed, it was an amazing effort tonight but you could tell he was missed on the pk and even strength. Gomez came up HUGE with 3 points tonight but Drury hopefully will be back. He came out for warm-ups so I am hoping he can rest for the next couple of days and play on Saturday.

I dont think we will find out what is wrong until after the playoffs when we all find out he was playing with 4 cracked ribs, a separated shoulder and loss of vision in his right eye:sarcasm:.

Bleed Ranger Blue
04-15-2009, 10:55 PM
Judging by his quote about how noones told him if its an upper or lower body injury, and the footage they showed of him in the pregame skate, Im just speculating it might be a rib injury.

SaveByLundqvist
04-15-2009, 10:56 PM
we could really use his shot and experience, i hope hes back soon. And they were killing us tonight in the faceoff circle, needed him there tonight.

NYR Viper
04-15-2009, 10:57 PM
Judging by his quote about how noones told him if its an upper or lower body injury, and the footage they showed of him in the pregame skate, Im just speculating it might be a rib injury.

I was thinking the same thing. He fell directly on his side and he fell kind of awkwardly. When he was leaving the ice he was bent over looking very uncomfortable. When I cracked my ribs I looked like that. they can feel fine but when you try to move around quickly all hell breaks loose.

RangerBoy
04-15-2009, 10:58 PM
I think it's a rib injury.He didn't look comfortable.The speculation is shoulder/wrist.I would go with a rib injury.A tear in the rib cage or a broken rib.

Pugs35
04-15-2009, 10:59 PM
I obviously don't know anything about it but I'd like to Anisimov called up if he's not going to go Saturday, Voros is useless out there.

John Torturella
04-15-2009, 10:59 PM
Well one would think its a pretty significant injury if he missed a playoff game. Drury is as tough as they come. He would not miss a game, noentheless a playoff for some minor injury.

RangerBoy
04-15-2009, 11:00 PM
Mark Messier played with bad ribs in games 1 and 2 at the Garden against Montreal in the 1996 playoffs.He had trouble catching his breath on the bench between shifts.

BwayBshirt
04-15-2009, 11:03 PM
During the Tortorella post-game news conference, he said that Drury was "pretty close" to playing.

Kind of hinted that even though it's day-to-day he's fairly certain Drury will be in game 2.

ThirdEye
04-15-2009, 11:08 PM
Well one would think its a pretty significant injury if he missed a playoff game. Drury is as tough as they come. He would not miss a game, noentheless a playoff for some minor injury.

He is tough. He only missed 6 games over his last 4 seasons... and only 1 in his last two.

As frustrating as he is to watch sometimes... you know he will NEVER miss a game unless he absolutely, postitively can't play

McMonster
04-15-2009, 11:08 PM
If Drury sits on Saturday, Voros should sit too... he'll help us more if hes in the press box.

FLYLine24
04-15-2009, 11:13 PM
The fact he didnt play tonight...make me think its bad. No way Dru wouldnt play if it was something minor.

Balej20*
04-15-2009, 11:15 PM
Let him take his time and get completely 100% healthy.

Synergy27
04-15-2009, 11:23 PM
I'm working the phones to see if I can find out what's going on with Dru. I'll pass along any info I come up with.

The Thomas J.*
04-15-2009, 11:31 PM
I was thinking it was a knee injury from when he blocked a shot on the PK against Philly.

Trueblue30
04-15-2009, 11:36 PM
I think he was injured in he game a home agains philly when he was taken down near the flyers goal he got tangled up and fell a bit awkardly, and he go up very slowly.

nikzherdev
04-16-2009, 12:13 AM
On Blue Notes it says "Eastern Conference quarterfinal series that continues on Saturday, when Drury, according to coach John Tortorella, is expected to return."

nyranger61494
04-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Mark Messier played with bad ribs in games 1 and 2 at the Garden against Montreal in the 1996 playoffs.He had trouble catching his breath on the bench between shifts.

RB, what injury did Messier have in 1992 that kept him out of what I think was Game 2 vs. Pittsburgh? That, like Drury's injury and as FLY said, had to have been serious to have kept him out of the line-up.

HockeyBasedNYC
04-16-2009, 09:14 AM
I think it's a rib injury.He didn't look comfortable.The speculation is shoulder/wrist.I would go with a rib injury.A tear in the rib cage or a broken rib.

Thats what i think its is, from when he collided with Callahan and a Flyer defenseman at the side of the net and went down hard on his side in the last game he played

we want cup
04-16-2009, 09:19 AM
The fact he didnt play tonight...make me think its bad. No way Dru wouldnt play if it was something minor.

Agreed.

wereback
04-16-2009, 09:38 AM
From what i hear its a wrist injury.......anyone else hear that?

Sky Valley
04-16-2009, 09:43 AM
I heard he's dead and they've just been propping him up in the press box, Weekend at Bernie's-style.

Or probably just his ribs. Damn NHL sleight of hand.

beastly115
04-16-2009, 10:17 AM
I just got off the phone with John. He said Drury wanted to sit because he didn't want to ruin his Thursday if they had lost.

Ok, ok, I'll stop :p:

RangerFan10
04-16-2009, 11:29 AM
this.

And if what Torts is saying is not a smokescreen and Drury is close then I'd have to agree with the speculation that it's badly bruised ribs....but the game this injury happened he took a slapshot right to where the elbow pads and gloves meet, and I've been slashed there and it's left a bad mark...I'm sure if a puck hits you there there's a good chance you can break your wrist/arm. I really wouldn't be surprised if he has a hairline fracture there, i mean he looked fine skating in warm-ups and didn't really look like he was fatigued or short of breath

King of cool
04-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Some news from Andrew Gross. Huh.... nope, not really something new... :(

Chris Drury, who missed his first NHL playoff game as the Rangers beat the Capitals, 4-3, in Game 1 Wednesday night, participated in Thursday's optional skate along with eight other teammates.

Drury said whatever his unclassified injury is, is "feeling better." The guess here is it's lower-body, leg or groin. Drury was a brief participant in Wednesday's optional morning skate and in the pre-game warmups.

"I was just testing it, see what it would take and it couldn't take it," said Drury, who was seen shaking his left leg during the warmups. "Every day it's getting a little better.

"You prepare as if you're playing, I didn't want to get caught the other way," Drury added. "I'll do the same thing again."

Coach John Tortorella said after Game 1 he expected Drury to be available for Game 2, though he cautioned Drury was day to day.

AdmiralsHockey93
04-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Drury fractured a bone in his hand.. if you notice when he plays he has 1 hand on the stick.. just be sure not to tell the caps ;)
and im positive on this injury, don't question me lol

AdmiralsHockey93
04-18-2009, 04:55 PM
he blocked a slapshot in the second to the last game and hit the top of his hand.. so no ppl its not a groin, elbow, foot, leg etc.

bobbop
04-18-2009, 06:23 PM
Drury fractured a bone in his hand.. if you notice when he plays he has 1 hand on the stick.. i know this because my doctor is the assistant physician for the rangers.. my doctor injects him with cortezone before every game to kill some pain.. im the only one to pretty much know this. Thanks for the scoop. I knew it was something hand or wrist because whenever there was a faceoff in the defensive end, Torts' sent out a second center (Betts or Dubinsky) to take the faceoff.

AdmiralsHockey93
04-18-2009, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the scoop. I knew it was something hand or wrist because whenever there was a faceoff in the defensive end, Torts' sent out a second center (Betts or Dubinsky) to take the faceoff.
it was so great wen sam and joe would say undisclosed injury and my familys laughing saying were the only people that know about this.. but i had to let it out since hes playing again.. but its cool how we notice these things and we know the reason eh?

Scooter17
04-20-2009, 11:51 PM
Drury needs to sit. He hasn't been himself since the injury and I think its pretty obvious that its holding him back. He hasn't done anything the last 2 games. I really wish they would call Anisimov up. I dont want Voros in the line up.

EvilCorporateLawyer
04-20-2009, 11:56 PM
Drury fractured a bone in his hand.. if you notice when he plays he has 1 hand on the stick.. just be sure not to tell the caps ;)
and im positive on this injury, don't question me lol

I was thinking that when he had others take the face-offs for him the other day.

Either a fractured bone on his hand or a broken wrist.

He can't even pass/shoot correctly right now.

Granted, he's still more useful than Orr or Voros.

we want cup
04-21-2009, 12:00 AM
Drury needs to sit. He hasn't been himself since the injury and I think its pretty obvious that its holding him back. He hasn't done anything the last 2 games. I really wish they would call Anisimov up. I dont want Voros in the line up.

That'd be nice. To be honest, though, he's probably better served in the long run by staying down in HFD. But it still would be nice to have him....

Scooter17
04-21-2009, 12:06 AM
That'd be nice. To be honest, though, he's probably better served in the long run by staying down in HFD. But it still would be nice to have him....Would Anisimov be able to go back to Hartford if the Rangers got knocked out? I just feel like Drury is a liability right now and Anisimov would be a solid 3rd line center and could really help us out.

FLYLine24
04-21-2009, 12:20 AM
Drury is playing like Drury...invisible for 7 games..has a great game..then invisible for another 7....so...are we reaching his great game anytime soon?

levski87
04-21-2009, 12:22 AM
Drury is playing like Drury...invisible for 7 games..has a great game..then invisible for another 7....so...are we reaching his great game anytime soon?

How was the game Fly?

Brooklyn Ranger
04-21-2009, 12:27 AM

That's not true. And it's very clear that Drury is playing with only one hand--he hasn't taken a face-off this series and barely played 10 minutes tonight. It's almost impossible to play this game with one hand.

NYR Viper
04-21-2009, 12:27 AM

Really, you are going to rag on the guy who is obviously playing through a serious injury?

Scooter17
04-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Drury is playing like Drury...invisible for 7 games..has a great game..then invisible for another 7....so...are we reaching his great game anytime soon?Naaa when Drury is healthy he at least hustles and makes a lot of little plays. He looks much more tentative than normal and hasn't been taking faceoffs. Yes, he goes on stretches where he doesn't do anything offensively, but you can tell that something isn't right. Torts even expressed concern about him in the post game interviews.

FLYLine24
04-21-2009, 12:46 AM
Really, you are going to rag on the guy who is obviously playing through a serious injury?

Was at the game and didnt know he only played 10 minutes...thought he was just a ghost the whole time.

I'll give him a break then, and lay off him.

But if hes so injured, id rather call up AA. Because hes not going to help us playing 10 minutes while hes hurt.

peanutbuttacallytime
04-21-2009, 12:49 AM
it looks like he wont be even close to full speed untill next season... man this a big loss :(

NYR Viper
04-21-2009, 01:58 AM
Was at the game and didnt know he only played 10 minutes...thought he was just a ghost the whole time.

I'll give him a break then, and lay off him.

But if hes so injured, id rather call up AA. Because hes not going to help us playing 10 minutes while hes hurt.

I agree, although I think Torts feels it is better to keep the team intact and just give players like Zherdev, Betts, Dubi and Korpikoski some extra time. I also think allowing Anisimov to finish the playoffs in the AHL might be the better idea considering he would most likely only get 5-8 minutes if he was to come up right now anyways(no way Torts lets him play immediately over players like Sjo and Betts).

NYR Viper
04-21-2009, 02:00 AM
it looks like he wont be even close to full speed untill next season... man this a big loss :(

Yea, unless this team can finish this series in 5 games and get 4-6 days off I dont see it getting much better. He is definitely missed in quite a few aspects of the game.

King of cool
04-21-2009, 04:35 AM
Doesn't look good, he simply can't play at 100%. Oh boy, his last two healthy games against Montréal and Philly looked so promising for the Playoffs... :cry::help:

jas
04-21-2009, 05:59 AM
Torts needs to take him off the PP. He can't shoot, and is limited in what he can do.

KotsyJr
04-21-2009, 09:18 AM
If he's really hurt this bad, he shouldn't be playing. We should either call someone up or just dress *gulp* Voros. There's no reason for him to be out there hurting the team if he seriously can't do anything with his injury.

KreiMeARiver*
04-21-2009, 10:20 AM

it's so true....he'll have his 1 in 7 great game and someone will post:

"Did Drury justify his salary tonight"?

momos

Banks3rdLineCenter
04-21-2009, 12:02 PM
If he's really hurt this bad, he shouldn't be playing. We should either call someone up or just dress *gulp* Voros. There's no reason for him to be out there hurting the team if he seriously can't do anything with his injury.

Exactly. I applaud the guy for trying to play through the injury but if his injury is going to hamper him on the ice than I think he should rest up.

I also wouldn't want to run the risk of him making the injury any worse.

philbo
04-21-2009, 12:18 PM
If we lose game 4 due to another no show of offense, we need to bring up Artem, he's the best offensive player on the pack, and even if Drury tries to play through it, we need MORE offensive skill. Colton Orr needs to be wearing a suit from here on out!

bobbop
04-21-2009, 12:31 PM
That'd be nice. To be honest, though, he's probably better served in the long run by staying down in HFD. But it still would be nice to have him....Screw the long run. I'd like to see about winning this series.

NYR Viper
04-21-2009, 12:51 PM
it's so true....he'll have his 1 in 7 great game and someone will post:

"Did Drury justify his salary tonight"?

momos

I already addressed his post but the guy is obviously playing through a pretty serious injury. Just over 10 minutes in last nights game. Also, its nice that going into his final game he was 1 point behind the team leaders(Gomez and Zherdev) and 2 points behind Antropov. Interesting.

vipernsx
04-21-2009, 01:12 PM
I just got off the phone with John. He said Drury wanted to sit because he didn't want to ruin his Thursday if they had lost.

Ok, ok, I'll stop :p:

No no, please continue, I enjoy the humor.

clmetsfan
04-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Exactly. I applaud the guy for trying to play through the injury but if his injury is going to hamper him on the ice than I think he should rest up.

I also wouldn't want to run the risk of him making the injury any worse.

I have to agree. He gave it a go, but it's blatantly obvious that the guy is essentially playing with one arm and (expectedly) is not effective that way. I love him for going out there, but when Drury can't shoot or take faceoffs, he's a pretty useless player.

dfings
04-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Should Drury even play next game? He has looked bad and was a -3 tonight the worst on the team, not that the team played well.

FLYLine24
04-24-2009, 10:03 PM
He was a minus 3 with the 2nd least amount of ice time (7:20)....seriously, bring up AA to replace him. Let Drury use his "leadership" behind the bench for a game.

OverTheCap
04-24-2009, 11:59 PM
I agree that Drury should be benched the next game. It's really honorable that he's trying to play through injury, but tonight he was a detriment to the team. -3 with minimal ice time and played a big role in that shorthanded goal. If his defensive game is going to suffer because of his injury there's really no point in him playing.

silverfish
04-25-2009, 01:23 AM
He needs to do the captain like thing (being what is in the best interest of the team) and take himself out of the lineup. Just a horrid, horrid game from him tonight.

Call up Arty, put Sean back in.

Avery - Gomez - Antropov
Korpikoski - Dubinsky - Callahan
Zherdev - Anisimov - Naslund
Sjostrom - Betts - Orr

Really not that difficult. Step up for the team Chris and maybe, just maybe you're not that awful of a captain.