Blues

gousa
04-09-2004, 07:45 AM
Can someone give me some color as to who is expected to remain the Blues in the finnish elite league! I am a fan of the Wheeling Nailers where Mike Lephart played, he left in the beginning parts of the season for the Pelicans but was transferred to the Blues. What are the chances of him remaining in the finnish elite league? Is there a limit on how many Americans can be on a team, also what is the pay scale of this league for such players, is it much better than the AHL and ECHL and thats why our players leave for this League? Any feedback on how he did, I obviously am American and can't read the website. Thank you for your help and feedback.

mikkoz
04-09-2004, 08:22 AM
What are the chances of him remaining in the finnish elite league? Is there a limit on how many Americans can be on a team.
- I dont think he will continue his journey in Finland
- The limit of foreing players is four next season, this season it was five.

Padawan
04-09-2004, 11:03 AM
I don't think it's money why foreign players come to Finland. Money is most cases the reason why players move away from Finland. It's probably that the players are given much bigger roles and also Finnish SM-Liiga is closely followed by NHL scouts so players might get noticed better in SM-Liiga than in ECHL or some other league in that category.

gousa
04-09-2004, 06:40 PM
- I dont think he will continue his journey in Finland
- The limit of foreing players is four next season, this season it was five.

Ay report on how he did in Finland? He was doing pretty well in the ECHL before leaving, curious as to how much better the elite league is than the ECHL or AHL? Are there any comparisons? Thanks again.

mikkoz
04-10-2004, 05:00 AM
Ay report on how he did in Finland? He was doing pretty well in the ECHL before leaving, curious as to how much better the elite league is than the ECHL or AHL? Are there any comparisons? Thanks again.

- first of all the game is faster and more skillfull than in ECHL or AHL (imho), less fights and tackles, you can get game penalties from clean tackle if somebody gets concussion or gets hurt. Rinks in here are a bit bigger than in NA but f.ex. in Sweden they´re even more bigger.

- i think every team want the foreing players to be good goal scorers specially if you are forward. This is why Mike probably wont continue here. Season stats:

Pelicans
16 2 + 2 = 4 10 min
Blues, rs
10 0 + 1 = 1 6 min
Blues, po
9 1 + 0 = 1 0 min

3+3 in 35 isn´t enough, you can get player with those stats from anywhere.

ES
04-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Lephart was real bust for Blues. I think there isn't anyone in the fans who wants to see him continuing.

ES
04-12-2004, 10:50 AM
This (http://www.jatkoaika.com/smliiga.php?joukkue=Blues&sivu=pelaajat) has list of current contract list of Blues. List currently includes only playes who played also last year.

Despite of contract, it is possible that Jan Caloun and Kari Kalto won't play in Blues next year. As well I think that one of the three goalies will leave (Heinonen is in the weakest position)

Sopimuspelaajat = Players with contract
Ilman sopimusta olevat pelaajat = Players without contract
Players in that list having a number played last year in Blues (Gardiner and Sarich left the team in November)

gousa
04-12-2004, 09:38 PM
Lephart was real bust for Blues. I think there isn't anyone in the fans who wants to see him continuing.

His stats are not very impressive, I am impressed with the Finnish league skill level, he was an above average player in the ECHL this year and to see him considered a bust in the Finnish league I think says alot about your league because the hockey in the ECHL has picked up quite a bit over the last couple years. It sounds as though he is best fit in the ECHL. I appreciate all the feedback and will begin to follow more closely the players coming out of your league.