Belarus vs Norway

montreal
04-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Belarus wins, they will advance next year. So far in the 1st, it's 2-2 Belarus came back after being down 1-0 on a goal from Thoresen (who seems to be having a solid series). Thoresen with 1g 1a so far and the 1st isn't over yet.

rangers
04-18-2004, 03:20 PM
Belarus wins, they will advance next year. So far in the 1st, it's 2-2 Belarus came back after being down 1-0 on a goal from Thoresen (who seems to be having a solid series). Thoresen with 1g 1a so far and the 1st isn't over yet.

Game over. Belarus advance with a 5-2 win. Congrats to them

Referees was an absolute disgrace though. Disallowed an obvious Norwegian goal and didn`t call several infractions. Especially bad when the Belarus player tried to chop off Knold`s head with a blatant elbow during a Norway PP in the 2nd...

montreal
04-18-2004, 04:36 PM
If anyone taped the game today I have a lot to trade or can buy if need be. :jump:

Riddarn
04-18-2004, 04:43 PM
Game over. Belarus advance with a 5-2 win. Congrats to them

Boo! Belarus sucks! :thumbd:

(edit: I guess the 2002 olympics thing is getting old.)

rangers
04-18-2004, 05:02 PM
If anyone taped the game today I have a lot to trade or can buy if need be. :jump:

I think Norseman mentioned he was going to tape it. But I`ll have to dissapoint you. Kastitsyn did nothing tonight. Patrick Thoresen was much better..and he`s not even drafted. Why..I have no idea! :shakehead

montreal
04-18-2004, 05:11 PM
I think Norseman mentioned he was going to tape it. But I`ll have to dissapoint you. Kastitsyn did nothing tonight. Patrick Thoresen was much better..and he`s not even drafted. Why..I have no idea! :shakehead

I wanted the Habs to draft Thoresen back in '02 but for some reason no one took a chance on him (outside of the blues bringing him to camp)

rangers
04-18-2004, 05:58 PM
I wanted the Habs to draft Thoresen back in '02 but for some reason no one took a chance on him (outside of the blues bringing him to camp)

Thoresen actually reminds me of none other than Martin St Louis. Of course Patrick got a long way to go, but he`s got great speed, isn`t afraid of taking the puck to the net and is a good stickhandler as well. Also..Patrick is a tough player..he`ll hit you and he`ll go to the corners often with great success... How he`s gone undrafted is beyond me.

Norseman
04-19-2004, 01:25 AM
If anyone taped the game today I have a lot to trade or can buy if need be.

I have the game on tape and has sent a copy to your fellow habsfan bossy22 :)

Since it probably will be some troubles with the different TV-formats It would probably be better if you got him to send you a copy after he has converted it.

But as rangers said, Kastitsyn didn't do much. But Thoresen was a blast and is worth the look alone.

montreal
04-19-2004, 02:06 AM
I have the game on tape and has sent a copy to your fellow habsfan bossy22 :)

Since it probably will be some troubles with the different TV-formats It would probably be better if you got him to send you a copy after he has converted it.

But as rangers said, Kastitsyn didn't do much. But Thoresen was a blast and is worth the look alone.

Thanks, he did tell me he was getting a copy. I've getten some games from Russia and Finland, so getting them switched is not a big deal just takes about a week.

I'm glad to hear Thoresen had a strong game. :banana:

Rahan
04-19-2004, 04:56 PM
Can you tell me if Kast was getting good icetime? I was wondering.. because people on his team must be a lot older and I guess he wouldn't be on the top lines?

I also saw a photo album of one Belarus game and he appeared in only one of the many photos, so that kindof rang a bell. If anyone can tell if he had regular shift and long enough for him to show something, tell me!