Juha Lind - views?

Jokerit Wasp
04-21-2004, 07:11 AM
What does everything thing of Lind? Having just returned to Jokerit, i remembered what a prospect he was, playing several games in the NHL. However ive just looked at his stats, and his biggest ever points tally was 39 (in 50 games) with Jokerit in 1999, since then he's never scored more than 26 points in a season. Pretty dissapointing stats! :help:

pihinalle
04-21-2004, 07:38 AM
He's a risky player for any team because of his back problems.

md17
04-21-2004, 07:45 AM
What does everything thing of Lind? Having just returned to Jokerit, i remembered what a prospect he was, playing several games in the NHL. However ive just looked at his stats, and his biggest ever points tally was 39 (in 50 games) with Jokerit in 1999, since then he's never scored more than 26 points in a season. Pretty dissapointing stats! :help:

Stats might be dissapointing, but points are not the best indication of success with players like Lind. If his back holds together, I have little doubt he'll turn out to be one of the most important players for Jokerit on and off the ice.
He'll play good two-way game and he'll score important goals even if it doesn't happen every night. Most importantly, he'll be showing example of what it is to play for YOUR team every night he steps on the ice. That's exactly what Jortikka & co are envisioning.

There has been quite a lot of criticism by Jokerit fans on the recent signings, and in the case of washed up Varis I can understand it somewhat. Lind, Dahlman and Kuki on the other hand are just what the team needs IMO, especially with a guy like Jortikka at the helm. Sure, they could use some more skill on defense and maybe a sniper, but otherwise the team is looking quite good. That's providing that Filppula is able live up to my expectations as a good 2:nd line center.

Ville Isopää
04-21-2004, 10:40 AM
I like the signing of Lind and Dahlman, maybe Kuki also (for his name :) , but the signings of Varis and Martikainen I don't really understand. Isn't the goal to win the championship and not to bring back the old guys to play a last year with the good old boys... Unless Hjallis adds someone to play on the 1st line I can't see this team as a serious contender next year.

TK79
04-21-2004, 05:07 PM
I like the signing of Lind and Dahlman, maybe Kuki also (for his name :) , but the signings of Varis and Martikainen I don't really understand. Isn't the goal to win the championship and not to bring back the old guys to play a last year with the good old boys... Unless Hjallis adds someone to play on the 1st line I can't see this team as a serious contender next year.

Hjallis biggest mistake is letting that jackass Matti Virmanen build the team year after year. I'm sure signing Varis was his great idea. Jokerit would have won a few more championships during the last decade if Virmanen wasn't always screwing things up. The most imcompetent GM in the league, and the only reason he keeps his job is that he's a close personal friend of Hjallis. I could start listing all the stupid moves he's made, but it would take be the rest of the night.. :shakehead

md17
04-22-2004, 06:18 AM

Depends on what you expect of a player. Martikainen can be a dependable top4 D-man in any team in SM-liiga IMO. Top2 in most teams probably. He won't turn water into wine or Virmanen into a hockey GM, but he's still a good D-man.
I feel that people tend to underrate some of the older Finnish players playing in 'lesser' leagues in Europe. Probably has something to do with the way the skill level of SM-liiga is constantly being overrated.