Pre-Playoff Q's and A's

Chuzwazza
05-03-2004, 03:25 AM
Ok... Playoffs are here. So, here are a few rules...

I'll be doing both West and East games on the same day. That way, each round takes roughly a week. Still gotta catch the NHL. If we do, we can then take our time in the finals etc.

I'll be putting in an extra rest day tommorrw before I start the playoffs. just to freshen those regular season weary bodies a bit.

Anybody wishing to up their ticket prices may do so. but be quick. I believe your only able to change the prices once a round.

I believe the $$$ level gets upped 1 for the playoffs? Drew, Matt...anybody want to help me out on this one?

Also, just a question for Drew...did you give the 100K to those teams with all-star starters? just wanted to know if I needed to. Other than that...good luck in the playoffs everyone!

HFNHL Red Wings
05-03-2004, 11:18 AM
Thanks Josh.

As far as upping the revenue it pretty much does it on it's own. In the playoff's teams are generally able to take on a slightly higher ticket price and get the same level of attendance. If you're luicky your opponent is a big draw team. but unfortunately the only person in Detroit that would be interested in Columbus is the GM so I'm not counting on any cash grabs :)

In regards to rest days may I suggest two. Yes I have my own personal interests involved with Stumpel out injured but the usual break in the NHL is 2-3 days before the playoff's I believe.

HFNHL Red Wings
05-03-2004, 11:21 AM
Sorry missed one of your questions.

In regards to the All-Star bonuses, no I did not add that money.

One question of my own. What day (in North America) are you starting the playoff's.

Ville Isopää
05-03-2004, 11:39 AM
When will the draftlottery be held?

Hossa
05-03-2004, 02:11 PM
When will the draftlottery be held?

Yes. The playoffs for the losers.

If I remember correctly, it's usually in the first week of the playoffs, but I'm sure Josh or Drew will have an answer.

HFNHL Commish
05-03-2004, 02:35 PM
Yes. The playoffs for the losers.

If I remember correctly, it's usually in the first week of the playoffs, but I'm sure Josh or Drew will have an answer.

I'll run the lottery as soon as I get the chance.

Ohio Jones
05-03-2004, 11:43 PM
As Dion noted the other day, compensation picks for 2003 FA signings are still to be awarded as welll...

Donga
05-03-2004, 11:58 PM
Just Remember There Is No Such Thing As A 1st Round Compensation Pick As We Did Two Seasons Back.

Chuzwazza
05-06-2004, 11:57 PM
Just noticed in the HFNHL rules that there are a few bonuses that can be achieved (eg. Making the playoffs, winning the conf. finals, winning a major award etc.) Are we still doing those? and if so, do you want me to add the $$$ as each bonus is achieved, or do I do it at the end of the playoffs?

Know we've got incentive deals now too, but why should that cancel out something we've been doing for a while. if that indeed is what we've been doing.

thanks,

josh

HFNHL Red Wings
05-07-2004, 09:48 AM
We stopped awarding those bonuses years ago. Only give $200k to the president's Cup winner.
It's yet another one of those things to be changed in the long promised rulebook update :)

Hossa
05-07-2004, 02:17 PM
Can a non-playoff team fire their coach and hire a new one now?

Ohio Jones
05-07-2004, 02:24 PM
Sure, but you'd need to negotiate with the coach's agent, you might know him - Reggie Swingstein? Prolific guy, that Reggie...