Czechs best trio

endacka
05-15-2004, 01:19 PM
What are the three best Czech players nowadays?

My votes goes to:

1. Jaromir Jagr - IMO, still the best Czech player in the NHL, can dominate the game if he wants to. Just the lack of effort and maybe a few kilos of overweight are the reasons why he does not win the scoring races like few seasons ago.

2. Tomas Vokoun - All star goalie. Carried his team to their first time playoff appearence, was not far from upseting Detroit.

3. Robert Lang - Great season behind him, had he not been injured, he might have won the scoring race.

Golbez
05-15-2004, 09:45 PM

My votes goes to:

1. Jaromir Jagr - IMO, still the best Czech player in the NHL, can dominate the game if he wants to. Just the lack of effort and maybe a few kilos of overweight are the reasons why he does not win the scoring races like few seasons ago.

2. Tomas Vokoun - All star goalie. Carried his team to their first time playoff appearence, was not far from upseting Detroit.

3. Robert Lang - Great season behind him, had he not been injured, he might have won the scoring race.

Jagr might be the most talented Czech player, but he's no longer the best and I wouldn't want him on my club...too much whining and not enough defense...plus he gets paid way too much.

Vokoun is incredible...he's always had the athleticism, but needed to learn how to play a smarter game. He's one of the best in the NHL, not just Czechia.
Lang is one of my fave players, and North American fans just don't realize what a great 2-way player he is.
In Jagr's place, I'd put Elias...a perfect 2-way threat and more productive than Jagr.

How about on the Slovak side? I'd choose Chara, Demitra, and Hossa...gabo will likely be there when he rediscovers himself.

endacka
05-16-2004, 03:57 AM
Jagr has never supposed to be a 2way player and IMO he is just not the most talented but also the most skillful. He can still dominate the game IF he wants to. I would rather have Elias, strong 2way, extreamly dangerous forward who is performing every night than Jagr, who does not bring enough effort, that is for sure. But Jagr who gives everything to win is the best player to have.

On SLovakia, I would pick Chara, one of the best d-men in the league, if not the best. Than Palffy, who, had he not been injured, could have been easily in top 5 scoring this season and Hossa.

dumpnchase
07-12-2004, 11:06 PM

My votes goes to:

That sounds about right I would change it to,
1. Jagr
2. Lang
3. Milan Hejduk

Jagr just doesn't care because he knows that the Rangers are losers and aren't serious about winning so he doesn't care. Put him on a good team and watch.

operasen
07-13-2004, 11:39 AM
Martin Havlat. The guy is a point a game player on a third line under a suffocating system (that will now change with anew coach). he could blossom into one of the top producers in the game if he had a good centre to play with. Why Sens did not pursue Lang I do not know.

Jagr and Hejduk, and Jagr is a reputation vote. When he's lazy he's horrible (like Bonk).

Rogalo
09-18-2004, 02:37 PM
When he's lazy he's horrible (like Bonk).
Now that is very true :handclap: