Martin Bartek?

psycho_dad
05-24-2004, 09:33 AM
Can anyone tell me some info about this guy? My hometown team Rauman Lukko just signed him for next year. His numbers have been huge in slovak league but everyone is a little sceptical how he can play in Finnish league.

What are his strengths, flaws and so on.

All info would be appreciated, thanks!

12# Peter Bondra
05-24-2004, 09:53 AM
He is a good attacker but he doesn't defend. He waits on the blue line for the puck. He isn't strong mentally (look at playoffs) and takes stupid penalties. When he is normal he is good. But when he gets mad, he is totally useless.

psycho_dad
05-24-2004, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the info. I thought he did quite well in playoffs judging by the numbers (8 goals and 16 assists in 16 games)

He seems quite big for a "stand in the blueline like Pavel Bure" type. Is he fast on skates? I really dont like such floaters much but I guess he was picked mainly because of his scoring touch. We have lots of good defensive players already.

His temper will be controlled, our coach does not have any trouble benching guys who are acting up. And if the guy really wants a second shot at NHL, he better show up big in finnish league, without any bad attitude. I guess it really depends on what he wants for future. Now he has a chance to showcase his talent in a league that is highly ranked.

12# Peter Bondra
05-24-2004, 03:01 PM
He has a great shot and is willing to crash the net. He is a bit inconsistent I would say. He doesn't pass much really. He isn't fast but he has a great shot. One of the best I have seen really.

psycho_dad
05-24-2004, 05:31 PM
He has a great shot and is willing to crash the net. He is a bit inconsistent I would say. He doesn't pass much really. He isn't fast but he has a great shot. One of the best I have seen really.

That sounds a lot better! :)

Ego
05-25-2004, 04:55 AM
He is big offensive weapon. One of those guys who make things happen in the offensive zone. Natural point producer.
In an interview, he said they signed him to score goals and I think he can do it even in Finland.

psycho_dad
05-25-2004, 08:01 AM
He is big offensive weapon. One of those guys who make things happen in the offensive zone. Natural point producer.
In an interview, he said they signed him to score goals and I think he can do it even in Finland.

Yeah he is most definitely signed to score goals for us. Team is starting to look good. You have a link for this interview or was it just on paper?

Golbez
05-25-2004, 09:51 AM
I can see why Bartek refused a move to the much richer Russian League... their style of pure defense wouldn't suit him at all.

He should be for the fans and frustrating for his coaches :)

psycho_dad
05-25-2004, 11:01 AM
I can see why Bartek refused a move to the much richer Russian League... their style of pure defense wouldn't suit him at all.

He should be for the fans and frustrating for his coaches :)

Yeah that could be one reason. Another reason could be what a few foreign players have told Finnish media when they returned from Russia in the middle of the season....security and western lifestyle.