[FIN] Ville Hostikka

GKJ
05-27-2004, 05:46 PM
I was wondering what native Finns had to say about the season he had. I beleive he was with SaiPa's junior team

GKJ
06-09-2004, 08:37 PM
...?

Korkki
06-10-2004, 03:22 AM
I think there aren't any SaiPa fans at hfboards. I could not say a word because I haven't seen him play...

Pekka Lampinen
06-10-2004, 12:15 PM
I'm not sure at what point he disappeared off the face of the earth and why as I was gone back then. It wasn't until winter that someone pointed out that his stats were stuck at twelve or so Jr A games and never changed. A fairly serious injury, perhaps?

Anyway, the overaged Esa-Tapio Palmu was pretty much the best goalie in the league for SaiPa. Now that he's gone to play Mestis with KooKoo, there's room for Hostikka if he's going to play.

GKJ
06-15-2004, 01:51 PM
Anyway, the overaged Esa-Tapio Palmu was pretty much the best goalie in the league for SaiPa. Now that he's gone to play Mestis with KooKoo.

:lol

Best goalie in the league to Tier 2 in Finland? What came about that decision?

Padawan
06-15-2004, 02:58 PM
:lol

Best goalie in the league to Tier 2 in Finland? What came about that decision?
I believe he meant the best finnish goalie in his age group. Thus meaning he is the best goalie in junior A SM-Liiga in Laituri's opinion. Mestis is a tough league for junior A aged player imo. He can develop in there better than in junior A Sm-Liiga imo.

For the record, I don't he is the best finnish goalie in his age group.

MaV
06-15-2004, 05:55 PM
Oh come on, he is just saying that Palmu was SaiPa Jrs best goalie and played the most games, so even if Hostikka was injured (from February on I believe) he didn't lose that many starts as he was in fact not the starter in the first place.

GKJ
06-15-2004, 06:16 PM
Oops, by overaged I thought he meant he was a SM-liiga veteran playing for SaiPa in SM-liiga :innocent: