[AUT] Dieter Kalt will play in Vienna next season...

The Austrian
06-06-2004, 12:19 PM
dieter kalt will play for the vienna capitals next season. he will get about €130000 ! Vienna is now the top favourite for the championship next season.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Fan.At
06-06-2004, 12:38 PM
Capitals management has put together a squad of big-name players including Bob Wren, Frederic Chabot and national heros Kalt, the Lakos-brothers and Markus Peintner. Another interesting signing is Mario Altmann, a young ('86) up and coming stay-at-home defenseman.

Now it's up to coach Jim Boni to form a team. On paper, the capitals should win the austrian league easily.

zecke26
06-06-2004, 04:34 PM
hmm...sad news. i had hoped he would play in germany for a few seasons. $130k is much, but couldn't he get that amount of money in germany too? maybe even more? looks like he wants to win the austrian championship. he has none so far, right?

Fan.At
06-07-2004, 04:24 AM
As far as I know, Kalt played his first season in the Austrian league with KAC in 90/91, when KAC won the austrian championships. I might be wrong though.

I don't know about any offers from Germany, but rumors in Austria said, that he had offers from russian teams.

popperbolt*
06-07-2004, 10:27 AM
Capitals management has put together a squad of big-name players including Bob Wren, Frederic Chabot and national heros Kalt, the Lakos-brothers and Markus Peintner. Another interesting signing is Mario Altmann, a young ('86) up and coming stay-at-home defenseman.

Now it's up to coach Jim Boni to form a team. On paper, the capitals should win the austrian league easily.

they said DIVIS is coming if there is a lockout :eek:
well,then I am definatly going to attend some more Capitals games..

zecke26
06-07-2004, 11:10 AM
As far as I know, Kalt played his first season in the Austrian league with KAC in 90/91, when KAC won the austrian championships. I might be wrong though.

kalt indeed played his first season in the austrian league in 90/91 with KAC where he dressed up for 18 games and had a goal and an assist. so if KAC won the championship in this year, he has his title, but he wasn't as regular and maybe he wants to win it as a key player.

I don't know about any offers from Germany, but rumors in Austria said, that he had offers from russian teams.

russia normally make strong bid for players. they have lotsa money. i wonder if he really wants to win the title and waived some money.

Fan.At
06-07-2004, 11:25 AM
russia normally make strong bid for players. they have lotsa money. i wonder if he really wants to win the title and waived some money.
As Team Austria fan I'm not competely happy with his decision, because he should have gone for the greater challenge in Russia to be ready for the WC in Austria next year. So maybe he will lose the first line center position to one of the younger players like Setzinger or Koch at the WC.

He still could try to win the Austrian League in 2 or 3 years...

zecke26
06-07-2004, 04:49 PM
As Team Austria fan I'm not competely happy with his decision, because he should have gone for the greater challenge in Russia to be ready for the WC in Austria next year. So maybe he will lose the first line center position to one of the younger players like Setzinger or Koch at the WC.

i see what you mean. but is kalt still that important for team austria? don't get me wrong, but don't you think that it would be much better if younger players would get more ice-time? next year your team won't reach anything, but in the future with some of the young kids, austria really can be a candidate for the POs on an equal step with switzerland and germany.

He still could try to win the Austrian League in 2 or 3 years...

i just noticed that he is just 30. i somehow thought he's older than that. hmm..maybe he's just sick of changing the country every once in a while and will stay in austria now.

Fan.At
06-08-2004, 07:59 AM
i see what you mean. but is kalt still that important for team austria? don't get me wrong, but don't you think that it would be much better if younger players would get more ice-time? next year your team won't reach anything, but in the future with some of the young kids, austria really can be a candidate for the POs on an equal step with switzerland and germany.

I think he is very important for the younger guys. He always can help out with his expierience and he is not too old to contribute. You can't win anything with just young guys, altough players like Setzinger, Andre Lakos, Daniel Welser and Thomas Koch will take more and more a leading role in Team Austria.

Compared to Switzerland and Germany Austria is younger and more talented. I won't make any prediction, but it's quite possible that Austria is ahead of both countries in the near future, with or without Kalt. A big factor each year will be if Vanek is available, as he has proven at the WC that he can be a difference-maker.

As for next year, I expect them to make an even better impression on the "big" hockey nations than this year. One more year of expierience can help you a lot at that age...

i just noticed that he is just 30. i somehow thought he's older than that. hmm..maybe he's just sick of changing the country every once in a while and will stay in austria now.
I don't know how any offers from Russia or Germany looked and I don't know how his contract with Vienna looks. Maybe he was just homesick...

Tronador
06-08-2004, 08:14 AM
Compared to Switzerland and Germany Austria is younger and more talented. I won't make any prediction, but it's quite possible that Austria is ahead of both countries in the near future, with or without Kalt. ???? More talented???Sorry, but this is called haughtiness....

Fan.At
06-08-2004, 02:17 PM
???? More talented???Sorry, but this is called haughtiness....
Introducing Mr. Hockey-Expert who is able to show his point using good arguments... :shakehead

Seriously, you should at least tell us why you disagree.

I won't start a war here, you probably know your german team better than me, so I could be wrong. Fact is, the austrian team has a fine future ahead with some great young players being the core.

Tronador
06-08-2004, 05:06 PM
Introducing Mr. Hockey-Expert who is able to show his point using good arguments... :shakehead

Seriously, you should at least tell us why you disagree.

I won't start a war here, you probably know your german team better than me, so I could be wrong. Fact is, the austrian team has a fine future ahead with some great young players being the core.

I didn't say that i am a hockey-expert and i admit that Austria has a big potential, but hockey is also still developping in Switzerland and Germany, too.

Both teams are qualified for the next U-18 and U-20 WM, in opposite to Austria....and both teams has talented players.

"Introducing Mr. Hockey-Expert " what a constructional argument,wow....and detached.

zecke26
06-08-2004, 05:34 PM
Compared to Switzerland and Germany Austria is younger and more talented.

ouch...

with sturm and hecht being regulars for some seasons and still young, a marcel goc on the rise, ehrhoff turning heads in san jose, seidenberg being able to compete for a top6 spot in philly and some nice goalie prospects (mueller, paetzold, ehelechner) it is almost insulting to say that austria is more talented than germany. and this draft no austrian is being scouted. austria is talented, but they're not playing on the same level than germany and not in the near future. i don't know how it looks in switzerland, but they are still producing many draftees and have two good NHL-goalies. and this draft should be good for switzerland.

I won't make any prediction, but it's quite possible that Austria is ahead of both countries in the near future, with or without Kalt. A big factor each year will be if Vanek is available, as he has proven at the WC that he can be a difference-maker.

hehe, isn't it always a factor if the best players are available? and vanek may be a good player, but he's alone in the austrian team. no other player who is as talented as he is. he isn't a difference-maker. at least not alone. austria was a big surprise and they played good hockey, but do you think they can repeat it next year? i don't think so. they are above other pool A teams, but not a candidate for the POs yet.

As for next year, I expect them to make an even better impression on the "big" hockey nations than this year. One more year of expierience can help you a lot at that age...

and the other countries won't take them as easy as this year which was a big factor of austria's success.

i don't want to bash austria, it's really not my intention, but they're road of becoming an elite country in hockey is way longer than those of switzerland and germany. but vanek is a big step in the right direction and i hope many others will follow so we have a nice rivalry between the three german-speaking countries.

Fan.At
06-09-2004, 05:14 AM
I know that Germany has more NHL Players and these are players I really like. Especially Marco Sturm's rise over the last few seasons is really impressive.

Fact is, you're never sure about NHL players participating in an international tournament, so my "more talented"-word was mainly pointed towards european-based players. The young austrian team has shown that they are not far from the best skill-wise. What they were clearly lacking was endurance and expierience.

If you look at the average age of Team Austria, you will see, that this team could play together for the next 10-12 years if not longer (not counting Divis and Kalt). Neither Germany nor Switzerland can say that of their team.

There are also some promising youngsters waiting in the wings in Latusa, Patrick Harand, Nödl, Rotter, Bartholomäus...

I really enjoy this discussion and didn't mean to insult anybody, so no more words of "hockey-experts" from me.

zecke26
06-09-2004, 07:50 PM
I know that Germany has more NHL Players and these are players I really like. Especially Marco Sturm's rise over the last few seasons is really impressive.

sturm is my german NHL-favorite too. he's amazing to watch and seems to be a perfect teamplayer.

Fact is, you're never sure about NHL players participating in an international tournament, so my "more talented"-word was mainly pointed towards european-based players. The young austrian team has shown that they are not far from the best skill-wise. What they were clearly lacking was endurance and expierience.

and they played a bit too hard for an international tournament, but this is maybe the result of missing experience.
and yes, NHL-players are not always available, but this is a problem austria might face with vanek and divis too. and without vanek the team is not the same, but still ok though.

If you look at the average age of Team Austria, you will see, that this team could play together for the next 10-12 years if not longer (not counting Divis and Kalt). Neither Germany nor Switzerland can say that of their team.

hmm...i think you can't say this, because they are always new young players who will join and others who will fade. germany might not had the youngest team, but many players were still young. daniel kreutzer is 24 or so and already has 100+ games for germany and isn't likely to leave for the NHL. so he should be available every year. a real player to count on. players like lewandowski and blank are also young, but should stay in germany. same with some others. in one or two years the team should be as young as yours but more experienced.

There are also some promising youngsters waiting in the wings in Latusa, Patrick Harand, Nödl, Rotter, Bartholomäus...

i haven't heard of these, but i'm not able to follow austrian hockey closely. i have to trust your judgement. maybe you can tell me and others who might interested something about those players. age, team and so on. would be very interesting.
for germany, gawlik is someone who gets a lot of attention. he could be a 1st rounder in 2005. there are some others playing in mannheim and berlin in the DNL who look interesting at least. maybe not NHL-calibre, but good DELers and therefore candidates for the national team. german hockey is on the rise, finally.

I really enjoy this discussion and didn't mean to insult anybody, so no more words of "hockey-experts" from me.

i enjoy it as well. and i enjoy the most that although we have a strong rivalry we can discuss things without those insulting comments. "hockey expert" was a bit harsh, but leave it behind, if tronador agrees. :)

i just hope that someone from switzerland could give us some insight. but i don't know if there are swiss fans on this board. :(

Fan.At
06-12-2004, 05:13 AM
i haven't heard of these, but i'm not able to follow austrian hockey closely. i have to trust your judgement. maybe you can tell me and others who might interested something about those players. age, team and so on. would be very interesting.
for germany, gawlik is someone who gets a lot of attention. he could be a 1st rounder in 2005. there are some others playing in mannheim and berlin in the DNL who look interesting at least. maybe not NHL-calibre, but good DELers and therefore candidates for the national team. german hockey is on the rise, finally.

There are more young up and coming austrian players. A friend and me are currently planning a website about young austrian hockey players, austrianprospects.com. It should be online in September. If it all works out as we plan you will get there lots of information about austrian hockey prospects.

Some young austrian guys are playing in Germany, like the Kraxner brothers.

i just hope that someone from switzerland could give us some insight. but i don't know if there are swiss fans on this board.
An interesting topic about swiss players is, why talented guys like von Arx or Riesen never made it to the NHL full-time...

zecke26
06-12-2004, 06:34 AM
There are more young up and coming austrian players. A friend and me are currently planning a website about young austrian hockey players, austrianprospects.com. It should be online in September. If it all works out as we plan you will get there lots of information about austrian hockey prospects.

that sounds extremely nice. i thought of making the same for german prospects, but it would be a lot of work and i don't know if i have the time. is maybe someone interested in helping out? :)

Some young austrian guys are playing in Germany, like the Kraxner brothers.

where are they playing?

An interesting topic about swiss players is, why talented guys like von Arx or Riesen never made it to the NHL full-time...

not enough will to play NHL and not tough enough. but the next generation of swiss players seems to be tougher. i wonder if vauclair (OTT) will make it. i love his style.
and i'm extremely looking forward to see bartschi in pittsburgh. he could become the first swiss full-time NHLer.