[FIN] Article about Saku and Mikko Koivu - translation help needed

mikko_koivu
06-07-2004, 04:00 PM
could someone please translate this article on mikko and saku koivu :)

http://www.turunsanomat.fi/osasto/?ts=1,6,0,0,166328,2004-06-03

Padawan
06-07-2004, 05:10 PM
- The Koivu brothers play golf together. This is Mikko's first summer playing golf. Saku has played longer.

- Saku tells that his relationship with Teemu Selšnne is good despite the speculation that these to won't get along. Saku tells that Selšnne is going to be very important to Team Finland in World Cup.

- Mikko Koivu is sure that he'll play in the North America next season. If there is no NHL then Mikko will play in the AHL. Saku has been giving him some pointers to help him to adjust the American lifestyle and NHL style hockey.

- Saku will play with TPS if there's no NHL season.

Sampe
06-08-2004, 11:17 AM
- Saku will play with TPS if there's no NHL season.

And if he plays in the SM-liiga.

Padawan
06-08-2004, 11:37 AM
And if he plays in the SM-liiga.
I seriously doubt it that he would go to some other league.

Sampe
06-08-2004, 05:41 PM
I seriously doubt it that he would go to some other league.

Agreed, but we should never underestimate the influence of Vladimir Yurzinov. Although I do hope and expect that being coached by his own father will interest him more. If that happens, it'll be one heck of a year for TPS - both Saku and Kipper playing for the team! :hyper: :razz: :win:

Padawan
06-08-2004, 05:46 PM
If that happens, it'll be one heck of a year for TPS - both Saku and Kipper playing for the team! :hyper: :razz: :win:
If that happens then yes but Kipper just might go to Sweden.

Sampe
06-08-2004, 05:51 PM
If that happens then yes but Kipper just might go to Sweden.

I thought he had already promised to join TPS a long time ago?

Padawan
06-08-2004, 06:20 PM
About the Koivu and Kipper situation. I've read somewhere that TPS cannot afford all the possible players that would like to play with TPS and I mean players that would come from the North America if there's a lock out next season. Kipper likes TPS so much that if he cannot play there, he'll chooses the next best thing. That is not play in Finland at all but go the Sweden.

Remember that this is from the Press and as we well know, not all press stories are true.

Anyway, translation request has been fulfilled. I'm locking this thread.