VIEW THE FULL VERSION : GDT: Columbus at San Jose | 11/20 10:30PM EST | "Last Line of Defense" Edition

Pages : [1] 2

trish
11-20-2010, 07:41 AM
No GDT for tonight's game? I'd do it, but I don't know how... and I'm still considered a "rookie" on these boards... but anyway...

GO JACKETS!

Mods Edit:

http://cdn.nhl.com/bluejackets/images/logos/large.png at http://cdn.nhl.com/sharks/images/logos/large.png

10:30 PM
HP Pavilion at San Jose
San Jose, California

http://www.careeroverview.com/media/photos/CA/San_Jose,_California-SanJoseDowntownIMG016elf_wb.jpg

http://cdn.nhl.com/bluejackets/images/logos/large.png

Lines
Nash-Brassard-Voracek
Filatov-Vermette-Umberger
Dorsett-Pahlsson-Clark
Wilson-Murray-Boll

Klesla-Methot
Hejda-Russell
Tyutin-Commodore

Garon
Mason

Inactive
MacKenzie (Groin-Will play if Dorsett is hurt), Stralman (Sick-Unlikely)

Injured Reserve
Huselius (Foot-Out), Moreau (Hand)

http://cdn.nhl.com/sharks/images/logos/large.png

Lines
Marleau-Thornton-Heatley
Clowe-Couture-Pavelski
McGinn-Mitchell-Setoguchi
McCarthy-Nichol-Mayers

Wallin-Boyle
Joslin-Vlasic
Demers-Huskins

Niittymaki
Niemi

Inactive
McLaren, Moore, Murray

Injured Reserve
None

7dAaLMe7S8Y

I once broke down in front of Chuck Blaine. His tough love is very effective defense

FiveHole23
11-20-2010, 07:44 AM
Change the thread title and some flare and you just made the GDT.

Anyone can make them.

JACKETfan
11-20-2010, 07:47 AM
??? 4 -- !!! 2
You heard it here.

hip check
11-20-2010, 08:35 AM
I think every time I predict a Jacket win, they lose. So I'll say 5-2 SJ. 2-2 going into the third then CBJ will tire out, get into penalty trouble and throw the game away.

FTW

Fro
11-20-2010, 08:39 AM
i hope it garon, mase was named puckdaddy's #1 star last night...time to reel him back in for a couple of days...

hip check
11-20-2010, 08:42 AM
i hope it garon, mase was named puckdaddy's #1 star last night...time to reel him back in for a couple of days...

Agreed. Playing a full 60 min against the Sharks no less after just facing 50 SOG the night before can be....well physically demanding I imagine. Put in a rested Garon. Its not like he hasn't been hot lately as well.

61ncville
11-20-2010, 08:49 AM
Good morning all. Sitting here at the golf course enjoying my morning caffeine. Props to all who made it through lasts nights game way to bring one home for us non night owls.

Also glad to see my captain kept the goal streak going last night. Way to go RICKY! Here is to hoping we put one in joe thortons ass tonight and send the sharks home crying!!!!

Hoping for a Buckeyes football, Basketball, and Jackets Hockey win tonight, Going for the Trifecta boys and girls, Whats up COUGAR!!!!!!!!! THE captain is back in town even if i am at work all day!!!!!!!!

Samkow
11-20-2010, 08:52 AM
No GDT for tonight's game? I'd do it, but I don't know how... and I'm still considered a "rookie" on these boards... but anyway...

GO JACKETS!

What Rumble said. Just make sure they don't get posted before midnight (columbus time) on game day (we're superstitious folk) and have a title that has both the teams playing and the time. Other then that, one has creative license (although lines would be nice).

Socks
11-20-2010, 09:09 AM
I'm starting to believe in these guys again. And win or lose tonight, this western trip has already exceeded expectations. Having said that I really want to see another win!

JF Omalycat
11-20-2010, 09:21 AM

GO JACKETS!

Don't feel bad, I've been here for (???) seven years and I don't think I've ever started one. :help:

Anyway, I managed to stay up for last night's game and hoping to suck it up for tonight's.
I fully expected losses before the two previous games, so I'm going to do that again.

Jaxs
11-20-2010, 09:43 AM
I have been pleasantly surprised with the last two wins. Holding on for dear life, is tough way to win but a win is a win. The Sharks are as potent as LA and Anaheim, so here we go again.

On a side note, I would love for Filatov to get a goal, he needs to get some confidence going. Is it just me or is he overly trying to avoid contact and getting rid of the puck quickly? Brass went on a nice streak after his first of the season, looking for Filly to do the same.

CBJSprague24
11-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn West Coast sweep!

I think they've got the best chance since last year to get another win in the Tank. I just hope the result is different than the last time I said that.

1857 Howitzer
11-20-2010, 10:05 AM
Going to be a good sports day today. OSU football 3:30, OSU Basketball 8:00 and the Jackets at 10:30.

BrutusandStinger
11-20-2010, 10:14 AM
I have a cousin who's a big sharks fan and whenever they beat us I never hear the end of it.....GO JACKETS!!

I hope Garon gets the start tonight

Roadman
11-20-2010, 10:19 AM
Won two when it wasn't thought possible.

WHY NOT THREE ? ? ? :handclap:

TaketheCannoli
11-20-2010, 10:50 AM
I'm not sold on this team just yet. With the travel and back to back, I'm thinking. Sharks 5, Jets, I mean Jackets 3.

Samkow
11-20-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm not sold on this team just yet. With the travel and back to back, I'm thinking. Sharks 5, Jets, I mean Jackets 3.

You have to admit, this team has shown a lot of resolve/toughness on this roadtrip. More so then even I thought they had. Not ordering my "Mission Accomplished" banner yet but still impressed.

anteater90
11-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Want a win but know in my heart that 4 out of 6 is a livable trip.

I want the team to show up an compete hard. If I get that I can enjoy this west coast swing no matter the outcome.

GO JACKETS!!!!

Double-Shift Lassé
11-20-2010, 11:03 AM
Garon should play. Can the Jackets score oone more night on the west coast?

This is a critical game for the Jackets.

Matt Foley
11-20-2010, 11:29 AM
A point would be nice; a win would be out of this world.

HoldFast13
11-20-2010, 11:40 AM
http://www.fantasyhockey911.com/goalie-probables/2010-11-20

According to this Garon is starting. Come on Matty! I think our chances just got better for another win. Take that NHL network!

Timeless Winter
11-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Garon should play. Can the Jackets score oone more night on the west coast?

This is a critical game for the Jackets.

Agreed, Garon is the key to victory, Mason is probably tired anyways. A win tonight would pickle me tink.

Sore Loser
11-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Just for bragging rights' sake:

Took at peak over on the Sharks board to see who their starting keeper would be, and most of the posts in their GDT are predicting "7-1 Sharks, 11-1 Sharks" etc - with the general consensus being "let's take out our frustrations on this weak team".

I'm not the trouble-making sort - but I would love to point out that even though we're tied in the standings, we have lost less games than they have (OT points).

Here's to the Jackets shutting up those tunnel-visioned Sharks fans, once and for all.

3-2 Jackets. Nash, Filatov, Umberger - Brassard scores 3 assists (one ES, one PP, one SH), Garon makes 32 saves because that's his favorite number, and Jared Boll TKO's Ryane Clowe in the second period. Pavelski scores both Sharks goals, and Antti Niemi gets kicked off the bench for eating a box of popcorn during the game.

Go Jackets! Sweep those California teams!

trish
11-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Change the thread title and some flare and you just made the GDT.

Anyone can make them.

"Anyone" who knows all the intricate workings of this contraption called a "computer"... and that's not me! But thanks for the info...

IBleedUnionBlue
11-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Took at peak over on the Sharks board to see who their starting keeper would be, and most of the posts in their GDT are predicting "7-1 Sharks, 11-1 Sharks" etc -

Just to be fair, after every loss for CBJ, you would read the same thing in our next GDT.

Check out the LA thread from this week...
This won't be pretty

Ain't going to lose sleep just to see a drubbing- Kings 5 CBJ 0

Don't have a good feeling about tonight's game. 15-2 Kings if Mason starts.

I'm going to predict 7-0 LA. Jackets get shut out. Team will be lucky to get 1 point on the road trip.

49-0 Kings; Mason is hospitalized for third-degree burns on his neck caused by the red light constantly going off behind him.

61ncville
11-20-2010, 01:00 PM
I know my post in the kings thread didnt have us bowing down lightly. Put on the tin foil tonight boys!!!!!!

MattTheMask
11-20-2010, 01:30 PM
A 3 game Cali sweep would be epic. And especially with all the guys beginning to get banged up. Cheers to another late nighter! :cheers:

JacketsFanWest
11-20-2010, 02:08 PM
C'mon everyone, don't jinx it.

The Jackets are going to lose. 6-1. It will be the same ol' Jackets. Mason will start and give up three softies in the first period before being pulled. They have absolutely no chance whatsover that they will win.

:)

CBJSprague24
11-20-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm excited (intrigued?) to see if we can go three for three out West.

It's fun having a competitive team.

Heinze 57
11-20-2010, 02:16 PM
This post is called, "My thoughts":

You guys are old. I get up at 6 everyday and I've watched every second of both the LA and Anaheim games. It ends just before or just after 1. That's really not that late, but I understand, you're just not as big a Jackets fan as I am. :sarcasm:

The other day I was driving (downtown Columbus) and I saw a guy in an SUV, with Ohio plates, and he had a full window San Jose Sharks sticker on the back. Let's find that guy and either rub in this victory or beat him up when we lose.

I find that predicting games with the Blue Jackets has become harder. Right now we have a small sample size to draw from regarding how Arniel handles situations and how the players react to said situations. So, don't take my prediction below too seriously.

Let's see, this will be the 3rd game in 4 nights on the back end of a back-to-back, and in San Jose. I'd like to think that the boys will be geared up for this one considering our somewhat emotional games in San Jose in years past, but I have a feeling we'll see a flat group out there. Garon is getting the start and I have way more trust in him than I do in Steve "Taran Noah Smith" Mason, but I don't have a good feeling about how the boys will play in front of him. The Sharks are also coming off two overtime losses where they held a two goal lead in each game. They've had a day and a half to let it soak and I think they come out angry. Flying sharks team vs. tired Blue Jackets on the road in a tough building = 4-1 Sharks.

I'll still be up watching though.

Sore Loser
11-20-2010, 02:26 PM
Just to be fair, after every loss for CBJ, you would read the same thing in our next GDT.

Check out the LA thread from this week...

:laugh: Touche.

It's different when it's from us though. We do it in a loving, more caring manner.

When they do it, I just want to see their coach get smacked in the head with an errant puck. Remember Dave King?

CBJCougar
11-20-2010, 02:34 PM
I know the boys are tired but I also think they are on a mission and that mission is to once and for all establish RESPECT. You ain't gonna win them all but you can make sure everyone knows you came prepared to fight for it. And I think the Jackets will do just that.

KMA Sharks. We beat you before, we can do it again, we can do it TONIGHT! Let's go Jackets!! BRING IT!!

CBJCougar
11-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Good morning all. Sitting here at the golf course enjoying my morning caffeine. Props to all who made it through lasts nights game way to bring one home for us non night owls.

Also glad to see my captain kept the goal streak going last night. Way to go RICKY! Here is to hoping we put one in joe thortons ass tonight and send the sharks home crying!!!!

Hoping for a Buckeyes football, Basketball, and Jackets Hockey win tonight, Going for the Trifecta boys and girls, Whats up COUGAR!!!!!!!!! THE captain is back in town even if i am at work all day!!!!!!!!

Hello Sweetie!! Have we been into the "Captain" (Morgan) today? LOL J/K. I love your enthusiasm :yo: Cya back here later for the game.

CBJCougar
11-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Why did they recall Blunden?? Who's hurt??

Doug19
11-20-2010, 03:01 PM
Want us to win tonight, won't be sad if we don't, although doubling up our wins over our loses is something I want to continue to see our team do.

Timeless Winter
11-20-2010, 03:02 PM
Drinking Game Rules During Tonight's Contest

Take a swig of your drink everytime each one of these events happen.

1. Rimer calls someone on the ice by the wrong name.
2. Davidge says "I bet he'd like to have that one back."
3. Rimer says "Goal mouth pass."
4. Russell loses a board battle or Filatov turns over the puck.
5. FSN cuts away from a scrum to go to a commercial.
6. After a goal FSN spells someone's name wrong
7. Davidge says "Let the puck do the work."
8. Ray Crawford makes you feel awkward.
9. John Michael smiles too much for your liking.
10. Davidge says "Your goalie has to be your best penalty killer".
11. Rimer says "Oh my."
12. Davidge uses the word "campaign".
13. The Jackets score a goal.
14. One of our defensemen passes the puck to a Shark forward.
15. Boll or Dorsett get into a fight.
16. Davidge says "Goal-scorer's goal"
17. Rimer says someone "splits the defense"
18. Davidge says "It doesn't get any better than that/this".
19. Rimer says "High but not out".
20. Buckeye Auto Glass "spectacular high definition" is mentioned.
21. Rimer thinks that there's a penalty when it's just offside, hand pass, or the puck touched with a high stick.
22. Arniel is mentioned as the new coach
23. Someone says "active stick".
24. Someone says "Get the puck to the net" or "Steady diet of rubber"
25. Jackets win and you chug.

Finish whatever is left in your drink or do a shot if one of these rare gems happen.

1. Davidge says "If I had your money, I'd burn mine."
2. FS-OH freezes on your TV
3. The HD feed goes awry.
4. Bill Davidge uses all of his cliches in one night.
5. Rimer fails to notice that one of the teams is on a power play for at least 30 seconds.
6. Rimer gets us confused with the Florida Panthers

Non Rimer/Davidge Drinking Game Rules:

1. Robert spells a word wrong at any point, drink
2. Viqsi types more than one paragraph in any thread, drink
3. CBJ Cougar remarks about a player being good looking, drink
4. Samkow posts something sarcastic, drink
5. blahblah mentions he doesn't like Howson, drink
6. Someone complains about the refs, drink.
7. Capn mentions the Ducks or Brian Burke, drink

hip check
11-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Why did they recall Blunden?? Who's hurt??

My guess is Dorsett, who left the game sometime in the 2nd/3rd last night.

Edit: AP thinks that there are at least two injuries. Don't know who the other player is.
http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2010/11/getting_greedy.shtml

hip check
11-20-2010, 03:07 PM

Had to miss the last one you did. Now I've got Thanksgiving tomorrow afternoon and don't want to be hungover. Decisions...

Jaxs
11-20-2010, 03:10 PM
TW you should add when Rimmer says, dance, dances, dancing.

leesmith
11-20-2010, 03:14 PM
I'm greedy, but not TOO greedy. I want a point. I'd be thrilled with two, but I want at least one.

leesmith
11-20-2010, 03:17 PM

1. Rimer calls someone on the ice by the wrong name.
2. Davidge says "I bet he'd like to have that one back."
3. Rimer says "Goal mouth pass."
4. Russell loses a board battle or Filatov turns over the puck.
5. FSN cuts away from a scrum to go to a commercial.
6. After a goal FSN spells someone's name wrong
7. Davidge says "Let the puck do the work."
8. Ray Crawford makes you feel awkward.
9. John Michael smiles too much for your liking.
10. Davidge says "Your goalie has to be your best penalty killer".
11. Rimer says "Oh my."
12. Davidge uses the word "campaign".
13. The Jackets score a goal.
14. One of our defensemen passes the puck to a Shark forward.
15. Boll or Dorsett get into a fight.
16. Davidge says "Goal-scorer's goal"
17. Rimer says someone "splits the defense"
18. Davidge says "It doesn't get any better than that/this".
19. Rimer says "High but not out".
20. Buckeye Auto Glass "spectacular high definition" is mentioned.
21. Rimer thinks that there's a penalty when it's just offside, hand pass, or the puck touched with a high stick.
22. Arniel is mentioned as the new coach
23. Someone says "active stick".
24. Someone says "Get the puck to the net" or "Steady diet of rubber"
25. Jackets win and you chug.

Finish whatever is left in your drink or do a shot if one of these rare gems happen.

1. Davidge says "If I had your money, I'd burn mine."
2. FS-OH freezes on your TV
3. The HD feed goes awry.
4. Bill Davidge uses all of his cliches in one night.
5. Rimer fails to notice that one of the teams is on a power play for at least 30 seconds.
6. Rimer gets us confused with the Florida Panthers

8. Timeless Winter mentions Brassard, drink.

jacketsgeek
11-20-2010, 03:33 PM

Tonight's my birthday...won't need this game to start drinking!!
Just hope to wake up tomorrow with a sweep of the left coast as my #1 gift!!!!

Timeless Winter
11-20-2010, 03:34 PM

Lee, I don't wanna destroy your liver in 1 night. :D

and happy b-day geek, hope they win for ya.

Matthew
11-20-2010, 03:57 PM
9. Write a suicide note and then finish every last drop of alcohol in your house if the Jackets sweep a Californian road trip.

Mellington
11-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Matthew normaly I find you to be amusing but I dont find Suicide to be something to joke about ...

But anywho GO JACKETS !!!

TaketheCannoli
11-20-2010, 04:36 PM
YYou have to admit, this team has shown a lot of resolve/toughness on this roadtrip. More so then even I thought they had. Not ordering my "Mission Accomplished" banner yet but still impressed.

I agree with you. I fell asleep watching the Kings game but I had a feeling the Jackets would lose 5-3. When I woke up I was surprised to see the result. I then picked the Ducks in the GDT 5-3.I am not going to mess with perfection.

Viqsi
11-20-2010, 04:44 PM

I see what your game is here. You're trying to get me to shut up by playing to my desire to encourage sobriety and temperance.

WELL I WILL NOT BE FOOLED, MISTER.

Oh, and our first OTL has to come sometime. So it might as well not be tonight. 4-2 Jackets; Mason with the ENG for the lulz.

Shelley#45
11-20-2010, 05:17 PM
Feeling good about tonight. 5-3 jackets. Nash with the empty net :laugh:

Just kidding it will be Vermy with the EN :yo:

Sore Loser
11-20-2010, 05:20 PM
How about, to add to TW's fantastic drinking game, we do a guessing game on which names Rimer will say incorrectly - and, how he will say them.

My money's on Niitymaki being pronounced "Nimitaki" at least once.

Fred Glover
11-20-2010, 05:35 PM

It used to be when he mentioned Brad Richards:laugh:

Fred Glover
11-20-2010, 05:36 PM
One good thing about our Sweden trip, one game counted as a Sharks home game, and I believe that is the game we won

Socks
11-20-2010, 05:45 PM
Had to miss the last one you did. Now I've got Thanksgiving tomorrow afternoon and don't want to be hungover. Decisions...

Do it. DO IT!!! All the cool kids in the GDT are getting drunk. :sarcasm:

CBJCougar
11-20-2010, 05:48 PM

Love you TW!! *sighs* Ok, I will play in the shallow end JUST FOR YOU and so that ALL of my FAVORITE Jacket backers have a fun night, score be damned....LOL ;)

(note to team: that part about the score not counting DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU. I fully expect to WIN. There will be spankings if I am disappointed!! )

Fro
11-20-2010, 05:48 PM
i'll be out and about in the arena dist so no GDT drinking for me...just drinking!

Socks
11-20-2010, 05:53 PM
Love you TW!! *sighs* Ok, I will play in the shallow end JUST FOR YOU and so that ALL of my FAVORITE Jacket backers have a fun night, score be damned....LOL ;)

(note to team: that part about the score not counting DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU. I fully expect to WIN. There will be spankings if I am disappointed!! )

... will you be the spanker or the spankee?

CBJCougar
11-20-2010, 06:07 PM
... will you be the spanker or the spankee?

Bwhahahaha!! I like you, WinNow, you are fun!

Now, a lady never tells what goes on behind closed doors....but I will say POINTS MATTER. ;)

Socks
11-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Bwhahahaha!! I like you, WinNow, you are fun!

Now, a lady never tells what goes on behind closed doors....but I will say POINTS MATTER. ;)

:naughty::naughty::naughty:

Roadman
11-20-2010, 06:15 PM

:blush: OH MY :naughty:

Rimers stache
11-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Jackets lose 5-1, Coach Arniel fired, Kenneth Hitchcock takes over the team and sends Derick Brassard to the fourth line, moving Samuel Pahlsson to the top line.

Matt
11-20-2010, 06:27 PM
This team is just plain worn out from the last two games. I look for a complete breakdown tonight.:shakehead

Roadman
11-20-2010, 06:29 PM
This team is just plain worn out from the last two games. I look for a complete breakdown tonight.:shakehead

Which is probably why they will win.

CBJCougar
11-20-2010, 06:34 PM
This team is just plain worn out from the last two games. I look for a complete breakthrough tonight.::yo:

Fixed it for ya :yo:

Bobcat110
11-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Nice GDT Trish:handclap:

Nikita Filatov
11-20-2010, 06:44 PM
I want to be a postivie about this as possible, but that we've only won 1 game in San Jose in 10 years probably means that we'll win this.... :nod:

hip check
11-20-2010, 06:54 PM
Do it. DO IT!!! All the cool kids in the GDT are getting drunk. :sarcasm:

I'm not too old for some peer pressure. Ok I'm in...who else is really going to attempt?

Dednimnepo
11-20-2010, 07:33 PM
3 goal minimum. 2nd line will score 2 tonight. We will get at least 1 point. PK will give up 0 goals.

leesmith
11-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Hello Sweetie!! Have we been into the "Captain" (Morgan) today? LOL J/K. I love your enthusiasm :yo: Cya back here later for the game.
What the heck did you promise Commodore to get him to play so well on this trip?!? :naughty::amazed::sarcasm:

Socks
11-20-2010, 08:09 PM
God I hate late games. I'm going to be drunk before the first faceoff.

Renion
11-20-2010, 08:11 PM

You see, you and Rimer can find some common ground.

leesmith
11-20-2010, 08:15 PM
WinNow is really Danny Gare?!? :sarcasm:

Socks
11-20-2010, 08:16 PM
You see, you and Rimer can find some common ground.

Oh boy.

WinNow is really Danny Gare?!? :sarcasm:

I think I'm missing some key genitalia for that. :laugh:

Bobcat110
11-20-2010, 08:20 PM

KABOOMSKI!:amazed:

Socks
11-20-2010, 08:25 PM
KABOOMSKI!:amazed:

Maybe it's the beer but I seriously laughed way too hard at that :laugh: I have good feelings about tonight! :yo:

leesmith
11-20-2010, 08:32 PM
Now THAT'S funny! :handclap:

leesmith
11-20-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm starting to believe in these guys again. And win or lose tonight, this western trip has already exceeded expectations. Having said that I really want to see another win!

Hey! Look what just pulled up....

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr186/CBJ1628/believetrain-2-1.jpg

Socks
11-20-2010, 08:38 PM

Toot toot! Chuggachuggachuggachugga Believe Train!

LetsGOJackets!!
11-20-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm looking for the 2nd 4-3 win in a row. It feels right, and 4 other people score tonight Vermette, Brassard, Filatov & Wilson

LetsGOJackets!!
11-20-2010, 08:45 PM

can we get that whole thing on a youtube? Do you wear some form of leather?

just kidding of course:naughty:

Crede777
11-20-2010, 08:48 PM
Great, we're going to lose tonight because Robert's "When Will Canada Respect the BJ's" thread killed our karma.

:p:

I just get the feeling we're going to get shellacked after startling wins in LA and Anaheim. Hopefully Garon's in net so Mason's stats don't get worsened.

Kfarschman
11-20-2010, 08:51 PM

Not even Denzel Washington and new Captain Kirk can stop that train with a win tonight.

Socks
11-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Not even Denzel Washington and new Captain Kirk can stop that train with a win tonight.

Could Chuck Norris?

Shelley#45
11-20-2010, 08:57 PM
Could Chuck Norris?

Wesley Snipes and Woody Harrelson might, they could stop the money train. But since Snipes is in jail we just have to worry about Woody :laugh:

Socks
11-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Wesley Snipes and Woody Harrelson might, they could stop the money train. But since Snipes is in jail we just have to worry about Woody :laugh:

Money Train! Holy **** that was a horrible movie!! :laugh:

Sore Loser
11-20-2010, 09:04 PM

The fact that Snipes is in jail means that he DEFINITELY has to worry about Woody (or some sort of woody, anyways).

If Chuck Norris couldn't stop that train, this guy could:

http://www.bangitout.com/uploads/82the-terminator.jpg

Timeless Winter
11-20-2010, 09:05 PM
Great, we're going to lose tonight because Robert's "When Will Canada Respect the BJ's" thread killed our karma.

Now we know who to blame if the team loses tonight. :shakehead I know he meant well though.
Last year someone started a thread over there when our PK was doing ridiculously good, like 98% or something, promptly after that thread the team tanked.

Sharks win by a touchdown.

n8lhf
11-20-2010, 09:08 PM
Tonight's my birthday...won't need this game to start drinking!!
Just hope to wake up tomorrow with a sweep of the left coast as my #1 gift!!!!

Happy Birthday Geek!!!! :yo::yo:

n8lhf
11-20-2010, 09:12 PM

Haha, you said Woody!!! :sarcasm::naughty::amazed:

Bobcat110
Watch out for Steven Seagal...he was just sworn in as a deputy in Maricopa County.

UAWhiuJf_Y0

CBJCougar
What the heck did you promise Commodore to get him to play so well on this trip?!? :naughty::amazed::sarcasm:

A Cup... ;) :naughty:

can we get that whole thing on a youtube? Do you wear some form of leather?

just kidding of course:naughty:

LOL Yeah, like I'm gonna tell...

Timeless Winter
11-20-2010, 09:16 PM
Haha, you said Woody!!! :sarcasm::naughty::amazed:

Someone started the drinking game early... :handclap:

Shelley#45
11-20-2010, 09:17 PM
Now we know who to blame if the team loses tonight. :shakehead I know he meant well though.
Last year someone started a thread over there when our PK was doing ridiculously good, like 98% or something, promptly after that thread the team tanked.

Sharks win by a touchdown.

hahaha i remember that and thought the same thing

n8lhf
11-20-2010, 09:19 PM
Watch out for Steven Seagal...he was just sworn in as a deputy in Maricopa County.

UAWhiuJf_Y0

When was he sworn in in Arizona? I know he's been a sworn deputy with Jefferson Parish for many, many years.

macserv
11-20-2010, 09:20 PM
Hey, All, come chat with your fellow fans in real time! It's quick, easy, and fun, with no refreshing or reloading. GET IN THE CHAT! :yo:

Click here (http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23cbj&server=irc.vbirc.com) and enter your nickname to chat now,
— or —
you can go to the GDLC thread (http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=554731#2) for more information.

n8lhf
Someone started the drinking game early... :handclap:

I don't have to drink to be a connoisseur of juvenile humor.....I have two sons! And one of my favorite shows is Family Guy!

Renion

UAWhiuJf_Y0

Always been a fan of his fighting style in movies, especially with blades. Speaking of, for a movie filled with 'em, check out The Hunted, with Tommy Lee Jones and Benicio Del Toro.

Bobcat110
11-20-2010, 09:24 PM
When was he sworn in in Arizona? I know he's been a sworn deputy with Jefferson Parish for many, many years.

This week..along with Lou Ferrigno.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/11/sheriff_joes_new_posse_includes_hulk_lou_ferrigno_ steven_seagal.php

CBJSprague24
11-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Maricopa County? Did they throw Steven Seagal out of Jefferson Parish?

9. Write a suicide note and then finish every last drop of alcohol in your house if the Jackets sweep a Californian road trip.

...the hell you say? CBJ sweeps a Cali road trip & I'm going streaking!

(If it comes to fruition, thank God it's foggy tonight).

Somebody in the chat is calling for the boycott of the Believe Train due to the fact that it's a waste of tax dollars. I've been sick the whole week & it's screwed with my memory, but it may have been Samkow. :laugh:

hip check
11-20-2010, 09:30 PM
Ok, got Molson for the game's 'events.' Got a feeling I'm going to kill it quick. :help:

aRussian
11-20-2010, 09:30 PM
I am ready for this! If the Jackets are ready to work their butts off then I think we have a chance,

Predicting 4-3 OTL though

CBJSprague24
11-20-2010, 09:32 PM
The Chat has unofficial drinking game rules as well.

You might want EMT on speed dial.

Renion
11-20-2010, 09:32 PM
Yay, Randy and Drew! Phew.

Jaxs
11-20-2010, 09:33 PM

:p:

I just get the feeling we're going to get shellacked after startling wins in LA and Anaheim. Hopefully Garon's in net so Mason's stats don't get worsened.

Got to love a guy who single handedly can take on a country.:laugh:

n8lhf
11-20-2010, 09:33 PM
The Chat has unofficial drinking game rules as well.

You might want EMT on speed dial.

"Operator.....what's the number for 9-1-1?":sarcasm:

Timeless Winter
11-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Dunedin Oktoberfest

Bobcat110
11-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Dunedin Oktoberfest

Finishing my last Yuengling...then switching to the Great Lakes Eliot Ness...in the hole is the 25.4 oz Molson XXX.

ClevelandJacketFan
11-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Hey guess what!

My HD is not turned on!

*Guzzles copious amounts of alcohol.*

Timeless Winter
11-20-2010, 09:39 PM
"spectacular high definition"

drink.

Timeless Winter
11-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Finishing my last Yuengling...then switching to the Great Lakes Eliot Ness...in the hole is the 25.4 oz Molson XXX.

Yuengling is delicious. I can't wait to see your typing after this game.

Socks
11-20-2010, 09:40 PM

Mmmm... Yuengling. And here I am drinking Bud Light.

Timeless Winter
11-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Davidge said "alot of rubber".

good enough right?

n8lhf
Can we not get closer to the action?

Stej
C'mon PP!

Socks
Powerplay? Decline that sucker!!!

aRussian
11-20-2010, 09:44 PM
Nasher!!

n8lhf
PP Goal!!! Nasher!!

Socks
Yes!!!!

Timeless Winter
:pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle:

I can haz a power play goal? :pickle:

ClevelandJacketFan
A...A...

A POWERPLAY GOAL!?!?!?

What...what mean this powerplay goal?

Jaxs
Yes Nash with the cash

Bobcat110
Go Big Fat & Lazy:handclap:

Halfboard
11-20-2010, 09:45 PM
Senor Nash.................en fuego...............

joshjoshjosh
11-20-2010, 09:46 PM
gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal

PreperationCBJ
11-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Yeah Nash!

leesmith
11-20-2010, 09:47 PM
A Cup... ;) :naughty:
Quit being such a sandbagger. There's NO WAY that's an A cup! :laugh:

CBJCougar
11-20-2010, 09:49 PM
No, Rims, McCarthy's MO is to create a distraction and I for one take offense at that. THAT is MY job!! LOL

CBJCougar
11-20-2010, 09:50 PM

Depends upon how you say it, Lee ;) And, for the record, I meant a Stanley Cup :D

Socks
11-20-2010, 09:50 PM
No, Rims, McCarthy's MO is to create a distraction and I for one take offense at that. THAT is MY job!! LOL

:laugh::laugh:

You tell 'em Coug!!

Timeless Winter
11-20-2010, 09:51 PM

http://i45.tinypic.com/2vdjn8o.jpg

aRussian
11-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Nikki takin' the puck to the net. Almost made something of it too. Is this the game???

Timeless Winter
11-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Damn, I wish Jake had buried that.

Timeless Winter
11-20-2010, 09:54 PM
If Commie and Anton are playing, which Dman is scratched??

CBJCougar
:laugh::laugh:

You tell 'em Coug!!

LOL YEAH!! Ya just know Boll's gonna smack the crap out of McCarthy before the night is over. And I hope he rides him hard and throws him over the pine.

Speaking of Boll...I see he's out there with the Thorton/Heatly line. I think our little boy is growing up!!

Stej
Nash gets labeled as a goal scorer, but he is one of the most underrated passers in the NHL. Jake has to score there.

Socks
Hee hee Commie dumped Jumbo Joe!

Socks
11-20-2010, 09:56 PM
LOL YEAH!! Ya just know Boll's gonna smack the crap out of McCarthy before the night is over. And I hope he rides him hard and throws him over the pine.

Speaking of Boll...I see he's out there with the Thorton/Heatly line. I think our little boy is growing up!!

Lol you said ride and hard inthe same sentence!

CBJCougar
11-20-2010, 09:57 PM
The Sharks were complaining about being in 3 different time zones. Glad our boys have stayed in the same one during this trip.

Gawd, I am so relaxed. In Garon I trust.

n8lhf
11-20-2010, 09:57 PM
I feel like I'm there sitting in the upper bowl. The only other camera they have is the one coming down the lane!!

CBJCougar
11-20-2010, 09:58 PM
Lol you said ride and hard inthe same sentence!

That's Boller's latest thing: He doesn't do the take down. He beats them down, straddles them and just spanks 'em!! Hence, 'riding' them. Pretty hot!!

CBJCougar
11-20-2010, 09:59 PM
I feel like I'm there sitting in the upper bowl. The only other camera they have is the one coming down the lane!!

I do too and it's worse cause it's not HD

n8lhf
11-20-2010, 10:01 PM
That's Boller's latest thing: He doesn't do the take down. He beats them down, straddles them and just spanks 'em!! Hence, 'riding' them. Pretty hot!!

Sounds like fun!! :sarcasm:

CBJCougar
11-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Nasher is checking. Niiicccceeee....

Friedrich
11-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Boyle is 5'11" soaking wet. I wonder if he's shorter when he's dry.

ClevelandJacketFan
The Captain is bringing it tonight.

Scott is really getting through to him.

Fight Strap
"5'11" soaking wet" WTF does that mean?

Jaxs
Poor Boyle, if you don't want to get hit get off the ice!

CBJCougar
11-20-2010, 10:03 PM
I thought 'soaking wet' was used to describe someone's weight?

Friedrich
11-20-2010, 10:04 PM

It is. He misspoke.

Jaxs
"5'11" soaking wet" WTF does that mean?

150 pounds bone dry.

Halfboard
If Commie and Anton are playing, which Dman is scratched??

Russell

Jaxs
11-20-2010, 10:05 PM
No call *********.

n8lhf
11-20-2010, 10:06 PM

That means he started the drinking game early.

Stej
11-20-2010, 10:07 PM
Good backcheck by Wilson there.

Timeless Winter
11-20-2010, 10:08 PM
SOme good non-calls by the refs tonight.

Socks
No call *********.

Meh, I didn't like seeing Matty run into, but Toots was a part of the collision.

CBJCougar
That means he started the drinking game early.

At lunch, maybe? :)

Open ice hit by Tyutin that made the crowd Booooo loudly....NICE!!

ClevelandJacketFan
11-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Ah, Vermy, that was a lazy penalty.

Kitten Mittons
11-20-2010, 10:10 PM
Do your announcers butcher Filatov's name too?

Jaxs
11-20-2010, 10:10 PM
Meh, I didn't like seeing Matty run into, but Toots was a part of the collision.

It looked like he didn't attempt to avoid, but oh well.

Now to kill delay by Vermette.

aRussian
11-20-2010, 10:12 PM
We're making their powerplay look like ours (that's an insult, right?)

Heinze 57
11-20-2010, 10:13 PM

Amazingly, they do an okay job with his name. How are your guys saying it?

Kitten Mittons
11-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Amazingly, they do an okay job with his name. How are your guys saying it?
FI-latov.

EDIT: I think that's how everyone pronounces it around the league. It's not right though.

Socks
11-20-2010, 10:15 PM

Our announcers would butcher kittens.

IBleedUnionBlue
11-20-2010, 10:16 PM
Good to get out of period 1 with a lead. Go CBJ!

CBJCougar
11-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Get on the Believe Bus, kids! Billy is taking us to hockey school!!

Jaxs
11-20-2010, 10:20 PM

If it's a short bus,,,,,run.

Friedrich
11-20-2010, 10:21 PM

With a player that isn't even in our system anymore.

Socks
11-20-2010, 10:21 PM
If it's a short bus,,,,,run.

I remember something posted a long time ago about someone on a short bus licking windows. But I don't really remember what.

CBJCougar
11-20-2010, 10:26 PM
I remember something posted a long time ago about someone on a short bus licking windows. But I don't really remember what.

What was that conversation that Rims and Davidge were having last night about high heels?

Socks
11-20-2010, 10:28 PM
What was that conversation that Rims and Davidge were having last night about high heels?

... they were talking about high heels? I find that disturbing.

n8lhf
11-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Were they playing Crazy Train for us?

Socks
11-20-2010, 10:31 PM
I want to see a good (non-suspendable) open ice hit. Our guy on their guy. Knock him on his ass.

CBJCougar
11-20-2010, 10:32 PM
... they were talking about high heels? I find that disturbing.

Yep, they were. Rough translation from my foggy memory: Rims made some comment about height. Davidge asked him if he wore his high heels. Rims made some comment to the effect of if he did he would borrow them from Bill and Davidge said I bet you would.

I now listen because at some point, they kinda take digs at each other. Affectionate I'm sure?

Stej
11-20-2010, 10:34 PM
Filly helping out down low.

Socks
11-20-2010, 10:34 PM
Yep, they were. Rough translation from my foggy memory: Rims made some comment about height. Davidge asked him if he wore his high heels. Rims made some comment to the effect of if he did he would borrow them from Bill and Davidge said I bet you would.

I now listen because at some point, they kinda take digs at each other. Affectionate I'm sure?

You know, I don't know about that. I've always kind of giotten the idea thsat they maybe don't like each other.

CBJCougar
11-20-2010, 10:35 PM
On of the things I like more about Nik this year is that he isn't shying away from the board battles.

Timeless Winter
11-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Shoot the ****ing puck

Friedrich
11-20-2010, 10:38 PM
On of the things I like more about Nik this year is that he isn't shying away from the board battles.

I've noticed this as well. He's really battling out there.

I hate how our defensemen has all this space, but they don't really move the puck, they just piddle wristers in from the point.

leesmith
11-20-2010, 10:39 PM
Shoot the ****ing puck

x2!!!

Socks
Wow did Weighty just draw a second penalty in a row?

aRussian
When the dudes on the blue line shoot it they seem to always wrist it or just haphazardly toss it. Where are the guns?

eljefe72

It's the alcohol talking.

n8lhf

I have a friend who's family was going to see the lights at Oglebay and there were taking a school bus. I asked her if it was a short bus and she said yes and she was going to lick the windows on the way down there. :shakehead:help:

Timeless Winter
11-20-2010, 10:40 PM
Next PP better be more effective than the last one.

Friedrich
11-20-2010, 10:41 PM
That's how you shoot it from the point!

Stej
11-20-2010, 10:42 PM
Better so far.

Socks
11-20-2010, 10:43 PM
You know, I just love Brass's confidence qthat he's found lately.

Timeless Winter
11-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Commie and Filatov both turned it over, drink twice.

CBJCougar
11-20-2010, 10:46 PM
San Jose is a tough team. Our guys are holding their own. I miss Russell. Am glad to see we are checking. We sure need it against these guys.

Timeless Winter
Great PK

aRussian
Damn that was some great control by Nasher

hip check
11-20-2010, 10:47 PM
I have to watch the SJ feed tonight. The announcers are so much more enjoyable. Go figure.

DestinationUnknown
Just like he was in a phone booth....

gojackets1
Ok, umberger on a breakaway, no call. BS.

But what I really came to post for is my issue with Commodore.

1. That was a completely unnecessary penalty

2. He pinches at the absolute WORST times ever, and to make it even worse, he goes all the way down into the corner.

He is a shame amongst OFD wannabes.:shakehead

Rimers stache
11-20-2010, 10:48 PM
I hate jumping to conclusions, but Filatov (whom I see through rose colored glasses) doesn't look like he belongs.

Jaxs
11-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Rimmer said dance, drink, while you bust a move.

Doug19
11-20-2010, 10:50 PM
I think Filatov looks fine actually I think the offensive problem on that line is Vermette, offense goes to die on his stick this season.

Stej
11-20-2010, 10:50 PM
Ok, umberger on a breakaway, no call. BS.

But what I really came to post for is my issue with Commodore.

1. That was a completely unnecessary penalty

2. He pinches at the absolute WORST times ever, and to make it even worse, he goes all the way down into the corner.

He is a shame amongst OFD wannabes.:shakehead

Agree on most fronts, but in his defense, on that play where he went deep into the offensive corner, he had just gotten out of the penalty box so he was essentially the 3rd forward.

hip check
11-20-2010, 10:51 PM
I can not hear Jason Demers without thinking I hear Jason Chimera. Doesn't matter how many SJS games I watch.

Socks
11-20-2010, 10:51 PM
Rimmer said dance, drink, while you bust a move.

You can't see me (or can you? :eek:), but I totally just did the electric slide.

Timeless Winter
11-20-2010, 10:52 PM
I'm not sure what the issue with the 2nd line is. I don't know if it's a certain player, or they just have no chemistry.

n8lhf
Anybody experienced a little difficulty with FSNO sound?

Doug19
Mackenzie makes that fourth line look so much more dangerous with his speed, it's sad he didn't get his shot until this year, because he's deserved it for 2 seasons prior. I'm glad he's on our club for sure.

n8lhf
11-20-2010, 10:53 PM
A little bit of a sucker punch???

Doug19
I'm not sure what the issue with the 2nd line is. I don't know if it's a certain player, or they just have no chemistry.

Here's what I don't get, why hasn't Filatov had the puck on his stick in the slot once this season. Vermette and Umberger are playing along the perimeter to much. They need to work harder to get someone the puck in the middle.

leesmith
Just like he was in a phone booth....

What's a phone booth??? ;)

Jaxs
11-20-2010, 10:54 PM
I think Filatov looks fine actually I think the offensive problem on that line is Vermette, offense goes to die on his stick this season.

Not much sustained time in O zone by the #2 line. At least it's not from lack of effort.

CBJCougar
11-20-2010, 10:55 PM

We were talking about that last night. I don't think the styles compliment one another at all but with the injurys, you just gotta work with what you've got. I think that Nik plays well with Juice.

Socks
11-20-2010, 10:56 PM
Mackenzie makes that fourth line look so much more dangerous with his speed, it's sad he didn't get his shot until this year, because he's deserved it for 2 seasons prior. I'm glad he's on our club for sure.

He's so much faster than I remembered ffrom the past. I've always been a Dmac fan, but I honestly didn't remember him being that quick.

Doug19
11-20-2010, 10:56 PM
Not much sustained time in O zone by the #2 line. At least it's not from lack of effort.

Yep, they are stuck in the one and done effort. Huselius will bring some balance to that line when he comes back, he knows how to keep the puck in the offensive zone for sure.

Doug19
11-20-2010, 10:57 PM
He's so much faster than I remembered ffrom the past. I've always been a Dmac fan, but I honestly didn't remember him being that quick.

Same here, he is probably the fastest guy we have, probably up there with Chimera's straight line speed, but at least he has the agility to go along with the top speed.

hip check
We were talking about that last night. I don't think the styles compliment one another at all but with the injurys, you just gotta work with what you've got. I think that Nik plays well with Juice.

The first season Vermette came over to the Jackets he developed really good chemistry with Umberger. I don't know why its not working now. Then again Vermette hasn't really developed chemistry with anyone this season.

cbjpointman
Anybody experienced a little difficulty with FSNO sound?

Glad it's not just me. Cuts in and out with annoying regularity. Last 3 games have been that way

aRussian
11-20-2010, 10:59 PM
Our 7.5 million dollar man looks like it!

Timeless Winter

Nasher

Socks
Umm... did Nasher just score? Yay if so!

Oh yeah, that's definitely in. Way to go Captain!

Samkow
Worst.Goal.Ever

Timeless Winter
The first season Vermette came over to the Jackets he developed really good chemistry with Umberger. I don't know why its not working now. Then again Vermette hasn't really developed chemistry with anyone this season.

Except CBJCougar, you mean.

Jaxs
11-20-2010, 11:00 PM
Nash in bunches.

kidAcbj
Holy crap! What a goal!!!

ClevelandJacketFan
This will get called back because of Jakub.

/warroomscrewjobtheory

Nice job by Nash, though!

Shopcat
That's where the peanut butter goes?

Friedrich
They're probably trying to decide if Jake interfered with the goaltender. It actually looks like the puck came off of him.

Bobcat110
Big Fat and Lazy x 2:handclap:

n8lhf
Hey Mr. Niitymaki thanks for joining us. Hope you're enjoying the game!!! :yo::yo::handclap::handclap:

leesmith
We didn't get screwed by the War Room!!! :yo:

CBJCougar
Why are they reviewing that one? DUmb, dumb, dumb. I think the linesmen should get a delay of game penalty.

Doug19
11-20-2010, 11:01 PM
good goal.

Stej
Kaboomski!

Rimers stache
Gooooal!

CavsandJax21
I think Scott took Nash's gold medal away from him and won't give it back until he plays like the superstar he can be. And if he keeps this up, he will get his lost medal back.

DestinationUnknown
Worst.Goal.Ever

There is no such thing.

Socks
Same here, he is probably the fastest guy we have, probably up there with Chimera's straight line speed, but at least he has the agility to go along with the top speed.

Agreed. I liked Chimmer as a person, but Dmac has both Chimmer's speed plus actual talent.

Socks
Why are they reviewing that one? DUmb, dumb, dumb. I think the linesmen should get a delay of game penalty.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Totally made me chuckle!

hip check
11-20-2010, 11:02 PM

Haha...well I don't know CBJCougar like that to make that joke. But for u :thumbu:

gojackets1
11-20-2010, 11:02 PM
Agree on most fronts, but in his defense, on that play where he went deep into the offensive corner, he had just gotten out of the penalty box so he was essentially the 3rd forward.

No, the instance I'm thinking of happened like 2 minutes before his penalty.

Pata93
11-20-2010, 11:03 PM
Guys, that's Jake's 100th point in the NHL!!!

:handclap::yo::handclap:

Socks
11-20-2010, 11:04 PM
I rhink it's time for the Captain to get a hatty agian.

Stej
No, the instance I'm thinking of happened like 2 minutes before his penalty.

My mistake.

Timeless Winter
I'll give the refs some credit, they've called a good game, good calls and good non-calls too.

leesmith
Haven't the fans in San Jose ever seen a hip check before??? :shakehead

Samkow
I know that Zaius will kill me for saying this but...

I actually like how Commodore looks out there.

Socks
11-20-2010, 11:05 PM
Great crunch by Commie!!! Guys I think we' have the 2008/2009 version back!

CBJCougar

I don't think the problem is Vermette.

Absolutely ;) Love that boy! He is a worker.

Did I see that right? Did Nik just dump somebody??

leesmith
Haha...well I don't know CBJCougar like that to make that joke. But for u :thumbu:

I do. And DAMN, that was funny! :handclap:

aRussian
11-20-2010, 11:06 PM
I'm really happy we've been able to keep up with the sharks.
If we don't play our third like we did against the ducks then I feel good about our chances

gojackets1
11-20-2010, 11:06 PM
My mistake.

Sorry if I sounded angry at you haha. However I do recall the instance you were talking about.

Socks
11-20-2010, 11:07 PM

Lol just caught that comment! :yo::handclap::laugh:

CBJCougar
They've got Brass in pocket.

hip check
That was nerve wrecking...

Derby
11-20-2010, 11:08 PM
Brass in the penalty box reminds me of a preschooler in time out. that face...