[FIN] What's gunna happen at the draft?

f1nn
06-22-2004, 08:32 PM
Ok, i kinda stole this from the Swedes... but predict what willl happen with Finnish players at the draft. How many will get drafted in the first round? whole draft?
Anything of the sort.... Just make predictions

ALF AmericanLionsFan
06-22-2004, 10:03 PM

jepjepjoo
06-23-2004, 05:50 AM
1st round: Lauri Tukonen, Lauri Korpikoski
2nd round: Petteri Nokelainen(early 2nd or late 1st)
3rd round: Aki Seitsonen, Sami Lepistö

Later rounds: Valtteri Tenkanen, Pasi Salonen, Mikko Kuukka?, Miikka Tuomainen? + some overagers and maybe goalies(Rämö,Ahlqvist). I don't really know about the players in the later rounds...

TK79
06-24-2004, 02:53 AM
-Lauri Tukonen 3-8
-Lauri Korpikoski 15-20 (likely STL #17 or CAL #19
-Petteri Nokelainen 25-35
-Sami Lepistö 30-60 (will be a great steal for some team).
-Aki Seitsonen 2nd-4th round

others: Pasi Salonen, Miika Tuomainen, Kimmo Kuhta, Janne Pesonen, Alexi Ahlqvist, Janne Jokila (9th round) and probably a few others I forgot.

bossy22
06-27-2004, 01:19 AM
It was hard to believe that Tukonen was still available at # 11. The Kings must be thrilled.

I was hearing more and more about Korpikoski as the year progressed and how he was moving up the scouting charts. I have not read very much on Nokelainen, except that he was a projected late 1st or early 2nd rounder. With all the scouting services indicating that Korpikoski was the better prospect, why would the Islanders pass on him?

The TSN draft analyists all stated that Nokelainen will play in the NHL and that all aspects of his game are sound, especially his defense. Can those of you more familiar with these players give me your thoughts on who is the better player and who has the most potential to be the better player?

Thanks in advance...

f1nn
06-27-2004, 01:47 AM
I have no idea why but for some reason I always mix up Nokelainen and Korpikoski... but I it was Nokelainen who has a really great work ethic and is a excellent leader.... and I believe some scouts said he could someday be a captain in the NHL..... This may be the reason they took him over Korpikoski