VIEW THE FULL VERSION : Denmark: Denmark WC-team 2011

danishdynamite
01-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Last year's WC was a break out year for Denmark, that went to the QF.

This year group D is: Finland, Czech Republic, Latvia, Denmark.

Last year we beat Finland 4-1, and a repeat would of course be nice, but obviously the game against Latvia is the most important.

It seems like Jannik Hansen will be busy with PO (unless Canucks fail miserably in the 1. PO-round, which seems unlikely).

Frans Nielsen and Peter Regin will be available (unless traded or injured). Lars Eller, Mikkel Bødker and Philip Larsen are 50/50 at the moment.

A preliminary line-up:

Nicklas Jensen - Peter Regin - Lars Eller
Morten Madsen - Frans Nielsen - Mads Christensen
Niklas Hardt - Morten Green - Julian Jakobsen
Kim Staal - Kirill Starkov - Morten Poulsen
Jannik Karvinen

Philip Larsen - Stefan Lassen
Mads Bødker - Jesper Jensen
Markus Lauridsen - Mads Bech Christensen
Daniel Nielsen

Patrick Galbraith
Frederik Andersen

TheFatOne
01-15-2011, 03:59 AM
Mikkel Boedker - Peter Regin - Lars Eller
Morten Madsen - Frans Nielsen - Jannik Hansen
Niklas Hardt - Morten Green - Kim Staal
Morten H Poulsen - Mads Christensen - Nicklas D Jensen

Markus Lauridsen - Jannick Christensen

Tobias
01-15-2011, 05:04 AM

Daniel Nielsen and Jesper Damgaard(if fit) will be there for sure. Julian Jakobsen will also be there before Morten Poulsen IMO.

jonas2244
01-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Greatest weakness in Danish hockey is goaltending in my opinion. Are there some prospects around who could compete at a good european level? Galbraith and Andersen couldn't convince me of that in the past.

danishdynamite
01-15-2011, 09:45 PM
Galbraith has at least the level to Swedish Elitserie - if not more. He continues to take his play to the next level - and he is still quite young.

Defence is a far bigger problem imo..

AStammer7*
01-18-2011, 12:39 AM

Nice to see the Danes emerging as a potentially good team for 2011 WC. I like the talent they have producing lately which a great boost to their program. Hope the LA Kings draft Nicklas Jensen(LW-RW).

Tobias
01-18-2011, 11:38 AM
It's quite a quality to have a player like Mads Christensen in the 4th line for a team like Denmark :)

Bank
03-07-2011, 05:20 PM
This thread needs to be taken up again..

4 out of 6 NHL'ers are bound for playoffs, one of the other two(Regin) is out with an injury...

That leaves a couple of if's and but's on the depth chart :shakehead

Morten Madsen-Frans Nielsen-Niklas Jensen
Julian Jakobsen-Mads Christensen-Nicklas Hardt
??-Morten Green-??
??-??-??

Daniel Nielsen-Stefan Lassen
Mads Boedker-Mads Bech Christensen
??-??
??

Patrick Galbraith
Frederik Andersen
Sebastian Dahm

Then there's a lot of questionmarks:

Healthy? Jesper Damgaard, Kim Staal?
To old? Jesper Duus?
Not proven enough? Jesper Jensen(Rögle), Oliver and Markus Lauridsen, Jannik Christensen, Simon Grønvaldt, Nicolai Meyer, Nicholas Jensen, Jesper Jensen(FWH), Morten Poulsen?
Not played a game of importance since 8. feb and won't play one again until the WC?
Michael Eskesen, Sebastian Dahm, Kiril Starkov, Lasse Holdgaard?
Still at same level though coming home to the depleeted Danish league? Kasper Degn?
A-WC quality? Morten Andreasen, Phillip Hersby, Kasper Jensen, Thor Dresler, Frederik Storm?

Perhaps this will be a year in regelations after last years succes? This thread calls for a debate on how serious the problems are... if they are there?
Fellow Danes(And others interested) lets solve this problem for Bäckman! :D

Artemia
03-08-2011, 01:49 AM
Not trolling but I hope Denmark gets relegated to division 1 soon.

You've just had it too easy ever since you reached elite division unlike Norway who's been up and down quite a lot.

Once you get relegated and doesn't get up again for a few years is when it really starts to get hard. Much less financial support, media, general interest, etc.

You haven't been through this yet ever since you reached the elite in 2003. It's about time.

andersej
03-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Sure looks like trolling... I mean, why do you want Danish hockey to suffer? :shakehead

I don't want bad things for Norwegian hockey and I enjoy watching players like Zuccarello and Thoresen. I want both Danish and Norwegian hockey to improve and perhaps edge closer to the Swedes and the Finns while at the same time maintaining a healthy rivalry.

The Danish team had some luck surviving in the top flight the first few seasons, but is steadily improving. We most likely this summer will see the third Danish player in a few years drafted in the first round of the NHL draft. This is a clear sign of the improvement in player development in Denmark.

I would say that the Danish team has improved to the point where relegation, while still a possibility, would require some bad luck, where in the first few years we needed some luck to stay in the top flight at the World Championships.

cheerupmurray
03-09-2011, 06:52 PM
I don´t know much about the quality of the danish league or the players in it, so I cant really help :(

I have watched quite a bit of Jeper Jensen in Rögle though and I think he will be a nice player. I can imagine that he will be a bit overwhelmed in the WC, but at least he doesn´t look out of place in Allsvenskan. I like that he´s tough and plays bigger than his size.

I expected Mats Boedker to be better though, too many stupid misstakes for my liking. I really liked my very brief wieving of Felix Maegaard-Scheel, he was really noticable in his callup and made lots of stuf happen. I realize he wont be picked this year, but he´s going to be a good player for the future.

andersej
03-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Jesper Jensen is tough. In his first ever game at the age of 16 in the Danish league (vs Herlev) he had a fight and got tossed. I'd like to say it was even his first shift, but I am not 100 % sure of that.

Mads Bødker is a smooth skater, but sometimes he tries to be too kool for skool in his own zone leading to some bad turnovers. He needs to make the safe play more often in his own zone. He also doesn't have the size to be an effective crease clearer.

Artemia
03-11-2011, 08:13 AM
Sure looks like trolling... I mean, why do you want Danish hockey to suffer? :shakehead

I don't want bad things for Norwegian hockey and I enjoy watching players like Zuccarello and Thoresen. I want both Danish and Norwegian hockey to improve and perhaps edge closer to the Swedes and the Finns while at the same time maintaining a healthy rivalry.

The Danish team had some luck surviving in the top flight the first few seasons, but is steadily improving. We most likely this summer will see the third Danish player in a few years drafted in the first round of the NHL draft. This is a clear sign of the improvement in player development in Denmark.

I would say that the Danish team has improved to the point where relegation, while still a possibility, would require some bad luck, where in the first few years we needed some luck to stay in the top flight at the World Championships.

Just think you've had it too easy. Would like to see how you would handle some adversity and how long it would take for you to come back.

It's not like I want you to stay in division 1 forever, I just want to see how it impacts danish hockey.

Considering how few rinks and players you have, even less than us, you're almost doing too good.

Password
04-04-2011, 11:59 AM
HI! What are Kasper Jensen's chances of making the Danish WC-team? And what type of player is he?

smitty10
04-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Expect a few of the Danish NHLers to be a the WC this year. I'm thinking Nielsen, P. Larsen and Eller will all be there (I think their teams will lose quickly). Not sure about Regin's status, but since he's been out so long I think it's safe to say that Ottawa has shut him down for the year. O. Laurisden will probably be making the trip to Slovakia as well, seeing as the Phantom's are brutal.

I wouldn't be surprised if Boedker made an appearence as well, but don't expect to see Hansen this year. He will either be deep in the playoffs or too depressed to play.

Bank
04-05-2011, 05:24 PM
HI! What are Kasper Jensen's chances of making the Danish WC-team? And what type of player is he?

1) He is in the battle for one the spot as a 6-7ish d-man. Depending on this and that... His new contract with Bofors doesn't hurt his chances at all.

2) This is based on what i've seen in Rodovre the last two years:

I could imagine that he will be a shutdown d-man in Sweden, and that IS where he's best. The last year he has had offensive duties in Rodovre, but that has more to do with the lack of backs over 18 years of age in Rodovre then Kasper Jensens abilities. With that said he has a reasonable slap-shot, and is capable of PP-time.

He's great at making hits count, and in his own zone he was a force in the Danish league. He still makes brain farts, but they are getting fewer. He has a good combination of skating and size.

Needs work on decisions with the puck and his hands.

And then he is just a great guy - hope to see him back in Rodovre within a few years :)

As to NHLers... back in Denmark the expectation is Nielsen and perhaps a single PO-guy. Texas Stars had a good run last year, and Philip is - if what i've read on Dallas' forum is correct - having some difficualties with the "bulking-up"-part. So he will be ready for a early summer vacation when done in Cedar Park. I don't expect to see him. Neither do I(As a Stars fan) blame him.

If Bødker or Eller goes out early - i'll expect to see them. Both players havn't played all season at their top capacity of minuts(As Nielsen and Hansen). They'll be locked and loaded for a WC! They would be huge to have.

Hansen is going far i the PO and Regin is injured(And must spend his summer getting fit for a crucial year in Ottawa that will decided if he's NHL-material or to soft. Nielsen is getting nursed by the NYI, and is expected to show up.

In the meentime Damgaard and Duus has announced that they aren't going to play the WC. That leaves - in my eyes - 3 spots in the blue line. A bunch(6-8) are compeeting for those spots. However I would not count Lauridsen as a lock. Bäckman has been pretty indiffered with him... We'll see.

Oh... and the roster against Norway has been announced. A few things to notice:

1) Simon Nielsen seems to be ahead of Sebastian Dahm. A shame if you ask me.
2) Daniel Villandsen is in the battle for the last spot amongst the D's
3) 2 x Steffen(Klarskov and Frank) is in for the first time. Not WC material, but they are the future amongst forwards on the national team. Klarskov in particular had a nice PO! Looking forward to seeing him in red and white in many years to come...

Edit: Mads Bech Christensen is likely out for the WC... 4 spots now open amongst the D-men

TollefsenFan
04-13-2011, 09:31 AM
Hm i think denmark can do well, but it wont be easy.... Anyways good luck. Hilsen fra Norge ;)

TheFatOne
12-28-2011, 12:59 PM
Team Denmark WC 2012

Lars Eller - Peter Regin - Jannik Hansen
Mikkel Boedker - Frans Nielsen - Nichlas Hardt
Kim Staal - Mads Christensen - Morten Madsen
Julian Jakobsen - Morten Poulsen - Nicklas Jensen

Oliver Lauridsen - Philip Larsen
Daniel Nielsen - Jesper Jensen
Kasper Jensen - Mads Bech Christensen

Frederik Andersen
Patrick Galbraith