Thoughts on Lukas Kaspar

sharkyz15
06-27-2004, 02:26 PM
I was wondering wha people on this board thought of Lukas Kaspar.

His size and skills kind of remind me of Marian Hossa. I have heard others compare him to Martin Havlat. I would love it if turns out to even be close to those players.

Who would you compare him to and how long do you think it will take him to make it with the Sharks?

thanks

Golbez
06-27-2004, 03:53 PM
I was wondering wha people on this board thought of Lukas Kaspar.

His size and skills kind of remind me of Marian Hossa. I have heard others compare him to Martin Havlat. I would love it if turns out to even be close to those players.

Who would you compare him to and how long do you think it will take him to make it with the Sharks?

thanks

Kaspar might have similar physical skills to a guy like Hossa (Size and speed), but he definitely does not have Marian's hockey sense and creativity... he's more like Marcel Hossa, or Robert Kron :lol:

Kaspar prefer to shoot more than pass, which is a change from most prospects in his country.

I think the 'soft' tag that was put on him was probably from scouts watching his Extraliga games. It's not uncommon for junior players to a 'shy' and conservative game when they are playing against men far above their level. He was stuck on the bottom 2 lines and basically just tried to 'survive', from all accounts.

And then when Kaspar was playing among his peers (Junior League), he was more assertive and his 'usual' self.

His lack of defense (his biggest shortfalling) can be worked on, so it's just a matter of getting comfortable in the Czech League, presuming he doesn't go to the CHL. It might be better for him to go to the CHL, given the fact that Litvinov wants to compete and giving ice time to Kaspar isn't a priority.

elvis
07-06-2004, 07:59 PM
Are there any English language websites or sources you would recommend that cover the Czech leagues?

Golbez
07-20-2004, 10:59 PM
Are there any English language websites or sources you would recommend that cover the Czech leagues?
There are none, unfortunately.

Faceoff.com, when it was good, used to have english language articles by Pavel Barta that covered the Czech League..but that's long gone

jlockhart89
07-22-2004, 09:18 PM
well i dont know much about him except he got some loooooooooong hair :joker: