[FIN]Janne Pesonen

Kevin Forbes
06-27-2004, 07:14 PM
I hope to get this in before everyone floods here looking for information on picks. I'm wondering if any SM-Liiga fans could give me some information on Karpat's Janne Pesonen. So far I know he's an overager and a fairly talented offensive player and usually plays with Dallas Stars prospect, Jussi Jokinen.

Flonaldo
06-28-2004, 01:54 AM
I'd say he's a sniper type of player. He came into the league and was on fire the first couple of months. After that his production cooled off very quickly, as did the whole line of Jokinen-Lievers-Pesonen.

Pretty small guy for the way he plays. Goes into the corners gladly but isn't a force. Not a high end skill guy. Just seems to be in the right spots to score goals. A very good wrister.

TK79
07-01-2004, 01:27 AM
I'd say he's a sniper type of player. He came into the league and was on fire the first couple of months. After that his production cooled off very quickly, as did the whole line of Jokinen-Lievers-Pesonen.

Pretty small guy for the way he plays. Goes into the corners gladly but isn't a force. Not a high end skill guy. Just seems to be in the right spots to score goals. A very good wrister.

Sniper? I would call him more of a speedster. I think the chances of him making the NHL are very slim, he seems to abused psysically even here in the SM-liiga.